• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Would you rather have brutal honesty from me or sugarcoating and magic fairytales? Because the latter ain't my style.
When I pop off I pop off hard. :090:
Did I ever say I'd rather ever have you "sugarcoating your magical fairytales"? Nope. I know that you're gonna be a jackass when you respond, love it or hate it, I was just trying to point out that you completely disregarded me going "Well Hey...Different Mindsets", and THAT doesn't feel like your style, either.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
A fan tweeted a really well-done Sora Splash Screen at him and he responded "Yes!" before deleting it.
Even better he was asked "Please Hashimoto-San?" and he just answered "YES!"
If he did confirm Sora like that, it will be the best Leak ever, and I will laugh forever.
DnkqNZfU8AAY-Ce.jpg

Maybe it's just to show his support, but with how Sonic fast he deleted the tweet, it's suspicious

D

Deleted member

Hey guys for the people who are sad about an Isaac being an assist trophy, I suggest another one Isaac a bit more gruesome lol

I bet this guy would smash some eyeball lol.

Thanks the information now I have more insight of what might going on.
>EA in Smash

Look, Dead Space may be great... but don’t bring EA here.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If he did confirm Sora like that, it will be the best Leak ever, and I will laugh forever.
View attachment 175700

Maybe it's just to show his support, but with how Sonic fast he deleted the tweet, it's suspicious
I mean, "take that down because you're giving away our secret" is only as likely as "take that down because you're getting their hopes up".

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
View attachment 175700

See this makes it even more confusing to me because it was clearly a question by a fan. It wouldn't have been the well done Splash Screen any non-Smash fan like, potentially, Hashimoto would believe. It was clearly fan-made due to the context.

So if he STILL ****ed up...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
>EA in Smash

Look, Dead Space may be great... but don’t bring EA here.
Unless we get a The Sims stage, that is.

Akin to Mario Maker, people will randomly build houses and delete stuff. Don't get in the pool without a ladder!

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So Japan hates :ultpiranha:? And they’re blaming the Western fanbase for it?

Huh, that’s actually kinda suprising.

I guess they really wanted Isaac, Geno, and Banjo too.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am thinking that the Minecraft content said by Vergeben is found within Spirits mode for the base game, as the form of a boss and costume. We might find out about that very soon when early copies of the game are given by reviewers.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Did I ever say I'd rather ever have you "sugarcoating your magical fairytales"? Nope. I know that you're gonna be a ******* when you respond, love it or hate it
Thanks, dad.

I was just trying to point out that you completely disregarded me going "Well Hey...Different Mindsets", and THAT doesn't feel like your style, either.
It isn't, not when I still got something I haven't said. I don't like when people retreat from arguments prematurely; it wasn't even hostile.

View attachment 175700

A similar thing happened before IIRC, and it ended in said character obviously not being revealed.
Probably got pressured from people assuming it was real.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Some more from the same stream:

LOTS of people crying out for Reimu(Touhou) and Saber(Fate/Stay)

EQUALLY as many people ****ting on them

LOTS of banter about how Fate/Grand Order(Fate's mobile game) is ****

Unironic Sans support

People blaming us Westerners for Piranha Plant because Smash sells better in the west???

"Golden Sun is a dead series only popular in the west"

People swearing that if a Fate/Stay character gets in, they will find the grave of whoever they're based on and **** on it

Bashing LGPE

And racism towards Koreans
...what the actual ****?!? (Okay, half of these aren't terrible (Reimu and Sans support aren't bad things, and Saber support isn't bad either), but "blame the West for Pirahna Plant"? Mocking Golden Sun for being dead? Threatening to disrespect the dead? Racism in general? My, oh my, talk about a lot of unwelcome behavior...

E5639626-1E7C-4BA9-B93F-2E905A2CB8EC.png

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Thanks, dad.

It isn't, not when I still got something I haven't said. I don't like when people retreat from arguments prematurely; it wasn't even hostile.

A similar thing happened before IIRC, and it ended in said character obviously not being revealed.
Alright mayne.

So Japan hates :ultpiranha:? And they’re blaming the Western fanbase for it?

Huh, that’s actually kinda suprising.
Using some bad eggs in Japan means we can no longer complain people using bad eggs to represent the USA or Europe.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Thanks, dad.

Last time it happened it was with Warioware creator that deleted a retweet about CLEAR SMASH SUPPORT not like...Answering stuff
And sadly, Hashimoto is a famous tongue slipper
I will still take it as him showing his support, but with the recent development, it"s clearly suspicious and good take in mind. Not as evidence, but just to think about it later when whoever at Square-Enix get revealed

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hey guys, as some people have been sad because of the whole Grinch leak and some characters not making it in, I got an idea for a pretty nice concept. Instead of completely adding characters, some highly requested characters could be temporary transformations you could take control of in battle through a ´´Character Mask´´. This would enable Nintendo to add in characters which are more important than Assist Trophies/Pokeballs, but not as important as an actual fighter.

The spawn rate of these masks should be lower than that of Assist Trophies/Pokeballs as they are a bit more powerful. As with the summon items there are multiple characters you can transform into, Geno was just the obvious example.
Hope you guys like the general idea as they could change up battles a lot.
That is... actually really freaking cool, and I would love to see something like this happen.

beans

Smash Lord
Man, with the Japan thing about Pirana Plant (not using pp, its dirty) this whole scene just looks like Hot Potato of blaming the other country for it.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
I wonder what the Japanese think of Dark Samus, a character designed by Americans who appears in a game trilogy made by Americans which sold extremely terribly in Japan and was in a series that doesn't sell well to begin with.

But do they truly hate Metroid so much? I thought it was just Prime that sold miserably there. Maybe this is why we have only had two reps for so long? :urg:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
The Smash community has some rotten oranges regardless of whether from the U.S., Japan, or anywhere else, but is anyone that surprised.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hey guys for the people who are sad about an Isaac being an assist trophy, I suggest another one Isaac a bit more gruesome lol

If EA somehow gets a character, the only one that I feel would have even the slightest chance would be Commander Shepard and they are probably the only EA character who wouldn't get such a negative reception, especially if Shepard has alot from the original Mass Effect. Sure, there will be some people ticked by the thought of EA in Smash in general, but considering how popular the original Mass Effect is, I'm pretty sure Shepard's reception would be more positive than negative.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't think no one saw that Saber support. :smirk: I can't wait to see how much you'll support her if Katalina does get in.

We need more Spirit Possession parodies, like what happened with Samus & Shantae. Where's artwork of Owain possessing Chrom or Big the Cat possessing Incineroar?
By then it'll be too late.
And while I genuinely want Saber now(currently Number 4 from my most wanted that aren't assists), back when I made her thread, I was doing it for the memes like "haha this is gonna make so many people pissed off" but then I was writing the thread and went "oh... oh ****... I might actually want this ****" and then it got the most support out of all my threads.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

No, he stays in Playstation All-Stars where he belongs...
We don't need no EA rep in my Smash Bros

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know what's more shocking, nicknaming Ridley Captain America or that a lot of Japan supposedly knows Captain America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom