• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
If it's so easy to make a believable banner leak then why is this the first one we've seen?
I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first one making newcomers into the banner.

Nekoo Nekoo you got any more room on TeamHmmm

I'll bring marshmallows and Mary-Kate & Ashley VHS's
Sure My man, just enjoy the show, and watch the firework happens when one side of the other explode

fiddlefaddle199x

Smash Rookie
If Dixie and Monster Hunter were truly cut, I think there is a decent chance Incineroar was also cut at some point. It's also possible that he was just leak bait all along. Or Vergeben was a fraud all along. Or some of his sources were right and some were wrong and he couldn't tell the difference. We may never know. Actually, we probably won't know the answers to many questions we now have. But I have some more questions.

Dixie being cut implies that she was more than just an echo. Echoes (or clones) seem, if anything, to be (somewhat) easy roster padding. They've managed to squeeze last minute clones into previous games for that reason. If Dixie was an echo, you'd think they could have made it work within their time frame. Or perhaps they decided they wanted to do echo sets with DLC and decided to hold her off for DLC to save crucially valuable time last minute (this option seems less likely).

I love the mind**** of Mach Rider, but at the same time, I have to ask... why Mach Rider? Yes, I know, characters don't "steal" slots from others characters, but they could have squeezed in one more massive fan-favorite instead of a random retro character that has middling interest. Yes, those characters are traditionally and almost expected at this point, but to think Mach Rider was worth spending crucial developmental time on instead of just ONE more character seems odd. Yes, I'm talking about the most wanted character from Nintendo's second biggest original franchise. Skull Kid. Why can Zelda not get a rep that isn't of the Triforce trio? Yes, even if they didn't make Mach Rider, it isn't at all guaranteed that Skull Kid would have been the one that benefited from the extra time - but surely he was close to the top. Now that Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, Geno, and Isaac are out of the way - who else could be in the top 3 most long-running fan request characters that are still strongly wanted for Smash? Surely Skull Kid is top 3 in that now - possibly number 1. So there is a case to be made that he could potentially have been next. Especially when many of the signs that pointed toward Shadow and Isabelle also pointed to Skull Kid. Again, I adore that Mach Rider is in, but I am confused by it none the less.

Sora announced as DLC the day before Smash is released? Yes please. I hope this is true.

Lastly, the idea of Skull Kid VS Waluigi fighting to be crowned the #1 fan requested character from the community is enticing.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Fake or not, at least we actually have something to work with. My only concern is that if the Grinch Leak is deconfirmed, then all those who poured all their hope juice into it won't be pleased with what we do get. We have history of this. Better to be Team 50/50.
Right there with you. #TeamNeutral

All I really want to know is if papagenos papagenos "friends' Microsoft source" is BSing him or not..

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fake or not, at least we actually have something to work with. My only concern is that if the Grinch Leak is deconfirmed, then all those who poured all their hope juice into it won't be pleased with what we do get. We have history of this. Better to be Team 50/50.
Yeah, I'm Team Hmmm on that. Still could be true.

Also, I wonder if we need a new leak thread. This one is already turned into a one.

EDIT: I'll bring drinks.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Over the past 24+ hours, even as someone that wants Geno and Banjo Kazooie in, I've come to the point where I barely care at all about this leak due to how much of a headache and wild ride it is/has been. I'm praying we get some confirmation in one way or another very soon or else I might dip and only return after the last base roster characters are revealed.

T!t!

Smash Cadet
Well, On another news...Seems that someone decided to show that moving character around isn't impossible or hard to do, nor complicated to redraw part

Source being ResetEra
just gonna make a comment on this one.The rough part isnt moving characters and pasting them somewhere. Everybody with decent graphical skills can do such a thing. But the really rough part is to keep the background accurate. Especially considering the fact that on one of the pictures, the entire background without characters on it was presented. This is a huge deal because somebody would have to take the time to produce himself the missing parts of the stage, the clouds, the lightings and so on. This is not something you just cut and paste from one point to another. And making renders of the newcomers in an artstyle that fits the already existing characters' look is also something that you won't just do that easily. Just consider the time someone has to put into this entire leak to produce it himself. Hard to say how many hours/days you will need to be able to produce a fake leak like this.

Also besides arguing about the editing that has to be done, there are a lot of other questions you should also ask yourself:
1. Why would someone even try to move many characters? If you are capable of drawing any character in the artstyle of the Ultimate banner, you probably would try to make renders that fit pretty easy into already existing gaps.
2. Why bother to show a picture with only the background without any characters? Completely unnecessary work you do. Unless you don't need to do the work because you already have access to the background without characters, then it's easy to just add it in case anyone is doubting the leak.
3. Why hide a name in the corner of the image? Also not really something, a fake leaker would put any effort into.
4.Why hide the name so poorly that people can still figure out what's written there? Furthermore why put a name of a person into the leak who has a connection to a company working with Bandai Namco?
5. Why even bother making a Grinch movie render?
These are already 5 things I highly doubt any fake leaker would put any effort into. There exists too much information alongside the actual character reveals on the banner and trying to debunk this will be much harder than some people think. If I try to put myself into the position of a fake leaker, I would definitely only try to make one good, kinda possible/realistic picture without any context. And of course I would go with something likely and avoid anything that seems unlikely. At this point I want to throw in some names: Would you let Incineroar out after people are almost convinced he is in the game? On the other side: Would you put Chorus Kid into your fake leak alongside safe guesses like Ken and Shadow?

I do understand that people are being sceptical about any leak but one point some people already brought up: Do not forget people who wanted to debunk the ESRB leak by arguing about Shulk having the face of Little Mac.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I wonder if Dixie, Monster Hunter and Ray will be our first batch of DLC characters.

I'm still pretty certain Incineroar might still be in as the "missing character" if the banner is true.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Going to leave thread for some time, we are all going in circles right now and I hope that something new is found when I come back.
Also, still on Team Real on it.
Insiders whole reason to be believed is "just trust me", with the only exception being SW having a streak.
All of the Linkedin stuff is probaly real, since they had the same location of study and the time frame matches with Marina's statement.
The only way for it to be debunked would be:
1-Nintendo revealing something deconfirming it, be it one of the leaked characters on a different place than on the leaked mural or one of them getting AT'd
2-The new industry saying something about it, wich will not happen for some time since its involvement on the case is recent, and since most people probaly jumped ship after Marina's statement on it, it will take some time till the rumors reach their ears
If I catch you before you leave, what exactly did Spawn Wave say? His video was pure speculation, nothing in it that would give us any indication for its veracity (unless we go with the "just trust me" argument, which I agree is flimsy, but you seem to be suggesting he had more than that). I keep hearing this, but I haven't seen anybody provide any new info from Spawn Wave (all we know from him, I think, is there's one character who is not just Incineroar, but might be a later addition or DLC).

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
grinch leak or box theory I don't see many differences, it's still people fighting each other.
I miss the old days when there was nothing to talk about and we just made memes and ****posts.

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
The problem is!
You are trying to say the leak is fake for more than 5 ours now.

Please say to me how the leaker made everything, not just this banner.

Please.
I literally said that the leak hasn't been debunked yet not an hour ago. I never said it was fake, I'm arguing that there are points against it and that it isn't watertight. Which I feel I've successful in. But let's say I haven't offered a single effective refutation. You're trying to tell me:
  • They couldn't have plucked the name off of linkedin at random.
  • The badly done covering up couldn't be intentional, despite it being intentional being easier.
  • A man in his fifties (I recall he graduated in 1981, though I'm not sure where I seen this?) has decided to come out saying "**** you, Nintendo" with an ironic laughing emoji.
  • This supposed leaker couldn't have spent a day slapping this together, even though certain flaws in the art, namely Shadow's chunky arm, have been pointed out.
  • This ResetERA user cobbling it together was, in fact, an Act Of God and not evidence that it could have been cobbled together in a day or two.
You're lying to yourself, and for what? So that a cloud can turn out to be Omnimon or something? Let me make this clear: I don't believe this leak to be fully debunked. But it sure as hell isn't watertight.

Dukemon

Smash Apprentice
My vote goes to Kamen Rider-Argument. (Kamen Rider Wizard, to be correct)

Last edited:

7982Brick

Smash Cadet
I just want Banjo and Chorus Kids in Smash if this ends up fake I just hope they still make it in as DLC. Please Sakurai

meowth_thats_wrong

Smash Cadet
Yes it is, go please and take your time to make all this **** for a leak
And than come back here
I will wait
Given how low quality the Snapchat was, and given that the original art style of the banner is pretty messy, this leak could literally be made by anyone with experience with graphic design and photoshop. Meanwhile ArtsyOmni made a fake 3D render accompanied by a mock animation. It's not a lot of effort if you have the experience with a universal photo editing program.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
grinch leak or box theory I don't see many differences, it's still people fighting each other.
I miss the old days when there was nothing to talk about and we just made memes and ****posts.
We still do that, it just gets overshadowed by all of the arguments...

KMDP

Smash Legend
Over the past 24+ hours, even as someone that wants Geno and Banjo Kazooie in, I've come to the point where I barely care at all about this leak due to how much of a headache and wild ride it is/has been. I'm praying we get some confirmation in one way or another very soon or else I might dip and only return after the last base roster characters are revealed.
It's mentally exhausting.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Watch them add Ken to the banner in a similar upper-cutting state, but in a different position on the stage. If any render of a new fighter even remotely resembles this banner leak, we all know what that means. Ken for the win..?

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
You know what, I'm done posting for a while. I can't take both sides being argumentive over a leak

Untouch

Smash Master
just gonna make a comment on this one.The rough part isnt moving characters and pasting them somewhere. Everybody with decent graphical skills can do such a thing. But the really rough part is to keep the background accurate. Especially considering the fact that on one of the pictures, the entire background without characters on it was presented. This is a huge deal because somebody would have to take the time to produce himself the missing parts of the stage, the clouds, the lightings and so on. This is not something you just cut and paste from one point to another. And making renders of the newcomers in an artstyle that fits the already existing characters' look is also something that you won't just do that easily. Just consider the time someone has to put into this entire leak to produce it himself. Hard to say how many hours/days you will need to be able to produce a fake leak like this.

Also besides arguing about the editing that has to be done, there are a lot of other questions you should also ask yourself:
1. Why would someone even try to move many characters? If you are capable of drawing any character in the artstyle of the Ultimate banner, you probably would try to make renders that fit pretty easy into already existing gaps.
2. Why bother to show a picture with only the background without any characters? Completely unnecessary work you do. Unless you don't need to do the work because you already have access to the background without characters, then it's easy to just add it in case anyone is doubting the leak.
3. Why hide a name in the corner of the image? Also not really something, a fake leaker would put any effort into.
4.Why hide the name so poorly that people can still figure out what's written there? Furthermore why put a name of a person into the leak who has a connection to a company working with Bandai Namco?
These are already 5 things I highly doubt any fake leaker would put any effort into. There exists too much information alongside the actual character reveals on the banner and trying to debunk this will be much harder than some people think. If I try to put myself into the position of a fake leaker, I would definitely only try to make one good, kinda possible/realistic picture without any context. And of course I would go with something likely and avoid anything that seems unlikely. At this point I want to throw in some names: Would you let Incineroar out after people are almost convinced he is in the game? On the other side: Would you put Chorus Kid into your fake leak alongside safe guesses like Ken and Shadow?

I do understand that people are being sceptical about any leak but one point some people already brought up: Do not forget people who wanted to debunk the ESRB leak by arguing about Shulk having the face of Little Mac.
1. This would have been debunked in 5 minutes if it wasn't the case, everyone knows the renders move when the mural updates.
2. Makes the leak look more real, even having the background asset was used as a big point for the leak being real early on.
3. Could have been accidental. Personally I think they did it on purpose to try and shift the blame to someone else they knew used to work at the company.
4. Same point as above.
5. Same point as above, I think the leaker does work at this company and has worked on the Grinch movie stuff.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

But that's the things, people already realized that the empty background have difference between what is currently used in the current banner/ E3 empty battle field wall and the one shown in this picture.

Add to this the fact that people showed that the Fighters CAN be moved.
Give that to someone bored.
And boom. Caput.
Again, I'm not showing to point that it's fake, or real. I'm showing that it COULD be faked.

Also for point 4 and 5, Namco have nothing to do here, Nintendo are the one managing the marketing for Smash and being it's publisher, as for the name of the company HE IS WORKING NOW, while they DO make Gaming stuff, they never did Nintendo stuff, or Namco stuff, doesn't mean it can't be a first, but what's more damning, is that they're not working on Movie stuff.

But that's a point that no one talk about so shrug I'll go back being a news messenger

Graizen

Smash Champion
I will use my dear friend CosmicQuark CosmicQuark here , to show you guys how a image can change using pixels.

pixel.jpg

See?
The same picture, one is normal and the other is pixelated.
If you show it to some people, they will tell you that this could be a fake just made up.
Some will actualy give you reasons to why this is a fake.

But as you can see , this is not a fake, and it is easely done.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
What if every character from this """leak""" is revealed, but the poses are totally different than the ones on the """leaked""" mural.
It’s wishful thinking but papagenos source did say that he heard that the Chadandorf leak was what “ruffled a lot of feathers at nintendo”, so it’d be hilarious if that turns out to be the real leak while this was just something bandwagoning off of it

D

Deleted member

All the ****ting on Incineroar and Steve are what make me hope this leak is fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom