• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
How long has incinaroar been known for...
Is Nintendo holding back content so we can pay for it as DLC now?
No, that's ridiculous. This is more likely to be a Mewtwo Smash 4 situation: He was low priority, known among leakers, and cut before release to the dismay of many.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I was an incineroar hater... but I will love him if hes in now after all this controversy . I admire Incineroar fans a whole lot for putting up with hate

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I mean, I hate to sound like a broken record, but if Papa's video is "He's day 1/very early DLC", then no **** he's not going to be on a banner that's being displayed in stores.

The banner from the Grinch leak is meant for stores to be put up, and it's showing you who's in the game you're purchasing right then and there.

If any character who was DLC was on that banner, that would be false advertising.
I don't know enough about the law but personally I don't think it would legally be false advertising, if anything they may be concerned about fan backlash. It would be like league of legends advertising skins being false advertisement.

And there seems to be like another character that is missing as well which is causing insiders to call the leak fake. Maybe Sora is a day 1 DLC is well? I'm trying to wrap my head around that.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Say, guys...Anyone play Sonic Heroes, and if so, remember idle quotes like these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqhP7qqI528

Well, if idle quotes were in Smash Ultimate, what idle quotes would you think characters would have towards each other? For me...

Banjo-Kazooie with Duck Hunt:

Kazooie: Hey, that dog has a bird partner like us!
Banjo: Well, what do you know?

Sonic with Captain Falcon:

Man, I never understood why they called this guy fast.

Mario with Donkey Kong:

Let's see what you've got, big monkey!

Peach with Marth:

So, you're of royalty too, huh?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
YIKES. "Steve" from Nintendo Life over on ResetERA just said PapaGenos is wrong about everything.

The stakes continue to increase.

(Can't link the post because I got banned on resetera)
Well if he's not saying "those characters aren't in" he may as well be like Spawn Wave and find it more believable if characters he's heard of were on it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
did vergerburger ever explain why he was told "gen 7 mon thats not Decidueye, mimikyu, or lycanroc" instead of just incineroar

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
And we KNOW we're getting some big 3rd partu DLC like in Sm4sh... but who will it be?

Last edited:

NextChannelGames

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the form has blown up again... I wonder why?

**Looks Back At a few Pages**

That actually makes sense the leak being real and why the Pokémon isn’t on there because he is going to be Day 1 DLC.

Also, what’s this about Papageno?

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
And we KNOW we're getting some big 3rd party DLC like in Sm4sh... but who will it be?
Sora
Geno
Lloyd Irving
Phoenix Wright or another Capcom Rep
Banjo & Kazooie
Steve
Crash Bandicoot
Maybe Doom Guy

There are the largest choices right now.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes but we have:
-Insiders who says It's Missing Characters
-Insiders who says some Characters are wrong

But
-the leak can be true alongside Incineroar and Missing Characters
-Insiders can be wrong and this is the final roster

Honestly if it's a not finished banner...

How many ****ing newcomers we're getting.
Sakurai: it has come to my attention my translator has misled the community.

When I said expect only a few characters, I meant expect many ****ing chracters.

To make up for this here’s a trailer for everyone in the base and all 20 dlc characters!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Wow, the form has blown up again... I wonder why?

**Looks Back At a few Pages**

That actually makes sense the leak being real and why the Pokémon isn’t on there because he is going to be Day 1 DLC.

Also, what’s this about Papageno?
He said Incineroar is most likely DLC and someone on ResetERA just claimed that all of PapaGenos info is wrong

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I would argue it is false advertising, frankly.
Maybe, I don't have enough law knowledge. But even if Incineroar is DLC, he's still a playable character in the game. There's nothing in the banner that explicitly implies all of the character are free with the game.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's definitely Mach Rider. Your boi :yoshi: steals her motorcycle and speeds off into the sunset.
The right answer.

Also I wonder if :ultzss: was used as a template for someone again. Her calves are so strong now. I mean you can just edit and recycle normal maps

Last edited:

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
This entire debate has turned into "this guy said it's real" "this guy said him saying it's real is wrong" "this guy says everyone saying it's wrong is wrong and it's real!" etc.
Feels like we're getting NOTHING accomplished.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Okay, what if on Banjo's home stage, there's a Palutena/Snake thing with Bottles telling Banjo and Kazooie about the fighter's abliities all in their goofy text? It'd work so perfectly.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Say, guys...Anyone play Sonic Heroes, and if so, remember idle quotes like these?

Well, if idle quotes were in Smash Ultimate, what idle quotes would you think characters would have towards each other? For me...

Mario with Donkey Kong:

Peach with Marth:

Bayonetta with Banjo-Kazooie:

Might as well show these two what it's like to deal with a real witch.

Dark Pit with Samus:

I heard a lot about you but I guess you're just Federation's hound dog.

Rosalina with Geno:

Do you... have we ever met? On somewhere far from here?

Mewtwo with pretty much everyone:

*cackles and turns around himself*

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
https://i.imgtc.com/UvydbZR.png

Really counting on my boy papagenos papagenos to BTFO the **** outta this guy. I hope the stars align!
What's it matter if he does or doesn't?

At this point it seems like people are taking sides based solely on whether they want the characters and whoever's supporting or not supporting it instead of, you know, the actual evidence.

I honestly feel like I'm in America during the height of the Red Scare with McCarthyism, except replace "Russian" with "Insider."

"They're a dirty Russian Insider! There's no way we can trust them!"

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
So apparently youtubers are contacting square enix to flag papa geno for copy right infringement on the forest maze opening?

Smash community civil war continues.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Was bored, so I decided to try and make up a mockup of the roster if the leak is legit. Couldn't even get the top rows into the shot though because the roster was too big for my browser to get in the pic.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe, I don't have enough law knowledge. But even if Incineroar is DLC, he's still a playable character in the game. There's nothing in the banner that explicitly implies all of the character are free with the game.
I mean, if someone showed you a line up of characters, only to then go home and after you boot up the game and see "Unlock Pikachu now for only 4.99", then yes, that would be considered false advertising, especially, ESPECIALLY if said piece of media did not mention at ALL that the game had in-game purchases or that "Some items here must first be unlocked through real world money transactions"

This is grounds to sue if none of your advertising mentions paid DLC.

Last edited:

Tart

Smash Cadet
Incineroar is a strange peice to this puzzle.. You'd think that if the leak was indeed fake, the leaker would've put him in the mural to make it more believable since both him and Ken were the most assumed to be in.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Okay, what if on Banjo's home stage, there's a Palutena/Snake thing with Bottles telling Banjo and Kazooie about the fighter's abliities all in their goofy text? It'd work so perfectly.
I have no idea who Bottles is, but I imagine it would work nicely if there is comprehensive voice acting involved.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Mario with Donkey Kong:

Peach with Marth:

Yoshi with literally anyone else:

Yoshi: "YOSHI!!!"
Literally anyone else: *I'm scared all of a sudden*

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
What is it about ResetERA that causes its users to be such jerks?
Because it's insiders can be jerks. Seriously, they've had to deal with some bull**** so I can understand their aggression. But it's when they make sweeping statements about the Smash community from listening to the bad apples that pisses me off and I find their arrogance hypocritical. Regardless if they're right or not.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
What's it matter if he does or doesn't?

At this point it seems like people are taking sides based solely on whether they want the characters and whoever's supporting or not supporting it instead of, you know, the actual evidence.

I honestly feel like I'm in America during the height of the Red Scare with McCarthyism, except replace "Russian" with "Insider."

"He's a dirty Russian Insider! There's no way we can trust him!"
Calm down. I'm 60:40 on the leak, mind you. I just got a rather negative tone from that guy's first post, but apparently a later post by him states that he has nothing against Geno, but that he believes he's being "duped" by his sources.

Either way, someone's gonna be paying a price at the end of all this, and I sure hope it's not PapaGeno because he'll lose a ton of credibility.

LetterO

Smash Lord
I have no idea who Bottles is, but I imagine it would work nicely if there is comprehensive voice acting involved.
In Banjo-Kazooie, Bottles is the mole who basically is the tutorial guide that teaches Banjo and Kazooie new abilities and how to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom