• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have no idea why this was left out of Bayonetta's music in Smash but it was a travesty. It better in Smash Switch.

I'm willing to bet its licensing issues.

Same reason we lost some vocal tracks from Brawl.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Okay, so I'm gonna try something a little bit different. Let's talk about music. In particular, I'm gonna give you guys a challenge.

And to make it a little interesting, I'm going to give you a game I don't think many of you have played.

Let's imagine, that Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a stage. It can be any location from the game you want but the important thing its that its a stage from that game.

Point is, you are in charge of picking the music tracks for that stage. But there are some requirements...

1. There must be 10 tracks total.
  2. They must all be from Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  3. 3 of them must be remixes of some sort. You will need to specify which ones get the remixes.
  4. EXTRA CREDIT: If you want, you can pick one extra track from a Nintendo series that you don't think will ever get a stage that would fit on the stage.
Now, that's kind of daunting, especially if you don't know Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a nice guy though, so I've compiled several tracks that are prominent in the game and put them in the spoiler below. I've even included links so you can listen to them and small descriptions of when they play.

Be warned, the official names in the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST suck balls.

For example, Tatsu's theme is named "z39b20co13mi01cal09

Still, with my descriptions, you should be able to figure out which tracks are which.

This is the main theme of the game. Theme X is remixed is several tracks.

This is the title theme of the game. As you can tell, it remixed a bit of the Main Theme.

This is the theme of New Los Angles. It's the main town in the game and where most of your non exploration/combat gameplay happens.

This is the theme of the Ma-non Ship. The Ma-non are aliens that are friendly to humans. Eventually more friendly alien species start to live in the ship as its protected.

This is the normal battle theme. It plays whenever a non important battle is happening.

This is the people's favorite. This is the theme of tyrant battles or special optional enemies that are hard to take down. If you played the first Xenoblade Chronicles, you can compare this to You Will Know Our Names.

Of course, such a popular song has an instrumental version included as well.

This is a story important boss battle theme. This will play in boss battles that don't have their own themes.

This is the boss battle theme for sidequests. You'll honestly hear this one a lot more as there are a butt ton of sidequests.

This is the theme for one very important boss fight in the story. Saying who or what it is would be spoilers.

Yes the title is German. And yes those are attempts at German lyrics. This is the music that plays whenever you use Overdrive which is essentially your limit break. Those can last a long time, so the song's length is appropriate.

Yeah an instrumental version exists too. Unlike the Uncontrollable instrumental, this version replaces the vocals with synth. Sounds pretty neat.

This is the final boss theme. Fun Fact, this was played in an early trailer for the game.

This is the theme for Primordia. It's the game's first area and is a grassy but mountainous area.

This is the song that plays whenever you're in a cave or underground. There are a lot of caves.

This is the theme for Noctilum, the game's second area. It's an area that filled with dense rain forests and waterfalls.

This is the theme for the game's third area, Oblivia. It's a dry arid landscape that's mostly rock.

This is the song that plays when you're in Sylvalum, the fourth main area. It's a desert covered in crystals and mountains.

This is the theme for Cauldros. This is the game's final area and it is filled with lava, enemy bases and acid.

This is the theme that plays whenever you're flying in your skell. Skells are the mechas you can pilot in the game.

Tatsu's theme! Cause everyone loves Tatsu, amirite?

Hope you guys like the challenge. If you do, I'm willing to do more in the future, but let's start with this.

Tagging some people I know like Xenoblade Chronicles and people who like video game music.

@Opossum
Chrono. Chrono.
@mario123007
@Aetheri
@Bebe Mignon
@Venus of the Desert Bloom
@Final Smash Gamer

Have at 'em folks.
Stage:
Noctilum

Tracks:
Noctilum (Day)/(Night)
Z29 Battle
Uncontrollable
Black Tar
Melancholia
Wir fliegen
NO.EX01
Black Tar (Remix)
Uncontrollable (Remix)
Melancholia (Remix)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Copyright's a *****.
I looked up who owns Fly Me to the Moon. It's not the Sinatra estate (After all why would they have it? It's not even his song originally he just has the most famous version.) or anyone who should be particularly difficult to acquire the rights from.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
While I'm ecstatic about 2 DKC characters, I feel like the lack of any Kirby newcomers would make fans worldwide angry. Especially since there's so many good ones to pick.
Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandana Dee is the most wanted character in Japan.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Wouldn’t hate that list of newcomers at all!

Dixie is a little redundant and I had to lookup who that last guy was, but still, I’d be happy with that list.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stage:
Noctilum

Tracks:
Noctilum (Day)/(Night)
Z29 Battle
Uncontrollable
Black Tar
Melancholia
Wir fliegen
NO.EX01
Black Tar (Remix)
Uncontrollable (Remix)
Melancholia (Remix)
Interesting.

How would you remix the songs you listed?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I looked up who owns Fly Me to the Moon. It's not the Sinatra estate (After all why would they have it? It's not even his song originally he just has the most famous version.) or anyone who should be particularly difficult to acquire the rights from.
Then your guess is good as mine. I agree though, it's a damn shame that this song was left out of Smash 4. It's one of the best songs on Bayo 1's OST.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ok, I just had a thought. I'm half expecting a serious story mode like in Brawl for smash switch, and I just thought how the smash 4 characters could be integrated.

I can't imagine Wii Fit Trainer in any serious story cutscene without chuckling a bit.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I have no idea why this was left out of Bayonetta's music in Smash but it was a travesty. It better be in Smash Switch.

Copyright.

...one of the first things I did when the ability to mod music in Sm4sh happened was add Moon River and that song.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Ok, I just had a thought. I'm half expecting a serious story mode like in Brawl for smash switch, and I just thought how the smash 4 characters could be integrated.

I can't imagine Wii Fit Trainer in any serious story cutscene without chuckling a bit.
To be fair, it’s not like Captain Falcon was the pinnacle of dramatic storytelling in SSE :p

I imagine they’d find a way to make things work, and if the teaser is anything to go by, maybe they’ll be bringing back a bit of that Brawl-era edge to the aesthetic.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

Work her in as some sort of fitness studio instructor. Could be a place in the town where Wario is based for the Wario Ware games?

I think if they do do a story mode, which I certainly hope they do, it would be great if they actually incorporated more locations form the different franchises. Give us Hyrule Castle, the Mushroom Kingdom, Dedede's castle on planet Popstar. It could all be framed in an inter dimensional catastrophe like what was done in Hyrule / Fire Emblem Warriors.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If there is a story mode again.

Wii Fit Trainer and Wario should be paired together.

Bayonetta and Kirby.

Little Mac and Ryu.

Etc, etc, etc.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

All the Nintendo all-stars have been defeated; Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Duck Hunt are the worlds last hope.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Lol I never said that.
This site has been REALLY unstable for me recently since the revert back to the regular theme. I have no idea why. I quoted the Xenoblade post and part of it got highlighted, then removed, and I guess when it posted it got merged with that one somehow?

What my post actually contained. I have no idea what happened there.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This site has been REALLY unstable for me recently since the revert back to the regular theme. I have no idea why. I quoted the Xenoblade post and part of it got highlighted, then removed, and I guess when it posted it got merged with that one somehow?
Well what was your post on Xenoblade gonna be?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rosalina should be paired with Duck Hunt Dog.

I don't know why. I just feel like they'd make for a cute pairing and Rosie would probably bring out the softer side in the Dog and she'd like the Duck's stern nature.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If we get a story mode, I expect some deep lore since we have characters who can actually talk now like Shulk, Wii Fit Trainer, and the Kid Icarus trio.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If (and more likely when) Isabelle gets in her sole mission isn't even to fight.

She's just trying to get to Villager who is busy teaming up with like Pit or Mario or something, but he left without signing papers for the latest town project.

She bumps into Captain Falcon and he doesn't even get her at first but then comes to appreciate her dedication when they meet up with Villager and this little dog is just railing into him about leaving the office and work unannounced.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Xenoblade X had some amazing tracks. And yes, I even like the tracks some people complain about. Even the new LA themes.

I would love to see some of them in smash. My top picks would most likely be Wir Fligen and don't worry. Also some of the boss themes like Ares Boss or No EX1.

With that said yeah I do think XC1 and 2's soundtracks are better. And if I had to choose between X and 2 I would choose 2. I was disappointed with how they handled Xenoblade 1 remixs though so hopefully they handle any more xenoblade remixes better.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I love how the possibility of a story mode has turned this thread kind of into Smash FanFic Boards :)

I think this is one of the things that is so special about Smash; we get to see characters who ordinarily would not meet and see how they would react and interact with one another. It is something quite unique to Smash and one of the many reasons I love the franchise.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If (and more likely when) Isabelle gets in her sole mission isn't even to fight.

She's just trying to get to Villager who is busy teaming up with like Pit or Mario or something, but he left without signing papers for the latest town project.

She bumps into Captain Falcon
Capitan falcon jumps out of the blue falcon, Falcon punches a giant ROB, and slides through a bunch of Isabelle's papers, sending them up into the air

....wait

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I don't expect them to make a big storymode with cutscenes.

I'm just hoping we get an adventure mode similar to Meele's, but expanded apon with bosses, branching paths, and more Nintendo worlds to play in.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I don't expect them to make a big storymode with cutscenes.

I'm just hoping we get an adventure mode similar to Meele's, but expanded apon with bosses, branching paths, and more Nintendo worlds to platform though.
That would be nice at the very least. The incorporation of a single player platformer type campaign is just something very Nintendo and took Smash just that little bit further in distinguishing itself as unique. I honestly think that was the one thing that could really be pointed out as a bad thing about Sm4sh.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Capitan falcon jumps out of the blue falcon, Falcon punches a giant ROB, and slides through a bunch of Isabelle's papers, sending them up into the air

....wait
And that's the day Isabelle learned to Falcon Punch. Isabelle takes Ganondorf's old moveset confirmed.

EDIT: Quoted wrong post, lemme fix that.
EDIT2: That's better.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
As much as I dont expect a 2nd Animal Crossing rep, Isabelle with attacks based on furniture, emotions and secretary based attacks (Like spilling papers everywhere) would be awesome.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ok but really? If we don't see too many animated character trailers, I could see them putting that animation budget into a big story mode.

The trailer we got was kinda bare bones if you think about it, it was just an action scene in a white area, with some static models to show off veterans.

If we get a trailer thats mostly gameplay like Brawl's trailer, we might be seeing a story mode of some kind.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
As much as I dont expect a 2nd Animal Crossing rep, Isabelle with attacks based on furniture, emotions and secretary based attacks (Like spilling papers everywhere) would be awesome.
I was not originally too keen on the idea of Isabelle, but considering her recent place in the Animal Crossing limelight, as well as her adorable clumsiness being able to lead to a really charming moveset, I've grown interested in having her as a fighter.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Ok but really? If we don't see too many animated character trailers, I could see them putting that animation budget into a big story mode.

The trailer we got was kinda bare bones if you think about it, it was just an action scene in a white area, with some static models to show off veterans.

If we get a trailer thats mostly gameplay like Brawl's trailer, we might be seeing a story mode of some kind.
That and we need a unique animated opening like Melee for this one. I needs my epic opening that is not reused character trailers and gameplay!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I was not originally too keen on the idea of Isabelle, but considering her recent place in the Animal Crossing limelight and her adorable clumsiness could lead to a really charming moveset, and the thought of that has encouraged me to be interested in having her as a fighter.
I also wasn't too into the idea, but there's still a lot of Animal Crossing features that aren't involved in Villager's moveset. Since Isabelle's crazy popularity, I'd like to see her appearance.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's just that I've seen a lot more people hype up Dixie Kong lately. Travis Touchdown is an odd one too, but Shantae is on my list, so that makes me happy.
Dixie's a relevant Nintendo all-star who just starred in a game last system generation and that game is getting remade on Switch.

It's also why people are talking about Funky Kong. They and Cranky simply still star in the DK games so they seem more logical to get into Sakurai's grace despite K. Rool's fan demand.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
In Melee's adventure mode certain game worlds had unique was to platform through them.
Mario's world was a more basic platforming stage.
Zelda's world put you in a dungeon where you hade to find the Triforce.
Metroid's world had you platform upwards to escape an the exploading planet.
F-Zero's world had you run through a race track while trying to avoid getting run over by the racers.
Ice Climber world had you climb up a mountain.

I want more of this. Anyone have ideas for what they could do for other game worlds?

It would be cool if there was a Pikmin level where you have to find parts of a ship to escape the planet while also having to figure out the best way to deal with the giant enemies (maybe you can find items throughout the stage that will help you defeat them). Maybe there can be a Warioware stage where you have to complete micro-games like in Brawl's Warioware stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom