• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You learn that information by Chapter 2 and 3. That's hardly spoilers, especially since there are far more important stuff revealed later.
If it's not being introduced outside the game itself (Trailers, directs etc.)..or you have to play the game in order to know about it...Then yes.. It is....regardless of how quick you will know about it in the game.

Sorry I am picky and bothersome, but it will be better if your spoiler specifies which chapter... Not everyone has finish the game... So you still might spoil me....
Just... Handle spoilers carefully next time please

Or don't even mention spoilers at all because this thread mainly talks about Smash Bros Switch.... but that's just me
Also on a side note, if I cannot talk about anything from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, then there's going to be no point discussing how exactly Rex and Pyra and Mythra would work in Super Smash Bros., since that would involve mentioning miscellaneous information about the game.
You actually can still talk about how Rex Pyra and Mythra works without mentioning spoilers. As long as you know how Blades and Driver work non-spoiler wise, then it's good.
I used to talk about Rex can work a bit like Pokemon trainer, but instead of different pokemons it is Rex have 4 Blades (Pyra/Mythra, Random Blade, Random Blade) to switch with, exception of switching Pyra to Mythra and vice versa, switching t other Blades will require cool down.

And having Core Crystals as a new assist item would be nice too, Core Crystal will obviously give that character well, a Blade, but unlike assist trophies the player can use the Blade's weapon only (can't use specials) and you can use the Blade weapon without a time limit until you get KOed. As to why, you already knew...
By he way kind of like the Flag... resonating Blades will take a bit of time... but shorter time than the Flag.

It's not like Nintendo is exactly subtle about spoilers in Super Smash Bros. to begin with. I mean for pete's sake they flat out spoiled Mechon Fiora and Yaldabaoth. Heck even Mythra is technically a spoiler, yet Nintendo still dropped a trailer about her.
But to be fair, they're trophies... you don't always get them or you are being forced to look at it... I can only defend Xenoblade by the way... so... bear with me.
Mythra... not really .... I sort of knew Mythra alone was only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to spoilers.

Yeah, there's that, but besides Fiora was just a trophy how old was Xenoblade was Shulk was in Smash? That's four years ago... and sorry I am a bit double standard but I already knew Fiora was alive way before I get to that... so it's not like a deal breaker for me.

I also would like to share this pic of many trophy fanarts by gonzarez, which I called "Japanese" Artsiomni... even this pic has some trophies blurred up to prevent spoilers.

Fiora and KOS MOS in Project X Zone 2 though... yeh, I can't defend this lol.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
This was posted before and the user got a warning for posting NSFW without being in a marked spoiler I'm pretty sure :p
Added the NSFW Spoiler warning.
I could understand it somewhat, but this I would classify as mild, but people do have different levels. Better be on the safest side. :)

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Just a reminder:
People don't take me seriously when i say crash has a very high chance of joining smash 5. This is just one of the various pieces of evidence that shows us that he's very likely to make it in.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Lucario was one of Gladion's Pokemon. Even if they didn't give Lucario as much recognition in Sun and Moon (which was kinda needed, since it hogged the spotlight in Gen VI), it's clear Game Freak still wants it to be featured in the base games.

Plus, there's also promotional material and merch for Pokemon. As far as I'm aware, Lucario is still being heavily featured in both.
Gladion's trump card Pokemon, however, was Type: Null, which would later become Silvally. But I think Silvally's best bet at being represented would be the Poke Ball role, since it might be a tedious process to compose a moveset that focuses on the RKS System.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
People don't take me seriously when i say crash has a very high chance of joining smash 5. This is just one of the various pieces of evidence that shows us that he's very likely to make it in.
While that photo itself is not a high confirmation. As that is not a Crash game, it's Skylanders. It was the Nintendo Wii U edition, where DK and Diddy (in some form) was getting his own Skylander figurine thing, same as Bowser? and Crash, and Spyro. At least if I got all details right.

BUT, I do agree with you that Crash Bandicoot is the MOST likely 3rd Party character to appear at this stage.
First of the N.Sane Trilogy coming to Switch is the biggest catch for him to appear.

More evidence of history is the fact that Crash had about 4-6 Nintendo Exclusive games in the past.
He was very popular in Japan, which very few western created mascots are.

Also, he is not a "Sony" character at all, which helps him even further, and makes him a more likelier candidate than Banjo Kazooie, regardless of what Phil Spencer said (twice), because, unlike Banjo, Crash does not have Microsoft, nor Sony to hold him down.

Yes, I'm really supporting Crash, as he, alongside Bomberman and Rayman are indeed my last wanted 3rd Parties (I would be ok with Banjo too of course, and Snake, but I do not active support him)

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't see Lucario going anywhere. That dude is basically the non-Pikachu poster child for Pokemon now.

I don't get why people can't see that. And I had to STRESS to people that Lucario wasn't gonna be removed during 3DS/Wii U's development

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Okay, so I'm gonna try something a little bit different. Let's talk about music. In particular, I'm gonna give you guys a challenge.

And to make it a little interesting, I'm going to give you a game I don't think many of you have played.

Let's imagine, that Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a stage. It can be any location from the game you want but the important thing its that its a stage from that game.

Point is, you are in charge of picking the music tracks for that stage. But there are some requirements...

1. There must be 10 tracks total.
  2. They must all be from Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  3. 3 of them must be remixes of some sort. You will need to specify which ones get the remixes.
  4. EXTRA CREDIT: If you want, you can pick one extra track from a Nintendo series that you don't think will ever get a stage that would fit on the stage.
Now, that's kind of daunting, especially if you don't know Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a nice guy though, so I've compiled several tracks that are prominent in the game and put them in the spoiler below. I've even included links so you can listen to them and small descriptions of when they play.

Be warned, the official names in the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST suck balls.

For example, Tatsu's theme is named "z39b20co13mi01cal09

Still, with my descriptions, you should be able to figure out which tracks are which.

This is the main theme of the game. Theme X is remixed is several tracks.

This is the title theme of the game. As you can tell, it remixed a bit of the Main Theme.

This is the theme of New Los Angles. It's the main town in the game and where most of your non exploration/combat gameplay happens.

This is the theme of the Ma-non Ship. The Ma-non are aliens that are friendly to humans. Eventually more friendly alien species start to live in the ship as its protected.

This is the normal battle theme. It plays whenever a non important battle is happening.

This is the people's favorite. This is the theme of tyrant battles or special optional enemies that are hard to take down. If you played the first Xenoblade Chronicles, you can compare this to You Will Know Our Names.

Of course, such a popular song has an instrumental version included as well.

This is a story important boss battle theme. This will play in boss battles that don't have their own themes.

This is the boss battle theme for sidequests. You'll honestly hear this one a lot more as there are a butt ton of sidequests.

This is the theme for one very important boss fight in the story. Saying who or what it is would be spoilers.

Yes the title is German. And yes those are attempts at German lyrics. This is the music that plays whenever you use Overdrive which is essentially your limit break. Those can last a long time, so the song's length is appropriate.

Yeah an instrumental version exists too. Unlike the Uncontrollable instrumental, this version replaces the vocals with synth. Sounds pretty neat.

This is the final boss theme. Fun Fact, this was played in an early trailer for the game.

This is the theme for Primordia. It's the game's first area and is a grassy but mountainous area.

This is the song that plays whenever you're in a cave or underground. There are a lot of caves.

This is the theme for Noctilum, the game's second area. It's an area that filled with dense rain forests and waterfalls.

This is the theme for the game's third area, Oblivia. It's a dry arid landscape that's mostly rock.

This is the song that plays when you're in Sylvalum, the fourth main area. It's a desert covered in crystals and mountains.

This is the theme for Cauldros. This is the game's final area and it is filled with lava, enemy bases and acid.

This is the theme that plays whenever you're flying in your skell. Skells are the mechas you can pilot in the game.

Tatsu's theme! Cause everyone loves Tatsu, amirite?

Hope you guys like the challenge. If you do, I'm willing to do more in the future, but let's start with this.

Tagging some people I know like Xenoblade Chronicles and people who like video game music.

@Opossum
@theoria
mario123007 mario123007
@Aetheri
@Bebe Mignon
@Venus of the Desert Bloom
@Final Smash Gamer

Have at 'em folks.
Ok, first off... Sawano's music titles don't suck balls.... they are annoying but also pretty mysterious in my opinion...
And also, I will actually mention some music tracks from X that you didn't mention too lol.

We get Xenoblade Medley back then, so I think it would be nice if we have that for X

I think this Medley can have:
Vocal version: Uncontrollable (Remixed)>Black Tar (first phase original)> So Nah So Fern> Wir Fliegen (Rexmixed)
non vocal version: MONO X(Remixed with faster pace)>THEME X (Original)>CODENAME Z (original)>z37b20a13t01t08le(second phase)
So tracks alone:
- THEME X
- Black Tar (1st phase version)
- Black Tar (2nd phase version)
- No.EX01
- CODENAMEZ
- z29ba2t0t1l301e
- MONO X remixed (Faster pace)
- Yakou Mori (This is already somewhat a remix of z5m20i12r04a28)

And extra tidbit... which are not related to your challenge Swamp, but check it out please.
Melancholia is actually a recycle track, it was originated from a Sawano album called musica
Here are other soundracks that are really good in this album:
I would be totally fine if Sawano ditch out some tracks and just put these old tracks in XCX LOL!!!

And this could be a battle theme or Unique Monster theme...

And this should replace New LA day theme, the first phase may sound familiar to those who heard New LA theme:
Sawano... you could have just put this theme in... and everyone will love the New LA theme...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Y'all wanna talk about music. Here's an idea

WHERE'S MY ONE WINGED ANGEL AT DAMMIT

Pakky

Smash Hero
Lucario wasn't gonna be removed during 3DS/Wii U's development
Well of course not, Mega evolution was a huge gameplay thing back then.

Now I'm unsure, we'll have to see what they do with gen 8th.

I still don't think they're going to be 7 or 8 pokemon though

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
People who are seriously doubting Lucario seems to be people who are looking for anything to cut, for the sake of cutting out space for *insert character name here*.

Pakky

Smash Hero
People who are seriously doubting Lucario seems to be people who are looking for anything to cut, for the sake of cutting out space for *insert character name here*.
It could be either :4lucario: or:4greninja:

But keeping them both and adding someone else from gen 8 just seems unlikely to me.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Seems very likely to me. Pokémon is one of the biggest successfull franchises of Nintendo. Same is Smash. Why on earth would they go out of their way to cut out unique additions?

Luminario

Smash Lord
A gen 8 starter gets in and someone gets booted out my money is still on :4lucario: or but less likely if Battle Bond becomes a 'thing' :4greninja: I would like :4jigglypuff: to leave but that's probably not happening
I'd say it's most likely Mewtwo that would once again end up on the chopping block. Twice now it's been shown to be lower priority than other Pokemon vets + newcomers. Greninja's also likely safe this game too, as it's not that old yet (next game though it'll be on much shakier ground). Jiggs is also piss poor easy to make, so it's not comparable with the other Poke vets, also Pokemon needs that extra cutesy representation.
This is all assuming that one Pokemon has to be cut, which if they use Smash 4 assets is unlikely.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Why on earth would they go out of their way to cut out unique additions?
To promote whatever new is happening in the main series.

Gen 1 guys always seem safe but anyone but Pikachu could get cut for new stuff really being unique doesn't really matter.

I'd say it's most likely Mewtwo that would once again end up on the chopping block. Twice now it's been shown to be lower priority than other Pokemon vets + newcomers. Greninja's also likely safe this game too, as it's not that old yet (next game though it'll be on much shakier ground). Jiggs is also piss poor easy to make, so it's not comparable with the other Poke vets, also Pokemon needs that extra cutesy representation.
That could very well happen as well. I just don't think everyone from pokemon in 4 is coming back. I doubt they're going to add like 8 guys. Could they? Sure.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Now, we do not know squat about the game.

Mario, BotW Link (Status = Not confirmed yet) and Inklings (Boy & Girl)

We can speculate all we want, it's fun, but we do not know anything.
If they reuse assets from Smash 4, why on earth cut Lucario, Mewtwo, Greninja or Jiggs?
I just feel people are too easy to call inn the butcher of the cutting block... Why? We do not know squat about that yet.

If I do not see any of these characters closer to the release date, THEN I might join the speculative nature of cutting block, but with a teaser of like 50 seconds? Come on guys. Really?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If they were to "cut" one, I'd say put Mewtwo on the DLC roster again. He's a money maker, and I would expect any "cuts" to hit the DLC roster

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Super Smash Switch;

On the base roster, here is Pichu. If you want to evolve your Pichu, you need to give it love, and that means, give us money, and you will get Pikachu through DLC, giving us love, being faithful to the series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last poll was Captan Syrup. The Shake King flopped hard while Shokora and Rudy the clown barely got above him.

Next is the start of Metal Gear Solid, since there are many skilled killers in Snake's heyday. Your choices are Revolver Ocelot, Gray Fox, Sniper Wolf, and Big Boss.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I kinda feel bad for Shantae fans because shes the black horse of all indie reps. Travis I could maybe see getting in but I doubt it since his games are graphic violent, but not like that would carry over to Smash.
By now it should be completely clear that execuse is dead it needs to stop appearing on this forum.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It gets pretty tiring seeing this happen pretty much everytime XCX gets brought up...that's the thing

I think the game is highly underappreciated as is...and I feel like it's almost always down to people just not liking a few tracks that (admittedly) do get overplayed within the game (like NLA night theme and Skell theme) but that doesn't take away from most of the rest of the soundtrack being phenomenal in my opinion...

I mean listen to this!!

and this...

and this...
MONO X and THEME X are the best.
But that bring said, Xenoblade X soundtrack isn't really Sawano's best.

I feel like more people expect Rex than actually want him to be honest. Plus Xenoblade is relatively niche. What if Pyra was the main fighter and Rex was in the background?
That won't happen if you understand how Drivers and Blades work in the game.

Pyra's design will get toned down, be it by adding more clothes or a breast reduction surgery, it WILL happen. Sakurai's expressed frustration at CERO (Japan's game age rating) for being nitpicky with Wonder Pink's upskirt and Palutena iirc
Okay, first off, chill when I reply this.
Facts is: we don't know.....we even unsure if she will be in or not lol.

Suppose she does get in.. I do agee Pyra might get censor by having her pants longer, but I don't see things like breast reduction happening, even of it does happen there probably won't be any significant difference....

Also don't forget "the jiggles" in XC2 . That has to be gone if Pyra is in Smash....

Also "Sakurai expressed frustration at CERO for being nitpicky" just curious... Any source of this? I also don't know why Sakurai was frustrated at CERO bring nitpicky, I am guessing he is more strict when it comes to ratings, if that's the case then again, I do see Pyra having clothing tweaks.

Edit:So not saying you are entirely wrong... I just don't get why you are so sure about this.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
By now it should be completely clear that execuse is dead it needs to stop appearing on this forum.
Nah, I genuinely believe that adding Doom Guy would be a disservice to his "character" if he were not as violent. Travis could work without the hyper violence because he has other redeemable qualities. It is what it is, if you do not like it, I guess you just have to actually convince everyone who disagrees with you that they are wrong. "lmfao Bayo Bewbs" is not a great counter-point.

Morbi

Scavenger
And sorry for repeat, I just suddenly think this up.

Breast reductions... Probably not...
Breast jiggles? Please don't let it appear in Smash Sakurai....
Sakurai would have some explaining to do if he hypocritically gave Pyra a breast reduction after claiming that shrinking Ridley would no longer make him Ridley. What about Pyra's character, Sakurai? I do not want to pull the sexism card, but...

DGAMER

Smash Apprentice
Oh hi!

TBH, wether or not Pyra needs censorship is down to the rating systems. I don't think Pyra needs heavy censorship. The only time I could see Pyra getting censored is if they are aiming for an E10 rating on ESRB, and even then, I'm pretty sure nothing of significance will happen.

On a different note, I am 100% confident the only pokemon cut that could be possible at this point is Greninja. Even then, a Greninja cut is still incredibly unlikely, as Ash-Greninja is still a thing. All the other pokemon are safe.

They won't put Pikachu as DLC. The outrage would be catastrophic.

Morbi

Scavenger
Oh hi!

TBH, wether or not Pyra needs censorship is down to the rating systems. I don't think Pyra needs heavy censorship. The only time I could see Pyra getting censored is if they are aiming for an E10 rating on ESRB, and even then, I'm pretty sure nothing of significance will happen.

On a different note, I am 100% confident the only pokemon cut that could be possible at this point is Greninja. Even then, a Greninja cut is still incredibly unlikely, as Ash-Greninja is still a thing. All the other pokemon are safe.

They won't put Pikachu as DLC. The outrage would be catastrophic.
I love this logic. "Yo, they cut Mewtwo, what, 3 times out of 4? He is totes safe, def bruh." The counter argument is always: "It just took them nearly two decades to figure out Mewtwo was popular! But tanks two da DLC, him com bacc 4sho... No way de wan ta mooney a-gain!"

This is not directed at you, per se. It is just a common opinion that baffles me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’m not normally one to get behind censorship, but anything to make Pyra’s design slightly less ridiculous I’m cool with.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Someone brings up Pyra.

>Pyra can't get in unless she's censored.

>Don't censor Pyra.

>Can we stop talking about Pyra?

>Start talking about something else.

>Someone brings up Pyra.

Lovely cycle we have this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom