• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Quick question, would you guys pay for an DLC update that doesn't include characters?

Say, for example, a 20 bucks update that add a break the targets and board the platform level per character, Home run contest, one aditional skin (plus 4 recolors) per character and stage builder?

(honestly is tons of work)
20 bucks for 80 different target levels and 80 different platform levels?

With Home-Run Contest, over 300 more skins and a mode I'll never use on top of that?

Dude, we're already robbing Nintendo hard enough with the base game. No need to do it for the DLC too. :V

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Purely for funsies.

Reaction time.

You're playing World of Spirits and near the end when out of nowhere a ship is approaching the Final Boss and about to crash.

Suddenly....

''GAWRSH SORA WE'RE GOING TO HIT HIM." rings out in an iconic voice.

What do you do?
Throw the controller to the screen.

Hearing Goofy's English voice still sounds weird

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a Mario kart direct

With mobile game info

And dlc for deluxe witb new grand pix and battle maps and characters

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
One of Atlus' most popular series is Persona and the most relevant protagonist is a certain god-shooting Phantom Thief.
Well tell me when Sakurai invents Time Travel in 2015.

Cuz if not, I think we're gonna be stuck with...

Uhhh...

TV Addict.
That's... all I got. Nicknames are hard.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's going to be OG KH because of Nomura's rageboner for it to push it somehow in every game he can, whenever it's flashback or not
>KHI
>Chain of memories
>KH II begining/Limit form
>KH 3D
>KH 358/2
>KH Re:Codec
>KH III Announcement Trailer

I tell you, we want KH II for that easy Alt for every form.
Or the Snazy KHIII

But it's going to be KH I
Look. I'll take Sora in any form, so long as it's not 3D Sora.

The only problem would be getting Hailey Joel Osmet to voice him because he can't even do the KH Sora voice any more (see: KH3D).

GrimPain

Smash Rookie
For Sega I can imagine, Axel from Street of Rage, Ristar, A Jet Set Radio character, Space Channel 5 Ulala. ALSO Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue.
Doubt that Ulala would get in but, I wouldn't be against it either.

Just gonna say Sega owns Atlus and Atlus's flagship series is SMT and the most popular mainline SMT protagonist is a certain half-demon tattooed god-puncher.
I would love for a SMT or Persona rep.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Question to Sora enthusiasts

How quickly would hearing Sanctuary bring you to tears in a Smash reveal?

I wouldn't cry at all :sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes::sadeyes: I just like chopping onions.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The only problem would be getting Hailey Joel Osmet to voice him because he can't even do the KH Sora voice any more (see: KH3D).
I mean, it took him time to get back to his usual Sora voice too, probably why we waited so long to finally have some English dub for KH III

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Yeah, Sora definitely feels like he'd use the KH2 design. He's certainly ingrained himself for the past THIRTEEN YEARS.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
I have game for you guys subject: Alternate history gaming game !

Here is the topic of this game guys:
So what if Sega won the Console war back in the 90's and Nintendo stopped producing console. With that in mind Sakurai get to work with Sega instead of Nintendo so what if Super Smash Bros were named Super Smash Chaos and that game featured Sega characters (instead of his alternate history gaming Nintendo one).

So today Super Smash Chaos would lunch with a new IP named Super Smash Chaos Ultimate who are in the game ? (You have between 70 to 80 slot of charaters to fil)

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well tell me when Sakurai invents Time Travel in 2015.

Cuz if not, I think we're gonna be stuck with...

Uhhh...

TV Addict.
That's... all I got. Nicknames are hard.
Yu Narukami is a victory in my book.

I'm also not sure that DLC was decided in 2015, and if they decided on Yu Narukami, I can imagine that they switched to Joker before development actually started.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

With Home-Run Contest, over 300 more skins and a mode I'll never use on top of that?

Dude, we're already robbing Nintendo hard enough with the base game. No need to do it for the DLC too. :V
yeah.. i think that 20 is kinda cheap... but i don't think people would buy something more expensive than 20 bucks.

I honestly would pay 20 bucks for teh break the targets levels alone. XD

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

If they'd even assed to get him to voice Sora at all that is.

That's one of my many fears about Sora in Smash Bros honestly.

Haley Joel is just Sora to me.

Though you know that also brings another potential point against the Disney elements as well.

Holy hell those Disney voice actors if brought into Smash Bros would not be cheap I'm sure.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
So everyone is talkin' about characters.
But, what 'bout the stages?

Which stage do you want as DLC?

If we are going to get Doom Guy, would be cool to have E1M1 as a stage, with his pixelated design, with monsters hangin around....

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yu Narukami is a victory in my book.

I'm also not sure that DLC was decided in 2015, and if they decided on Yu Narukami, I can imagine that they switched to Joker before development actually started.
Can't wait for doing all the 70+ Social Links as him!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If they'd even ***** to get him to voice Sora at all that is.

That's one of my many fears about Sora in Smash Bros honestly.

Haley Joel is just Sora to me.

Though you know that also brings another potential point against the Disney elements as well.

Holy hell those Disney voice actors if brought into Smash Bros would not be cheap I'm sure.
At that point, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai went "hell no, maybe next time" in the context of a tight schedule and settled for a Dragon Quest Hero, which aren't known for being chatty.

Purely for funsies.

Reaction time.

You're playing World of Spirits and near the end when out of nowhere a ship is approaching the Final Boss and about to crash.

Suddenly....

What do you do?
Smile like a doofus.

If we are going to get Doom Guy, would be cool to have E1M1 as a stage, with his pixelated design, with monsters hangin around....
Pac-Maze! That's the only missing returning stage I want. Especially if Ms. Pac-Man comes with it.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I have game for you guys subject: Alternate history gaming game !

Here is the topic of this game guys:
So what if Sega won the Console war back in the 90's and Nintendo stopped producing console. With that in mind Sakurai get to work with Sega instead of Nintendo so what if Super Smash Bros were named Super Smash Chaos and that game featured Sega characters (instead of his alternate history gaming Nintendo one).

So today Super Smash Chaos would lunch with a new IP named Super Smash Chaos Ultimate who are in the game ? (You have between 70 to 80 slot of charaters to fil)
>Sega AU Fanfiction
>Super Smash Chaos when it would likely be something like Sega All-Stars Battle Royale

There's no way to tell what a potential roster would look like given that a Nintendo-sized Sega would likely have a bunch of different IPs and second parties given the time that they've had to develop, and there's no way to guess how the third party landscape would look as well. It was Nintendo's blunder in CD gaming that created Playstation, so did they fail before that point, or after? Are the only two giants Sega and Microsoft? Would Pokémon have joined Sega, or would it have failed alongside Nintendo consoles? Would Sakurai even be in a position to work on such a game given this scenario? He made initially made Kirby for Nintendo, so if they went under would he continue HAL Laboratories or go work for a different company? Where does Iwata factor into all of this, given that he was highly influential in the creation of Smash Bros?

There's too many what ifs in this scenario to make a realistic guess without writing an entire alternate history. That sounds kind of fun though, so I'll likely address this over the upcoming weekend. Look forward to that I guess.

Also, I doubt a Sega mascot fighter would gain the same traction given that Sega's only prominent IP was Sonic, compared to Nintendo which had Donkey Kong, Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon right out of the gate.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Purely for funsies.

Reaction time.

Suddenly....

What do you do?
Stand up.
Walk away.
Come back 5 minutes later to see my sister playing Smash for the first time because she loves anything Disney related.

D

Deleted member

-Minecraft stage.
-The Warp Room from Crash Warped (works like Kalos’ League).
-Spiral Mountain.
-A flying level from Spyro (works like Mario Kart 8’s stage).
-Tekken stage.
-Twilight Town or Destiny’s Island.
-Bowser’s Castle from SMRPG.
-A stage from Metroid Prime Hunters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
>Sega AU Fanfiction
>Super Smash Chaos when it would likely be something like Sega All-Stars Battle Royale

There's no way to tell what a potential roster would look like given that a Nintendo-sized Sega would likely have a bunch of new IPs, second parties, and third parties.

Also, I doubt a Sega mascot fighter would gain the same traction given that Sega's only prominent IP was Sonic, compared to Nintendo which had Donkey Kong, Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokémon right out of the gate.
Just add Hatsune Miku. Now which game sells more?

I know it's nearly impossible, but it's a funny thought

StormC

Smash Hero

If it's true that :ultpiranha: is getting its own stage, I pray and pray it's Pipe Maze. I've wanted a SMB3 stage since Melee and Pipe Maze would rule.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If Sora somehow against all odds got into Smash then he would be the only one referenced. I can't imagine anyone else from the Disney canon being in his moveset or descriptions.

Best you might get Duck Hunt posing with him in his Classic Clear picture. He'd otherwise appear as a jointly owned RPG character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If it's true that :ultpiranha: is getting its own stage, I pray and pray it's Pipe Maze. I've wanted a SMB3 stage since Melee and Pipe Maze would rule.
It's incorrect. When you're purchasing :ultpiranha:, you're only purchasing :ultpiranha:.

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Please you know deep down that Agumon is the only answer he is the OG Main Digimon.
shhhh don't talk too loudly about agumon, he might hear us

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
>Sega AU Fanfiction

There's no way to tell what a potential roster would look like given that a Nintendo-sized Sega would likely have a bunch of new IPs, second parties, and third parties.

Well we can imagine that Street of Rage would have pursue success, Ristar would have more than one episode, Jet Set Radio play a little like Splatoon, maybe Pokemon would have been a Sega IP ? Virtua Fighter would have been a big Franchise on par with Street Fighter. Alex Kidd would still kick ass with his Janken move.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's incorrect. When you're purchasing :ultpiranha:, you're only purchasing :ultpiranha:.
Wasn't it mentioned somewhere on the Smash site that it comes with a stage?

It also fills out the six empty spots perfectly, since there's that + the other 5 DLC stages.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Screenshot_20181105-142519~2.png

I'm honestly surprised I haven't seen anyone talk about how cool it is Eternal Darkness is getting a reference. This is why I love the Spirits event matches :)

Also if there is a direct this week I'd be doubtful of Smash info....mayyyybe a test smash. But idk.
Honestly they should do one, for the sake of the servers.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well we can imagine that Street of Rage would have pursue success, Ristar would have more than one episode, Jet Set Radio play a little like Splatoon, maybe Pokemon would have been a Sega IP ? Virtua Fighter would have been a big Franchise on par with Street Fighter. Alex Kidd would still kick *** with his Janken move.
There are still too many what ifs in this scenario, and Sega would likely have a bunch of new IPs similar to how Nintendo gained IPs over the years.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wasn't it mentioned somewhere on the Smash site that it comes with a stage?

It also fills out the six empty spots perfectly, since there's that + the other 5 DLC stages.
Source Gaming made a video about it recently. They confirmed it with the Nintendo NA. He's not a part of the packs, so no music or stage with him.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

if they add doom marine i think that the thing i would be most hype is that friggin tracks.

Wonder if we could squeeze some of Heretic OST somewhere :3

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

With Home-Run Contest, more skins and a mode I'll never use on top of that?

More realistic for one per franchise each. Maybe even merge some.

Have Yoshi and Wario be part of Super Mario; Star Fox and F-Zero are merged; Ice Climber, Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt are merged; Pikmin and Animal Crossing are merged; Wii Fit, Punch-Out, and Mii are merged. Every third-party franchise gets their own.

That would be total of 17 each, or 34 in total.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Piranha Plant isn't getting it's own stage, but it will be sold separately from the bundle at some point.

Kinda makes me hopeful that we'll get more than just five characters, but I'm not pushing my luck.

D

Deleted member

If Elma is in, I would love NLA or maybe just a stage that travels around Mira

If Rex somehow makes it, Olethro Ruins or a traveling stage set on Azurda would be cool

If Skull Kid, then Clock Tower 100%

If god feels especially nice and gives us Midna, the Twilight Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom