• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
7 characters is already severely pushing what I can believe in left, I highly doubt there's any character playable not on the banner if the leak is true.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Here’s the thing about incineroar though

When incineroar was first mentioned by Vergeben that was not fully confident on that pokemon

I think we would have never been saying incineroar because of Vergeben and Vergeben has gotten a lot wrong before and plus how do we know the pokemon rep source is the same one he got for simon

Or it could be a gemusatu situation and incineroar was cut during the development

And for dlc there’s a factor your not putting into consideration

Another ballot request is a gen 3 and 5 rep we want the missing reps filled in I think we might get a Pokémon of he missing reps for dlc to fulfil that request
Verge already stated that all of his sources (including the Ridley/Simon/ICs/Snake source) are now saying Incineroar.

I don't know how DLC is being handled, but the fact that Verge was able to first hint at Incineroar in July tells me that if Incineroar really did exist, he must have been pretty far in development by then. Otherwise, his sources probably wouldn't have been able to mention him yet. So unless Incineroar is purposefully held back, I don't see how he wouldn't be in the base game, or at the very least, ready for a DLC launch during December.

And as far as the ballot goes, I don't think we'll be seeing anything from Pokemon. Popularity is constantly changing with the Pokemon fanbase, and Sakurai knows that. Choosing Zoroark or Sceptile based off of requests from 2014/2015 is even riskier than choosing Incineroar.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
7 characters is already severely pushing what I can believe in left, I highly doubt there's any character playable not on the banner if the leak is true.
Not to mention it wouldn't make much sense...they wouldn't be printing out millions of an incomplete banner, would they?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Tin foil mode activated

The Pokémon rep what if it was a gen 8 rep the whole time?

Incineroar not necessary being bait but faulty information I mean it wasn’t fully confident right?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tin foil mode activated

Incineroar not necessary being bait but faulty information I mean it wasn’t fully confident right?
You mean in the base roster? I guess it's possible but very unlikely, Smash isn't a Pokemon movie.

Untouch

Smash Master
Tin foil mode activated

They'd be revealing a generation 8 pokemon (and the names of the games) through smash then, I feel that's kind of unlikely as well.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Not to mention it wouldn't make much sense...they wouldn't be printing out millions of an incomplete banner, would they?
Incineroar could simply just be DLC. It's that easy. He's more popular to the general fan base over any of the new characters in the mural

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
DLC picks would depend a lot on what Assist Trophies and Pokeball summons are left

Let's split them between Nintendo Newcomers, echos and 3rd parties and assume that DA LEAK is true

Nintendo Newcomers
  1. Spring Man/ARMS rep
  2. Incinaroar/Pokemon Rep
  3. Rex & Pyra/Elma
  4. Edlegarde/FE: 3 houses rep
Echos
  1. Impa (Sheik)/Hilda (Zelda)
  2. Gardevoir (Zelda/Palutena/Rosalina)
  3. Roll (Mega Man)
  4. Ms. Pac-Man (Mr Pac-Man, hopefully being DLC will let them sort that legal issue out)

3rd Parties
  1. Rayman
  2. Crash Bandicoot
  3. Another Microsoft rep
  4. Shantae (I still have hope darn it!)

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
You mean in the base roster? I guess it's possible but very unlikely, Smash isn't a Pokemon movie.
No I meant for dlc

Anyway we just have to wait and see if incineroar was cut during development or not

I mean the leak banner might just be missing incineroar for now since it like a test run wave

Last edited:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
Verge already stated that all of his sources (including the Ridley/Simon/ICs/Snake source) are now saying Incineroar.

I don't know how DLC is being handled, but the fact that Verge was able to first hint at Incineroar in July tells me that if Incineroar really did exist, he must have been pretty far in development by then. Otherwise, his sources probably wouldn't have been able to mention him yet. So unless Incineroar is purposefully held back, I don't see how he wouldn't be in the base game, or at the very least, ready for a DLC launch during December.

And as far as the ballot goes, I don't think we'll be seeing anything from Pokemon. Popularity is constantly changing with the Pokemon fanbase, and Sakurai knows that. Choosing Zoroark or Sceptile based off of requests from 2014/2015 is even riskier than choosing Incineroar.
Maybe they developed him like a new fighter with unique and multiple moves but they are moving him to a boss status? That could explain what verg and the others are saying.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All this talk about the Grinch leak makes me want to hire the Photoshop experts that could make this leak in pfft five minutes. Where were you guys when I was starting my business last year?
Wouldn't works these are genuine pictures with the alleged fakes material being photographed. That introduced more natural grain.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
The other fishiness is that it seems to be the case that almost all "non-vanguard" Youtubers are Team Real and the vanguard is almost all Team Fake, which suggests the split has something to do with information coming from legit or perceived legit sources.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
What if Incineroar
Gamefreak and Creatures Inc. bases some of their merchandising and marketing around Smash Bros.
They'll be shifting merchandising to LGPE and Gen 8 around the time DLC is out, so I find it pretty unlikely Incineroar is DLC. He could be cut, but leak bait and DLC seems unlikely to me.

That's just my opinion though.
My theory:
- Incineroar was put on the project plan in late 2015
- In 2016 GO released to huge success which changed Pokemon's plans and made them start developing Lets go
- Sakurai was told of this change of plans and that SuMo would no longer be relevant by Ultimate's release and with the current roster representing gen 1 really well he was cut in favor of finishing other fighters and content

Xiaolinspiration

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-4926-8462-7301
Yes, but we literally only have 1/100th of the Pokemon in Smash. Mario is already running out of notable characters to be added (the only important ones remaining are really Waluigi and Captain Toad)
Birdo, Captain Syrup & Paper Mario.

Most of the pokemon added are due to their popularity or appearance in the anime (:ultjigglypuff:|:ultmewtwo:|:ultlucario:)

So apparently youtubers are contacting square enix to flag papa geno for copy right infringement on the forest maze opening?

Smash community civil war continues.
Wait, really?

Never change, Smash community, never change.

Still, Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world and the second best selling game series...
9 is not enough for a franchise this massive
Y'all are making dumb excuses...
Incineroar is in the game. Period.
The Mario verse, the most popular gaming franchise, in history, didn't get any newcomers in Brawl. Pokemon dosen't NEED to get another newcomer.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tin foil mode activated

If we got any Pokémon from Gen 8 in the base game the only option would be Melmetal.

We already know it’s the mythical feline gen 8 since let’s go does not have anything beyond 151 in the Pokédex.
And with the heavy promotion to make Meltan and Melmetal liked, I wouldn’t be shocked if he shows up in smash.

It probably won’t happen but I’d be hyped.

Also Incenroar didn’t have to start as dlc. He could have been pushed back to push Nintendo online subscriptions.

Because if the day 1 dlc theory pans out, that still leaves plenty of time for a gen 8 mon and can work out.

The only contradiction to that though is we already have Sora as dlc rumors. So if both end up happening that means two dlc characters are already being worked on.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
What if... What if Incineroar has been in the leaked banner the whole time and we just haven't seen him yet? :laugh:

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
What if Incineroar

My theory:
- Incineroar was put on the project plan in late 2015
- In 2016 GO released to huge success which changed Pokemon's plans and made them start developing Lets go
- Sakurai was told of this change of plans and that SuMo would no longer be relevant by Ultimate's release and with the current roster representing gen 1 really well he was cut in favor of finishing other fighters and content
This actually is a very interesting theory that makes a lot of sense. Bravo

Untouch

Smash Master
Geno wasn't on the N64 though.

Actually oddly enough none of the characters but Banjo were...that's a weird coincidence lol
Ken -> Arcade
Mach Rider -> NES
Geno -> SNES
Banjo ->N64
Shadow -> Dreamcast
Chorus Kids -> GBA

I mean, they could structure a trailer like this, they're all from different systems.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ken -> Arcade
Mach Rider -> NES
Geno -> SNES
Banjo ->N64
Shadow -> Dreamcast
Chorus Kids -> GBA

I mean, they could structure a trailer like this, they're all from different systems.
You forgot Isaac who was also originally from GBA.

I don't think they'd structure any trailers based on their origins btw.

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
If we got any Pokémon from Gen 8 in the base game the only option would be Melmetal.
Just to clarify, Meltan and Melmetal are considered gen 7 Pokémon.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The only contradiction to that though is we already have Sora as dlc rumors. So if both end up happening that means two dlc characters are already being worked on.
I mean, I doubt they would only be working on one character at a time for DLC. They might announce one to confirm DLC is a thing and leave any other ones in the works as a secret for later. Kind of like what they did with Lucas, Roy and Ryu after Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
You forgot Isaac who was also originally from GBA.

I don't think they'd structure any trailers based on their origins btw.
I don't think this is actually happening but the PacMan trailer was structured around arcade releases (kinda, it was more release dates but whatever).

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
So, I hear you like Goemon. Come join the Goemon support thread.
https://smashboards.com/threads/mys...ar-in-a-video-game-so-why-not-smash-u.457287/

And yes. He is the best choice. I think since his chances for base roster have passed, HE HAS TO BE DLC!!! His only obstetrical was Bomberman.
And we need a trophy of the Goemon Crew, and one specifically for Impact.
You'd think I don't agree. I totally and automatically agree on anything Goemon. I think I already commented there, but since am a noob, ahm, how do I join? follow you?
Edit: So I always imagined that Goemon would have a 4-in-1 situation. A poof to change characters (like Shiek or Pokemon Trainer, but in a poofy way like his 64 game). A cycle that goes Goemon, Ebisu, Sasuke then Yae. That takes down each's down special. Then they're all left with 3 special moves. Which is plenty. I guess most fans agrees that his FS is Impact.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
interesting. I really wonder if Bill was giving just a baseless PR answer or if this is true. If it's true that makes Incineroar being DLC out of the question. So all those "Insiders" who "saw" him are lying
That's a quick jump from "Incineroar probably isn't dlc" to "Every insider is lying".

Um is it not possible they aren't lying and thus this leak isn't it???

Chrollo.

fka president wario

You didn’t say Genesect so that dream is still alive :denzel:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Incineroar could simply just be DLC. It's that easy. He's more popular to the general fan base over any of the new characters in the mural
I think that is possible. Sun and Moon came out fairly late in development. Perhaps they wanted Incineroar and developed him throughout development but time constraints meant he was held off for spring DLC in order to finish him.

It would explain the co-existence of this leak and the insiders if both are correct.

Last edited:

Jess. Alakasam

Smash Cadet

We already know it’s the mythical feline gen 8 since let’s go does not have anything beyond 151 in the Pokédex.
And with the heavy promotion to make Meltan and Melmetal liked, I wouldn’t be shocked if he shows up in smash.

It probably won’t happen but I’d be hyped.

Also Incenroar didn’t have to start as dlc. He could have been pushed back to push Nintendo online subscriptions.

Because if the day 1 dlc theory pans out, that still leaves plenty of time for a gen 8 mon and can work out.

Just saying, Meltan and Melmetal are Gengar 7, not gen 8.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
If I were Sakurai, this is what I'd do for the next Direct.
Reveal the remaining smaller modes, and show whether or not Trophies are a thing and whether or not there are skins/costumes to unlock. Reveal the remaining Echoes, and then have a newcomer trailer. Isaac seems likely. Finally, reveal Spirits mode, showing clips from cutscenes, but nothing that spoils anyone else who is to be in the game, and then, to finish it off, show the game's brand new opening, which brings the hype to an unseen high, showing every newcomer in the game, with clips that focus on Banjo-Kazooie, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Geno, etc..
I can't see anyone getting mad about that, and it would be an exciting way to reveal the remaining characters, without having five separate trailers in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom