• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash fans have been hounding everyone notable.

I'm not surprised they wanna steer clear of this.
Maybe, but if they haven't nothing holding them back, how much harm can a discussion do. It be them giving their thoughts on the roster and how real they think it is.

They've had discussions over other leaks for fun before. So I really think something is preventing them here. They never pass up discussion oppertunites.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
This wouldn't be the first time Nintendo themselves spoiled a character, I remember Ganondorf and Lucario were leaked on the dojo before they were revealed in Brawl
Ganondorf was also leaked for Smash 4 in an advert. He was off the side of the screen.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Who would win?

A ton of graphic designers and artists coming out to point out valid discrepencies with the backgrounds of a huge leak as well as numerous reliable insiders basically saying "no" to it

Or...

One leaf-y orb.
This could mean several things.

It could just be a Smash-original item. It could be Growth but Isaac isn't playable (the Pitfall Seed originated in Brawl, before Villager was made playable-- plus as I've mentioned before, Lip's Stick). Isaac could be playable, but the banner deal isn't true.

It can ultimately be nothing at all or kill the box but have nothing to do with the banner leak.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But we already have plenty of "pick-up and absorb" healing items (Maxim tomato, heart container, even food). How many different healing items like this do we expect them to make? At least the actual healing field item heals multiple people in a fixed area, which at least is a new concept. But another new item has the same leaf logo as the healing field but only heals one person when picked up? Ehhh...
"I think it's excessive" is not a really good argument against it, because I also think it's excessive. It doesn't mean they won't.

Though, it would probably be a regen over time effect since it would have to be similar to the field.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Yea the bubble is what's stopping me in my tracks.

Anyone got an idea for how it can be GS AND have that bubble?
Purely conjecture, but if it's indeed pysnergy that basically means it's magic. If you want it to be any form of throwable, it'd need to be in some sort of container.

Chrono.

Maybe, but if they haven't nothing holding them back, how much harm can a discussion do. It be them giving their thoughts on the roster and how real they think it is.

They've had discussions over other leaks for fun before. So I really think something is preventing them here. They never pass up discussion oppertunites.
I'll concede on that, since they were pretty eager to make a discussion on Star Fox Grand Prix, which never ended up happening even though all of them believed it was going to.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
When does Nintendo usually update their nightly blog post? I've been mashing F5 and it's still on Pac-Man.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Since I've been gone, some people on #teamfake went to #teamreluctantlytrueithink?

the people who remain in #teamfake...

i respect the stubbornness tbh lmao what a ****in ride guys.
Reluctantly true? Who wants to be wrong about not believing a leak that promises 7 more characters?

I've been neutral/leaning on skepticism for most of this time. But I'm willing to kick out all the skepticism and admit I was wrong and just yell out happily that I was wrong if it is. People can call out any my skepticism/refusing to take a side posts all they want if they want to (No one has, I'm just saying that in case it does), but it's not like it's going to bring down the happiness of having 7 more characters to look forward to when just 3 days ago I was thinking 5 at the absolute most.

I've at least moved to where Isaac seems likely that much is true.

kylexv

Smash Master
The worst part about the leak, if it's true, is the thought "I wonder what would have happened if the leak didn't happen and we saw it officially first".

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Although the item does appear to be from Golden Sun, I wouldn't say that this completely verifies the leak, nor does it guarantee that Isaac is playable. Many series have had items in Smash without any characters from that series playable. I know some may not like hearing that, but feel like it needs to be said.

Though it does make the case for Isaac more interesting, which is nice.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
The bubble makes perfect sense to me. If this is indeed from GS, then it would represent a spell, not an item. Spells being represented by a symbol inside a bubble/crystal is pretty common in video games.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This could mean several things.

It could just be a Smash-original item. It could be Growth but Isaac isn't playable (the Pitfall Seed originated in Brawl, before Villager was made playable-- plus as I've mentioned before, Lip's Stick). Isaac could be playable, but the banner deal isn't true.

It can ultimately be nothing at all or kill the box but have nothing to do with the banner leak.
As I've said before, I think Sakurai understands the implications of putting in a Golden Sun item with absolutely no character. Let's not be silly. I understand it's a possibility, but I just want to give my own two cents there on why I feel it's not something to be pushed.

Untouch

Smash Master
Ooh, one of the Nikki pictures is new, unlike most of the blog posts where they just reuse the picture.

191_2[1].jpg

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
Holy crap this is crazy; I know Nintendo has never really done anything like this in the past, but man does it seem like a pretty huge coincidence that they posted footage that included this specific item on today of all days.
I'm pretty sure it's not a coincidence, even if the leak is fake.

Maybe Nintendo saw a big upsurge in interest in Smash on social media due to the leak, and decided to capitalize on it by starting their marketing campaign.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
And now the sprout could be not related to Golden Sun.
Let's go dooooooooown again. Freakin' rollercoaster dudes.
I'm go to bed, what could happen tomorrow?
Bowsette?

Last edited:

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
Then he got an idea! An awful idea!
The Grinch got a wonderful, awful idea!
"I know just what to do!" The Grinch laughed in his throat.
"I'll make a quick edit in Photoshop and post!"
And he chuckled, and clucked, "What a great grinchy trick!
With this blur and this filter, the reaction will be sick!"

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
If this is a spell you buy or learn, making it an item would be pretty odd honestly.

Also the blog post is Nikki, only 2 posts this week.
making the screw attack into an item was weird, making a submarine into a gun was weird, its not like there are not odd items in smash already

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Ok, hear me out. I don't know if this is exactly what I was thinking of, but there's these two items in Kid Icarus Uprising

The Chomp Trap

KIU_Chomp_Trap.jpg

and the Cyclone

Cycloneart.png

Perhaps I'm stretching it here, but they look incredibly similar to this new sprout item to me. I wouldn't put past it being an original Smash item.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom