• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Don't forget what I said though, the longer it takes for a direct, the less validity the leak has. There wouldn't be a new banner out unless character reveals were coming soon.

Also, whoever mentioned that "leak 45 days before" thing brought up an interesting point for Team Fake: how do we know this wasn't a project started 45 days before by some random dude? How would he know a leak would exist 45 days before release?

I don't really see how that would hurt it we are definitely close to a second smash direct regardless

I don't understand the question for team fake

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Or Activision asked too much money
Or the fact Crash got a rerelease not too long ago meaning you can't really use Crash as a selling point for the PS1Classic
Same goes for Spyro only his remake is out soon
It's less the "selling point" and more the fact that Crash was Sony's former mascot and they couldn't get him in PSASBR or their PS1 Classic. :chuckle:

And yet, Smash got Snake and Cloud. Would be nice to get Crash as DLC to really drive that home. :4pacman:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Yes as for me whenever the game is released, ill be out of these sites till the next smash is announced. i like knowing what characters we are getting so the DLC doesnt matter to me.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Do you guys think they're going to apologize to ME if it's real? What is this mentality that only works in one direction?

I agree, it only seems like it's gonna be one-sided. I doubt these people who are convinced that it's fake are gonna apologize if it is real. This SilvaGunner guy seems pretty salty right now though. I wonder why?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It's less the "selling point" and more the fact that Crash was Sony's former mascot and they couldn't get him in PSASBR or their PS1 Classic. :chuckle:

And yet, Smash got Snake and Cloud. Would be nice to get Crash as DLC to really drive that home. :4pacman:
Crash and Spyro both to drive it even further. :4pacman:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I agree, it only seems like it's gonna be one-sided. I doubt these people who are convinced that it's fake are gonna apologize if it is real. This SilvaGunner guy seems pretty salty right now though. I wonder why?
I think it's fake. I have nothing to "apologize" for so happen it be real, it's just an opinion. But I'm not going around berating people for thinking differently, that stuff most definitely needs to be held accountable for. My point is, there's nothing wrong with what you believe, it's how you present your belief.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And RE 6 was... less than popular to say the least. I do think his last major appearance being so disappointing for a lot of fans hurts him slightly, but with RE2make coming out and looking spectacular I doubt it'll matter much as a whole.

I do agree with your point about MvC 3 Jill though. Even though she is technically the character she's not the version of her that everyone loves. I think her and Chris are more recognizable to most people, but I think Leon is also more relevant to Nintendo. Revelations is a good point for Jill though.

Granted, I do admit relevancy to Nintendo isn't nearly as important as some people make it out to be, or Cloud wouldn't be in this game. They may go for Jill or Chris because they're bigger names to the series as a whole than Leon.

In the end I could see any of those 3 making it as a RE character. They've all good good arguments going for them and against them.
Totally. I just comes down to "who would Sakurai prefer" if one of them ever got in. We can debate as much as we want, but he's putting in who he's putting in (and who Capcom lets him put in).

Also, while critics didn't like RE6 and on the whole the community doesn't love it, it has still sold nearly 10 million copies to date across all versions when including the HD ports on modern consoles. It's the third highest selling Capcom game of all time.

So even if it isn't lauded as a fantastic game (I personally don't like it in comparison to RE5 at all) lots of people played it, and Leon was certainly the star. In any promotional art, he was front and center. And his story line was most significant.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
When this thread reaches page 367, it will be time to celebrate page 6969. We can do it, Smashboards.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I LOVE how mad people are getting over this. Both sides.
This should be the leak with the least people mad, since it has the remaining big fan favorites all in the game.

The reason why there is heated debate is because a lot of the insiders think that it may be fake because of a couple of things they aren’t able to disclose, despite there also being a lot in favor of this leak as well (the context and how this leak came to be).

And let’s be honest, A LOT of people don’t want it to be fake since this is potentially one of the best last reveals in Smash history.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I think it's fake. I have nothing to "apologize" for so happen it be real, it's just an opinion. But I'm not going around berating people for thinking differently, that stuff most definitely needs to be held accountable for. My point is, there's nothing wrong with what you believe, it's how you present your belief.
I agree. Whether it's real or fake, we're still gonna get what we get. I'm not gonna apologize for having an opinion on a leak. lol. I haven't said anything mean or hateful to any believers or disbelievers, sooooo yeah.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
They are CONVINCED it's fake because of their insider info. I'm almost sure right now that if it does end up being real they all have one common source who probably saw like Incineroar on a Minecraft stage so they're convinced, like set in stone, that Steve and Incineroar are in the game, something along those lines

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627

Honestly I put that problem with PASBR entirely on Sony not lifting a finger to help the devs. They could have done so much yet did nothing leaving a newbie dev to have to try to convince veteran dev teams to let them use their stuff, and considering how seniority reigns in Japan I can understand how badly that went.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
woah waitamin

when was a new thread made?

either way, I think the leak is real, which is good since 3 of the 5 non-echoes are characters I have invested time into liking them. Chorus kids are cool too but I'm more excited for a rhythm heaven stage if anything.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
SiivaGunner isn't actually one person, it's a group of parody SoundClowns who take jabs at internet and video game culture. They don't really have a stance on anything either way.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nobody's entitled to know anything from any of the insiders.

And if that statement made you mad then you're part of the problem.

This is a dumb rumor for a game coming out in like a month and some change.

Get a grip on yourselves.

Eat Arby's.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
They are CONVINCED it's fake because of their insider info. I'm almost sure right now that if it does end up being real they all have one common source who probably saw like Incineroar on a Minecraft stage so they're convinced, like set in stone, that Steve and Incineroar are in the game, something along those lines
All because of one or two sources that may or may not be getting true info?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay okay okay I didn't think it through
Here's the base again:
View attachment 173342

Instead of adding a single element and building UP to a fighter, how about everyone just makes their own entire fighter so we can make a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread roster.

The thread moves too fast to do it the other way and I don't wanna make another thread in Forum Games yet:laugh:
Why yes, I did take this silly forum game too seriously thanks for asking.
Panda.png

Panda, Mini-Godess of Darkness and Light.

Final Smash: Yin Yang Bang.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's not SilvaGunner. Some guy named Natedrake. SilvaGunner only releases the highest quality RIPs.

But still. This Natedrake dude is horrible.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if I told you... that there were insiders in this very thread, but they didn't want to talk about what they know cause of all the jerks?

Cuause I guarantee that's happening.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So the old thread has closed up shop. Not that it really mattered to me, since I've pretty much abandoned it.

Anyway, with Smash Ultimate getting closer to the release date, it will be interesting if we'll get any more base game newcomers or not. Of course, Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt weren't officially revealed until after Smash 3DS was released, so we'll just have to see if Smash Ultimate does the same thing.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
That goes both ways though. You don't see it on here firsthand but the people on teamfake are being very ingrate and mean. Andre from Gamexplain called the believers are Trump rally. Go on 4chan, check the amount of ****posting right now. It's hell, on both sides. The reason why Team Real is more loud is honestly because, well, let's be honest, they have more evidence that it's real. More solid, actual evidence. Nothing can be debunked yet, after 4 days and suspicious things are happening. Team fake is quite literally presenting false evidence that gets debunked 5 minutes later and the ''insiders'' with ''sources'' are the only ground they can stand on. Now these sources are getting angry, too? YIKES

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I hope this blows over soon so that I don't get screen-capped and parodied for the next 3 years.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Honestly, I hope this blows over soon so that I don't get screen-capped and parodied for the next 3 years.
1540844466481.png

hey guys check out this dude lmao he thought this was all gonna blow over

it's 2088 bruh, it's been going on for 70 years and there's no signs of stopping

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Nobody's entitled to know anything from any of the insiders.

And if that statement made you mad then you're part of the problem.

This is a dumb rumor for a game coming out in like a month and some change.

Get a grip on yourselves.

Eat Arby's.
Agreed. Arby’s is quite delicious though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom