• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Yea, it would change a lot. It would do the exact same thing as adding Wavedash (it literally has the same physics and uses), only it's much easier to grasp conceptually and it's a 1 button input instead of 2 buttons + direction.
True. I like it.

EDIT: That leak list is kinda.. bogus. I'm not a fan of it.

Also, I just realized, if Toad is confirmed and he's not part of my 75 character wishlist already.. Odds are I'm not getting all my wishlist picks :l

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
99% sure this is just a larper, but because we love digging into this kind of stuff, these "leaks" were going around earler.

Newcomer list:
インクリング
キングクルール
ディクシーコング
リドリー
ワルイージ
ジュナイパー
鷹丸
不来方夕莉
レックス & ホムラ
シャンティ
ボンバーマン
トラヴィス・タッチダウン
風間 仁
???
I appreciate the effort of that guy using japanese names instead xD

RIP Ridley

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay, so I'm gonna try something a little bit different. Let's talk about music. In particular, I'm gonna give you guys a challenge.

And to make it a little interesting, I'm going to give you a game I don't think many of you have played.

Let's imagine, that Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a stage. It can be any location from the game you want but the important thing its that its a stage from that game.

Point is, you are in charge of picking the music tracks for that stage. But there are some requirements...

1. There must be 10 tracks total.
  2. They must all be from Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  3. 3 of them must be remixes of some sort. You will need to specify which ones get the remixes.
  4. EXTRA CREDIT: If you want, you can pick one extra track from a Nintendo series that you don't think will ever get a stage that would fit on the stage.
Now, that's kind of daunting, especially if you don't know Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a nice guy though, so I've compiled several tracks that are prominent in the game and put them in the spoiler below. I've even included links so you can listen to them and small descriptions of when they play.

Be warned, the official names in the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST suck balls.

For example, Tatsu's theme is named "z39b20co13mi01cal09

Still, with my descriptions, you should be able to figure out which tracks are which.

This is the main theme of the game. Theme X is remixed is several tracks.

This is the title theme of the game. As you can tell, it remixed a bit of the Main Theme.

This is the theme of New Los Angles. It's the main town in the game and where most of your non exploration/combat gameplay happens.

This is the theme of the Ma-non Ship. The Ma-non are aliens that are friendly to humans. Eventually more friendly alien species start to live in the ship as its protected.

This is the normal battle theme. It plays whenever a non important battle is happening.

This is the people's favorite. This is the theme of tyrant battles or special optional enemies that are hard to take down. If you played the first Xenoblade Chronicles, you can compare this to You Will Know Our Names.

Of course, such a popular song has an instrumental version included as well.

This is a story important boss battle theme. This will play in boss battles that don't have their own themes.

This is the boss battle theme for sidequests. You'll honestly hear this one a lot more as there are a butt ton of sidequests.

This is the theme for one very important boss fight in the story. Saying who or what it is would be spoilers.

Yes the title is German. And yes those are attempts at German lyrics. This is the music that plays whenever you use Overdrive which is essentially your limit break. Those can last a long time, so the song's length is appropriate.

Yeah an instrumental version exists too. Unlike the Uncontrollable instrumental, this version replaces the vocals with synth. Sounds pretty neat.

This is the final boss theme. Fun Fact, this was played in an early trailer for the game.

This is the theme for Primordia. It's the game's first area and is a grassy but mountainous area.

This is the song that plays whenever you're in a cave or underground. There are a lot of caves.

This is the theme for Noctilum, the game's second area. It's an area that filled with dense rain forests and waterfalls.

This is the theme for the game's third area, Oblivia. It's a dry arid landscape that's mostly rock.

This is the song that plays when you're in Sylvalum, the fourth main area. It's a desert covered in crystals and mountains.

This is the theme for Cauldros. This is the game's final area and it is filled with lava, enemy bases and acid.

This is the theme that plays whenever you're flying in your skell. Skells are the mechas you can pilot in the game.

Tatsu's theme! Cause everyone loves Tatsu, amirite?

Hope you guys like the challenge. If you do, I'm willing to do more in the future, but let's start with this.

Tagging some people I know like Xenoblade Chronicles and people who like video game music.

@Opossum
Chrono. Chrono.
@mario123007
@Aetheri
@Bebe Mignon
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
@Final Smash Gamer

Have at 'em folks.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
99% sure this is just a larper, but because we love digging into this kind of stuff, these "leaks" were going around earler.

Newcomer list:
インクリング
キングクルール
ディクシーコング
リドリー
ワルイージ
ジュナイパー
鷹丸
不来方夕莉
レックス & ホムラ
シャンティ
ボンバーマン
トラヴィス・タッチダウン
風間 仁
???
Through the touch-and-go translation of Google Translate, let me put this list in English.

Inkling
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waluigi
Decidueye (thanks Senselessbreak)
Takamaru
Kozukata Yūri (again, thanks Senselessbreak)
Rex & Pyra
Shantae
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
Jin Kazama

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So.. How come people want Dixie so badly

Through the touch-and-go translation of Google Translate, let me put this list in English.

Inkling
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waluigi
??? (Google translate says Juniper)
Takamaru
??? (Google translate says "The way to come")
Rex & Pyra
Shantae
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
Jin Kazama
I mean, really though.. Dixie Kong..?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord

Inkling
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waluigi
??? (Google translate says Juniper)
Takamaru
Rex & Pyra
Shantae
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
Jin Kazama
ジュナイパー or Junaiper is Decidueyes name.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
ジュナイパー or Junaiper is Decidueyes name.
Ah, I did not know that. Makes much more sense.

Have no idea who the other unknown one is supposed to be, though.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
What do you think the chances of Paper Mario getting in are? I feel like he doesn't get talked about enough.

He's a relevant character from a long running successful franchise who has been highly demanded for quite some time, and has a lot of potential for a unique moveset/playstyle.

It seems development for this Smash started right inbetween the release of Paper Jam and Color Splash, so the character was probably fresh in Sakurai's mind. Sakurai also thought the series was notable enough to add a stage from it. Also Paper Jam helped cement him as a different character from regular Mario, which I feel helps.

I think he's got a good shot.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Okay, so I'm gonna try something a little bit different. Let's talk about music. In particular, I'm gonna give you guys a challenge.

And to make it a little interesting, I'm going to give you a game I don't think many of you have played.

Let's imagine, that Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a stage. It can be any location from the game you want but the important thing its that its a stage from that game.

Point is, you are in charge of picking the music tracks for that stage. But there are some requirements...

1. There must be 10 tracks total.
  2. They must all be from Xenoblade Chronicles X.
  3. 3 of them must be remixes of some sort. You will need to specify which ones get the remixes.
  4. EXTRA CREDIT: If you want, you can pick one extra track from a Nintendo series that you don't think will ever get a stage that would fit on the stage.
Now, that's kind of daunting, especially if you don't know Xenoblade Chronicles X. I'm a nice guy though, so I've compiled several tracks that are prominent in the game and put them in the spoiler below. I've even included links so you can listen to them and small descriptions of when they play.

Be warned, the official names in the Xenoblade Chronicles X OST suck balls.

For example, Tatsu's theme is named "z39b20co13mi01cal09

Still, with my descriptions, you should be able to figure out which tracks are which.

This is the main theme of the game. Theme X is remixed is several tracks.

This is the title theme of the game. As you can tell, it remixed a bit of the Main Theme.

This is the theme of New Los Angles. It's the main town in the game and where most of your non exploration/combat gameplay happens.

This is the theme of the Ma-non Ship. The Ma-non are aliens that are friendly to humans. Eventually more friendly alien species start to live in the ship as its protected.

This is the normal battle theme. It plays whenever a non important battle is happening.

This is the people's favorite. This is the theme of tyrant battles or special optional enemies that are hard to take down. If you played the first Xenoblade Chronicles, you can compare this to You Will Know Our Names.

Of course, such a popular song has an instrumental version included as well.

This is a story important boss battle theme. This will play in boss battles that don't have their own themes.

This is the boss battle theme for sidequests. You'll honestly hear this one a lot more as there are a butt ton of sidequests.

This is the theme for one very important boss fight in the story. Saying who or what it is would be spoilers.

Yes the title is German. And yes those are attempts at German lyrics. This is the music that plays whenever you use Overdrive which is essentially your limit break. Those can last a long time, so the song's length is appropriate.

Yeah an instrumental version exists too. Unlike the Uncontrollable instrumental, this version replaces the vocals with synth. Sounds pretty neat.

This is the final boss theme. Fun Fact, this was played in an early trailer for the game.

This is the theme for Primordia. It's the game's first area and is a grassy but mountainous area.

This is the song that plays whenever you're in a cave or underground. There are a lot of caves.

This is the theme for Noctilum, the game's second area. It's an area that filled with dense rain forests and waterfalls.

This is the theme for the game's third area, Oblivia. It's a dry arid landscape that's mostly rock.

This is the song that plays when you're in Sylvalum, the fourth main area. It's a desert covered in crystals and mountains.

This is the theme for Cauldros. This is the game's final area and it is filled with lava, enemy bases and acid.

This is the theme that plays whenever you're flying in your skell. Skells are the mechas you can pilot in the game.

Tatsu's theme! Cause everyone loves Tatsu, amirite?

Hope you guys like the challenge. If you do, I'm willing to do more in the future, but let's start with this.

Tagging some people I know like Xenoblade Chronicles and people who like video game music.

@Opossum
Chrono. Chrono.
@mario123007
@Aetheri
@Bebe Mignon
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
@Final Smash Gamer

Have at 'em folks.
The first thing I did when I got X’s soundtrack was get some better track names from a reddit thread :p

Character-wise, I could take or leave any new Xenoblade rep. But if they came with more stages and music from 1/X/2, then I’m happy with as many as they want to add.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Also I'm realizing. God I'm an old **** when it comes to posting on this board. I remember Shaqboards, Knucklesboards, Emblemboards, and now Ridleyboards.
Yet no Crashboards?

:troll:

Plz Dixie Kong for Smash

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Ah, I did not know that. Makes much more sense.

Have no idea who the other unknown one is supposed to be, though.
The other translates into Kozukata Yūri aka the Fatal Frame girl. While I don't think she'll be playable, that game was published by Nintendo, and she did get a trophy in Smash 4 lol.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Inkling
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waluigi
Takamaru
Rex & Pyra
Shantae
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
Jin Kazama
It's probably that fact that there are four third party characters is probably what raises the alarm for me on this one.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The other translates into Kozukata Yūri aka the Fatal Frame girl. While I don't think she'll be playable, that game was published by Nintendo, and she did get a trophy in Smash 4 lol.
Fatal Frame, huh? A quick Google search shows me that's a survival horror game. Doesn't exactly scream moveset potential to me. But hey, Sakurai's pulled weirder **** before.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Point is, you are in charge of picking the music tracks for that stage.
Swamp, why do you want people to dig through garbage.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That’s Kozukata Yūri from the Fatal Frame series, notably the most recent one for the Wii U.

Edit: Senselessbreak beat me to it.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei , I would love to get a go at that but with how fast this thread moves, it might be 80 more pages until I can.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Fatal Frame, huh? A quick Google search shows me that's a survival horror game. Doesn't exactly scream moveset potential to me. But hey, Sakurai's pulled weirder **** before.
If I recall right Fatal Frame gameplay mostly surrounds the use of a camera to deal with the supernatural forces they encounter though even with that I can agree I don't know how I would base a moveset around that.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Travis Touchdown and Shantae are on that list and you focus on Dixie Kong?
I kinda feel bad for Shantae fans because shes the black horse of all indie reps. Travis I could maybe see getting in but I doubt it since his games are graphic violent, but not like that would carry over to Smash.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I kinda feel bad for Shantae fans because shes the black horse of all indie reps. Travis I could maybe see getting in but I doubt it since his games are graphic violent, but not like that would carry over to Smash.
Bayonetta and Snake would like a word with you. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Shantae has more fan demand and icon status in the indie world than he does though.

The problem with an indie rep is that Shovel Knight is just such the mega-watt star of that world.

If anyone indie gets in it's him. The dude literally invades every other indie game to go ''Yes, it is I, the famous dude. I am here!"

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay...

Fatal Frame characters are a practical impossibility.

Bayonetta and Snake come from mature franchises but Fatal Frame is a series where you fight ACTUAL SPOOKY GHOSTS THAT ARE DESIGNED TO BE AS SCARY AS POSSIBLE.

While the protagonists could be toned down, any stage or bonus content from the series would be either gutted or too scary for a Smash game. I guess you could just have a spooky mansion or mountainside shrine as a stage with no ghosts and no ghost trophies, but then you lose the point of the series, right?

For real though, these games scare the poop out of me.

I'm not trying to be.
Yes. One song.

Clearly its all terrible then.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Shantae at least I could see in the general feel of Smash. I don't know, I know I've heard No More Heroes is a decent game series but I'm not sure as a third party if he has enough of a push to justify his inclusion. I'm a bit more unfamiliar with the series so I guess I don't know how popular it actually is.

Shantae has more fan demand and icon status in the indie world than he does though.

The problem with an indie rep is that Shovel Knight is just such the mega-watt star of that world.

If anyone indie gets in it's him. The dude literally invades every other indie game to go ''Yes, it is I, the famous dude. I am here!"
Shovel Knight stands out pretty heavily. He was pushed by Nintendo pretty well during it's original release and continued to maintain a presence since then even being published by Nintendo in Japan. Yacht Club Games has done a pretty good job of keeping the character and the game relevant as they continued to work on all their content for it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've never played the Fatal Frame games, but aren't they essentially a playable Japanese horror movie? There's no way that's flying in Smash without having to be really really really really cut down. The Japanese film industry makes some of the scariest horror films in existence.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm surprised no RickRoll was mentioned today knowing it was April Fools lmao

I'm more alarmed with the 3rd party choices, but i can't jump to conclusions right now

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
So.. How come people want Dixie so badly

I mean, really though.. Dixie Kong..?
I mean, I'm one who would rather have Dixie over K.Rool, I loved Dixie in DKC2 and especially in Tropical Freeze. While I liked Diddy's play style, he didn't really fit me, so Id imagine that Dixie would be similar enough for me to want to play as her. Plus, more female protagonists would be cool too.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've never played the Fatal Frame games, but aren't they essentially a playable Japanese horror movie? There's no way that's flying in Smash without having to be really really really really cut down. The Japanese film industry makes some of the scariest horror films in existence.
For real though, its some scary ass ****.

I mean, look at this.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Inkling
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waluigi
Takamaru
Rex & Pyra
Shantae
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
Jin Kazama
While I'm ecstatic about 2 DKC characters, I feel like the lack of any Kirby newcomers would make fans worldwide angry. Especially since there's so many good ones to pick.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On the topic of indies.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Do you want a list?
No lie, XBC 1 and 2 have some of the best soundtracks in gaming history.....yet XBCX's soundtrack was so bad you are better playing the game on mute.
Ugh.

Agree to disagree.

I thought the soundtrack for all three games was great, but heaven forbid I try something fun with a game I like.

Just ignore it if you don't like it.

Chrono.

Oh no I've been dragged out of the social thread hole. :p I didn't even realize at first

Anyways would love to do Swamp's game as I actually really like X's soundtrack for the most part, but uh that soundtrack is massive and it'd be hard to find songs that fit Smash on their own without any remixing.

Mostly due to Sawano's signature uhhh taking too long for the song the really kick in.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If I recall, Xenoblade X has some really good songs, but its a lot different than the other 2. I think the solution would be to have 2 stages, one from X and one from 2, each with their respective tracks

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Hmmm. This article has convinced me. This hypothetical version of her sounds pretty damn fun.
Interesting, from what I get she basically takes photos of the other characters and it damages them. Seems extremely impractical for a fighting game........but also unique so who knows.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I have no idea why this was left out of Bayonetta's music in Smash but it was a travesty. It better be in Smash Switch.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Inkling
King K Rool
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Waluigi
Takamaru
Rex & Pyra
Shantae
Bomberman
Travis Touchdown
Jin Kazama
Even with all those cool characters, the fact that there are so many 3rd party characters bother me.
I'd be cool with it though, but the lack of Capitain Toad, Bandana Dee, Rayman and even Spring-man makes me sad.
However Ridley, Waluigi and Travis in, damn that'd make one hell of a team.

Concerning music, I hope that we can put more than one in the new stage creator!
Even five would be more than enough for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom