• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I mean, I'd want to say another Konami rep like Simon or Bomberman would be the safest picks in that regard, but modern-day Konami and their repulation, as well as Sakurai and Kojima's relationship, makes that chance a bit more... Muddy.

If we're talking purely JAPANESE third parties, it's kinda hard to top the likes of Cloud for "wow" factor. We've had Sega, Capcom, Namco, Square Enix, Konami... Kinda running out of 'big' Japanese third party companies from what I can gather.
I wouldn't worry about those factors for anyone outside possibly Snake (which is a different can of worm all together). In fact, this is the first, and likely not the last, shot Simon Belmont and Bomberman have at the roster.

If modern-day reputation was going to stop a third-party character, then how did Sonic or Mega Man even get in? During pre-Brawl, people thought Sonic wouldn't get in because of how bad the Sonic games were and Sega's declining reputation. Pre-Smash 4, Mega Man was thought by many as impossible because people claimed Capcom was killing the franchise (which in hindsight, wasn't an unfounded concern) and Capcom's tattered reputation during the early 2010s. Yet both got in to wide acclaim and the latter has another installment (which I would argue is because of Smash) coming. IP legacy trumps inactivity and smeared images and Konami is no exception.

In fact, Castlevania and Bomberman are seeing a resurgence; the former has a successful anime while Bomberman got a new game a year ago that not only sold well but is also being ported to Xbox One, PS4, and Steam. Both are already in better health than Mega Man was while he was being decided for the franchise.

If we want Simon Belmont and Bomberman in Smash, we need to speak up and push for their inclusion. We've proven that a company can have multiple third-party characters and Konami has at least three iconic franchises with a compelling case to put their franchise in. Furthermore, there's no reason to worry about Konami rejecting either characters or even asking for exorbitant prices because like everyone else, they want characters they own in Smash. It's up to Nintendo to decide who they will add.
Here's another fun "Discussion" topic.

Pick one character you'd like to see in Smash from each of the following categories:

Nintendo Character from the 80s:
Nintendo Character from the 90s:
Nintendo Character from the 2000s (Before 2010):
Nintendo Character from a "Modern" title (2010-Present):
Smash Represented Series that only has 1-2 reps in Smash, Including Third Parties (F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Mother, etc):
Character who is an Assist Trophy currently:

My own list:
-Balloon Fighter
-I want to say Geno but for those who believe that doesn't count, Ray (Custom Robo)
-Chibi Robo
- Min Min (ARMS)
-Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade 2)
-Lyn (Fire Emblem)

If your character falls under more than one category, or is from a series already in Smash, that's fine.
Nintendo Character from the 80s: Ridley
Nintendo Character from the 90s: King K. Rool
Nintendo Character from the 2000s (Before 2010): Starfy
Nintendo Character from a "Modern" title (2010-Present): Bandana Dee
Smash Represented Series that only has 1-2 reps in Smash, Including Third Parties (F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Mother, etc): King K. Rool
Character who is an Assist Trophy currently: Starfy
Crash and Rayman were popular in Japan?

I'm saying this because of their inclusion on Smash.
I don't know about Rayman but Crash was certainly popular there with the PlayStation installments. He's going to get a large fan base for Smash, especially if he gets new games.
Ok, so I have a topic for you all. Personally, I feel the possibility of a Japanese third party newcomer getting in Smash is very likely to happen. For an iconic third-party, what kind of character could you see getting in? We've had shocking additions like Cloud and Snake, whose series is mainly have more history with other platforms like Sony than Nintendo. What Japanese third-party could be the next surprising step up above Cloud and Snake?
I'd argue that Bomberman has the best shot of any third-party. The only question to ask is if Sakurai will acquire him and with all that he has going for him, it's definitely plausible.
I really hope they can release the game before leaks happen. We're so close to release and they've still managed to keep everything secret.

I've been considering using a second YouTube account to avoid video game related content showing up in my feed, taking Nintendo Life out of my bookmarks, and possibly unfriend some people from Facebook.

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding the evasion of leaks? And do you think we'll be able to avoid them? I mean obviously people will get review copies early, but what do you guys think?
Honestly, I would just shut down all Internet-related activity for a month outside of necessary stuff (and even then, no social media).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The most surprising in a good way and unexpected non-Nintendo inclusion would be Master Chief.
Ready to start humping on people who I am better than at in For Glory. :troll:
The most surprising non-Nintendo inclusion would probably be one from Sony.
This one I can agree on. Crash Bandicoot would not be that surprising, but really good. :)

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Well.... looks like there are more reasons to add Laboman in Smash Bros.
That tank could really be his final smash if he gets in, but then again there are so many options.
Laboman might sound weird, but he has a lot of move-set potential. Laboman's new alt looks really good as well.
Thoughts of Laboman in Smash Bros.? :p
I still think Giant Robot is more fleshed out. Plus hes Miyamotos creation, and all of his main series creations have been represented as a playable character or AT (Excite Bike, Devil World and Nintendogs).

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I asked the other guys on the Source Gaming Discord, and we have came to the consensus that the only way Sakurai could surprise us in terms of third-parties is have an iconic Western 3rd party like Rayman or Crash be added to the game. TBH I feel like agreeing to that, that can only be the next step.
We need to make #CrashInSmashOrIt'sTrash a trending hashtag on Twitter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The most surprising in a good way and unexpected non-Nintendo inclusion would be Master Chief.

This one I can agree on. Crash Bandicoot would not be that surprising, but really good. :)
Right but Crash isn't a Sony cha-

nvm

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can give other reasons, why I think XB2 is more likely the Xenoblade X, but that would be spoilers for all three Xenoblade games
Yeah, always be spoilers free when mentioning spoilers....
Tbh I think XC2 is probably the easiest to get spoiled compare to other two Xenoblade games.
Worse : maybe it's not even Mario.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't worry about those factors for anyone outside possibly Snake (which is a different can of worm all together). In fact, this is the first, and likely not the last, shot Simon Belmont and Bomberman have at the roster.

If modern-day reputation was going to stop a third-party character, then how did Sonic or Mega Man even get in? During pre-Brawl, people thought Sonic wouldn't get in because of how bad the Sonic games were and Sega's declining reputation. Pre-Smash 4, Mega Man was thought by many as impossible because people claimed Capcom was killing the franchise (which in hindsight, wasn't an unfounded concern) and Capcom's tattered reputation during the early 2010s. Yet both got in to wide acclaim and the latter has another installment (which I would argue is because of Smash) coming. IP legacy trumps inactivity and smeared images and Konami is no exception.

In fact, Castlevania and Bomberman are seeing a resurgence; the former has a successful anime while Bomberman got a new game a year ago that not only sold well but is also being ported to Xbox One, PS4, and Steam. Both are already in better health than Mega Man was while he was being decided for the franchise.

If we want Simon Belmont and Bomberman in Smash, we need to speak up and push for their inclusion. We've proven that a company can have multiple third-party characters and Konami has at least three iconic franchises with a compelling case to put their franchise in. Furthermore, there's no reason to worry about Konami rejecting either characters or even asking for exorbitant prices because like everyone else, they want characters they own in Smash. It's up to Nintendo to decide who they will add.

Nintendo Character from the 80s: Ridley
Nintendo Character from the 90s: King K. Rool
Nintendo Character from the 2000s (Before 2010): Starfy
Nintendo Character from a "Modern" title (2010-Present): Bandana Dee
Smash Represented Series that only has 1-2 reps in Smash, Including Third Parties (F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Mother, etc): King K. Rool
Character who is an Assist Trophy currently: Starfy
I don't know about Rayman but Crash was certainly popular there with the PlayStation installments. He's going to get a large fan base for Smash, especially if he gets new games.
I'd argue that Bomberman has the best shot of any third-party. The only question to ask is if Sakurai will acquire him and with all that he has going for him, it's definitely plausible.
Honestly, I would just shut down all Internet-related activity for a month outside of necessary stuff (and even then, no social media).
Well, it's a little late to push for their inclusion seeing as the game is being released this year, but yeah. Cloud was added just because Sakurai thought a Final Fantasy character was appropriate and he was the most appropriate icon of the series. After Mega Man, Pac-Man, Street Fighter, and Final Fantasy, if we're talking about video game series, Bomberman and Castlevania are where I see Super Smash Bros going towards next.

It's funny, because most people like @Opposum were telling my Simon Belmont is unlikely because his last appearance was in 2008.

And yet everyone wants King K. Rool who hasn't had an appearance in a game since 2008.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Ok, so I have a topic for you all. Personally, I feel the possibility of a Japanese third party newcomer getting in Smash is very likely to happen. For an iconic third-party, what kind of character could you see getting in? We've had shocking additions like Cloud and Snake, whose series is mainly have more history with other platforms like Sony than Nintendo. What Japanese third-party could be the next surprising step up above Cloud and Snake?
5.) Heihachi - It would be a surprise to a ton of people since Tekken hasn't had the biggest presence on Nintendo hardware, but Tekken is a famous fighting game series and seeing him duke it out with Ryu would be a dream matchup. He's only near the bottom of the list because Bandai Namco might be developing Smash 5 and Sakurai has stated that he has considered putting him in Smash, so the possibility is there. I just think many people sleep on his chances and it would be crazy to see him in action.
4.) Simon Belmont - Simon's in a weird place when it comes to Smash. Konami has already had a character in the form of Snake and another character, Bomberman, just had a game on the Switch in the form of Super Bomberman R. Castlevania, though, is a pretty big Japanese third party franchise that has yet to get a rep, and Simon would make a ton of people very, very happy.
3.) Ryu Hayabusa - Tecmo Koei has been quite the supporter for Nintendo hardware recently, which is why I am surprised nobody really discusses them getting a character. Ninja Gaiden may not be a household name like Metal Gear or Final Fantasy, but Ryu would be an off the wall pick that would fit in due to the series' NES origins.
2.) Sonic character - Honestly, I feel that a lot of people are underestamating the chances of a Sonic character getting in. Much like how Cloud got in due to being the most popular FF character on the Ballot, I could see the same thing happening to a Sonic character. It would break the streak of each third party franchise only having one character and each of the Sonic characters are very iconic. My heart says Knuckles, but my mind says Dr. Eggman. However, by far the craziest addition would be:
1.) Resident Evil character - Think about it for a second. Resident Evil is the biggest Japanese third party franchise that has yet to get anything in Smash. The addition would be nuts because not only would we have up to three Capcom characters, but we would also have the face of horror games and much like Snake and Bayo, that character would be from an M-rated series. It DOES have a sizeable presence on Nintendo hardware, too. It's not like a ton of people are asking for one either, so this addition would be completely out of left field. Honestly, they could either go with Jill Valentine as a female rep or Wesker as another villain. Needless to say, people would be taken back by this announcement, but much like Cloud and Snake, it makes a ton of sense in hindsight.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Or... Cloud was a smart business deal. Having him in Smash Bros., the biggest Nintendo crossover, would garner attention towards the upcoming FF7 remake on PS4.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Simon's whip could make him possibly the most unique option available. Giving him eight directional attacks instead of four, and just the way he can move it around freely like in Super Castlevania IV. Similar to Sheik's side special from Melee & Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Right but Crash isn't a Sony cha-
Oh, well he did help Sony out when the original Play Station debuted, and he was one of the main mascots. That is why I thought Crash was a Sony character for a second. If I played N'Sane Trilogy and knew Activision made Crash, than why did I think Sony? :p
It is just a joke! I want to be innocent! I am so sorry! :cry:
I know what you said is a joke, but still. :p
Or... Cloud was a smart business deal. Having him in Smash Bros., the biggest Nintendo crossover, would garner attention towards the upcoming FF7 remake on PS4.

That is why I want Cloud in Smash for Switch. It will be too late for FF7 remake, but I do hope some other FF7 songs get in. The FF series deserves more than two songs. :p

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
I just started up Brawl on my Wii U which has no save data. Started playing Subspace then a couple of Classic runs.

I sure hope the new Smash has a single player like Brawl. Subspace 2 would be amazing IMO, even with the flaws.

And Classic should return to a Melee-esque format where it's not just enemy spam but 11 matches with set rules.
awwww yeah, I’d love that

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just find the influx of "x for Smash" that comes simply from the reveal of a character receiving a game on a Nintendo platform quite tiring. Like it's ever been a case of one recent game making or breaking a third-party's inclusion, Bayonetta notwithstanding as that was due to extenuating circumstances. Sonic, Snake, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu and Cloud... did any of them get included because *gasp* a single serendipitous title graced a Nintendo platform?

Not to mention how ephemeral the support is. Remember when people were talking about Doomslayer and Dohvakiin? Remember Neku? Now it's Crash and Sans and Solaire and whoever else happens to flutter through peoples' short term memory. In a few months it'll be characters from the third-party games shown at E3. All these allegiances evaporate so quickly when something newer and shinier gets shoved in our faces. What's up with that. Comes off very superficial.
For the most part I agree. We see that with Minecraft, Dark Souls, and Undertale especially.

But I've seen some support for Crash around the Smash 4 days, hell even a bit during Brawl. It was just seen as a pipe dream, even though he's had plenty of Nintendo titles from the Gamecube, GBA, DS and Wii. So at the very least, I know people have always rooted for him in some fashion.

There's plenty of unlikely 3rd party characters I'd be interested in, not JUST because of some one-off Nintendo appearance, but because I like the character/series enough to want to actually fight as them.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's a little late to push for their inclusion seeing as the game is being released this year, but yeah. Cloud was added just because Sakurai thought a Final Fantasy character was appropriate and he was the most appropriate icon of the series. After Mega Man, Pac-Man, Street Fighter, and Final Fantasy, if we're talking about video game series, Bomberman and Castlevania are where I see Super Smash Bros going towards next.

It's funny, because most people like @Opposum were telling my Simon Belmont is unlikely because his last appearance was in 2008.

And yet everyone wants King K. Rool who hasn't had an appearance in a game since 2008.
I wouldn't say it's too late for this game. The base game, sure, as the roster has been decided but DLC is still coming and that's an opportunity to add more characters in the game. Then there's the inevitable next game on the next Nintendo console which while probably a reboot, will provide new opportunities for new third-parties to get in and who's to say that Castlevania and Bomberman won't be getting more games?

I'm in this for the long haul.

Yes, because Sakurai was totally offended when Metal Gear Solid V came to the PS3 and didn't decide to do his friend a favor.

If the argument didn't work then, it's not going to work now. Proving Nintendo loyalty is a fallacious requirement made only by people scared of more third-party additions and assume Bayonetta set the rules rather than be an exception.
Simon's whip could make him possibly the most unique option available. Giving him eight directional attacks instead of four, and just the way he can move it around freely like in Super Castlevania IV. Similar to Sheik's side special from Melee & Brawl.
That would be cool but maybe have the whip incorporate some of his A moves and leave the Smashes and Specials to his other weapons?
As a future reference, I would avoid doing such a thing. There is no reason to apologize because someone posted a GIF towards you. In fact, I would refrain from apologies all together unless you actually did something bad and feel remorse from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, well he did help Sony out when the original Play Station debuted, and he was one of the main mascots. That is why I thought Crash was a Sony character for a second. If I played N'Sane Trilogy and knew Activision made Crash, than why did I think Sony? :p
Well Sony originally did hold the rights, but that was a long long time ago. Before you were born. Now Crash is no more a Sony character than Banjo a Nintendo one.

I don't think you're using 'innocent' right...

For the most part I agree. We see that with Minecraft, Dark Souls, and Undertale especially.

But I've seen some support for Crash around the Smash 4 days, hell even a bit during Brawl. It was just seen as a pipe dream, even though he's had plenty of Nintendo titles from the Gamecube, GBA, DS and Wii. So at the very least, I know people have always rooted for him in some fashion.

There's plenty of unlikely 3rd party characters I'd be interested in, not JUST because of some one-off Nintendo appearance, but because I like the character/series enough to want to actually fight as them.
Right I don't doubt that, and there's always been a contingent that supported Banjo even prior to Spencer's first tweet; I remember because I was part of it. All I'm saying is a far cry from what you see now, even though really, very little has changed for Crash, and in a few months it will again wane into something less than it is currently, where so many are suggesting it as if it only now makes sense.

I had a Smash dream.

They revealed Incineroar and Bandana Dee Mii costumes for Smash Switch.

It was actually a nightmare for me.
The good Smash dreams are bad because they turn out not to be real.

The bad Smash dreams are bad because they're bad.

There's no winning. :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't say it's too late for this game. The base game, sure, as the roster has been decided but DLC is still coming and that's an opportunity to add more characters in the game. Then there's the inevitable next game on the next Nintendo console which while probably a reboot, will provide new opportunities for new third-parties to get in and who's to say that Castlevania and Bomberman won't be getting more games?

I'm in this for the long haul. Yes, because Sakurai was totally offended when Metal Gear Solid V came to the PS3 and didn't decide to do his friend a favor.

If the argument didn't work then, it's not going to work now. Proving Nintendo loyalty is a fallacious requirement made only by people scared of more third-party additions and assume Bayonetta set the rules rather than be an exception.That would be cool but maybe have the whip incorporate some of his A moves and leave the Smashes and Specials to his other weapons?
As a future reference, I would avoid doing such a thing. There is no reason to apologize because someone posted a GIF towards you. In fact, I would refrain from apologies all together unless you actually did something bad and feel remorse from it.
I'm doubtful there will be DLC. I'm actively hoping there isn't, though I'll probably change my mind if someone who should clearly be in the game is missing, but I'm expecting they will bring back all of the veterans.

Just like I don't want DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I want the cast to be established from the start. I don't want characters weirdly hanging out at the bottom of the roster, missing custom moves and other things they would have if they were in the game from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I'm utterly grateful we got DLC in Smash for Wii U, but for this game, I really want it to be established from the start.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You know who I want in the game?
The one on the right is a bakugan character I believe, but who is the one on the left?

Either way, I'm pretty sure Bakugan is dead now so I really doubt the one on the right even ignoring how she wasn't a video game character.

Edit: Also welcome to Smashboards!:happysheep:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Pick one character you'd like to see in Smash from each of the following categories:

Smash Represented Series that only has 1-2 reps in Smash, Including Third Parties (F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Xenoblade, Mother, etc):

My own list:
-Balloon Fighter
-I want to say Geno but for those who believe that doesn't count, Ray (Custom Robo)
-Chibi Robo
- Min Min (ARMS)
-Lyn (Fire Emblem)

If your character falls under more than one category, or is from a series already in Smash, that's fine.
80's: Mach Rider I guess
90's: Dixie or K.Rool
2000's: Sylux, since I doubt Ridley's happening.
2010's: Spring Man
Assist Trophy made Playable: Dark Samus
Represented series: Mega Man X/Mega Man EXE, since you said third party characters count.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
If I had a dream third party character that is just so unlikely, then I would choose The Prince or the King of All Cosmos from the Katamari series. Just a shame that the series died out, though.

D

Deleted member

Here's something that might happen, King K. Rool returning in the DK DLC in Mario Rabbids. Several of the Kremling Kutthroats have brought it up before as a possibility and while we don't have all of the details yet, it's something worth keeping in mind. Granted, an appearance won't matter for the base roster but it's going to make a prospective DLC a heck of a lot more likely, especially if it's also paired with a DK game reveal at E3 with Kremlings.
I'm doubtful there will be DLC. I'm actively hoping there isn't, though I'll probably change my mind if someone who should clearly be in the game is missing, but I'm expecting they will bring back all of the veterans.

Just like I don't want DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I want the cast to be established from the start. I don't want characters weirdly hanging out at the bottom of the roster, missing custom moves and other things they would have if they were in the game from the start.

Don't get me wrong, I'm utterly grateful we got DLC in Smash for Wii U, but for this game, I really want it to be established from the start.
If it helps, I'm certain we'll get a 65-70 character roster in this game and that the additional amount will be DLC. I also think there will few or no cuts in the game and that any cuts that aren't clones may get rectified as DLC. So we could be looking at a roster around seventy-five characters when all is said and done. Considering how much of a money maker DLCs are, I can't see them not doing it if they're going to do so for Pokkén Tournament DX, a port. As long as it is priced decently and don't deliberately lock character behind paywalls, we'll be good.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
If we're talking dream 3rd parties that are never getting in, I'd say Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Here's something that might happen, King K. Rool returning in the DK DLC in Mario Rabbids. Several of the Kremling Kutthroats have brought it up before as a possibility and while we don't have all of the details yet, it's something worth keeping in mind. Granted, an appearance won't matter for the base roster but it's going to make a prospective DLC a heck of a lot more likely, especially if it's also paired with a DK game reveal at E3 with Kremlings.
If it helps, I'm certain we'll get a 65-70 character roster in this game and that the additional amount will be DLC. I also think there will few or no cuts in the game and that any cuts that aren't clones may get rectified as DLC. So we could be looking at a roster around seventy-five characters when all is said and done. Considering how much of a money maker DLCs are, I can't see them not doing it if they're going to do so for Pokkén Tournament DX, a port. As long as it is priced decently and don't deliberately lock character behind paywalls, we'll be good.
That's funny. 75 Characters is exactly the amount I'm expecting.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

My own list:
-Balloon Fighter
-Chibi Robo
- Min Min (ARMS)
-Lyn (Fire Emblem)

Hopefully not a late contribution, but I'd go with:
1980s: Takamaru
1990s: Bandanna Waddle Dee
2000s: Isaac
2010s: Wonder Red
Single-Character series: Rex and/or Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Assist Trophy: Lyn

The one on the right is a bakugan character I believe, but who is the one on the left?

Either way, I'm pretty sure Bakugan is dead now so I really doubt the one on the right even ignoring how she wasn't a video game character.

Edit: Also welcome to Smashboards!:happysheep:
The one on the left is Arle Nadja of Puyo Puyo - a series of Puzzle games published by Sega. Although somewhat obscure because of it mainly seeing Japan-only releases, we recently got Puyo Puyo Tetris last year on the Switch and a PC version early this year too.

D

Deleted member

That's funny. 75 Characters is exactly the amount I'm expecting.
The number comes from my expectations of the base roster getting 8-12 newcomers with little to no cuts and then adding a similar amount of DLC like last game. But I can also DLC getting a larger amount even though that money may go through stuffs other than more characters. A final roster with DLC around seventy-five characters isn't unreasonable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Scorpion would be one of the most, if not the most, surprising third party.
Sort of. At least Mortal Kombat's successful in the west. Though I'm more of Sub-Zero guy myself, I usually main him in most MK games.

Honestly, most third party characters I'd want are other fighting game characters instead of some of the usual suspects, barring maybe Simon Belmont and Mega Man staying in each installment.

Nathan Drake for Smash Switch, let's get it.
Nah, get Sweettooth. The kids will love a murderous clown who's head is on fire.

Simon was playable on the 3DS Castlevania, I think it was 2012 or 2013. So it's not that bad. And Mega Man, when we saw him in 2014 or so, hadn't had a new game since 2010, not counting mobile games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So little love for Fossil Fighter from people ;-;

Gonna keep supporting him till hes just 100% confirmed to never get in
Never played them, so I've got no attachment to the series. But I wouldn't mind if it happened. Keep your chin up. The main T-Rex looks flashy enough to give a shot.

If we're talking dream 3rd parties that are never getting in, I'd say Ty the Tasmanian Tiger.
Scoprion/Sub-Zero, Jin Kazama or Terry Bogard. Any of those three would be hype as hell. I'd be genuinely as happy as I was when Mega Man was first shown off.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
May I know who is the blue hair girl in your sig?
Azure (Aqua) from Fire Emblem Fates. Also known as "the character that should have been in over Corrin."
Sort of. At least Mortal Kombat's successful in the west. Though I'm more of Sub-Zero guy myself, I usually main him in most MK games.

Honestly, most third party characters I'd want are other fighting game characters instead of some of the usual suspects, barring maybe Simon Belmont and Mega Man staying in each installment.

Nah, get Sweettooth. The kids will love a murderous clown who's head is on fire.

Simon was playable on the 3DS Castlevania, I think it was 2012 or 2013. So it's not that bad. And Mega Man, when we saw him in 2014 or so, hadn't had a new game since 2010, not counting mobile games.
Successful or no, it would definitely be the most surprising for me. It makes Doom Guy actually look viable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Azure (Aqua) from Fire Emblem Fates. Also known as "the character that should have been in over Corrin."

Successful or no, it would definitely be the most surprising for me. It makes Doom Guy actually look viable.
Really? I find it to be the other way around. Since a good chunk Doom Guy's guns are realistic looking. And as far as I know, he's got less melee stuff up his sleeve than Mega Man, at least in the first few games.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Really? I find it to be the other way around. Since a good chunk Doom Guy's are realistic looking. And as far as I know, he's got less melee stuff up his sleeve than Mega Man, at least in the first few games.
The argument Doom Guy supporters use is that he can just rely on his less realistic weapons, I guess. I honestly do not buy into it myself. I just view them both as hyper-violent, but at least Doom Guy is relevant to a modern Nintendo and more closely associated with his properties popularity (you can attribute most positive aspects of Doom to Doom Guy whereas Scorpion is only part of MK's success). Overall, and this is just my opinion, but Ryu sort of lessens the chance of another fighting game character, and even if not, I feel as though Namco would have first pick and at that point, a huge percentage of third-party characters would be from fighting games.

I am a bit biased, Scorpion is more or less my favorite video-game character, so to that end, I have a personal stake in it and it is better to just acknowledge that he is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom