• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
This reminds me of the Sneaky Spirits from Rhythm Heaven being shown on Smash Run in an IGN E3 clip. It caused everyone to think Chorus Kids were in 100% (including me oop).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why not?

Much like how that Earthbound Mushroom is used to invert the controls of the opponent, the sprout could be used to directly control your opponent (like mirroring attacks) for a little bit.

Just because it's not the most prominent aspect of the series doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked over. See "Klaptrap" as opposed to "Rambi"
The "3D" point still stands. Also that'd be implementing two items with identical functions in one game. Any precedent for that?

Last edited:

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
I'd like to give my opinion on the content that is being shown on this leak.

This Leak shows characters like Issac, Banjo, Ken, Choras Kids, Geno and Mach Rider, they seem like cool characters, and I completely support there inclusion into Ultimate! But, this is we're it gets...disappointing for me...

Shadow, who I will admit is easy to develop, isn't who I was hoping for, I'd rather have Tails (if its Unique, Metal would be my Echo pick) in Ultimate, i just want to clarify this now...

I'm on Neutral, but I am leaning to fake, not because it doesn't include Tails, but instead how it feels...wish listy, I know, 'very good argument', but that's my opinion on it.

Also, if we even get DLC, I doubt that Tails will make it due to how Sega really only cares about Shadow, annoyingly. But I also hope you don't think I'm ungrateful, I'm very pleased with what Sakurai has given us, but for me, who only had one requested character, it really bumbs me out, and I really don't like Shadow at all. (not to insult the shadow fans)

For me, it's a lose/lose situation, if it's Real, then Shadow gets in before Tails, with Tails having no chance.

Or lose if fake, as someone's jobs is on the line, and they might even get fired, which isn't even cool.

Untouch

Smash Master
Since we won't be able to tell what the item truly is until the next direct, #TeamWait gains another point.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
And now the sprout could be not related to Golden Sun.
Let's go dooooooooown again. Freakin' rollercoaster dudes.
I'm go to bed, what could happen tomorrow?
Bowsette?
Bowsette would make for a YR post actually

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

Before I step out, this pretty much captures my feelings. I WANT IT TO BE REAAAAAAAAAAAL

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Maybe it's in a bubble for more of an aesthetic appeal and to make it seem more pronounced as an item?

Maybe it can be popped and once the Sprout plummets, it burrows and performs the task assigned to it?

Yes, there's lots of assumptions to be made, but when most of the refutations are simply nitpicks at the aesthetics as well as similar assumptions? It's safe to say that nothing is concrete and that, by virtue, every opinion is both equally valid as it is false.

I made that post for the funnies, and really, this is all a matter of subjectivity at the end of the day, albeit it's incredibly coincidental this just happened to barely show up for a second in promotional material right after more people were starting to lean towards a leak, which features Issac looking to cast some herbal spell, being fake.

There's been a huge amount of coincidences involved in this speculation cycle, regardless of the legitimacies behind them all.

ItsZant

Smash Cadet
Apparently someone said that the Greninja on the mural on the van in the nintendo trailer shows more of his tongue exactly like the Greninja in the grinch leak mural? Can someone confirm this?

SonicMario

Smash Master

This Leak shows characters like Issac, Banjo, Ken, Choras Kids, Geno and Mach Rider, they seem like cool characters, and I completely support there inclusion into Ultimate! But, this is we're it gets...disappointing for me...

Shadow, who I will admit is easy to develop, isn't who I was hoping for, I'd rather have Tails (if its Unique, Metal would be my Echo pick) in Ultimate, i just want to clarify this now...

I'm on Neutral, but I am leaning to fake, not because it doesn't include Tails, but instead how it feels...wish listy, I know, 'very good argument', but that's my opinion on it.

Also, if we even get DLC, I doubt that Tails will make it due to how Sega really only cares about Shadow, annoyingly. But I also hope you don't think I'm ungrateful, I'm very pleased with what Sakurai has given us, but for me, who only had one requested character, it really bumbs me out, and I really don't like Shadow at all. (not to insult the shadow fans)

For me, it's a lose/lose situation, if it's Real, then Shadow gets in before Tails, with Tails having no chance.

Or lose if fake, as someone's jobs is on the line, and they might even get fired, which isn't even cool.
Tails will have a chance in DLC, don't be so down in the dumps because Shadow maybe gets in first as an echo. Tails couldn't have been an echo.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician

I don't really think it's selfish to have a most wanted and not like this leak because it gets in the way of your most wanted. The only two characters I wanted in Smash were Isabelle and Shantae, and I'm actively hoping the leak is fake just so Shantae still has a chance.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I think if Nintendo removed the video and reuploads it with the item missing, its probably Golden Sun. If they don’t it doesn’t mean its not, but in the past when they’ve accidentally leaked characters, they were quick to delete, edit, and reupload the video. Though, there’s obviously a huge difference between an item vs whole characters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I know tensions are high and topic discussion have been exhausted save for this leak but do try to keep posts on-topic (whatever that is). This is technically still a discussion thread, not a social thread.
We really need a slow-mode thread for people who actually want to discuss this and not just react to it. Is there any chance we can get this, Venus? I can start it if necessary.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There’s favors for all the leaked characters if real

Isaac
The new suposivly item if it really is growth and not the healing field altered for certain stages (if true)
The rathalos image resembles golden sun scene
High on ballot
King k rool return to relevance due to fan request Isaac could be the same case
Recently trade mark

Geno
Sakurai actually wants him
Only mii costume to get splash screen
High on ballot
Second Mario icon could be for genos game
Second square rep hinted

Mach rider
Was considered for melee and is going back to previous thought stuff
The toy gun Sakurai wanted resemblance is uncanning for Mach riders gun
Retro pick of smash ultimate if in
Recently got new trademark

Chorus men
Cut from smash 4 and you know who else was cut and that’s Chrom and he’s playable this time
Rythmn heaven rep is highly requested
Recently trademarked

Shadow
Knuckles might be taking his place
Perfect size and looks and shape for sonic echo
High on ballot
Isabelle and Dark Samus were previously assist that got promoted
Ritcher proved the no more than 1 third party theory wrong

Ken
The original echo fighter of all video games
Suposivly leak image
Probably the easiest echo fighter to make
Hinted by creditable people

Banjo and kazooie
Microsoft stuff rumored (Minecraft to be more specific)
Phil thumbs up banjo if asked in
High on ballot
Recently trademarked
Papa Genoa’s creditable source (if creditabke) suposivly saids banjo is in

Did I miss anything?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The title of this thread should be changed from "Warning: Possible Spoilers/Leaks" to "Warning: HIDE YO KIDS, HIDE YO WIFE, 'CAUSE THEY LEAKIN' EVERYBODY OUT HERE Y'ALL"

Last edited:

ThreeT

Smash Apprentice
Another thing to think about is why this item wasn't revealed before. Like in the August Direct. Possibly because they wanted to hide a possible newcomer?????

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This guy's post is so confusing, does he think it's real or not?
I did notice he's connected to KH in some way.
He seemed 100% convinced at first but now has reason to at least somewhat doubt it.

Yeah I know. That's the KHInsider Translator.
He also said that there a character missing here but it would make sense as of why they're missing and when the roster will be revealed, it would be more understandable as of why they're not here.

I feel like it might link to Spawn-Wave's VGA DLC claim
Nekoo you're pretty good with insider rep. You think this is reliable at all?

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Another thing to think about is why this item wasn't revealed before. Like in the August Direct. Possibly because they wanted to hide a possible newcomer?????
I don't think this is necessarily true, they could be pacing item reveals out.

Chrono.

This guy's post is so confusing, does he think it's real or not?
I did notice he's connected to KH in some way.
He thought it was real last night, but right now he's labeling it as "unconfirmed"

I'm guess he went from real to neutral.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
Yeah I know. That's the KHInsider Translator.
He also said that there a character missing here but it would make sense as of why they're missing and when the roster will be revealed, it would be more understandable as of why they're not here.

I feel like it might link to Spawn-Wave's VGA DLC claim
That was my hunch ever since I heard about that VGA claim.

This is probably the base roster, and we're going to get the rest as DLC so it makes sense they're not on there.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Back in June/July I predicted that we'd get a Direct in August and October. We got the August one, but for some reason didn't get the October one, and now we're pushing November.

If we'd gotten the October one 2-3 weeks ago like I predicted, then none of this would be happening.
Exactly my thoughts. After the August Direct I expected there to be a somewhat small Direct in September (which we all know turned out to be nothing more than a single, rather unimportant character announcement), and one final Direct in October that would announce the last 3 or 4 fighters and show us the last bit of info we need to know before release, then we all ride November out with the info we were shown. But no, Sakurai/Nintendo/whoever made the decision to delay the announcements as much as possible knowing damn well their luck would run out and leaks would start swarming the internet. As I said, they have no one to blame but themselves for all this.

The one silver lining about this whole event is that this has been the most exciting 48 hours I've had in a long time.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Additionally, I would like to remind everyone to try to avoid spammy posts, one-liner posts, image only posts, and quote only posts or ones with “^” or “truth” written in it.

I know tensions are high and topic discussion have been exhausted save for this leak but do try to keep posts on-topic (whatever that is). This is technically still a discussion thread, not a social thread.
Awwwwwe, pretty much all of my posts are (on topic) one-liners.

(unless I have another line for a small, quippy aside)

Oh, also on topic. Um--I have no clue what that green energy ball is. Judging from all the pics, it could be from Golden Sun, but I know nothing about the series to be certain (while not the healing field, the fact the symbol is used widely in a variety of different ways, could just point to it being another generic item, but doesn't look like the healing field).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom