• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If we're talking least favorite newcomers, :ultchrom: all the freaking way. Should've just added Dixie. Or Impa. Or literally anyone else.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So I see everyone talking about who they're most excited for of the newcomers, but I was curious who you're least excited for? For me, it would be :ultkrool:, simply because I don't like his design and because I've never been a fan of the DK series. I've never really liked the games or the characters

Edit: I hope this isn't considered flaming or trolling
Out of all the uniques, Simon is the one I'm least excited about. It's not because I think he's a bad addition or anything, but he's the only unique character whose game I've never played. Just don't have a connection with him.

With Echoes, it's easily Chrom. Glad FE fans got what they wanted, but that's honestly his only purpose in Smash - to appeal to those supporters who got burned by Robin/Lucina. We already have three characters with similar movesets, and his addition to the roster does little to adding diversity. Probably wouldn't dislike him as much if he were modeled more after Ike than Roy.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Looking at the comments on that video which shown the colors palettes, I do feel a little bad about the people who miss Fire Mario and Black Yoshi. They could have done away with Mario's blue and pink one instead since Wario already has that color too but I'm not sure what color Crafted Yoshi should have replaced, maybe Zinith Zinith could make a suggestion on that. Too bad they had to limit the amount of colors for everyone but of course there's always limitations.

Also I always loved using Diddy's pink costume but some people on think that color palette killed Dixie's chance, they kinda making me feel bad about liking it despite that how I fully support her that but I don't believe that color palettes disconfirm characters since Fox still has a Wolf costume sorta(plus I rather have a character be reference than forgotten about) and I always loved using color palettes based on other characters like Waluigi colored Mario/Luigi and such Speaking of which I love what they did with Shulk's colors giving him different hair color on each one of them. I also love that Lime Villager is black now.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
They don't all apply to me, but the big one's definitely in her voice, and her overly competitive nature (to a lower extent). It may take a while for me to turn around for her, because she used to be one of my favorites, if I remember correctly.
I love her voice, but that's just me

D

Deleted member

Conversely, I'm ecstatic to play as :ultsimon:, :ultridley:, and :ultincineroar:. I'm actually suprised I ended up liking :ultincineroar: a lot. He was the Pokemon character I didn't know I wanted until now.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If we're talking least favorite newcomers, :ultchrom: all the freaking way. Should've just added Dixie. Or Impa. Or literally anyone else.
We don't know if they could have make Dixie an echo or if there was enough support for Impa. Not saying you have to like him, but it's not like there were a ton of choices to begin with.

Out of all the uniques, Simon is the one I'm least excited about. It's not because I think he's a bad addition or anything, but he's the only unique character whose game I've never played. Just don't have a connection with him.

With Echoes, it's easily Chrom. Glad FE fans got what they wanted, but that's honestly his only purpose in Smash - to appeal to those supporters who got burned by Robin/Lucina. We already have three characters with similar movesets, and his addition to the roster does little to adding diversity. Probably wouldn't dislike him as much if he were modeled more after Ike than Roy.
But adding an echo wasn't going to add any diversity in the first place. Plus, the things that differentiate Chrom and Roy (balanced sword, up special) already exist in Ike's moveset.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think Sakurai kind of backed himself into a corner when he said that perhaps Chrom may get his chance another day, only to put him in Robin's final smash, like he had no choice but to eventually make him playable after all that stuff in Wii U

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Sakurai kind of backed himself into a corner when he said that perhaps Chrom may get his chance another day, only to put him in Robin's final smash, like he had no choice but to eventually make him playable after all that stuff in Wii U
He said Chrom was a popular request, especially in Japan. That's it.

D

Deleted member

What are the obvious reasons for not liking Daisy? I know a lot of people don't really like her, but I don't really understand why. Is she obnoxious to some people? (I'm very excited for Daisy. I like her more than Peach and have wanted her in since Melee)
Meh.
I prefer Pauline and Captain Syrup more.

They look cooler to me.

And now that i think of it, Pauline could use the Minis and the collectables from the DK arcade trilogy on her moveset.

D

Deleted member

We don't know if they could have make Dixie an echo or if there was enough support for Impa. Not saying you have to like him, but it's not like there were a ton of choices to begin with.

But adding an echo wasn't going to add any diversity in the first place. Plus, the things that differentiate Chrom and Roy (balanced sword, up special) already exist in Ike's moveset.
Well, in that case, remove Chrom completely.
Just have Robin's Final Smash leading the Awakening cast in a charge against opponents. That's an idea.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Chroms probly the one im also least excited for but yeah after smash 4 I'm glad he got in here, but I'd probably rather have had a different echo fighter for a more interesting character personally BUT I totally understand Chroms inclusion after everything at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's kinda petty.

What does those three have anything to do with each other aside from being a part of Mario multiverse?
I like them more than Daisy due to the design and the differences between them and the ones of Peach and Daisy.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Chroms probly the one im also least excited for but yeah after smash 4 I'm glad he got in here, but I'd probably rather have had a different echo fighter of a more interesting character personally BUT I totally understand Chroms inclusion after everything at this point.
Yeah same here. I would've preferred an echo of Robin instead of a "fourth Marth clone"

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm 99 sure Chrom was last minute, considering the Mii costume and Robin's Final Smash are still there

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy here who would willingly reduce the FE line up of characters from 7 characters to 2 characters.

This isn't a meme. I'm being dead serious when I say this.

D

Deleted member

I'm 99 sure Chrom was last minute, considering the Mii costume and Robin's Final Smash are still there
I don’t think they would’ve removed the Mii costume sense we had a few costumes based on playable characters in Smash 4, like the Samus or Falcon costumes.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm pretty sure I'm the only guy here who would willingly reduce the FE line up of characters from 7 characters to 2 characters.

Marth and Ike was the best FE duo.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Nope, I'm pretty sure there are a few dozen people like that just in this thread.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I actually like all the FE characters aside from Corrin (I don't hate Corring, but he's just kinda meh to me). But I have no problem with "anime swordsman". After all, just look at my signature. It has "anime swordsman" written all over it

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair with the Mii costume, there were already several hats based on characters you could already play as in Smash 4's base game. Remember the Meta Knight mask getting revealed before the character?

D

Deleted member

If this game wasn’t about bringing everyone back, we probably would have had 4 FE characters at most. Marth, Ike, and Robin would’ve been in for sure, Corrin and Lucina could go either way, and Roy probably would’ve been out.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We've had three games where Sakurai managed to save a FE character by copy-and-pasting Marth's generic swordfighter moveset. If we already had two alternates to Marth in Smash 4, why spend time on Chrom when you could work on an Echo for a character who doesn't have any similar characters on the roster? In my opinion, time would've been better spent if Sakurai worked on Dixie, Impa, or maybe even Alph instead. Whether they'd bring more hype than Chrom is up for debate, but at least we'd have more variety instead of "Marth alternative #3".

D

Deleted member

I actually like all the FE characters aside from Corrin (I don't hate Corring, but he's just kinda meh to me). But I have no problem with "anime swordsmen". After all, just look at my signature. It has "anime swordsmen" written all over it
I don't have a problem with sword characters either.

I just have a problem with FE sword characters.
Might be famous last words right there.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
But I'm like the textbook definition of a vocal minority. I'm VERY vocal for Boshi and not very many people want him :yoshi:
Boshi could be great as an altskin. For example, instead of this dumb crafted world yoshi skin that will put confusion in match with the normal yoshi...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, if more top players had more of a reason to pick him...aside from Earth.
I do, but I'm not sure about them. To be honest, I haven't seen much top :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario: gameplay, really, but I guess I'll stick with what I can watch.
Best reason I can think of are his buffs and illiteracy. Other than Earth, only notable player I can think of who’ll use Pit/Dark Pit (even if he’s a sub main) is Nairo, which is good. If Plup decides to play Ultimate I could see him using Pit aswell
Patience, my ally.
Like Captain America once said
That's a...unique avatar...
look honestly it's less unsettling than Zinith's ill take it
your profile picture makes me turn on my hall light before I go to sleep
I look at Zin's avatar and feel the need to go to Church.
You Two...damn y’all made me feel how you two feel whenever looking at that avatar from Zinith Zinith (what a great way to wake up)

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

Is it because there are too many characters from a series that isn't popular enough to "deserve" seven characters?

D

Deleted member

Nah, this is a perfectly understandable point of view IMO. If you’re not into Fire Emblem, there’s no reason to get excited about them.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I am sad that Fire Mario is gone.
An historic and very iconic alt skin gone for a flavour of the month... what a shame...

Btw I guess there will be alt skins as dlc (free or not, I don't know) because of the absence of this skin, but also "wario" mario, and overall the 2 ridley skins replaced by the two meta ridley skins: they are already ready, why remove them forever after they worked on them? They're so good, too

D

Deleted member

Is it because there are too many characters from a series that isn't popular enough to "deserve" seven characters?
Well, FE is popular. Won't deny that. Honestly, it is bias from my part. Fire Emblem eats flaming dumpster garbage for all I care, and it just so happens to have the third largest cast in Smash. You ask me, FE's characters are just more expendable compared to other series.

Might get called petty for this, but it's how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom