• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondJoyride

Smash Cadet
Exactly, at most Nintendo is just like "This leak? dismiss it, treat it as fake"

I mean it is what makes the most sense, the less people believe the leak the bigger the impact of the surprise is, and that's the best thing for Nintendo.

The thing Gamexplain didnt consider is that being absolutely silent about the leak raises the most eyebrows, because it means that something was said internally.

That seems like the most logical thing they would do. Although I can't think of anything else that they would do, so...

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
How's the conversation gonna go?

"Hey you've never met me, but will you guys break NDA, burn professional bridges, ruin your reputation, and incite a lawsuit you can't win to lemme know if the video game thing is real?"

"**** yes we will bro, and **** yes it's real!"
We need to make half A presses to see the green pixel better.

But first, let’s talk about parallel universes and the murals visible on them:

The website has inside a version of each mural for each possibility. If the mural gets darker, a version of it is programmed, if it gets edgy, there’s one for that.

If we want to get to the parallel universe where the green pixel is shown better, we need to make exactly 10 half A presses starting from the latest blog updates buttom.

Just ignore TJ “Henry” Yoshi.
builds up hype for 12 hours
Where are my sides?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Before we get carried away here with "banner glitches" that no-one actually saw, alignment errors, a video getting deleted, GameXplain being weird and a crazy theory from @papagenos , let's remember:

Mind you, a lot of this evidence doesn't sound as airtight now as it did a few days ago, but I still think we should keep it in mind.
It was never airtight, it was like a punctured tire all along.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Didn't mean it like that, i ment the leaker needs a galaxy brain to model his fake after the failed update of the site
That's what bugs me the most. What is it supposed to be updating? If it was clipping out the supposed leaked characters, that sounds pretty ****ing stupid when they could've just kept the already modified banner from before. It just doesn't ring any bells for me.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Oh my, I have no idea what is happening but it looks like some crazy stuff went down X_X

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
At best it's a dumb thought, and at worst it continues the narrative of insiders playing mind games with the fanbase. Please think a little before throwing out ideas; at the very least your ideas should have some foundation in reality or some evidence to back them up, especially in regards to Grinch leak speculation.

I'm going to assume this is sarcasm for the sake of my own sanity.
Ugh, you are starting to get annoying, tehponycorn.

First, stir up discussion might not have been the right word, but I meant all this in a more positive, non harm to themselves way, as in not getting themselves in trouble with the fans. I meant that they were trying to add to the surprise, simple as that.

Second, you don't think these insiders are faultless innocent people, do you? Because it seems you are acting like it. I could be assuming, but still. It is not bad to defend a group of people in itself, but here you technically generalize the Smash fans you say get on the case of the insiders, and not only that, you seem to assume every one of us is trying to do bad things to these insiders. I wasn't doing any harm, and yet you acted like I did. There isn't something that makes you attached to these insiders to a "defend them at any cost" level, huh? Not everyone is pestering or saying bad things about these insiders, and by "not everyone", that includes me. So chill, not everything you see is a threat to these insiders you seem to care about, to the point of being easily getting on the case of others for the smallest things.

Sorry for the little rant, everyone else, I just had to get something off my back.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
My guess is that their reason to reach either conclusion is not something they'd be able to discuss in their usual format without certain complications arising
This really isn't an excuse though. There is so much to talk about concerning this leak that they would not have to discuss their insider information.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what do you think's on the blog today?

Shout it out!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think I've figured out what happened on the website with the banner cuts.

I mean, it could only be one thing, right?

Cut Man, slices up the competition!

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I would laugh if the next direct turned out to be something like this:
-Starts Direct
-Reveals Gen... Mallow
-Isaac is an Assist Trophy
-Reveals Dan Hibiki
-Shadow is a boss
-Karate Joe is an Assist Trophy
-Excitebike stage
-Reveals Banj... Conker at the end
-Ends Direct

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Didn't mean it like that, i ment the leaker needs a galaxy brain to model his fake after the failed update of the site
I like to think it’s more akin to infinite monkey’s on a type writer and shakesphere, but we are the monkey’s, the shakesphere is a convincing leak, and the typewriter is our bat**** insane speculations

Ignoritus

Smash Journeyman
Show me evidence that multiple people saw the site glitch out. Not word of mouth. If multiple people saw this, surely multiple people screenshot it.
The 4chan picture that has been passed around was a real thread that was posted 5 minutes after the direct.
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/431477580/#431477580#

Your argument hinges on the notion that this man decided to fake a site glitch within five minutes of the direct ending for no discernible purpose. What reason would they possibly have to make that up?

On top of I can tell you that I personally remember this having occurred, and a few other Smashboarders have said they remember seeing this on the site after the direct as well.

Why are there no other screenshots? How many people have screencapped the bug where Superhappy Tree's name is in Spanish? No one, necause it's a minor site glitch that nobody expects to ever have insanely convoluted relevance to a leak two months later and hence there is no reason to screenshot it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom