• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that the leak is true (I don't think it is, but let's assume it is), if the Chorus Kids are there with the conductor, then they would probably be called Glee Club, as the name of their minigame.
Rhythm Heaven wouldn't make much sense unless the character is a mix of cameos of different characters all together in one single moveset.
Also, Rhythme Heaven is an actual location in the series.
If we go with other languages like Spanish, 'Glee Club' doesn't make sense since it's called just 'The Choir' (El Coro)
The Chorus Kids sounds better in any language (Los Chicos del Coro in Spanish for example)

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Sorry to distract from the Mach Rider discussion, but I made this comic and I wanted to get some thoughts on it.

So? What did ya think? Anything I could do better?
"CATCH PHRASE!"
"CATCH PHRASE!"
"CATCH PHRASE!"
"CATCH PHRASE!"

It's a pretty great comic, your style has always been something else, as an artist, I love the uniqueness! I like the shiny coloring on the Inkling's heads especially, makes it stand out.

D

Deleted member

Mach Rider won't be an Echo.

There's a big difference between Mach and Falcon.
One actually uses their gun.

Mach Rider is the only character out of all the supposed newcomers that Sakurai would be using that mech rifle as a reference for.

Chrono.

Okay so this is news to me, apparently Mach Rider was a toy Nintendo manufactured before they got into video games.

mach_rider_01.JPG

If Mach Rider really does get in, I guess they'd be the first Smash character to be a part of Nintendo's toy era.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Random question. Do we know exactly what stage the character mural is supposed to be? Going by aesthetic I assume it's some version of Battlefield, but I don't know if it's Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Final Destination Battlefield, or whatever.

And if we do know the exact stage, has anyone checked to see if the castle and other missing stuff are in the background in the actual stage? I'm guessing someone probably has, but I haven't seen any talk about it.
I have no clue which one it would be, though I better be able to stage morph between Final Destination Battlefield and Battlefield Final Destination.

(also it's a really huge nitpick of mine that FD versions go by omega but BF versions go by Battlefield... arrrrrrgh, I'm calling them what I want)

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
So, just checking...

Theories and Rumors with somem merit, that are still alive are:

1. Box Theory a.k.a. worst case scenario
Implying Ken as an Echo and only one more unique character

2. Vergeben
Implying Ken, Incineroar, Square Enix Rep (possibly Geno or Sora) and Minecraft Content (ranging from Assist Trophy to playable character)

3. Ken picture
Implying Ken

4. Grinch Theory
Implying Ken, Shadow, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Men, Isaac and Geno

Based on this my ranking of the characters by probability of being in:
1. Ken (90-99%)
2. Geno (55%)
3. Incineroar (40 %)
4. Shadow, Banjo, Mach Rider, Chorus Men, Isaac (30 %)
5. Sora (10 %)
6. Steve (Minecraft) (5 %)

Ken is pretty much in, still there is no 100 % until confirmation...
Geno seems more likely now, as he is both implied by Vergeben and Grinch.
Incineroar took a hit from Grinch Theory and actually has only Vergeben as indication...
Thoughts?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry to distract from the Mach Rider discussion, but I made this comic and I wanted to get some thoughts on it.

So? What did ya think? Anything I could do better?
I'm gonna be honest.

This comic is fantastic and the art is amazing. Pac-Man's expression at the end is gold, lol. Nice work!

osby

Smash Obsessed
What bothers me is that most of the characters in this leak are from dead franchises, granted highly requested, but still dead. I mean I love golden sun and hope Isaac is in yet GS dark dawn was not on par, and after the Banjo's last game sucking a big one and comming out like 10 years ago (he's been dead to me since then), not to mention Geno, a side character (one of the best if not the best at that) from a 20 year old game, would sqaure enix really want him to be in or would they preffer to promote something a bit more relevant? What would they gain besides some praise from the hardcore fans? These are just my 2 cents take them as you will...
When you said it like that, it's kinda suspicious. I mean, I know a lot of fans gone "**** relevance, it means nothing" but we didn't really get any character from dead franchises.

I'm not ruling it out, there are still Ken/Shadow/Chorus Kids, but I'll keep that in mind.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So, just checking...

2. Vergeben
Implying Ken, Incineroar, Square Enix Rep (possibly Geno or Sora) and Minecraft Content (ranging from Assist Trophy to playable character)

3. Ken picture
Implying Ken

4. Grinch Theory

1. Ken (90-99%)
2. Geno (55%)
3. Incineroar (40 %)
5. Sora (10 %)

Incineroar took a hit from Grinch Theory and actually has only Vergeben as indication...
Thoughts?
Pretty much sums it up.

Give it a few days. I'm sure we'll get another leak to throw in there.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So, just checking...

2. Vergeben

3. Ken picture
Implying Ken

4. Grinch Theory

1. Ken (90-99%)
2. Geno (55%)
3. Incineroar (40 %)
5. Sora (10 %)

Thoughts?
I pretty much agree with all of that. Though, my predictions based on the likelihoods of all leaks/rumors aren't on equal footing, so I think 4 is a much higher likelihood from where I stand. However, putting them all on equal footing, my percentages would exactly match yours. And I also like how you clarify nothing's 100% until confirmed, which is a point I try to make often--100% means no amount of information in the world could change one's mind (I can always think of one--the Directs themselves).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really enjoy your art style. And your bold color pallet.

Got something to subscribe to?
Here you are

Sorry I took so long, I just made this account. So many people were asking where they could find my stuff but I never thought it was good enough to actually post somewhere. But I finally decided to do it.

I think we got ourselves the next Brawl in the Family right here.
That is the best thing i've heard all night.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
View attachment 172225
could some one compare this background with this?
View attachment 172226
im still waiting for some one to cmpare them both , my pc is very laggy... so ya..

no one has tried to do it yet.....
It is the same as other leaked banner and different from the E3 one. You can just barely notice the waterfall cut off early behind the 'S' just as it does in the leaked banner but not the E3 one.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here you are

Sorry I took so long, I just made this account. So many people were asking where they could find my stuff but I never thought it was good enough to actually post somewhere. But I finally decided to do it.
Good for you, man! Positive reactions from people you don't even know to stuff you've made is the best feeling.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Okay so this is news to me, apparently Mach Rider was a toy Nintendo manufactured before they got into video games.

View attachment 172227

If Mach Rider really does get in, I guess they'd be the first Smash character to be a part of Nintendo's toy era.
So the character that's supposedly a woman dressed as a man's first appearance was as a drag racer.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
I pretty much agree with all of that. Though, my predictions based on the likelihoods of all leaks/rumors aren't on equal footing, so I think 4 is a much higher likelihood from where I stand. However, putting them all on equal footing, my percentages would exactly match yours. And I also like how you clarify nothing's 100% until confirmed, which is a point I try to make often--100% means no amount of information in the world could change one's mind (I can always think of one--the Directs themselves).
I feel like it depends on how much weight you put on the 4 theorys individually, which is highly subjective of course...
I gave Vergeben the highest weight as he got actually things right before (as in, they are officially confirmed).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Here you are

Great! Just made an account to watch you. Good luck with it!

Chrono.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't posted earlier, so here.

Mystic had more to say.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's a full thread so make sure you read the whole thing, I just embedded what seemed most interesting to me.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Here you are

I "subscribed" too.
(My DA account is very old, neglected and full of trash, besides the Adeleine fan arts that I used for the support threads etc. over the years).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I feel like it depends on how much weight you put on the 4 theorys individually, which is highly subjective of course...
I gave Vergeben the highest weight as he got actually things right before (as in, they are officially confirmed).
Indeed, it's certainly subjective, which is why I thought about, taking away my biases, what I'd rate them, and they exactly matched yours. I'm more biased towards image leaks, if I feel they have potential to be real, to rumors, as there's always an element of appeal to authority even with someone with a perfect (so far) track record. Same reason why I take all the insiders going against the current leak into consideration, even though I weigh them less than others do. And there's so many reasons why I think this leak could be fake (I'm at 60-40 in my sig, but it's mostly just for funsies), just not enough to outweigh the positives. It's all fun and (literally) games. :)

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778

Mystic had more to say.
It's a full thread so make sure you read the whole thing, I just embedded what seemed most interesting to me.

interesting.

there is DEFINITELY strange things happening behind the scenes/and with people "in the know" with this one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I WISH I could draw as good as you...

Or maybe that's for the best. Who knows what horrors I could bring into the world :yoshi:
The question isn't what, but how. We all know exactly what kind of horrors you'd draw.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I "subscribed" too.
(My DA account is very old, neglected and full of trash, besides the Adeleine fan arts that I used for the support threads etc. over the years).
My DeviantArt account is OLD!!! I've not touched it in like 5 years (it's not even under the name "Zinith," and no I won't disclose what it is)

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice

Mystic had more to say.
Very interesting thread, thanks for posting it.

He also is adamant that Incineraor is in and said there will be a unique character trailer with two characters.

Chrono.

interesting.

there is DEFINITELY strange things happening behind the scenes/and with people "in the know" with this one.
Yeah, regardless of this leak, it feels like a cat's outta the bag and it ain't just Incineroar.

We'll see what happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom