• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
cuz he's saying what the community wants to hear. if he said anything else, he would be getting flamed and sent death threats.
He's saying what people want to hear.

Which is an explanation of what, specifically, he has heard (or as much as he can tell us).

T TheBazry64 's point still stands.
---
Anyway, about MysticDistance's twitter thread, he says:
MysticDistance said:
-Ken and Shadow should be in.
-Incineroar should be in.
...but... Ken and Shadow are in the Grinch Leak, did he miss them?

Can someone go to him and ask him what he means by that? (I don't have a Twitter... well, I do, but I haven't used it in over a year, barely used it in itself and it was probably deleted, either that or I just plain can't remember what the username was).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Like Papa Genos said, I'm fairly certain we're past the point of the leak being fake. That's not to say there isn't anything fishy.
No, we're very much still in the realm of it being fake.

Look, I believe that most of the insider discourse and universal comment that something is off comes down to this: It lacks Incineroar, who is in the game, but has the rest of the remaining roster alongside some characters no one had heard of from their sources. Insiders not only doubt the leak, but their own sources as they might not have the full picture. Therefore, they're overall confused and agitated as they're hounded for answers that they don't even have by the larger Smash fanbase.

Back to #TeamFake for me.

Last edited:

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Gonna say something that's completely without any merit but...

The landing page/about page says "72 characters!" right?

I just find it hella odd that if we add these 7, they would have cut it off at 79 and not thrown in an extra Echo to make it 80.

That, and the "Characters" page will have 1 blank spot next to the final revealed character.
If we count the Mii Fighters as 3, then I think we end up with 81 (assuming the leak is real). Nintendo could reasonably advertise "Over 80 characters!" in that case.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Once again, the fate of the world hangs on Incineroar. For some amazing reason, he is the key to all this.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Which is an explanation of what, specifically, he has heard (or as much as he can tell us).

---

Can someone go to him and ask him what he means by that? (I don't have a Twitter... well, I do, but I haven't used it in over a year, barely used it in itself and it was probably deleted, either that or I just plain can't remember what the username was).
I think he's basically just saying that that matches up with what he knows. Basically, if he's saying that Ken and Shadow should be in, Incineroar should be in as well.

I think we could be looking at something that results in the banner characters being partially right, and Vergeben only being slightly wrong. It's going to be incredibly interesting from here on out, indeed.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
It goes without saying that Mystic DID NOT deconfirm Banjo, Mach Rider, or the Chorus Kids. He just couldn't confirm them. When says "most of the characters are real", it's obvious he's talking about all the ones he can confirm, while the ones he can't are left unconfirmed. If he felt that any of those three were fake he would've said so. The contradiction of the leak can easily be something else.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
This will be the last thing I have to say on this whole ordeal.

The community has reached the point where they're using incorrect evidence to prove the leak is true. These image cuts and pixel colors are not evidence to the leak's legitimacy.. I will hold that opinion even should the leak be proven real.

The things that I have pointed out about the background are demonstrably true. Those discrepancies exist and you cannot argue them away. You can argue why they're there, in the same way you can argue why "disabled" was misspelled on the ESRB leak, and that is why I have never stated that it "proves" the leak false. Since Omni has offered this opinion himself, I'll reiterate it, because it's exactly the possible explanation for these discrepancies that I've had on the backburner myself. There is always the chance that the empty background was reverse engineered from the actual banner, because they were never sent the empty one. I consider it very unlikely, but the scenario exists if we operate under the belief that this company is responsible for designing these displays, and not just printing them. I have never claimed the background discrepancies prove the leak fake because I have always allowed for a situation, however unlikely in my mind, where they're present and it's still true.

I have further offered opinions that help the validity of the leak, only to have those ignored in favor of weaker arguments that I'm continually asked to restate my opinion on. People seem desperate to prove me wrong when I've offered supporting evidence wherever I saw it. I consider the fact that the banner has been proven to wrap cleanly around the cylinder to be good evidence in support of the leak. And yet, twice today I was tagged and linked to a post insisting the display isn't actually accurate at all as a counter to my arguments about the background, even though this itself would be a counter against the very evidence I gave that I believe helps the leak. I find this kind of thing immensely frustrating and it really just shows I'm wasting my time even trying to be neutral, because it's obvious that neutral still gets read as team fake.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Although it's disappointing, I think there's a decent chance some characters from the leak are fake, like Banjo, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider. In my eyes that makes it a little easier to reconcile the leak with Sakurai's comments about not expecting too many newcomers. If those three are out and Incineroar is in, then there's only five characters left for the base roster, if Lloyd is DLC, which is a more believable amount of newcomers remaining. If that's the case, then maybe the leak was actually fake, and just had a couple of lucky guesses.

Outside of that, the leak definitely seems to be mostly real up to this point.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If anything, I think the inconsistency with the banner is placement, poses, or missing characters if Mystic is right.
That means a lot of newcomers:
Inkling
Daisy
Ridley
Simon
Richter
Chrom
Dark Samus
K. Rool
Isabelle
Isaac
Banjo Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Incineroar
Lloyd
That’d insane. Best group of newcomers by far.
Well Lloyd was mentioned as a prime candidate for DLC. Not base. Still absolutely nuts though regardless

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman

---

The way I understood it, he just meant the Grinch leak is accurate in regard to Ken and Shadow (as well as Isaac and Geno).

Wambo

Smash Ace
So the reason people(Insiders) are pressing X to doubt here are:

Incineroar is not there

Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Banjo ARE there, which apparently none have heard about except for Papageno's lone source
Because it's SOOO impossible to believe that there are three characters they hadn't heard of at all, like with K.Rool.

I really hope this leak is legit so I can witness the awesome backlash against all the shills.

Banjo being in the banner leak automatically makes it not possible to be leak bait.

So its either real but some of the first party characters didn’t make it in.

Or its the most genius fake leak in Smash history based on what Mystic is saying.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If anything i'm just glad that Mystic outed Isaac as one of the "safe" characters from the leak. Because he's really the only 1st party character I cared about in the leak.

Banjo on the other hand I can see not being in but that would really suck as someone who wants the bear and bird in Smash.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Look I just hope we get Lloyd in as DLC so that one obsessive Lloyd fan can finally stop making fake leaks about Lloyd.
I'll take Lloyd because, hey, Tales of Symphonia (the Tales series in general) is awesome.

But secondly and more importantly?

I know Fighting of the Spirit originated in Phantasia, but Symphonia used it too dangit.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hmmm....... I'm not quite sure what to think of this leak.

On one hand, it being true would require a level of dishonesty from Sakurai and Nintendo that I previously thought was nearly impossible.

On the other hand, team real has made a very compelling case for its authenticity.

At this point, I believe the preponderance of evidence is in team real's favor.
To be fair if this whole "Issac" theory is true then we weren't supposed to have this many newcomers left to be revealed anyway. So Sakurai's statement would of still be true.

And with all these characters we only have 9 "uniques" that's less then any other smash game anyway.

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace

The community has reached the point where they're using incorrect evidence to prove the leak is true. These image cuts and pixel colors are not evidence to the leak's legitimacy.. I will hold that opinion even should the leak be proven real.

The things that I have pointed out about the background are demonstrably true. Those discrepancies exist and you cannot argue them away. You can argue why they're there, in the same way you can argue why "disabled" was misspelled on the ESRB leak, and that is why I have never stated that it "proves" the leak false. Since Omni has offered this opinion himself, I'll reiterate it, because it's exactly the possible explanation for these discrepancies that I've had on the backburner myself. There is always the chance that the empty background was reverse engineered from the actual banner, because they were never sent the empty one. I consider it very unlikely, but the scenario exists if we operate under the belief that this company is responsible for designing these displays, and not just printing them. I have never claimed the background discrepancies prove the leak fake because I have always allowed for a situation, however unlikely in my mind, where they're present and it's still true.

I have further offered opinions that help the validity of the leak, only to have those ignored in favor of weaker arguments that I'm continually asked to restate my opinion on. People seem desperate to prove me wrong when I've offered supporting evidence wherever I saw it. I consider the fact that the banner has been proven to wrap cleanly around the cylinder to be good evidence in support of the leak. And yet, twice today I was tagged and linked to a post insisting the display isn't actually accurate at all as a counter to my arguments about the background, even though this itself would be a counter against the very evidence I gave that I believe helps the leak. I find this kind of thing immensely frustrating and it really just shows I'm wasting my time even trying to be neutral, because it's obvious that neutral still gets read as team fake.
Damage control.
Just kidding I love you and you’re always appreciated for your efforts and contributions.

Last edited:

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige

Please don't go I like you
play video games with me

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Why would Nintendo legitimately draw Banjo as a banner character only for him to be leak bait?

Seriously guys, the better logic is to assume that Incineroar is simply missing from this banner, rather than assume Incineroar is supposed to REPLACE someone lol.
I agree... I don't see Nintendo putting a 3rd party character in a banner as a fake... if the banner is fake, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider would be suspect as the bait characters. Regardless of whether or not the banner is a bait to catch leakers that's official Nintendo artwork for Smash that would be depicting a character they don't have the rights too. If that was the case Nintendo would be looking at serious legal action in that case.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

its ok vaanrose i for one can appreciate your efforts:)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I can't speak for everyone, but I think you've done an excellent job explaining things to this thread. Granted, I'm leaning fake, bit still.

For every argumentative person who wants to challenge everything you explain, remember that there's a person in the sidelines who's interested in what you have to say.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sure.

Honestly i'm just gonna spend the next day taking requests up to a certain point. Once i've got everyone I need i'll actually draw the thing.

You asked early, so you get to be in.
What about me? Am I on the poster?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I find this kind of thing immensely frustrating and it really just shows I'm wasting my time even trying to be neutral, because it's obvious that neutral still gets read as team fake.
AHAHAHAH.

I know this feeling so much.

It hurt.

You weight opinion from both side, but people only remember you as taking side for the things against them.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
Sure.

Honestly i'm just gonna spend the next day taking requests up to a certain point. Once i've got everyone I need i'll actually draw the thing.

what is the banner

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sure.

I know that you wanna draw a skeleton with an afro soooooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom