• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I disagree that fans would be happy with "literally any Zelda character". And it wouldn't be an argument if it was. The fans would be happy with all kinds of stupid ideas.

And being the next most recurring character doesn't mean anything if it's not a popular character. Like Leif for example.
I said most fans, you must not be one of them :p Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "literally", but obviously I don't mean it as literally anyone, including someone like Beedle. I mean of reasonable/popular characters like Tetra, Skull Kid, Midna, maybe a champion, etc.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Where's my man SaturnGamer, I think that was his name, when you need him?
:cool:

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I think you've gotten that backwards. Toon Zelda and Tetra have actually been a big part of the Zelda games in recent years.
  • Phantom Hourglass
  • Spirit Tracks
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
  • Wind Waker HD
  • Hyrule Warriors/Legends
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
King K. Rool has yet to make any appearances since 2008. Zelda plays just as important as a role in the Toon games as she does in any game. She's definitely not a "Dark Samus" or "Krystal" type character and neither is Tetra.
The Toon Zelda idea is a bit of a difficult one for me to gauge the importance of, because it's still just Zelda, even if she's stylized and a child. I could understand Sakurai when he said that a child Link was important to have in the game as you so often play as him, and in that way Toon Link represents far more than just Wind Waker and its spin offs, but I don't think a child Zelda carries the same weight. That's just a personal opinion though, this whole Zelda debate is obviously a very subjective debate because there isn't one clear standout, for me it's Skull Kid, for you it's Toon Zelda, for others its Impa or Midna, and I'm sure there's even the odd Ghirahim fan out there, so there's not really a conclusion to be found in all of this, it's very deeply rooted in each individual's own experiences with the games.

kylexv

Smash Master
All this arguing over Zelda characters is making my head hurt. Only Sakurai and the development team know what a new Zelda character would be, if there is one.

Then again, when all you have for a month is a 45 second teaser trailer and an announcement for an invitational, there's only so much you can talk about.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Sheik and Impa are the same height and the Light Arrow is not an ability exclusive to Zelda. Even Link can use it.
They are not the same height, and Dark Pit could use the 3 Sacred Treasures if he wanted to, but he doesn't in Smash, likely because he never actually used them in Uprising.

There is really no reason to make her a costume of Sheik rather than a clone or a unique character.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
The Toon Zelda idea is a bit of a difficult one for me to gauge the importance of, because it's still just Zelda, even if she's stylized and a child. I could understand Sakurai when he said that a child Link was important to have in the game as you so often play as him, and in that way Toon Link represents far more than just Wind Waker and its spin offs, but I don't think a child Zelda carries the same weight. That's just a personal opinion though, this whole Zelda debate is obviously a very subjective debate because there isn't one clear standout, for me it's Skull Kid, for you it's Toon Zelda, for others its Impa or Midna, and I'm sure there's even the odd Ghirahim fan out there, so there's not really a conclusion to be found in all of this, it's very deeply rooted in each individual's own experiences with the games.
I was referring to this version of Toon Zelda
upload_2018-4-6_15-28-17.jpeg

I just assumed you knew because I was talking about a few pages back. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf are the sole cast members of the universe. So it only makes sense to have characters that are as important and prevalent in the series as they are. And seeing as Toon Zelda, Sheik, and Tetra share neither the same name or abilities and aren't the same people, they qualify just as much as any other character who would be a different person.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
All this arguing over Zelda characters is making my head hurt. Only Sakurai and the development team know what a new Zelda character would be, if there is one.

Then again, when all you have for a month is a 45 second teaser trailer and an announcement for an invitational, there's only so much you can talk about.
At least the conversation isn't getting terribly hostile. I understand not wanting to read the same conversation for page after page, but the purpose of the discussion is to see everyone's opinions and discuss why we agree/disagree.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I want a Toon Zelda clone.

Mostly because Toon Link is better than Link, so it stands to reason Toon Zelda would be better than Zelda, and Zelda is kinda one of the worst characters in the game.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
We've gotten clones in ever Smash game, so if that trend continues I think Toon Zelda has a pretty good chance of being one of them.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Some new, more robust selections of character alts would be awesome. Like Ken over Ryu with his own voice clips but no gameplay changes.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Some new, more robust selections of character alts would be awesome. Like Ken over Ryu with his own voice clips but no gameplay changes.
That's one of my most anticipated features for this game, honestly. I get that each character has real differences in their source game, but if they're close enough, I'd love to see alt costumes like Alph.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We've gotten clones in ever Smash game, so if that trend continues I think Toon Zelda has a pretty good chance of being one of them.
It depends. The rules change all the time. Lucina and Dark Pit weren't even originally intended to be newcomers so there were no clone newcomers when the roster was originally decided.

Toon Zelda is an unusual case when it comes to this as her ST incarnation is the most iconic one and is a very appealing option when it comes to newcomers. If Sakurai goes with Toon Zelda it will likely be because of this. Otherwise she would probably be a last minute addition.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
They have been before.
View attachment 140757
Does anyone have a comparison between their models in OOT?
Someone putting two pieces of artwork together like that really doesn't make for an accurate size comparison.

I umm, don't know how to properly post images here, but size comparison between them in HW is here http://operationrainfall.com/2014/10/03/review-hyrule-warriors/2/ The height difference is about the same as Marth and Lucina.

Even if they were the exact same height they still have enough differences to warrant them being a clone at the very least.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
To be honest, I think there are some pretty cool ideas for Zelda newcomers. However, I would be fine without them. I have a feeling the series is going to get a mini-overhaul, with Link and Zelda getting potentially some moveset changes along with a change in appearance.

Toon Link won’t be cut anytime soon because Sakurai views him as a necessary component to the series in general, and I have to agree with him to be honest.

Sheik is in because of her Smash Bros history at this point, and I highly doubt that anybody in the roster who’s been in for 3 games is going anywhere to be quite honest.
—-
On a separate note, I find it interesting that everybody insists on all these new games getting a character. Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey are the two prime examples.

Why does each game need a new character? I would like that explained to me, because to be completely honest i’m struggling to find a reason for that to be the case. Both games are successful, yes, but there are other ways to show those games love. I can already visualize a stage from BOTW, or a stage where we take a trip on the Odyssey to each new world from the game.

Shoehorning a moveset for Pauline is a mistake, and frankly seems like a silly idea. The only reason anybody wants Pauline or the Champions is because “muh rep” of the game. That, in itself, is not a good idea for a game that already has a wide selection of main characters.

Rosalina was picked because of the puppeteer idea. Pauline doesn’t really have that.

With the Champions, what makes one get picked over another? I’m not so sure, but I can definitely see their spirit power make their way into a reinvigorated moveset for Zelda in place of Din, Nayru, and Farore. I like all four of them, but I don’t know that any of the four should be playable.

There’s a difference between wanting a character for who they are, and wanting a character because they’re in a new game. Who they are and what they can do is what will get them in over other choices.

I for one always liked the idea of Tetra, but i’ve never liked the idea of getting Classic Ganon. At least i’ve never seen the reason to add another version of Ganon. But again, that’s just me.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I basically stopped posting once Roy was confirmed for Smash 4 back in June 2015 (I made only a few posts since then, only one in 2016, and none in 2017).

I intended for Smash 4 to be the final game in the series I would do any speculation for. I have lost nearly all of my interest in speculation and anticipation for future Smash Bros. titles. Nearly every character I wanted in has gotten in, and the few left that I care for, have sub-50% prospect of getting in at this point (most notably and unfortunately, Ridley).

However, due to this Smash Bros. installment having a very small speculation window from its unveil (Brawl's unveil to release date was 1 year and nearly nine months, Smash 4 was a year and three months, and assuming Smash Switch does release in December 2018 at the latest, it will be only nine months). At this point (ignoring how long the DLC period is, assuming there is DLC), there are only eight months of speculation left.

I have been out of the loop for nearly three years now. However, there are a few that wish for me to come back and do some more analyses for this upcoming Smash Bros. Truth be told, I am not anticipating this Smash Bros. game like I did the previous four titles. There has been an interest for me to do a reprise of my ULTIMATE character analysis topic that I did for Brawl and Smash 4. I will do as much.

There are 23 series now do analyses for (Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Mother, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Wario, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Animal Crosssing, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Mii, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Retro, New Series, and Third Party), so it will take a lot of time to get everything done (I did not even finish the analyses for Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and New Series for Smash 4 due to how much more busy I was). However, I plan to get out one new series analysis every week (which will give me the pacing necessary to gradually chip away at the meatier and more time consuming series to properly analyze).

I did not plan on returning, and in many ways, my return is like that of a phantom. I do not intend to be at the forefront of speculation this time around, and there are many others who have taken up that baton. Like Miyamoto's suggestion to Itoi for the re-start of Mother 3's development, my place on the speculation scene will be that of a small play. I hope that through me publishing yet another iteration of my analysis topic that it gives the speculation scene a sense of continuity and history (my first detailed analyses were made over a decade ago).

I hope that my analyses offer some sober and detailed insight into the prospects of characters many cherish and desire to make either a reprisal or a grand debut in what is likely to be the biggest Nintendo release of the year. I also appreciate if any of you would help provide materials such as polls or particular official developer statements regarding contenders for Smash Bros. for the Switch (Smash 5... or Smash 6?). I will post a list of "contenders" (characters with at least a 25% prospect of being in the next Smash Bros. according to my own personal assessments) either later tonight or tomorrow. Please feel free to to PM me with any materials or links that you feel would be integral to a character's analysis and overall assessment.

It is my hope and ambition to have most of my analyses done months before the next game's release, and updating analyses as new information comes accordingly.

I might drop in a few threads to put my two cents in. It was really the fact that Smash 5/6 ended up happening so soon after the end of Smash 4 DLC (two years after Bayonetta and Corrin were released), and that there is still some interest in my work that I returned to do analysis for this game in the series. Had the next Smash Bros. title had the same break between announcements as Brawl and Smash 4 had (Brawl was announced when Melee was 4.5 years old, and Smash 4 when Brawl was 5.5 years old), I would likely have not even had interest to do a reprisal of the ULTIMATE analysis topic.

Regardless, I hope I can offer some interesting insight and have a different presence this time around than I did when I speculated for Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. I hope I can offer encouragement to other speculators and the fans of particular characters as well, and I see a lot of good work with the next generation of speculators during the twilight of Smash 4 (such as PushDustin's website). It is good to be back.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I agree that clones will surely happen. I don't think Zelda is likely at all though. Her prime was during Brawl and she almost made it, but since then shes been less significant to the series as a whole.

New clones I'd expect:

Isabelle clone of Villager
Ribbon Girl clone of Springman
Alph getting his own slot. Other captains as alts.
Potential FE 16 clone alongside the main lord.
Black Shadow taking Ganondorfs moveset (Would love this to happen but unlikely)
Impa either as a Sheik clone or taking Sheiks place entirely.
Maybe a Funky Kong clone or alt but seems very unlikely

Springtron over Springman as an alt
Toadette over Toad as an alt
Dry Bowser over Bowser as an Alt
Ninten over Ness as an Alt

I'm not going to touch or expect 3rd party alts or clones (Like Ken)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I basically stopped posting once Roy was confirmed for Smash 4 back in June 2015 (I made only a few posts since then, only one in 2016, and none in 2017).

I intended for Smash 4 to be the final game in the series I would do any speculation for. I have lost nearly all of my interest in speculation and anticipation for future Smash Bros. titles. Nearly every character I wanted in has gotten in, and the few left that I care for, have sub-50% prospect of getting in at this point (most notably and unfortunately, Ridley).

However, due to this Smash Bros. installment having a very small speculation window from its unveil (Brawl's unveil to release date was 1 year and nearly nine months, Smash 4 was a year and three months, and assuming Smash Switch does release in December 2018 at the latest, it will be only nine months). At this point (ignoring how long the DLC period is, assuming there is DLC), there are only eight months of speculation left.

I have been out of the loop for nearly three years now. However, there are a few that wish for me to come back and do some more analyses for this upcoming Smash Bros. Truth be told, I am not anticipating this Smash Bros. game like I did the previous four titles. There has been an interest for me to do a reprise of my ULTIMATE character analysis topic that I did for Brawl and Smash 4. I will do as much.

There are 23 series now do analyses for (Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Yoshi, Kirby, Star Fox, Pokemon, Mother, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, Wario, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Animal Crosssing, Wii Fit, Punch-Out, Mii, Xenoblade, Splatoon, Retro, New Series, and Third Party), so it will take a lot of time to get everything done (I did not even finish the analyses for Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and New Series for Smash 4 due to how much more busy I was). However, I plan to get out one new series analysis every week (which will give me the pacing necessary to gradually chip away at the meatier and more time consuming series to properly analyze).

I did not plan on returning, and in many ways, my return is like that of a phantom. I do not intend to be at the forefront of speculation this time around, and there are many others who have taken up that baton. Like Miyamoto's suggestion to Itoi for the re-start of Mother 3's development, my place on the speculation scene will be that of a small play. I hope that through me publishing yet another iteration of my analysis topic that it gives the speculation scene a sense of continuity and history (my first detailed analyses were made over a decade ago).

I hope that my analyses offer some sober and detailed insight into the prospects of characters many cherish and desire to make either a reprisal or a grand debut in what is likely to be the biggest Nintendo release of the year. I also appreciate if any of you would help provide materials such as polls or particular official developer statements regarding contenders for Smash Bros. for the Switch (Smash 5... or Smash 6?). I will post a list of "contenders" (characters with at least a 25% prospect of being in the next Smash Bros. according to my own personal assessments) either later tonight or tomorrow. Please feel free to to PM me with any materials or links that you feel would be integral to a character's analysis and overall assessment.

It is my hope and ambition to have most of my analyses done months before the next game's release, and updating analyses as new information comes accordingly.

I might drop in a few threads to put my two cents in. It was really the fact that Smash 5/6 ended up happening so soon after the end of Smash 4 DLC (two years after Bayonetta and Corrin were released), and that there is still some interest in my work that I returned to do analysis for this game in the series. Had the next Smash Bros. title had the same break between announcements as Brawl and Smash 4 had (Brawl was announced when Melee was 4.5 years old, and Smash 4 when Brawl was 5.5 years old), I would likely have not even had interest to do a reprisal of the ULTIMATE analysis topic.

Regardless, I hope I can offer some interesting insight and have a different presence this time around than I did when I speculated for Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4. I hope I can offer encouragement to other speculators and the fans of particular characters as well, and I see a lot of good work with the next generation of speculators during the twilight of Smash 4 (such as PushDustin's website). It is good to be back.
Hey, Chrono, I'm surprised to see you back! It's been a long time.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Someone putting two pieces of artwork together like that really doesn't make for an accurate size comparison.

I umm, don't know how to properly post images here, but size comparison between them in HW is here http://operationrainfall.com/2014/10/03/review-hyrule-warriors/2/ The height difference is about the same as Marth and Lucina.

Even if they were the exact same height they still have enough differences to warrant them being a clone at the very least.

Impa is an adult woman and Sheik is still a teenager. It's basic character design 101: taller characters are immediately read as more mature and powerful. Without knowing anything else about their characters, you'd still recognize Impa as the one with more experience.

EDIT: Also, a fun bit of OoT trivia. Impa is actually taller than Darunia. Impa is one of the first adult characters you meet in the game, and they made her really tall and imposing on purpose. The game struggles to even get Impa and Young Link in the same shot together, their height difference is so great. You're meant to feel like this tiny child in way over his head. By the time you meet Darunia, you've done some exploring, you've climbed a Volcano, you've probably gone back and conquered the Lost Woods. You're starting to feel confident. And so the height difference between Young Link and Darunia is less pronounced, the game camera is pulled back a bit more and more easily fits both characters in the same shot. You're starting to come into your own as a hero.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
or the Champions is because “muh rep” of the game.
As someone who supports a champion, I certainly disagree that "muh reps" is the reason. BotW was very successful, but I didn't even enjoy the game too much. I support Mipha because I like Zoras, she can bring a new weapon type to the game, and her overall design is very pleasing to me. Plus she has a special connection to Link in the game, making her a more interesting character to me. It has nothing to do with the fact that she'd represent Breath of the Wild in some way.

Overall I agree with your post, though. Not every game NEEDS a character, and it'd be tough to choose one champion over the other. And Pauline would definitely be a mistake imo. But as far as the Champions go, they all have very distinct and enjoyable personalities and have plenty of reasons to like them as characters. Heck, the second DLC for BotW was focused on the Champions themselves, even being titled "The Champions Ballad", and it fleshed them out as characters more than the base game already did.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
If any champion should get in its urbosa
She’s arguably the most popular, has a schmitar/electric powers, and is a dark skinned powerful woman, something smash bros severely lacks.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Shoehorning a moveset for Pauline is a mistake, and frankly seems like a silly idea. The only reason anybody wants Pauline is because “muh rep” of the game. That, in itself, is not a good idea for a game that already has a wide selection of main characters.

Rosalina was picked because of the puppeteer idea. Pauline doesn’t really have that.
I want Pauline because she's Pauline, I don't care about "reps" (I'm vehemently against the idea of shoving a character in because their series "deserves more reps"). I care because she's been around since the beginning, was neglected for far too long, and has finally made a comeback that made her even more appealing as a character to me.

And how would shoehorning a moveset on Pauline be any different than shoehorning one onto Rosalina? She sure as hell never puppeteered Lumas in Galaxy. It's so easy to say how great of an idea it was thanks to hindsight, but people pegged her as space Peach before she got into Smash. All the more reason for Sakurai to get creative with Pauline.

She might not have any Lumas lying around, but she could easily be the first musically inclined fighter.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
If any champion should get in its urbosa
She’s arguably the most popular, has a schmitar/electric powers, and is a dark skinned powerful woman, something smash bros severely lacks.
Adding a character to meet Western social standards isn't going to happen, especially knowing how culture is in Japan. And "arguably most popular" is pretty subjective. I've seen fairly equal numbers of fans of each champion other than poor Daruk, and even he has a fair number of fans.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Adding a character to meet social norms isn't going to happen, especially knowing how culture is in Japan. And arguably most popular is pretty subjective. I've seen fairly equal numbers of fans of each champion other than poor Daruk, and even he has a fair number of fans.
I think Nintendo has gotten better in regards to that in recent years (Elma,Twintelle) so I wouldn’t rule it out

Revali is basically Falco and Mipha is popular as well but her champion ability would be hard to incorporate into a moveset

D

Deleted member

Oh man, it's good to see you again.

Im looking foward to those character analysis (analysises? analisies?......) of yours.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think Nintendo has gotten better in regards to that in recent years (Elma,Twintelle) so I wouldn’t rule it out

Revali is basically Falco and Mipha is popular as well but her champion ability would be hard to incorporate into a moveset
I think Mipha's Grace would be pretty easy to implement. I've taken the time to write up a moveset for her though.

I'm not saying that Nintendo hasn't gotten better about it, but that doesn't mean that a character will become playable in Smash over it. A champion is most likely not happening, and if it happens, a prediction is a coin flip at best.

Last edited:

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
This would never happen but what about a rep each of races in hyrule? Based on their most popular member Princess Ruto (Zora), Urbosa (Gerudo), Medli (Rito), etc

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Meh I dunno about the champions tbh. They just seem like one and done characters for the Zelda franchise.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This is getting a little Hyrule Warriors here.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last poll was E-123 Omega. Rouge and Big ties evenly while Cream did the worst of the four.

Next is a Sonic poll focusing on the core members of the Chaotix. Your choices are Vector, Charmy, Espio, and Mighty the Armadillo.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Meh I dunno about the champions tbh. They just seem like one and done characters for the Zelda franchise.
I mean they likely are, just like (almost) every Zelda character. Still, as a group they were extremely well received. They're just this game's Ghirahim/Midna, and even though I know that, I'm going to talk about and support them anyways because crazier things have happened :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I think Mipha's Grace would be pretty easy to implement. I've taken the time to write up a moveset for her though.

I'm not saying that Nintendo hasn't gotten better about it, but that doesn't mean that a character will become playable in Smash over it. A champion is most likely not happening, and if it happens, a prediction is a coin flip at best.
The Champions are most likely going to be Zelda's Moveset in place of Nayru, Din, and Farore.

B: Daruk's Protection
B >: Urbosa's Fury
B ^: Revali's Gale
B v: Mipha's Grace

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Great to see you back, it's always good to have some of the community's most respected members around, even if briefly.

As far as material for speculation goes I'd suggest Source Gaming, which is PushDustin's website that you mentioned, they have done a lot of translations of various Sakurai interviews and articles between Smash 4's final DLC and now which has provided a lot of food for thought, and some of them they've also compiled into articles or discussion videos. There's a lot of it that's relevant, so I'd suggest just scrolling through it yourself rather than me picking out a few articles.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
The Champions are most likely going to be Zelda's Moveset in place of Nayru, Din, and Farore.

B: Daruk's Protection
B >: Urbosa's Fury
B ^: Revali's Gale
B v: Mipha's Grace
I recognize the possibility, but I still don't like it. Zelda is still associated with the goddesses in BotW, even if she gets the BotW redesign, I'd like her to keep her goddess powers.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
At least Tetra, Midna, Skull Kid and Ghirahim were main characters of their respective titles with substantial screentime and impact on the plot.

I don't necessarily like using ports as "evidence" for characters, but when the ports sell better than most original titles on the system, I think it says something. WW HD sold 2 million copies, TP HD sold 1.2 Million, and MM 3D sold almost 3 million. If the characters were passed over for fear of being one-notes that would eventually fade into obscurity, they've all proven to have lasting longevity now. Hyrule Warriors only showed that more with how well the fans responded to them all being playable.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
At least Tetra, Midna, Skull Kid and Ghirahim were main characters of their respective titles with substantial screentime and impact on the plot.

I don't necessarily like using ports as "evidence" for characters, but when the ports sell better than most original titles on the system, I think it says something. WW HD sold 2 million copies, TP HD sold 1.2 Million, and MM 3D sold almost 3 million. If the characters were passed over for fear of being one-notes that would eventually fade into obscurity, they've all proven to have lasting longevity now. Hyrule Warriors only showed that more with how well the fans responded to them all being playable.
I mean I'm totally down for Tetra, Midna, Skull Kid, and Ghirahim. I think the unfortunate part about the positive reception of those characters being playable in HW is that they were all there in equal capacity, so it doesn't make it any easier to pick which one. It's great evidence to Sakurai that people will be happy with those characters regardless of their one-off status in the Zelda universe, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom