• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think he's trying to say that when people think of the most iconic PS1 franchises, these 2 come to mind. Personally I don't think Activision cares about representing these 2 in a Nintendo game just because they released their remakes on the switch.
Activision is actually doing neat on Switch, if we count Blizzard too due to the fusion of both companies.

We have Skylanders Imaginators, N Sane Trilogy, Diablo and maybe a few more (All of these are good ports). We also have the Diablo edition for the Switch, alongside the recently revealed amiibo.

Activision is doing surprisingly better on the system than EA or even Rockstar, so maybe they see the Switch as a huge deal.

Absolutely.
Or are you forgetting when Link and Mario teamed up to fight Bowserdorf on the moon?
Or Link racing at the karts with Mario.

Oh wai-

Last edited by a moderator:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
No, but, like, even before they were owned by the same company they were already being mashed together in a literal attempt at cashing in on the Pokemon colored versions trend, lol.

Oh right there was those games. I think I tried to block them from my memory lol

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Activision is actually doing neat on Switch, if we count Blizzard too due to the fusion of both companies.

We have Skylanders Imaginators, N Sane Trilogy, Diablo and maybe a few more (All of these are good ports). We also have the Diablo edition for the Switch, alongside the recently revealed amiibo.

Activision is doing surprisingly better on the system than EA or even Rockstar, so maybe they see the Switch as a huge deal.
Nah I totally get you. I'm just pointing out that Sakurai has yet to work with an Western 3rd party (yes, Microsoft would be a first if it happens) and those games dont have Nintendo history (partially why I'm still skeptical on Steve, regardless of Hitagi's comments)

I'd be totally for them in the long run, Im just questioning their viability to make DLC

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nah I totally get you. I'm just pointing out that Sakurai has yet to work with an Western 3rd party (yes, Microsoft would be a first if it happens) and those games dont have Nintendo history (partially why I'm still skeptical on Steve, regardless of Hitagi's comments)

I'd be totally for them in the long run, Im just questioning their viability to make DLC
Maybe not Spyro (the poor dude got a bad reputation in Japan and GBA games that weren’t as good).

But Crash, has a neat track on Nintendo consoles: wonderful GBA games besides Fusion, neat ports on Gamecube and Wii, a surprisingly cool version of Titans on DS and now N.Sane Trilogy on Switch. He is also popular in Japan and SEGA is the company that publishes his games there at the moment.

Crash is likely, but more so as DLC, at best in a second pass.

Oh right there was those games. I think I tried to block them from my memory lol
Try the other two Crash games for GBA: N-Tranced and The Huge Adventure/XS.

The story is kind of weak, and the game plays in 2D. But they are great to play, and actually translate the mechanics from the PS1 titles to the handheld pretty well.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
We definitely could do with more Tropical Freeze music. It's great in it's own right (Give me Wing Ding or give me death, Sakurai), but it'd also be nice to give the newer DKC games some more love: especially now that we've lost the Jungle Hijinx stage.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I still think if we get a Western 3rd Party character that’s not Bethesda it’ll be someone from Ubisoft since they made a Mario game and a game where you could play the whole campaign as Star Fox. It’d be a good way to further relations with them on Nintendo’s part

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Even though I don't know if they have greater chances, it's why I'm supporting Banjo and Rayman more as classic 3rd party reps over a few that are being pitched. They did have their origins start on Nintendo console (Rayman 2 and 3 at least were on Nintendo systems) and Ubisoft to me seems more buddy buddy with Nintendo these days with an actual Nintendo crossover.

Totally down for Crash, Spyro, Steve, etc, I just doubt their DLC inclusion because Nintendo has yet to do a western 3rd party with no actual Nintendo origin.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Maybe not Spyro (the poor dude got a bad reputation in Japan and GBA games that weren’t as good).

But Crash, has a neat track on Nintendo consoles: wonderful GBA games besides Fusion, neat ports on Gamecube and Wii, a surprisingly cool version of Titans on DS and now N.Sane Trilogy on Switch. He is also popular in Japan and SEGA is the company that publishes his games there at the moment.

Crash is likely, but more so as DLC, at best in a second pass.

Try the other two Crash games for GBA: N-Tranced and The Huge Adventure/XS.

The story is kind of weak, and the game plays in 2D. But they are great to play, and actually translate the mechanics from the PS1 titles to the handheld pretty well.
Definitely hope they do a second pass. The recent comments of Ninendo saying "they hear us" for character requests is obviously just PR, but it'd be neat if they did a popular DLC season based on another ballot.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Anything Castlevania would be super hype.... if not.. something from a franchise that havent had a remix yet? (Xenoblade, starfox, earthbound)

Another DK remix would always be dope.

Music day is best day.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Definitely hope they do a second pass. The recent comments of Ninendo saying "they hear us" for character requests is obviously just PR, but it'd be neat if they did a popular DLC season based on another ballot.
I'd hate the idea of a second ballot, but even objectively speaking, it's unlikely. It would make the DLC period a lot longer when this time they seem to try and make it more manageable.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'd hate the idea of a second ballot, but even objectively speaking, it's unlikely. It would make the DLC period a lot longer when this time they seem to try and make it more manageable.
True, theyd possibly use the first ballot anyway, if it happened. Perhaps they are using it now for this pass.

osby

Smash Obsessed
True, theyd possibly use the first ballot anyway, if it happened. Perhaps they are using it now for this pass.
Maybe. I wouldn't object them ignoring it. It was a few years ago, it didn't have the greatest number of votes (and a lot of people at least double voted) and we already got fighters thanks to it.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm still crying with joy over that Guile's theme remix

Give me a remix of Dribble and Spitz' theme from the first game
I'd love to have stuff from WarioWare Gold (game may have been too late for remixes, but not for stuff ripped straight from it). Like Introducing Wario Deluxe. Or even the main menu music. It's always a good sign when a game's menu has 10/10 music.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think K. Rool and the cut vets were the last of the ballot's effects on the roster.

I won't rule out the possibility of Nintendo using the ballot, but the more likely scenario in my mind is Nintendo choosing the characters they want and the ballot's results not having any influence.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ganondorfstrangearea.jpg

So I don't think anyone has pointed this out but ganondorf is in a strange area. There is a lot of rubble and area is encircled by fire. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we have seen a stage like that before. Could mean it is a boss area.

D

Deleted member

17 DAYYYYYS
MY GOD IT'S ALMOST HERE
AHHHH! :)

SORRY

D

Deleted member

View attachment 178726
So I don't think anyone has pointed this out but ganondorf is in a strange area. There is a lot of rubble and area is encircled by fire. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we have seen a stage like that before. Could mean it is a boss area.
The place reminds me of Spear Pillar a bit (of course, in Diamond/Pearl and not the Smash version). Or maybe it is something from Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So today's likely one of those music days? Honestly I'm too fixed on wishing for at least one new Kid Icarus song, but I'm growing to think it won't ever happen.
Sigh, won't be surprised if it's Fire Emblem or Splatoon again...

Also idk if I'm late, but GameXplain showed off JP's overview trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4J7j3dxBwA

The only thing new I found was at 2:58, with Roy's Classic mode Boss is Master Hand, I think. Everything else seems to be stuff we already know.

EDIT: Actually I think I am late...

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Kinda the same stuff. Unfortunate that a series with such good music isn't delved into more for its tracks because they overlook titles like Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic Rush
The problem with Sonic music is that Sega doesn’t own the rights to some of the series’ music tracks.

For instance, there was an issue with using music written by Masato Nakamura ( who wrote the music for Sonic 1&2 ) for Sonic 3 and Sonic Spinball because Dreams Come True owns the rights and not Sega themselves which is, most likely, the reason why all music from Sonic 1&2 besides Green Hill Zone were removed in Smash For.

Check out this thread on Sonic Retro about Sega music copyright and how they basically don’t own the rights to certain Sonic music. If this wasn’t an issue I’m convinced Sonic would have probably as many tracks as Castlevania.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The place reminds me of Spear Pillar a bit (of course, in Diamond/Pearl and not the Smash version). Or maybe it is something from Fire Emblem or Kid Icarus?

It reminded me Unova Pokemon League. Reshiram can set the stage on fire, right?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
View attachment 178726
This looks suspiciously like the end battle of Ocarina vs. Ganon: in the crater of a crumbled tower surroinded by flames...

D

Deleted member

It reminded me Unova Pokemon League. Reshiram can set the stage on fire, right?
True too.
But i don’t remember it with this amount of fire, and we could probably see the League itself in the picture if that was the case.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
View attachment 178726
This reminds me a lot of the Final Destination/Omega form of Temple. But it’s on fire, so I think this is teasing a Beast Ganon boss fight similar to Giga Bowser, where you KO Ganondorf on normal omega temple and than have to beat Ganon on the fiery temple.

EDIT: Since Ganon is on the stage tho, the stage is probably just on fire the whole way through.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This reminds me a lot of the Final Destination/Omega form of Temple. But it’s on fire, so I think this is teasing a Beast Ganon boss fight similar to Giga Bowser, where you KO Ganondorf on normal omega temple and than have to beat Ganon on the fiery temple.
That would be cool to have.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Of the 20 years Spyro has been around, 16 of those have had him on Nintendo systems with every game except the recent remake (of which, a Switch port is in the pipeline reportedly) making an appearance. Similarly for Crash, every game since Huge Adventure aside from Twinsanity and the mobile games has had him on Nintendo systems. Both have also had at least three exclusive titles to Nintendo thanks to their portable entries.

Of all the problems those two could have in becoming Smash characters, a lack of Nintendo history isn't one of them.

D

Deleted member

Of the 20 years Spyro has been around, 16 of those have had him on Nintendo systems with every game except the recent remake (of which, a Switch port is in the pipeline reportedly) making an appearance. Similarly for Crash, every game since Huge Adventure aside from Twinsanity and the mobile games has had him on Nintendo systems. Both have also had at least three exclusive titles to Nintendo thanks to their portable entries.

Of all the problems those two could have in becoming Smash characters, a lack of Nintendo history isn't one of them.
The portable games can be cool too.
Mostly N-Tranced, XS and Titans for DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom