• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Can we revert to this if Ridley ever is confirmed for Smash? This is a great prank but Shaqboards was also excellent.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
My discussion wasn't as much which Pokemon will make it into Smash, it was more of a: From an outsider's point of view, which new Pokemon's have become popular enough to reach someone who doesn't know anything about Sun/Moon.

So I was merely debating whether Bewear was popular or not, not really saying that Decidueye is the obvious pick for Smash.

Rowlet did top that list you sent, it could very well be that I was seeing Rowlet everywhere and associating him with Decidueye.

All of my arguments are honestly very bad and have no real proof or solid base to stand on. My original point was that I had never heard the name Bewear before coming to Smashboards ever and I have a bunch of friends who play Pokemon Sun and Moon and post about it all the time, so I would argue that he isn't as popular as all those other Pokemon's people keep talking about.
And that's fine, my point that this whole discussion started on was looking at which Pokemon were being marketed are probably good options to look at as far as potential new Pokemon go. Bewear was just one of several Pokemon that appear in a lot of advertising for Pokemon and has been decently popular. He was never intended to be seen as a "serious" prediction for a playable Pokemon or anything, he just fit the "heavily marketed" point I was trying to make. I understand you're not overly informed as to whats all going on in Pokemon, and Bewear got too much overall focus in this discussion as he was never intended to be a main point.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So, keeping with the topic of Pokemon.

Since I've already said I am out of the loop from Pokemon. As someone who was lent Diamond and beat it and then bought Platinum for myself and also beat it (so I beat Gen 4 technically twice even though they are slightly different games).

Am I a bad person if I say I would love the Switch version to not be a remake of Gen 4 and instead be a new super graphical upgraded remake of Gen 1 or 2 or maybe like a new story set in Kanto+Johto. I mean I would be fine if it was like every region ever too, I just really want to play a super graphical version of Kanto with Gen 1 Pokemons literally because of "MUH CHILDHOODZ".

Also my gf who was a huge Pokemon anime fan until about end of Ruby/Sapphire (when she naturally sort of stopped watching, no hate or anything) has never played a single game of Pokemon and I told her I wanted her to play the next one that releases (and then Switch one was announced and I skipped US/UM and told her the Switch version would be the one she plays as long as it retains the original formula) and I would love for her first Pokemon game to be my first Pokemon game in a way, lol.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
"We're happy to announce the Year of Ridley.
"You may think you know everything about the world of Smash Bros, but these Boards run deep. And so does the LORE. Escape from these twisted depths, and you'll be able to join multiplayer matches as Ridley. We hope you enjoy this BIG perspective. Since "Ridley" means eight in Jambastionese, that means... 2018 is the year of the Ridley!" - Smashtoon 5: Ridley Expansion announcement, E3 2019.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So, keeping with the topic of Pokemon.

Since I've already said I am out of the loop from Pokemon. As someone who was lent Diamond and beat it and then bought Platinum for myself and also beat it (so I beat Gen 4 technically twice even though they are slightly different games).

Am I a bad person if I say I would love the Switch version to not be a remake of Gen 4 and instead be a new super graphical upgraded remake of Gen 1 or 2 or maybe like a new story set in Kanto+Johto. I mean I would be fine if it was like every region ever too, I just really want to play a super graphical version of Kanto with Gen 1 Pokemons literally because of "MUH CHILDHOODZ".

Also my gf who was a huge Pokemon anime fan until about end of Ruby/Sapphire (when she naturally sort of stopped watching, no hate or anything) has never played a single game of Pokemon and I told her I wanted her to play the next one that releases (and then Switch one was announced and I skipped US/UM and told her the Switch version would be the one she plays as long as it retains the original formula) and I would love for her first Pokemon game to be my first Pokemon game in a way, lol.
I'm thinking its going to be a sequel following parts of Lillies new journey to Kanto. I also think its going to be a mix of regions and locations. The only concern I have is how new pokemon would work if its a a return to older regions. I'm currently buying the leaks because Pokejungle and Sirena are putting a lot of confidence in them, and they have been consistently confident for the right stuff in the past.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm thinking its going to be a sequel following parts of Lillies new journey to Kanto. I also think its going to be a mix of regions and locations. The only concern I have is how new pokemon would work if its a a return to older regions. I'm currently buying the leaks because Pokejungle and Sirena are putting a lot of confidence in them, and they have been consistently confident for the right stuff in the past.
Could you link me to these leaks?

Honestly they could just make it sort of like Gold/Silver where you go to more than 1 region. And then Pokemon could be mixed between regions. Like Kanto could be 50% Gen 1, with most of the Gen 1 Pokemon residing there, but the other 50% be made up of different Pokemons from different Gens. Have various regions and have all regions follow sort of the same formula. Although having more than 2 regions is probably not going to happen, lol.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Could you link me to these leaks?

Honestly they could just make it sort of like Gold/Silver where you go to more than 1 region. And then Pokemon could be mixed between regions. Like Kanto could be 50% Gen 1, with most of the Gen 1 Pokemon residing there, but the other 50% be made up of different Pokemons from different Gens. Have various regions and have all regions follow sort of the same formula. Although having more than 2 regions is probably not going to happen, lol.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

And plenty of other websites and people "in the know" claim the image is accurate to what they've been hearing for a while now. They seem convinced the elements visible in this photo will be in the final product, but its unknown if someone else in their circle made this as a fake concept image based on the ramblings they've been hearing. It does throw a big wrench into the jungle/large city island location. Maybe that is the hub mainland that the early early pre-Switch reveal leaks were talking about, and these past regions are just available to travel to.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
But honestly, Ridley to Ridley talk.

Which version of Ridley is your favourite? I personally like the super metroid design, and i think they recreated it pretty ok in brawl
Personally I'd say my favourite Ridley designs would have to be Brawl, Metroid Prime and Samus Returns.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

And plenty of other websites and people "in the know" claim the image is accurate to what they've been hearing for a while now. They seem convinced the elements visible in this photo will be in the final product, but its unknown if someone else in their circle made this as a fake concept image based on the ramblings they've been hearing. It does throw a big wrench into the jungle/large city island location. Maybe that is the hub mainland that the early early pre-Switch reveal leaks were talking about, and these past regions are just available to travel to.
This looks to be tile based. I doubt they would go back to having their games be tile based.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Shokio: Turtles come in all shapes and sizes. Ridley is a dragon. Dragon, dragon anatomy dictates that they are all freaking huge.

Then explain the Kemp's ridley sea turtle. He clearly has a chance to be in Smash based on Shokio's turtle logic.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Lemme be real for a second for all you guys.

This semester has been real stressful for me and Smashboards has honestly been one of the few places where I can properly relax nowadays. No matter how much we go on about Bayonetta, clones, or Pyra's design, everything that goes down here is still a heck of a lot better than what's going on irl.

Danpal65

Smash Lord

I am honestly pretty unconvinced by these "leaks," it being currently a rumour at best. It looks like it could easily be built off of what was on the 3DS and certainly does not look like the jump that should be expected going from 3DS to Switch.

That being said, I certainly can not judge the whole game from one blurry and out of context "screen shot" so at this point no harm done if it is true. Especially since it looks like there is a Gyrados swimming around underwater, kinda cool. But I am in the camp of fake until proven real for this one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Do you think Ridley listens to Coldplay?
He probably sits alone in his room listening to the first lines of Fix You over and over again. Crying to himself and wondering why Sakurai doesn't love him.

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
:troll:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Clearly what's going on?!

Firstly you locked us out of the forums due to a maintenance, and now you change our avatar? I have changed my avatar and it's not changing.

Yes, I know it's april fools but it's a bit too far!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Clearly what's going on?!

Firstly you locked us out of the forums due to a maintenance, and now you change our avatar? I have changed my avatar and it's not changing.

Yes, I know it's april fools but it's a bit too far!
They do this every April Fools. Don't worry your normal avatar will be back tomorrow.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All dragons are huge?

Someone's childhood was sorely lacking in Pocket Dragon Adventures.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
But honestly, Ridley to Ridley talk.

Which version of Ridley is your favourite? I personally like the super metroid design, and i think they recreated it pretty ok in brawl
The Brawl model was perfect, which made it hurt so much more when the first pictures of him being a boss came out.

As far as designs in Metroid itself goes the Super Metroid design is the best in concept art, but if we're talking in-game sprites/models then I've always loved the Zero Mission design.

I'd fancy that as one of his colors should he ever get in.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
User was warned for this post
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR

EDIT: hypocrites

So anyway, what chances do you guys think Lara Croft has in regards to Smash, she seems iconic enough

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR
RRRROOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR

So anyway, what chances do you guys think Lara Croft has in regards to Smash, she seems iconic enough

Dunno about Lara Croft, seems to me like she'd be pretty far down in the pecking order of 3rd parties.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I went to a certain site known for posting fake leaks just for fun, forgetting that it was April Fools and saw horrible, horrible things. Do not recommend/10.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I went to a certain site known for posting fake leaks just for fun, forgetting that it was April Fools and saw horrible, horrible things. Do not recommend/10.
They posted a real leak for a change?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
And on one of the most religious holidays in existence, we're going to celebrate the existence of a violent alien space dragon who has a criminal record of abusing and murdering innocent people.

Man, today is gonna be so weird.

Dan

Smash Lord
Is it bad the forum looks better like this, and I'd actually like to keep my avatar?

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I see now, I was tricked, it's a april fool prank, I can see it now.

But I don't like the purple colours. I'm hoping it will be back to orange tomorrow...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I like the font size and scheme. I hope it becomes a permanent option after today.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Lmao! This is a cool breathe of fresh air for once. Man I really dig the theme xDDD

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Ridley. Yes.

Happy Easter, today, everyone.

Also, trust nothing you see on the internet today.

IronTed

Smash Ace
And on one of the most religious holidays in existence, we're going to celebrate the existence of a violent alien space dragon who has a criminal record of abusing and murdering innocent people.

Man, today is gonna be so weird.
Well, I mean Ridley does have a knack for-

Can't think of a better character to celebrate the resurrection with
Ridley is known for coming back from the dead. :x
Well... I guess this will be a memorable Easter, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom