• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Also in case I'm not here for page 6969 (which is a possibility), can someone take up my mantle and post Yoshi... stuff?
I got you and your boi*. :yoshi:

*unless I fall asleep in the middle of the day, which is a likely possibility

ekc

Smash Cadet
Darkest timeline, after talking Let’s Go in the first direct, they transition to Smash and there he is Incineroar with a super effective leak killer attack.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Darkest timeline, after talking Let’s Go in the first direct, they transition to Smash and there he is Incineroar with a super effective leak killer attack.
Yo THAT'S actually best timeline and a true Heel situation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This whole thing is giving me an ulcer, even if my most wanted is the second least doubted from the Grinch leak after Ken. Kind of hoping that the Grinch leak is only wrong in how it's missing characters like how a number of insiders are currently implying.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Nah, it's the best timeline cause then Sakurai is closer to releasing a Smash game without the full roster leaking
Nah it's better off a game leaking and having an amazing roster than getting suprised and having a bad roster. In the long run suprise is short lived and playing as the character you want is all that matters.

Edit: Just talking in general. I'm really happy with this games' newcomers so far especially K. Rool. But I'm just saying like I'd rather it leak and get Banjo than it be a suprise and get Steve.

Last edited:

ekc

Smash Cadet
Nah, it's the best timeline cause then Sakurai is closer to releasing a Smash game without the full roster leaking
I get that, but I want Banjo more than I want to be surprised, even if I’m on team fake.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah it's better off a game leaking and having an amazing roster than getting suprised and having a ****ty roster. In the long run suprise is short lasted and playing as the character you want is all that matters.
****ty roster=:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultisabelle::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultchrom:+

...ok

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nah it's better off a game leaking and having an amazing roster than getting suprised and having a ****ty roster. In the long run suprise is short lived and playing as the character you want is all that matters.
it's a good thing the game already doesn't have a ****ty roster

Confirmation

Smash Ace
This whole thing is giving me an ulcer, even if my most wanted is the second least doubted from the Grinch leak after Ken. Kind of hoping that the Grinch leak is only wrong in how it's missing characters like how a number of insiders are currently implying.
There's a second place? I thought Geno Isaac and Shadow were all this nebulous cloud of insiders being completely unsure.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Are people seriously volunteering to post Yoshi "fan art" for Zinith when we get to page 6969?

I hope you people understand what that entails.
I don't worry, I'm pretty sure they all will post the absolute most "appropriate" art of my boi...

Certainly more appropriate than I would post at least :yoshi:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nah it's better off a game leaking and having an amazing roster than getting suprised and having a ****ty roster. In the long run suprise is short lived and playing as the character you want is all that matters.
So... it's a ****ty roster despite you having been obsessed with the blog to the point that if they were late you went "OMG WE'RE GETTING K.ROOL" only to sigh in disappointment when they were just late due to natural disasters?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I mean, I hope it's real, but it's already the best roster in Smash, and has been that way since E3, as everyone is here.

As for newcomer roster, I agree--but that's because I haven't played a game with any of the unique newcomers, but that's ****ty luck. 5-ish seems too low as well, whereas 10-11 makes much more sense and is compatible with his statements. The only trailer I got any type of personal hype for was King K Rool, though that's because of the Rare vibes making me nostalgic for a game I hadn't played. :upsidedown:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Btw, in the darkest timeline Ultimate is just a port, DLC isn't included and only newcomer is Waluigi.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
So... it's a ****ty roster despite you having been obsessed with the blog to the point that if they were late you went "OMG WE'RE GETTING K.ROOL" only to sigh in disappointment when they were just late due to natural disasters?
Maybe my sense of time is off, but wasn't K. Rool before any natural disasters?

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Okay so this is probably too much to ask for but if the stars could align just right for us to get character 69 on page 6969 that would be completely amazing

Wambo

Smash Ace
So, Grinch leak hasn't been disproved yet, right?

This is going to be an interesting/hard month.

Wambo

Smash Ace
A pretty glaring error in it has been though, Greninja's in the foreground yet his tongue's gotten quite a bit shorter
And this isn't because weird quality? Remember Chrom's bent sword, could be a similar issue.

Heh. "Bent sword".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's a second place? I thought Geno Isaac and Shadow were all this nebulous cloud of insiders being completely unsure.
Isaac seems to have the most doubt of the three. I guess you could say Geno and Shadow are virtually tied though. What it's looking like if I've been staying on top of everything:

1. Ken (been unshaken since August)
2. Geno - Shadow (basically in the same place they were before the Grinch)
4. Isaac (mixed bag of doubt and confidence)
5. Chorus Kids (like Isaac but to a stronger degree)
6. Banjo (most imply they've heard nothing good or bad about him)
7. Mach Rider (implied to be an AT or the only fake character by people who have said anything)

Even then, the biggest gripes seem to be that it's missing characters and that one of the characters (very heavily implied to be Mach Rider) is actually an AT.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, Emily posted that the assumption is the Grinch banner is the full roster. Who thinks it's real that assumes that, and why could they possibly have any reason to assume that? The only reasonable assumption, to me, is that's the characters that will be released prior to that particular event the hanger is being used at. It's not the banner that will be released on the website prior to launch or in the final Direct (could be, but no reason to assume it has to be the case). It does not directly contradict missing characters--the only real roadblock is adding the missing characters to the banner, that's overboard in terms of how many characters could likely be announced in the final month. The one direct contradiction to the banner would be a character on the banner who's not playable (which is Mystic's reasons for doubting it, and is a much better case against the banner)

If this is the assumption insiders have against the banner--that's exactly the flawed assumption that make me doubt their conclusion in the first place. Having been said, we'll know soon enough anyways, as it only takes one character art reveal to make or break the banner. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Don't expect an announcement today by the way :secretkpop:
Tomorrow.

If I'm wrong about today then good, even better, but I personally don't expect a drop of information from an official source until tomorrow.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And this isn't because weird quality? Remember Chrom's bent sword, could be a similar issue.

Heh. "Bent sword".
I can get an ugly camera angle making the Falchion look bent. I can't get that removing like, a quarter of his tongue scarf
I think Team Real argued the tongue was blocked by Snake's Nikita and thus is not a true debunk.
Doubt it cause there's a space at the front of the Nikita that would allow the pink pixel to get stuck between the black colour of the Nikita. People found green pixels on Olimar so if the same can be done I'd agree but I haven't seen anyone track the pixels. Also, judging by the shape the tongue seems to be a bit higher with it's positioning unless it gets wider in the middle for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom