• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Alright, so I've actually had this thought for a REALLY long time that I wanna share.

I honestly want Cream & Cheese in Smash. Can you imagine how cool that'd be? Like, I know it probably wouldn't happen, but the thought of it is so intriguing and I can't help but sorta want it now. I think they would work pretty similar to the likes of Rosaluma, obviously as their own with multiple jumps, Cheese obviously being a lot different from Luma, etc.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
give banjo pokemon grunts. disguise him as incineroar and sneak him in.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Anyways, Rate these DLC Character's chances:
-Crash Bandicoot
-Steve
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Elma
-Octoling
-Gen 8 Pokemon
-Bandana Waddle Dee
Crash Bandicoot - 25% chance since he's an video game icon and mascot and been some demand having probably been requested on the ballot.
Steve? - 55% chance especially if Microsoft wants to further a deal with using Banjo for Base and such. Being how big Minecraft is that'd be good money on both their parts.
Ryu Hayabusa - 0% since he's not really that requested compared to other third parties.
Elma - 5% hate to say it but only one Xenoblade rep would likely make it in that being Rex. Sorry Elma, but only reason I rated her 5% is because of how big of a fan Sakurai is of Xenoblade so he could surprise us.
Octoling - 75% chance since Inkling was an lock for this game, I can see the same for Octoling as DLC.
Gen 8 Pokemon - 90% chance. No way are they gonna pass out on such promotion.
Bandana Dee - 95% chance. If he doesn't make base I can see DLC because of how popular he is in Japan especially and being one of Sakurai's babies. Those two factors alone makes him a guarantee.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
However you'd also have to wonder if a man in his 50's who doesn't take video games that seriously would understand the significance of that mural to the point they'd bother taking a video of it and snapping it out.

Moreover, you'd have to ask yourself what 50+ year old is using snapchat, let alone with memey stickers and language worthy of a teenager.
Scenario:

Eric is annoyed cause he has to work on the weekend. Sends a snap to his son/daughter/family member/friend looking around the office "I don't wanna be doing this **** on Saturday night, **** Nintendo!"

Friend realizes what they've seen. Gets excited and throws it out to the world. Scribbles out Eric's name quickly and sloppily, not realizing how bad of a job they did.

Not saying that is for sure what happened or even that I think that's what happened. But it's possible. I certainly think it's more likely than a 50 year old risking their job and reputation to leak video game info, and also more likely than someone making it all up and framing Eric for it.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
And now im starting to buy that the leak was real...

Gamexplain are well known to dish out 30min+ vids about a single rumour or theory, they went radio silence with the grinch one. They just uploaded a short vid (2 min ish) bsically saying "lol its fake". Then they didnt even mention it in their weekly coverage of the smash news.

This random person brought interesting point about how they might know or have ties with insiders AND a series of anomalies.

https://twitter.com/JoeyTheGamer101...o/iframe/twitter.min.html#1056308623171874816

Before any clever guy comes here to bash me, im just pointing toward facts about the leak, i like the content gamexplain covers.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

Gamexplain are well known to dish out 30min+ vids about a single rumour or theory, they went radio silence with the grinch one. They just uploaded a short vid (2 min ish) bsically saying "lol its fake". Then they didnt even mention it in their weekly coverage of the smash news.

This random person brought interesting point about how they might know or have ties with insiders AND a series of anomalies.

https://twitter.com/JoeyTheGamer101/status/1056308623171874816?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1056308623171874816&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#1056308623171874816

Before any clever guy comes here to bash me, im just pointing toward facts about the leak, i like the content gamexplain covers.
the theory is flawed because jonneh, the guy theyre crediting with inside information, is dead set on it being fake. i think theyre just trying to play it safe on the off chance that it is real.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Scenario:

Eric is annoyed cause he has to work on the weekend. Sends a snap to his son/daughter/family member/friend looking around the office "I don't wanna be doing this **** on Saturday night, **** Nintendo!"

Friend realizes what they've seen. Gets excited and throws it out to the world. Scribbles out Eric's name quickly and sloppily, not realizing how bad of a job they did.

Not saying that is for sure what happened or even that I think that's what happened. But it's possible. I certainly think it's more likely than a 50 year old risking their job and reputation to leak video game info, and also more likely than someone making it all up and framing Eric for it.
That's pretty much the scenario I cooked up myself.

Glad someone had the same thought and I'm not totally crazy. :laugh:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Im still confused on why people really think that Banjo can happen only because of a statement. I mean... nobody is considering really how HUGE this would be if it actually happens. This is an iconic 90’s Video Game character being a playable character in one of the BIGGEST Nintendo game of all time. Not only that, but Banjo still belongs to Microsoft and has not been sold over to Nintendo or has there ever been any deal between the two besides RARE being bought. This is a major, GAINT, tech corporation allowing Nintendo to use a specific character from their list of 2nd parties, no deals or anything, no acquisitions... and even no real benefit to Microsoft? Again these are the people who thought they owned Donkey Kong after they bought Rare...

I think the only thing that could Dissuade me is if anybody can tell me about a 2nd party or 1st party of a company crossing over to a rival company’s game. Not something where they were already working at a lower level or the rights were sold off or something... an ACTIVE 2nd or 1st party crossing over into a rival company’s game...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
If the kid is teenaged...

Well, a lot of teenagers don't really look to the future and are only focused on the "now", and are also pretty selfish.

They didn't consider that leaking the banner would cost their dad their job, they just wanted the internet points of leaking the roster.

(All hypothetical)
You have to assume his kid has the same name as his dad in that case. While not impossible, it's not something that is really common.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

https://twitter.com/JoeyTheGamer101/status/1056308623171874816?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1056308623171874816&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#1056308623171874816

I read the post earlier, and it essentially felt like he was saying, "They're probably hiding something from us, but it's possible they aren't." It's all theoretical.

Gamexplain is one of the many insiders we should be watching. I wouldn't base my opinions on their response to this leak alone.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Team Fake theory here:
They covered the name but left it visible so that people would easily find it.
They wanted people to find the name, because it's the name of a person who works with promotional stuff etc.
It was only to make the leak more credible and the actual person is not connected with the leak in any way, they just found that name and decided to use it.
The fake leaker will never come out because he could get into legal troubles for what he did: we'll never know anything about all this, it will fade into obscurity.
This guy is close to the most obscure person on the planet. You'd have a better team fake theory if it was someone who hated ol' Eric and made up a leak to get him fired, not someone going through every company, settling on a French one, and picking a company with no obvious Nintendo ties

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm #team fake but I just thought of a little something in favor of team #real. It's not evidence or anything, just a thought. We're about a month away from release. Both Brawl and Smash 4 had a full roster leak around this time. It would be a first for there not to be a full roster leak. So either the leak is real, a whole other roster leak pops up and is true, or we're getting our first speculation cycle with no full leak. And no box theory doesn't count as a leak.

Chaotix12345

Smash Rookie
The thing with Donkey/Diddy/Bowser vs. Banjo on the voice front is that the voices in the DKC games were obviously trying to evoke real ape/monkey sounds and their Smash portrayals reflect that. As for Bowz, before Super Mario Sunshine, he spoke only in monstrous roars and Sakurai decided to retain that for Smash to emphasize his fierceness. Banjo has always had one goofy hillbilly voice and his portrayals are consistently cartoony, so I VERY much doubt Sakurai would choose to portray him any other way.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Like I said, I'd wager they pulled it up in paint.

View attachment 172790
They were probably rushing or something, and the "watercolor brush" is just larger than the solid brushes.

Otherwise, they probably did it on purpose to lead people on a goose chase.

EDIT: I realized I'm not the only person who's said this. Neat. Haha
It's definitely this specific MS paint brush. But what I've found is it takes only three passes to render the text entirely illegible, and the brush isn't even at the largest setting in the leaked image.

I'd also argue it's unlikely he was rushed, given he took the time cut the three images together, after the name was "scrubbed."

KMDP

Smash Legend
You have to assume his kid has the same name as his dad in that sense. While not impossible, it's not something that is really common.
Well... maybe.

We don't know (and can't know without doing some... creepily in depth sleuthing (in a word, don't))

It's not that unusual to call people "[name] Junior" (especially here in Western Europe).

Hell, I'm fairly sure I knew someone who was "the third" in my year (grade) at school.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Moreover, you'd have to ask yourself what 50+ year old is using snapchat, let alone with memey stickers and language worthy of a teenager.
As someone who has parents in their 50's that does just this, you'd be surprised.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
I read the post earlier, and it essentially felt like he was saying, "They're probably hiding something from us, but it's possible they aren't." It's all theoretical.

Gamexplain is one of the many insiders we should be watching. I wouldn't base my opinions on their response to this leak alone.
Oh yes indeed, im not framing them or saying they are hiding stuff. Im just noting how particular has been their behaviour about this leak, The super crazy theory that inceneroar was a bait leak to frame those leakers sounded the most crazy **** ive read but perhaps with the recent turn of events it might not be that crazy.

Why would ALL insiders say " nope its fake" or not even adress this leak? I know they dont need to prove anything but a single comment dismissing why this is fake would be enough yet barely anyone has said so.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I've actually had this thought for a REALLY long time that I wanna share.

I honestly want Cream & Cheese in Smash. Can you imagine how cool that'd be? Like, I know it probably wouldn't happen, but the thought of it is so intriguing and I can't help but sorta want it now. I think they would work pretty similar to the likes of Rosaluma, obviously as their own with multiple jumps, Cheese obviously being a lot different from Luma, etc.
Cream and Cheese would be amazing! I could totally see them playing like Rosaluma.

Honestly, though, I'd take just about anyone from Sonic. I would just like to see more Sonic in Smash. :)

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
remember how sonic generations 3ds had a separate superior remix of emerald beach from sonic battle that wasnt in the console version so nobody ever heard it

anyways we need more sonic battle remixes

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's definitely this specific MS paint brush. But what I've found is it takes only three passes to render the text entirely illegible, and the brush isn't even at the largest setting in the leaked image.

I'd also argue it's unlikely he was rushed, given he took the time cut the three images together, after the name was "scrubbed."
If he didn't know what people were capable of with image manipulation programs, he might have thought what he did to cover the name was "enough".

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie
I think we'll 8 DLC fighters. 6 brand new, 2 echo. 1 or 2 every two or so months.

My guesses (more so wishes)
January- Sora to coincide with KH3 and the release of Final remix on switch, which is announced with his reveal.
March-Springman, Ribbon girl echo. Announced with a huge Arms update and/or DLC package
May- New fire emblem rep to promote Three Houses
July- Monster Hunter.
September-Octoling Echo, announced with Splatoon 2 update
November-Gen 8 pokemon. Update will come with new pokeball pokemon.
December- Andy with a new Advance Wars title for both Switch and mobile.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
The thought that GameXPlain might have insider information which causes them to not talk about the Grinch leak is like having the matrix within The Matrix. This is a theory within a theory of a leak.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Cream and Cheese would be amazing! I could totally see them playing like Rosaluma.

Honestly, though, I'd take just about anyone from Sonic. I would just like to see more Sonic in Smash. :)
Same! I just want anyone! Particularly Tails, Cream & Cheese, the Chaotix as a Pokémon Trainer-esque fighter, and Silver. It's all very unlikely for any of them (well, except Tails) to get in, but we can dream, right? XD

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
If he didn't know what people were capable of with image manipulation programs, he might have thought what he did to cover the name was "enough".
Except zero manipulation is required. The name is visible to the naked eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom