• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Real talk here!

I want to know something about Rhythm Heaven.

Would you prefer a Rhythm Heaven character to be in 3D, or a 2D?
Also, should it be a single character? Chorus Kids/Men 3 combinative, or something like Smashified's "Rhythm Troupe"?
No one?
Still think it would be an interesting discussion.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Hypothetical: All of the 3rd-parties don't come back, but their movesets do(including Snake's) and are tweaked and retooled as necessary and given to Nintendo characters instead. Which characters do their movesets go to?

Mine would be:

:snake: - Sami (Advance Wars) or Pico (F-Zero)
Of anybody "inheriting" Snake's moveset in some capacity, I've seen these two brought up the most. I give Sami the edge personally because I love her character, Advance Wars needs representation, and Project M turned me onto the idea of her having a toonified variant of Snake's moveset, but Pico's a good choice too and it would give F-Zero some more representation, especially if we never get Goroh or Black Shadow.

:4sonic: - Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
This is the obvious choice and I doubt you could find a better character to match it.

:4megaman: - *shrug*
Metroid seems like the obvious choice but I can't think of anybody that'd fit.

:4pacman: - *shrug*
I got nothing.

:4ryu: - Blaziken (Pokémon)
This one was hard since Mario's basically already Ryu, but the only character I could actually think of that could conceivably "inherit" Ryu's moveset would be Blaziken.

:4cloud2: - Impa (Zelda)
Specifically taking inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors incarnation. I can't think of a character that even uses a giant sword that isn't Ike or an inconsequential Fire Emblem side character, and I wouldn't be looking for the latter to show up over Impa who has way more relevance, importance to her main series, and also popularity.

:4bayonetta2: - *shrug*
Not very many people - if any - that could conceivably fit, unless you went with someone like Pauline for the out-of-character lulz.
:snake:Andy?
:4sonic:Dillon indeed.
:4bayonetta2:Joanna Dark is Nintendo, right?
:4ryu:Fighter Hayabusa
:4megaman:Dark Samus/Chibi-Robo
:4cloud2:Magnus
:4pacman:Sharpedo, I guess. Just replace his fruit, pellets, and trampoline with water.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I wouldn't mind Wario's fart move being changed but removing the bike and replacing it with a boring charge move....just no
My idea for a middleground is making his side-smash the charge, where charging it up makes you go farther and/or faster. You can jump with it or turn around during the charge just like Wario Land, but can't cancel it.

Replace down air with ground pound. Make grab punch shaking the opponent like Wario Land: Shake It.

Now you've got a perfect Wario that represents both WarioWare and Wario Land fully.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hypothetical: All of the 3rd-parties don't come back, but their movesets do(including Snake's) and are tweaked and retooled as necessary and given to Nintendo characters instead. Which characters do their movesets go to?

Mine would be:

Of anybody "inheriting" Snake's moveset in some capacity, I've seen these two brought up the most. I give Sami the edge personally because I love her character, Advance Wars needs representation, and Project M turned me onto the idea of her having a toonified variant of Snake's moveset, but Pico's a good choice too and it would give F-Zero some more representation, especially if we never get Goroh or Black Shadow.

This is the obvious choice and I doubt you could find a better character to match it.

I got nothing.

This one was hard since Mario's basically already Ryu, but the only character I could actually think of that could conceivably "inherit" Ryu's moveset would be Blaziken.

Specifically taking inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors incarnation. I can't think of a character that even uses a giant sword that isn't Ike or an inconsequential Fire Emblem side character, and I wouldn't be looking for the latter to show up over Impa who has way more relevance, importance to her main series, and also popularity.

Not very many people - if any - that could conceivably fit, unless you went with someone like Pauline for the out-of-character lulz.
Most of the third-parties we have right now are so unique, I couldn't imagine anyone else having a moveset similar to theirs.

Although now that I think about it, could Dr. Kawashima from Brain Age work as a Pac-Man clone? Life's greatest question right here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mine would be:

I got nothing.

:snake: - Sami
:4sonic: - Dillon
:4megaman: - Dark Samus
:4pacman: - IDK
:4ryu: - Knuckle Joe
:4cloud: - Zeke
:4bayonetta: - IDK

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
What do you think about a "Wild Arms" representative:

Rudy Roughnight for Smash Bros.
If Cloud was included in Smash, why not Rudy?

Reminder that Rudy wasn't included in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
What do you think about a "Wild Arms" representative:

Who?

That about sums up the difference between him and Cloud. :p

Also Wild Arms is a Sony 1st-party series..

D

Deleted member

What do you think about a Wild Arms representative:

Wild Arms is a Sony IP, though. Whereas Cloud is owned by a third party company not in any competition with Nintendo.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Sony and Playstation are almost the same thing because they worked together.
Do you think that Sony IP in smash is a good idea?

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Rudy is a cool character. I remember his name coming up a lot in the lead-up to PSASBR when people were still trying to figure out the characters before the big leak that revealed everyone and brought out the "Cloud/Snake/Crash/Spyro are still coming guys!" deniers. Was kinda sad he didn't make it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sony and Playstation are almost the same thing because they worked together.
Do you think that Sony IP in smash is a good idea?
I don't think it's any more of an issue then any other 3rd party. Are Nintendo and Sony able to reach a agreement though? I find it extremely unlikely. Sony and Nintendo do not have the greatest history together and Sony is kind of stand offish with it's competitors these days giving some of the weird battles with cross-platform play and things of that sort in the last few years.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wario's bike is awesome. Don't replace it with generic shoulder bash.
Instead make shoulder bash the dash or incorporate it into a throw or slap it back as his Forward Smash.

Although, I like his Forward Smash animation as it it is now.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Thought I would post this here.
I doubt Sakurai would go this direction with a Rhythm Heaven character, but it's still cool nonetheless.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I just don’t understand the Ridley argument when this is exactly what I want

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tEbEnmA9b1M

Heck you could even shrink him a little bit more and I’d be fine with that. Is fans can do it why can’t sakurai?
They honestly don't have much of an argument not to include Ridley. Sakurai knows hes demanded so just add him already.

Also the rumors of his inclusion and reveal trailer coming soon (Sounds like E3) give me hope he'll be in.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I think a cool Wario mechanic would be changing his DSpecial move to ground pound. Neutral B becomes Pot Swap. In his Neutral state, Wario is Viking Wario, giving him a charge move and a ground pound. Press Special again and he becomes Dragon Wario, able to shoot a stream of fire from his head. Press special again to become Jet Wario. He can do an extended charge on the ground, and even fly horizontally when in the air. Or just incorporate those moves into his moveset other ways.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Sometimes reps are hiding in plain sight

Low key Bandanna Dee support included

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

If they were just putting those butterflies in the games to introduce Morpho Knight, I think my mind would be blown. It's already 75% blown already.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342

Wow, people pay better attention then I do when it comes to what seems like minor details lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
They honestly don't have much of an argument not to include Ridley. Sakurai knows hes demanded so just add him already.

Also the rumors of his inclusion and reveal trailer coming soon (Sounds like E3) give me hope he'll be in.
To be completely fair, the inherent problem has less to do with the ability to do so and more to do with the final product. Conspiracy theory inbound; however, I am sure he has attempted it and it looked off to him so he scrapped it. That being said, I still agree with you, the argument loses validity when there are virtually no better choices to add and I doubt he is going to be a boss again, so, Ridley has to move forward somehow. Again, I nominate as "the announcer." Everyone wants someone to return, but I just want something different, fam.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
They have used that butterfly for so long that I think it was just an intentional decision to have it transform into Morpho Knight, but I do not think it was planned out from its first appearance.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Ridley is too big, Mother Brain is a mammoth.

Sylux is really the only choice besides Ridley if you ask me.
Sylux would still be an odd inclusion, obviously we know he'll have a bigger role in Prime 4, but with it being likely to release in 2019 I think it's more than fair to say it'd be too late for the base roster, until then he remains a very obscure character with limited moveset potential and barely any notable characteristics, he'd quite easily be one of the least notable characters in the entire roster in terms of importance and star power. That could easily change with Prime 4 for of course, in fact I'm certain it will, but we're talking DLC in that case.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
They have used that butterfly for so long that I think it was just an intentional decision to have it transform into Morpho Knight, but I do not think it was planned out from its first appearance.
I just hope they won't stop using it after that scene. I've grown attached to the little thing.

*Edited because of spoiler*

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Sylux would still be an odd inclusion, obviously we know he'll have a bigger role in Prime 4, but with it being likely to release in 2019 I think it's more than fair to say it'd be too late for the base roster, until then he remains a very obscure character with limited moveset potential and barely any notable characteristics, he'd quite easily be one of the least notable characters in the entire roster in terms of importance and star power. That could easily change with Prime 4 for of course, in fact I'm certain it will, but we're talking DLC in that case.
I still believe that this has been known for awhile and has played a role in Federation Force, it is a possibility that Smash wants to introduce us to the concept. Similar to Corrin to the West. Albeit, we saw her in marketing. But that is the thing, there is going to be marketing for Prime 4 at e3 simultaneous to Smash marketing. Perfect opportunity, really.

I still find Ridley more likely, for the base game, that is, but still. The possibility is undeniably there.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be against it (his design is completely rad, and I do love butterflies), but Kirby intros won't be the same without this little butterfly aimlessly fluttering.
It wouldn't mean we still wouldn't see the butterfly in the intro. Just seems like for as canonical as that boss fight may or may not be, Galacta Knight is kinda dead now.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I still believe that this has been known for awhile and has played a role in Federation Force, it is a possibility that Smash wants to introduce us to the concept. Similar to Corrin to the West. Albeit, we saw her in marketing. But that is the thing, there is going to be marketing for Prime 4 at e3 simultaneous to Smash marketing. Perfect opportunity, really.

I still find Ridley more likely, for the base game, that is, but still. The possibility is undeniably there.
It could happen of course, we've known that Sylux would eventually play an important role since 2007 with Prime 3's secret ending (which is basically where all of his popularity stems from), but I don't even think Sylux's concept in Prime 4 would have been fully fleshed out when this game's roster was being decided, it'd certainly be difficult to draw any moveset based on his upcoming appearance, and Metroid doesn't have the same privilege as Pokémon where they can just reserve a spot. I think the more safe approach would be to plan him as DLC that would release around the same time as Prime 4 so they can make him properly faithful to his newest incarnation, and it would still prove to be a very good marketing ploy for Prime 4.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My number 1 most wanted character is a custom robo rep. Do people think that has any chance of happening or does that one go in my "pipe dream that will never actually happen" folder along with The Black Knight from path of radiance and Joker from persona 5?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It wouldn't mean we still wouldn't see the butterfly in the intro. Just seems like for as canonical as that boss fight may or may not be, Galacta Knight is kinda dead now.
Yet we had some characters revived from the dead before Smash (Ice Climbers, Pit, etc)

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Dear now I want Morpho Knight as a skin for Meta Knight in Smash.

The worse part is that it has next to zero chance to happen.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
It could happen of course, we've known that Sylux would eventually play an important role since 2007 with Prime 3's secret ending (which is basically where all of his popularity stems from), but I don't even think Sylux's concept in Prime 4 would have been fully fleshed out when this game's roster was being decided, it'd certainly be difficult to draw any moveset based on his upcoming appearance, and Metroid doesn't have the same privilege as Pokémon where they can just reserve a spot. I think the more safe approach would be to plan him as DLC that would release around the same time as Prime 4 so they can make him properly faithful to his newest incarnation, and it would still prove to be a very good marketing ploy for Prime 4.
I would not be so sure of that, with Sakurai stating that he more or less added Zero Suit just to have another Metroid character and Ridley's insane popularity but his unwillingness to make it happen, he might have gone out of his way himself to reserve a spot for Sylux. You never know. He could be low priority and still have a shot.

The safest approach would absolutely be DLC and that is still the most likely; however, I do believe that Sylux has a much greater chance than some people are letting on. That might just be me, though.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
SMH this thread's not even bothering to ****ing spoiler tag a hidden postgame surprise of a game that isn't even 2 weeks old yet
What are you talking about, my posts have been spoiled the whole time.

Ignore that "last edited" notification, it means nothing and is obviously lying to incriminate me.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, no matter what Sakurai does with the clones, he loses.

He decides to change their movesets? Fans complain that he changed them.
He decides to make them alts? Fans complain that they deserve better.
He doesn't change their movesets? Fans complain that they're still clones.
He cuts them? Fans complain that he removed them.
He keeps them? Fans complain that they're still on the roster.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai has a suppressed fear of clone characters.
Welcome to the Smash community in a nutshell with clones. I hate how us fans are always complaining about stuff. I mean Sakurai deserves a break, considering he sacrificed his health and time for our enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom