• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Also if there is a direct this week I'd be doubtful of Smash info....mayyyybe a test smash. But idk.
Honestly they should do one, for the sake of the servers.
TBH a testsmash would be amazing. Mainly because this last month wait is going to be hell with all the papers and exams in the way...

I'm pretty doubtful of it though, that's the type of thing they'd announce in a Smash direct. Plus with Sakurai reiterating that there's going to be more events in North America to play I don't think we're getting one.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Quick question, would you guys pay for an DLC update that doesn't include characters?

Say, for example, a 20 bucks update that add a break the targets and board the platform level per character, Home run contest, one aditional skin (plus 4 recolors) per character and stage builder?

(honestly is tons of work)
nope i wouldnt

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Or Nintendo decides they want to make another game and either absorb the developer or completely purchase the rights outright. The franchise is apparently popular enough that it got added back in despite not having a new game in 12 years.
I mean that's the dream. If Custom Robo does come back, I'll be a very VERY happy man. I'd be anticipating that far more than smash. I just really don't think it's actually going to happen, as sad as that is. The Mii costume is extremely encouraging, but I'm not going to let myself get my hopes up just yet.

GrimPain

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, who likes that Sakurai is making the DLC characters a surprise, and who would have preferred he just named them even without footage of said characters?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 175961
I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about how cool it is Eternal Darkness is getting a reference. This is why I love the Spirits event matches :)

Also if there is a direct this week I'd be doubtful of Smash info....mayyyybe a test smash. But idk.
The consensus is, it might be related to F-Zero instead, so Smash news aren't guaranteed anyways.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I have game for you guys subject: Alternate history gaming game !

Here is the topic of this game guys:
So what if Sega won the Console war back in the 90's and Nintendo stopped producing console. With that in mind Sakurai get to work with Sega instead of Nintendo so what if Super Smash Bros were named Super Smash Chaos and that game featured Sega characters (instead of his alternate history gaming Nintendo one).

So today Super Smash Chaos would lunch with a new IP named Super Smash Chaos Ultimate who are in the game ? (You have between 70 to 80 slot of charaters to fil)
Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Bigs, Silver, Eggman from Sonic
Bayonetta, Jeanne, Rodin, Lumen Sage from Bayonetta
Ecco
Gilius Thunderhead, Ax Battler, Tyris Flare from Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
Beat from Jet Set Radio
NiGHTS, Wizeman and Reala from NiGHTS
THE CRAZY TAXI
Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue
Axel Stone from Streets of Rage
Akira from Virtua Fighter

D

Deleted member

Well, people have noticed in the WOL cutscene that Falcon's cabin interior looks different than usual, so it could be a tease like for Luigi's Mansion 3 in the Simon trailer.

This is purely conjecture, of course.
Additionally, Captain Falcon's Final Smash haz been updated. It's still basically the same but I'm pretty sure not only can you see the redesigned Blue Falcon but it also has flames bursting out of it

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
TBH a testsmash would be amazing. Mainly because this last month wait is going to be hell with all the papers and exams in the way...

I'm pretty doubtful of it though, that's the type of thing they'd announce in a Smash direct. Plus with Sakurai reiterating that there's going to be more events in North America to play I don't think we're getting one.
What's annoying about the event part about the Direct is that it's not like any new events were announced. It's just the same five or so at the college football games, none of which are near me. My college had its big home football game before they started the tour, so despite it being the largest college campus in the country, we didn't get it.

The importance of the announcement was that the full game would be demoed at future events, not just the E3 one, so the people in those areas are pretty lucky. I'm still waiting on some data regarding Dark Samus's differences from Samus, since we don't have anything that's conclusive, but I'm just one out of dozens of people who care, so I guess I'll just have to wait.

Oh well. We're only 31 days and some change away from launch, so it's basically just one more month. And it doesn't feel as long now that we know all the information and we can all just relax.

D

Deleted member

I want a cover of High Stakes In Mute City somewhere in the future.

Even outside of Smash.

Darkbeard

Smash Apprentice
I mean that's the dream. If Custom Robo does come back, I'll be a very VERY happy man. I'd be anticipating that far more than smash. I just really don't think it's actually going to happen, as sad as that is. The Mii costume is extremely encouraging, but I'm not going to let myself get my hopes up just yet.
Yeah, the Mii costume is better than nothing. Never thought I'd be side-maining Mii Gunner though, lol.

Ray could still get in as a DLC fighter with a Holosseum stage.

Truthfully, if Banjo-Kazooie gets in, my roster is complete, but if Ray gets in as well, my roster is PERFECTION.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If there is really a second direct in November, that will just add AGAIN more credibility to Spawn-Wave who was the first one to talk about it back in mind-october.
And if we ever get Metroid Prime 4 news during said Direct....MMMMMMMM, I can feel that DLC announcement at the VGA.

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
Sonic, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Bigs, Silver, Eggman from Sonic
Bayonetta, Jeanne, Rodin, Lumen Sage from Bayonetta
Ecco
Gilius Thunderhead, Ax Battler, Tyris Flare from Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
Beat from Jet Set Radio
NiGHTS, Wizeman and Reala from NiGHTS
THE CRAZY TAXI
Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue
Axel Stone from Streets of Rage
Akira from Virtua Fighter
Sonic needs Amy, Cream, Blaze and Rouge so there’s some female reps too. All these come above Big and maybe Silver.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Out of curiosity, who likes that Sakurai is making the DLC characters a surprise, and who would have preferred he just named them even without footage of said characters?
Making them a surprise gives us something to talk about and something to anticipate and look forward to. It also keeps hype going for after the game's release, which is a good decision overall.

That being said, I wish he hadn't stated the number of fighters, as once we get down to the last one or two things are going to get intense. Especially if three of our five are Sora, Steve, and Katalina.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not getting my hopes up for an F-Zero announcement. For all I know, Captain Falcon actually is in that rumored Star Fox racing game.

Although in all fairness, a Star Fox racing game does sound incredible. Can't wait to see the innuendo people make with seemingly innocent quotes. "Watch out, Fox! I'm riding your tail!"

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mate, you are aware of the recent trend with Star Fox games, no?
Recent trends in Zelda resulted with Breath of the Wild, even though they weren't the best. Pattern recognition is not the best way of predicting the future all the time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
More realistic for one per franchise each. Maybe even merge some.

Have Yoshi and Wario be part of Super Mario; Star Fox and F-Zero are merged; Ice Climber, Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt are merged; Pikmin and Animal Crossing are merged; Wii Fit, Punch-Out, and Mii are merged. Every third-party franchise gets their own.

That would be total of 17 each, or 34 in total.
Or just do it in chunks of 10?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Piranha Plant isn't getting it's own stage, but it will be sold separately from the bundle at some point.

Kinda makes me hopeful that we'll get more than just five characters, but I'm not pushing my luck.
Right? Even if Sakurai isn't in charge of making the extra characters, I'd still like to have them. Give the ropes to somebody else and see how well they do. He's gotta die eventually, so why not train someone up?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Recent trends in Zelda resulted with Breath of the Wild, even though they weren't the best. Pattern recognition is not the best way of predicting the future all the time.
Yeah, well those Zelda games were good. People are just mean.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Hurhrur time to flamebait

The Chad Sora and the Virgin Geno

Sora- Wears a size 20 shoe

Geno- Wears doll shoes.

kek. ( this is a joke no bully :()

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
View attachment 175961
I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about how cool it is Eternal Darkness is getting a reference. This is why I love the Spirits event matches :)

yeah, we talked about it a few pages agop and boi, it was a NICE surprise.

Yes. Where is the downside here?
Honestly I think that an outright Starfox x Fzero game could be very well received....

(and samus could be the guest character)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not getting my hopes up for an F-Zero announcement. For all I know, Captain Falcon actually is in that rumored Star Fox racing game.

Although in all fairness, a Star Fox racing game does sound incredible. Can't wait to see the innuendo people make with seemingly innocent quotes. "Watch out, Fox! I'm riding your tail!"
Yeah, I'm thinking they could have elements of both series in the same game, which would be cause for celebration indeed.

Now see, it was a game of telephone. No reason to jump to conclusions (yet), like Hitagi apparently seems to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom