• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let me start off the new thread by saying.

I hope female Mach Rider has a huge butt...

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I still think it’s crazy how it’s almost been a week and no one has deconfirmed the leak besides Insiders who are claiming it’s fake. I’m sitting comfortably on Team Hmm right now.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
It's not SilvaGunner. Some guy named Natedrake. SilvaGunner only releases the highest quality RIPs.

But still. This Natedrake dude is horrible.
Oh okay, so the guy talking is Natedrake? I've never heard of him

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes, the no-true-smashfan fallacy, the perfect way to discredit supporters of a character you don't like!
yes sir, I think Waluigi would be a pretty boring character, personally. I acknowledge he's objectively more relevant and modern than every character being proposed in the Grinch leak, but it says something about how Sakurai views his fans if every one of those "literally who" characters manage to get in before him, on top of his assist trophy being very explicitly shown off before any other assist trophy as if Sakurai was trying to swat away the very consideration of Waluigi before any actual newcomer speculation could begin.

also, uh, something something death threats lmao

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
What if I told you... that there were insiders in this very thread, but they didn't want to talk about what they know cause of all the jerks?

Cuause I guarantee that's happening.
Again, hearsay. You guys have to show proof, it's like you want us to stop believing in the leaks because some guy said it in a written form. Where were these insiders before that leak? Did they magically appear out of nowhere? ''Stop presenting evidence, Team Real, just believe us! Your evidence irritates us because we have none"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What if I told you... that there were insiders in this very thread, but they didn't want to talk about what they know cause of all the jerks?

Fans get mad, they get mad, everyone gets mad.

Best thing the insiders can do at this point is to be quite and stay invisible. Seems like all they have to do is breath before people go at their throats. Just let time debunk/prove this leak.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Let me start off the new thread by saying.

I hope female Mach Rider has a huge butt...
I just hope female Mach Rider gets in. I don't care if she has the body of a woman, as long as she's a woman

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Why yes, I did take this silly forum game too seriously thanks for asking.
View attachment 173365
Huh. That drawing is great. Better then anything I've ever done, in my worthless life...
Heh.
View attachment 173366
hey guys check out this dude lmao he thought this was all gonna blow over

it's 2088 bruh, it's been going on for 70 years and there's no signs of stopping
2088? Damn, I was hoping the human race had pulled a whoopsie with atomic weapons, by then.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still think it’s crazy how it’s almost been a week and no one has deconfirmed the leak besides Insiders who are claiming it’s fake. I’m sitting comfortably on Team Hmm right now.
I think I recall hearing about a Grinch leak at YouTube, but as always, you should only really trust official sources for new information.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Any other mobile users with Chrome grtting the "youre a winner" popup everytime you click anything? Its been happening all day for me. No issues on pc tho.
Happening to me on Safari so it’s not a Chrome issue.

Can we get someone to assist please?

osby

Smash Obsessed
yes sir, I think Waluigi would be a pretty boring character, personally. I acknowledge he's objectively more relevant and modern than every character being proposed in the Grinch leak, but it says something about how Sakurai views his fans if every one of those "literally who" characters manage to get in before him, on top of his assist trophy being very explicitly shown off before any other assist trophy as if Sakurai was trying to swat away the very consideration of Waluigi before any actual newcomer speculation could begin.

Nevermind fanbases should kept separate from character inclusions to a degree, characters with arguably worse support groups got into Smash. This doesn't make sense.

Waluigi likely didn't get in because there were better choices than a spin-off exclusive character from an already crowded franchise.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace

Shoot, so they may have information contradicting the Grinch leak if they’re more scared of jerks than usual. I don’t blame them for not coming forward, I wouldn’t in a million years.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Again, hearsay. You guys have to show proof, it's like you want us to stop believing in the leaks because some guy said it in a written form. Where were these insiders before that leak? Did they magically appear out of nowhere? ''Stop presenting evidence, Team Real, just believe us! Your evidence irritates us because we have none"
They don't have to show **** lol
You're more than welcome to not believe them
And they're more than welcome to not jeopardize their jobs

Let me ask- why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.

If the insiders were lying- Why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

I think he did the right thing by showing Waluigi off at the very beginning instead of making the fans speculate if he was getting in this time or not, just to de-confirm him later

Untouch

Smash Master
There's a banner of the final mural in existence, at this very moment. I'm certain of that. Whether or not its the Grinch version, I'm not sure, but if the Grinch leak is false, we should still expect a full roster leak within the next 2 weeks, I'm thinking.
It's going to be leaked by Sakurai on the 8th, I have a premonition.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Well with the recent stuff about the leak im again 50/50 literally, the best option is to just wait for the direct unless something very substantial drops in favor to debunk or confirm the leak.

Pakky

Smash Hero
We talkin' Twintelle huge? 'Cause nothin' slips 'ole uncle's grip.
Twintelle huge, Urbosa built.

A large rear and wide hips help steering immensely.

Also I would enjoy memes of her parking her bike in places while someone rudely makes beeping noises behind her.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
They are CONVINCED it's fake because of their insider info. I'm almost sure right now that if it does end up being real they all have one common source who probably saw like Incineroar on a Minecraft stage so they're convinced, like set in stone, that Steve and Incineroar are in the game, something along those lines
Vergeben said he had multiple sources confirm Incineroar, hence why he didn't commit to which Pokémon it was at first, rather than making a statement based on just one source.

That said, mistakes could always be made. Liam Robertson was convinced years ago that Shovel Knight would be in Smash, because his source learned of the Shovel Knight amiibo, and made the jump in logic that it meant he was in Smash (since only Smash amiibo existed at that point).

But multiple people making that error seems unlikely. We'll see.

I would have more faith in the Grinch leak (man I love that name) if Isabelle hadn't been announced. Because before her, it seemed like every character added was targeting the Smash fanbase specifically, with all these big requests being added. The Grinch leak is more of that, and I didn't believe in Incineroar being in the game for that reason; he's not really a request like all the other fighters. But Isabelle doesn't fit within that criteria, so that's opened up the possibilities quite a bit, so Incineroar seems more likely.

What if both leaks are wrong? What kind of chaos would that unleash?

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
That goes both ways though. You don't see it on here firsthand but the people on teamfake are being very ingrate and mean. Andre from Gamexplain called the believers are Trump rally. Go on 4chan, check the amount of ****posting right now. It's hell, on both sides. The reason why Team Real is more loud is honestly because, well, let's be honest, they have more evidence that it's real. More solid, actual evidence. Nothing can be debunked yet, after 4 days and suspicious things are happening. Team fake is quite literally presenting false evidence that gets debunked 5 minutes later and the ''insiders'' with ''sources'' are the only ground they can stand on. Now these sources are getting angry, too? YIKES

MIC. DROP.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just hope female Mach Rider gets in. I don't care if she has the body of a woman, as long as she's a woman
TRANS ICON MACH RIDER! PUNCHER OF NAZIS, SEIGI NO MIKATA MAHA RAIDA DA!

Also my comment. Is the fanbase perhaps the problem and should we improve as in, don't ****ing harass people for thinking if something's real or fake or harassing a potential random French guy. Oh abso-****ing-lutely most people here need to sort their ****

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
They don't have to show **** lol
You're more than welcome to not believe them
And they're more than welcome to not jeopardize their jobs

Let me ask- why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.

If the insiders were lying- Why is this so important to you that you're so wound up by it?
This goes for everyone.
Well if they were lying, that just causes an unnecessary amount of confusion and headaches for a lot of people. I’m honestly very skeptical of Insiders but I get how they want to protect their jobs.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Insiders don't have to show proof. Lmao. Most likely, they'll just wait to be proven right.

You want a lecture on why a leak is likely? Don't to get into leaks.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

The issue here is that you're assuming all Waluigi fans are awful because just a few of them are.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
That goes both ways though. You don't see it on here firsthand but the people on teamfake are being very ingrate and mean. Andre from Gamexplain called the believers are Trump rally. Go on 4chan, check the amount of ****posting right now. It's hell, on both sides. The reason why Team Real is more loud is honestly because, well, let's be honest, they have more evidence that it's real. More solid, actual evidence. Nothing can be debunked yet, after 4 days and suspicious things are happening. Team fake is quite literally presenting false evidence that gets debunked 5 minutes later and the ''insiders'' with ''sources'' are the only ground they can stand on. Now these sources are getting angry, too? YIKES
That's a persons choice though is what i'm getting at. Being on a "side" doesn't make you that way just because a majority of them vocalize themselves in such. It's basically an Alliance or Horde argument here (to keep it into gaming terms :p). "Sides" shouldn't be the focal point and are irrelevant, it should be the person themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom