• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I kind of want to do an eight-player CPU smash with 2 Marths, 2 Lucinas, 2 Roys, and 2 Chroms, just to see if I can spot the differences. And for the lols

Iridium

Smash Hero
Best reason I can think of are his buffs and illiteracy. Other than Earth, only notable player I can think of who’ll use Pit/Dark Pit (even if he’s a sub main) is Nairo, which is good. If Plup decides to play Ultimate I could see him using Pit aswell

Like Captain America once said

You Two...damn y’all made me feel how you two feel whenever looking at that avatar from @Zinith (what a great way to wake up)
Well, there's also KiraFlax and Kswz from SoCal, but I can't say much for if they will go through. Both Kuro and Paseriman from Japan used to play him/Dark Pit as well, and there's Len from Canada.

Here's to hoping his playerbase isn't so horrendously pitiful. Seriously, his results in Smash 4, according to Das Koopa Das Koopa , are literally bottom 5 now.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy here who would willingly reduce the FE line up of characters from 7 characters to 2 characters.

This isn't a meme. I'm being dead serious when I say this.
Thankfully, you're not in charge of anything.

D

Deleted member

>Has one of the biggest number of fighters in Ultimate.
>Not a single one of them is a villain

osby

Smash Obsessed
I am on team "Fire Emblem has too many characters but I don't mind"

Yeah, but you can just pretend Mewtwo is a villain, like Melee did.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So I see everyone talking about who they're most excited for of the newcomers, but I was curious who you're least excited for? For me, it would be :ultkrool:, simply because I don't like his design and because I've never been a fan of the DK series. I've never really liked the games or the characters

Edit: I hope this isn't considered flaming or trolling
Least Favorite Unique: a tie between :ultsimon: and :ultincineroar:
Least Favorite Echo: :ultchrom:

It's the third eye of enlightenment. Though, it's not supposed to be on the back of her head...
Honestly, when you accept Sega won’t let Sonic change colors and focus on his gear changing...he’s got some good alts (especially the light blue alt)
Well, there's also KiraFlax and Kswz from SoCal, but I can't say much for if they will go through. Both Kuro and Paseriman from Japan used to play him/Dark Pit as well, and there's Len from Canada.

Here's to hoping his playerbase isn't so horrendously pitiful. Seriously, his results in Smash 4, according to Das Koopa Das Koopa , are literally bottom 5 now.
Not even gonna be surprised by that. Pit, the most balanced and fair character in Smash 4, having bottom 5 results due to people loving yet also hating jack characters for easy victory and money...Ultimate and Sakurai gotta make sure that’s fixed up
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley::4villagerf::ultvillager::ultwolf::ultyoshi::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

D

Deleted member

I am on team "Fire Emblem has too many characters but I don't mind"

Yeah, but you can just pretend Mewtwo is a villain, like Melee did.
Greninja and Incineroar are villains because they are evil type.

D

Deleted member

Thankfully, you're not in charge of anything.
Oof. So much for a Smash game that has Impa, Skull Kid, Sylux, Rex & Pyra, Bandana Waddle Dee, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Chourus Kids, Dante, Shadow, Kazuma Kiryu, Joker, Flynn, Erdrick, Sora, Raiden, Soma Cruz, Bill Rizier, Lance Bean, Ryu Hayabusa, Dovakiin, and Doomguy :p.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Least Favorite Unique: a tie between :ultsimon: and :ultincineroar:
Least Favorite Echo: :ultchrom:

Honestly, when you accept Sega won’t let Sonic change colors and focus on his gear changing...he’s got some good alts (especially the light blue alt)

Not even gonna be surprised by that. Pit, the most balanced and fair character in Smash 4, having bottom 5 results due to people loving yet also hating jack characters for easy victory and money...Ultimate and Sakurai gotta make sure that’s fixed up

:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultridley::4villagerf::ultvillager::ultwolf::ultyoshi::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
I talk about Fire Emblem
We can’t play as a Fire Emblem villain in Ultimate

D

Deleted member

Oof. So much for a Smash game that has Impa, Skull Kid, Sylux, Rex & Pyra, Bandana Waddle Dee, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Chourus Kids, Dante, Shadow, Kazuma Kiryu, Joker, Flynn, Raiden, Soma Cruz, Bill Rizier, Lance Bean, Ryu Hayabusa, Dovakiin, and Doomguy :p.
Does Isaac have his beard? If not, no deal.

:4pacman:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well, FE is popular. Won't deny that. Honestly, it is bias from my part. Fire Emblem eats flaming dumpster garbage for all I care, and it just so happens to have the third largest cast in Smash. You ask me, FE's characters are just more expendable compared to other series.

Might get called petty for this, but it's how I feel.
That's fair. DK is my least favorite series in Smash and I don't want any new characters from DK, (but as well known as it is, I think it makes sense to have more DK characters)

D

Deleted member

That's fair. DK is my least favorite series in Smash and I don't want any new characters from DK, (but as well known as it is, I think it makes sense to have more DK characters)
My problem with the Fire Emblem stuff in Smash is the lack of villains.
That thing would make me feel even better towards the number of fighters from that franchise.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My problem with the Fire Emblem stuff in Smash is the lack of villains.
That thing would make me feel even better towards the number of fighters from that franchise.
This feels like you want a quota.

Like, you can't even name one.

D

Deleted member

>First we got Cloud.
>Now Ligthning.
>Both names relate to storms.
>Two members of the Fantastic Four can be called as the Storm brothers (Johny and Susan Storm).

C1AEBFB4-2829-47FC-B8B0-842CAB85139A.jpeg

This feels like you want a quota.

Like, you can't even name one.
I have a bias for villains, so of course i would ask for more.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think Bayonetta will be the last character revealed on the blog. That way, they can say 'she won the Ballot' again.

NineS

Smash Lord
If Lightning was the Square rep, I wouldn't be mad.
In fact, I'd be kinda hyped.

I mean, come on. She's practically an actual celebrity.
She's worked with Fashionable people to have their work shown off in commercials.

And even car companies:
She might be the only literal celeb to get into Smash.
Aside from, you know, Hatsune Miku on the off chance that she actually does somehow get in (Which I don't think will happen.)

D

Deleted member

Well, nice to know that a lot of people here don't approve of my character ideas lol
I dunno about that design though. I feel like they'd go with her more recognizable SOLDIER look.

View attachment 178155
Lightning as a Cloud Echo confirmed.

EDIT: Damint, :ultgreninja:'d again.

D

Deleted member

You know, Sakurai never said no "Semi-clones".

Granted, I don't think he'd do that. But then Nintendo leaked the final amount of characters via a box, so...
Actually, they could pull another Isabelle if they wanted to do so.
But if we get a more developed moveset, i would find it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom