• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
sorry for reply to very old posts... For some reason I missed on this thread's notification...
Xenoblade characters, perhaps?
Probably unfortunately... but no...
Just a reminder to keep it civil. Things have gotten a bit too heated. Let's calm down and remember to be constructive about our opinions.
tl;dr
chill
Not this game. At most, there will be 2 characters. It is possible that over time it could be. Xenoblade games have been (mostly) self-contained like Final Fantasy and Fire Emblem, so it could run into the same issue. But not in this game.
I mean... the main character in Xenoblade 2 doesn't need to always use sword... and Xenoblade X character can also use guns to fight.

Honestly, I think Xenoblade could have 3 characters if they really felt like it. One character per game, just like Kid Icarus.

(I doubt it would happen, just saying it's possible)
True, but in my opinion, the worst case scenario is no new Xenoblade rep at all and only has a new stage base on XCX's Mira.
Best case scenario, we get more than 2 Xenoblade characters plus two new stages base on Mira and Alrest.

My expectation is we'll get Rex from Xenoblade 2 (as its the direct sequel to Shulk's game)
This nothing about Xenoblade rep in Smash... just something to inform...

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, despite you can say it is a direct sequel, but story wise it is definitely not. Just think of it like Final Fantasy series...
The reason why it is called 2 is because just like the first game it is once again a story focused game unlike X where the story is pretty bland but has many things to do and explore.
And for those who are curious, I did edit Pyra's artwork to be less revealing. Of course, it's only the legs and torso that are covered; I saw no reason to censor the arms.

Oh boy here we go again...
I see no reason to do any of this lol.
And no, Nintendo is not going to hire you lol... (Hope you an get what I meant, this was from a meme that died pretty fast back then)
Can't you just make her pants longer instead of "covering more of her skin"? Anyway, please don't do this again.
Oh goodness, don’t even start the, “Pyra is too sexual” topic again. That is so overblown it’s not even funny.

There’s a Kid Icarus trophy with similar lack of clothing, and Zero Suit Samus herself has a costume in Wii U/3DS that bares just about as much skin. They aren’t going to completely change the design of the character like some propose.

They’ll make her shorts cover up a bit more, but expect to see some skin.
yeah, some individuals get pretty heated when it comes to that...
Swimsuit Shulk is also in-game, and he practically shows off more than Pyra does.
And some like to twist this around... that I... don't wanna mention for the sake of this thread.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I could actually see them toning down Pyra's outfit very slightly if ratings deem it too sexual, like what they did with Bayonetta and female Corrin. But so subtle you wouldn't notice it.

Though Pyra herself doesn't act sexual in anyway. In fact she's rather sweet, albeit strong headed. I'm more bothered by people completely ignoring this aspect in favor of obsessing over her appearance, thinking she's some sort of deviant.

Morbi

Scavenger
I could actually see them toning down Pyra's outfit very slightly if ratings deem it too sexual, like what they did with Bayonetta and female Corrin. But so subtle you wouldn't notice it.

Though Pyra herself doesn't act sexual in anyway. In fact she's rather sweet, albeit strong headed. I'm more bothered by people completely ignoring this aspect in favor of obsessing over her appearance, thinking she's some sort of deviant.
To be completely fair, it is not as though Smash does a great job of translating a personality (see Palutena) relative to actually presenting the design of the character. To that end, it is only natural that people would be concerned if that sort of content is awkward to them.

However, I believe that the complaint is moot with Bayonetta. I have no idea what they could possibly be alluding to that is somehow worse than that in terms of sexual content.

Speaking of which, the way they censored Bayonetta was not subtle at all, the moment she tried to perform a hair related attack, I noticed immediately exactly what they did. Corrin on the other hand, yeah, that was probably subtle. I am not even sure what they did.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That reminds me of the Best Buy demo. I went with a gameplan to try a few various things with Mega Man (was extra hype for him, he was my favorite video game character of all time for the majority of my life), but was instead met with a ****-show of items, final smashes, and KO punches. Even with my pre-planned list of things to try, I could hardly tell what was happening. It was very disappointing, to say the least :p
Yeah, this is exactly the thing I'm referring to and hope will be averted - or at least gives us little more reason to expect a Direct to set the Invitational up.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Oridginal Post: https://smashboards.com/threads/super-ridley-bros-for-switch-discussion.434391/page-474

My most ridlistic take on a ridster. I probridely wouldn't be surpridsed if there weren't any Ridley newcomers. But, they are there just in case.

There's 65 Ridleys + 4 clones + 3 Ridley Fighters = 72 Ridleys. 12 Newcomers if you don't count Ridley.

Super Ridley

• Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Princess Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Captain Ridley + Ridley Brigade
  • Rosalina & Ridley
  • Ridley Jr.
  • Paper Ridely
  • Dr. Ridley
Ridley Kong
  • Ridley Kong
  • Ridley Kong
  • Ridley Kong
  • Ridley Kong
The Legend of Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridleydorf
  • Toon Ridley
Ridley
  • Ridley Aran
  • Zero Suit Ridley
Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley
  • Ridley
  • King Ridley
  • Meta Ridley
Star Ridley
  • Ridley McCloud
  • Ridley Lombardi
Ridleymon
  • Ridley
  • Ridleypuff
  • Ridley
  • Ridleytwo
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
F-Ridley
  • Captain Ridley
RidleyBound
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley Climber
  • Ridley Climbers
Ridley Emblem
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
Game & Ridley
  • Mr. Ridley
Kid Ridley
  • Ridley
  • Dark Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridleymin
  • Ridley
Ridley Entertainment System
  • R.I.D.L.E.Y.
Ridley Crossing
  • Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley Fit
  • Ridley Fit Trainer
Punch-Ridley!!
  • Little Ridley
Ridleyblade
  • Rex & Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley Hunt
  • Ridley Hunt
Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley Heaven
  • Ridley Troupe (Tap Trial Ridley)
Ridley Fight
  • Ridley Fighter
Sonic The Ridley
  • Sonic The Ridley
Ridley
  • Ridley
Ridley Fighter
  • Ridley
Mega Ridley
  • Mega Ridley
Ridleyman
  • Ridleyman
Ridleyvania
  • Ridley Belmont
Pac-Ridley
  • Pac-Ridley
Final Ridley
  • Ridley Strife
Super Ridley Bros.
  • Ridley Brawler
  • Ridley Swordfighter
  • Ridley Gunner

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I just can't figure out if the discussion in here is serious or not. I'll just abstain from reading this thread today

Morbi

Scavenger
I have 1 character slot left in my dream roster and I'm not sure who I should give it to..

My runner-ups:
1. Dark Samus
2. Slippy Toad
3. Knuckles
4. Porkey Minch
5. Black Shadow
6. Ray 01
7. Andy
8. Geno
9. Decidueye
10. Takamaru
Black Shadow is absolutely on your dream roster, trust me. He is the only character worthy enough to be in my signature, even if you do not see him, he is there. :shades:

But seriously, you should just put Ray on it because no one else does. Ha ha ha...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I mean many folks think I'm one sided on this but I already said that this is just mere speculation and I am fine if she has minor tweaks, like make her pants longer. But adding black stuff on her suit which isn't cannon at all? I don't think that will happen not only because I don't like it, but also look how Nintendo is being more open when it comes to games where you don't have censorship for mature games.
Isn't Pyra like the spirit of a sword?
No.... she's a Blade...
Blade's are spirits that creates swords, people tend to get this mistaken think that Blades are living weapons... for now not spoiling anything I don't think they are...

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
monkaS Pyra Censorship is coming up again... I know just the thing! (You're all welcome)
perfection.png

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Yeah.... if you don't want the heat, get out of the kitchen...
Or tl;dr
chill...
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is nice and all; however, what if you cannot stand the heat, but it is not because you are in a kitchen, right? Instead, it is because you are being chased by Ridley who is throwing fireballs at you? What is your advice for that, wise guy?

Gestahl

Smash Cadet
I only feel for Pacman, Sonic, Megaman because they with Mario are the game-Patriarchs! Maybe Bomberman might be in da gang, perhaps even rayman. But as I see it, they need to be patriarchs to get in.

I mean. Snake is kinda patriarch cus he was on Msx and Nes. Just thinking loud.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is nice and all; however, what if you cannot stand the heat, but it is not because you are in a kitchen, right? Instead, it is because you are being chased by Ridley who is throwing fireballs at you? What is your advice for that, wise guy?
Call Samus.
Or I'm a Mario main, fire balls don't effect me lol.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Damn it. I got the worst Ridley picture for my profile.

Honestly I’m just expecting her “shorts” to increase in length. They look more like panties than anything.

Yeah, this is exactly the thing I'm referring to and hope will be averted - or at least gives us little more reason to expect a Direct to set the Invitational up.
I would be very happy with that. The lack of information is stressing me out.

I honestly want more quadrupeds in smash. so far all that we have had is Ivysaur and Duck Hunt.

I'd be down for Lycanroc or Amaterasu. Or any other 4 legged doggos. I loved Amaterasu in UMVC3, but Duck hunt doesn't do it for me in smash, I would like one that plays more aggressively.
We need more 4 legged doggos. Duck hunt doesn’t cut it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Damn it. I got the worst Ridley picture for my profile.

Honestly I’m just expecting her “shorts” to increase in length. They look more like panties than anything.

I would be very happy with that. The lack of information is stressing me out.

We need more 4 legged doggos. Duck hunt doesn’t cut it.
We can trade Ridley icons. :cool:

You want her to wear granny panties? A bit excessive in the other direction, if you ask me.

If they added Lycanroc, it would probably be the cool version, not the quadrupedal.

Luminario

Smash Lord
In my opinion I think Captian Syrup is the most deserving female newcomer for smash right now since there is almost no content about Wario land in smash and Wario is the only rep from his series but I know it's unlucky to happen.
Couldn't we also get Ashley for some WarioWare antics? Freeing up Wario for more Wario Land inspiration? Ashley seems to be awfully likely this time around anyway.

Morbi

Scavenger
Couldn't we also get Ashley for some WarioWare antics? Freeing up Wario for more Wario Land inspiration? Ashley seems to be awfully likely this time around anyway.
You genuinely believe that they would alter his move-set if they added someone else from Wario Ware? If Ganondorf has yet to be decloned, that is not going to happen, fam.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Oridginal Post: https://smashboards.com/threads/super-ridley-bros-for-switch-discussion.434391/page-474

My most ridlistic take on a ridster. I probridely wouldn't be surpridsed if there weren't any Ridley newcomers. But, they are there just in case.

There's 65 Ridleys + 4 clones + 3 Ridley Fighters = 72 Ridleys. 12 Newcomers if you don't count Ridley.

Ridley
  • Ridley Aran
  • Zero Suit Ridley

Even in this roster Ridley still didn't make it into the Metroid series, lol.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of Ashley, which is more or less guaranteed since she's popular. Few people wanted Kat & Ana while no one wanted Dr Crygor or Young Cricket.

Next will focus on Wario's own platforming adventures with some friends and foes. Your choices are Rudy the Clown, Captain Syrup, the Shake King, and Princess Shokora.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

Luminario

Smash Lord
You genuinely believe that they would alter his move-set if they added someone else from Wario Ware? If Ganondorf has yet to be decloned, that is not going to happen, fam.
A girl can dream.
At least give him his shoulder bash back, along with some Shake It grab inspiration. I'm not remotely expecting this though.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I only feel for Pacman, Sonic, Megaman because they with Mario are the game-Patriarchs! Maybe Bomberman might be in da gang, perhaps even rayman. But as I see it, they need to be patriarchs to get in.

I mean. Snake is kinda patriarch cus he was on Msx and Nes. Just thinking loud.
Don't forget Crash who was an Atari mascot

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
She is a living being. Just with special abilities that bond with their Driver. Kinda like a pokemon except human.

End game spoilers
At least blades gave birth to humans. Its never completely confirmed if humans and blades can breed but its heavily implied since Rexs aunt says blades and humans get married, and Pyra talks about starting a family, etc.....

Morbi

Scavenger
She is a living being. Just with special abilities that bond with their Driver. Kinda like a pokemon except human.

End game spoilers
At least blades gave birth to humans. Its never completely confirmed if humans and blades can breed but its heavily implied since Rexs aunt says blades and humans get married, and Pyra talks about starting a family, etc.....
Pokemon have special abilities that bond with their trainers? Are you talking about Mega Evolution, or something, because that sounds like some Digimon ****.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
She's part of a group of beings called Blades. Blades are born from Cores that can be summoned by Drivers, and each Blade packs extraordinary powers such as the abilities to control fire, water, electricity, and wind. However they still act like normal people, with their own personalities and basic needs like sleeping and eating, to the point there are stories of Blades and Drivers actually getting married. Not everyone can be a Driver though, only a select few can summon them, but any living thing can potentially become a Driver. Those that cannot summon a Blade will suffer a very nasty near death experience. The relationship between a Driver and Blade is important, as they need to work together in order to summon the full power of the Blade.

Blades are immortal, but with several catches. If their Driver ever dies, the Blade will revert back to being a Core and can be summoned again by a new Driver, but with recollections completely wiped the next time they're summoned. They however can die if the core on their chest is destroyed. Blades are also able to regenerate their bodies, but they will be unable to do so if their life force is shared with a non-Blade, such as what happened with Pyra and Rex.

Pyra and Mythra specifically are particularly special as they are the Aegis, a legendary Blade that ended a cataclysmic war in the past.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
She's part of a group of beings called Blades. Blades are born from Cores that can be summoned by Drivers, and each Blade packs extraordinary powers such as the abilities to control fire, water, electricity, and wind. However they still act like normal people, with their own personalities and basic needs like sleeping and eating, to the point there are stories of Blades and Drivers actually getting married. Not everyone can be a Driver though, only a select few can summon them, but any living thing can potentially become a Driver. Those that cannot summon a Blade will suffer a very nasty near death experience. The relationship between a Driver and Blade is important, as they need to work together in order to summon the full power of the Blade.

Blades are immortal, but with several catches. If their Driver ever dies, the Blade will revert back to being a Core and can be summoned again by a new Driver, but with recollections completely wiped the next time they're summoned. They however can die if the core on their chest is destroyed. Blades are also able to regenerate their bodies, but they will be unable to do so if their life force is shared with a non-Blade, such as what happened with Pyra and Rex.

Pyra and Mythra specifically are particularly special as they are the Aegis, a legendary Blade that ended a cataclysmic war in the past.

Hopefully this clears things up.
So if these explanations are confusing at least take away that blades are physical beings that can interact and do all the same stuff that humans do, but also have mage like powers. They can feel pain and bleed just like humans. In fact, without going into to many spoilers (this is chapter 1 stuff) Pyra and Rex have a unique connection where they share pain. So if Rex bleeds, so does Pyra.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, I think this might send a message if there are any Nintendo reps who check smashboards.

April fools shenanigans are always fun, but this could actually impact something

In other news I made a Donkey Kong Country 2 one-minute review if anyone is interested
Nah, if they are not already aware of Ridley's popularity, a Ridley shaped message in the sky would not be enough to allow them to take the hint.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Nah, we all know that Shokio is more deserving for Smash.

He's the best incarnation of Ridley of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom