• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I don't like Gamexplain, but they got eaten alive for just originally being on the fence and thinking the leak may be fake. I wouldn't blame them one bit if they stopped talking about it period.
You reap what you sow, I still haven't forgiven them for stealing Shadow of Chaos's FE content and using it without crediting him, even if they eventually backed up and did.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Is it me or is he condescending? Because we thought that Incienroar was possibility leak bait, now I think he was still thinking on it. and credibility of grinch leak have been debated so heavily and evidences from both sides about being fake or real

If you ask me, It's ****ing complicated at all. Because Grinch leak didn't have incienroar in it, and I think verge's sources fell for leakbait or not.
There are multiple people over there obsessed with personally attacking and "debunking" Verg; there was one guy in particular who had a kept creating a bunch of accounts with flatulence theme-naming trying to claim that Verg had an alt account because an account (that also followed the theme naming) replied to a post asking him about something as if it was him. And then people started jumping on the bandwagon of "oh he's acting snippish so clearly he's wrong".

People over there absolutely hate him; he's basically caught nothing but ****. It's understandable why he's a bit condescending and fed up with everybody.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
gotcha. is it a 1:1 lineup in every other area?

I wouldn't be shocked if the information is outdated, but, that's still two strikes overall.
Completely lines up, yeah.
All the characters on the banner, and also goes out of their way to say "No Pokemon, No more FE, Dixie Mon Hun and Ray were cut".

Mentions a few bosses. Tabuu, Crazy Hand, Necrozma and "Spirit Hand" as bosses for Spirits mode.

I can give it to you on Discord if you want, not gonna post it here because it's pretty vulgar.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yeah, honestly, it's surprising how calm Vergeben answered compared to the time the Music theory was dead. He answered calmly, just saying that it's funny to watch us go crazy, and that he still stand by his belief. The leak go against what he heard.
I was expecting him to at least curse one person out. On reddit he accidentally went off on someone making a Room reference towards him because he thought they were insulting him lol.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Very likely the week after next. Next week Halloween is smack dab in the middle, so likely won’t have one then because people may be out and doing stuff and will miss the direct. Week after is November 5-9, one month before game’s release, so I definitely think we’ll get something then, and just a personal feeling I think it’ll be November 8th.
Good guess, its going be on Rusev Day!

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
EDIT: Disregard the link, I wrote it before I watched the video and forgot to delete it.
Who said it was the final banner?
Why would it be printed and planned if it wasnt the final design?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
All the people calling insiders "dumb" and saying "they don't know what they're talking about" really need to grow some self-awareness and realize what they're doing.
But Shish! They think they thing I really like isn't real! Sure, they have inside information and know more than any of us do but they don't believe my favourite is in so they're just a bunch of dingly dangly ding dongs

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
All the characters on the banner, and also goes out of their way to say "No Pokemon, No more FE, Dixie Mon Hun and Ray were cut".

Mentions a few bosses. Tabuu, Crazy Hand, Necrozma and "Spirit Hand" as bosses for Spirits mode.

I can give it to you on Discord if you want, not gonna post it here because it's pretty vulgar.
Man, I would love for Tabuu to come back...

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
You reap what you sow, I still haven't forgiven them for stealing Shadow of Chaos's FE content and using it without crediting him, even if they eventually backed up and did.
Simply stating you don't believe a leak and providing evidence for why shouldn't result in being insulted or attacked. The fact that it happened signifies that something is horribly wrong with our community.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Totally, but a lot of people are ****ting on them for the wrong reasons. People that have been right in the community for 10+ years like Serebii. Like, these people, a lot of times, DO know more, otherwise they wouldn't be called insiders in the first place.
joe does not know everything going on in this industry. pretty much nobody does. a lot of the time we hear things because FrieNDA'd (which is no secret to anyone) and marketing.

everyone's getting mad because they're playing "Kill the Messenger" and really, these people aren't trying to temper expectations - they want t hese characters too. it's just they've probably heard something that contradicts it (at least) and trying to dig further into that is just obnoxious and a disgrace and people should really stop and be thankful for what they hear.

as this article states that no one will read gamers are, ironically, the thing that's stopping us devs from talking about development

tl;dr: i pretty much agree.

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings

Except Ray couldn't have been cut because he almost certainly was never remotely considered. Since Nintendo outright lost the Custom Robo trademark shortly after development began; if they had any interest in doing anything with it around that time they probably would've been able to keep it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
All Vergeben being calm means is it confirms Vergeben is a hive mind, and we got the sensible Vergeben this time around.

D

Deleted member

There are multiple people over there obsessed with personally attacking and "debunking" Verg; there was one guy in particular who had a kept creating a bunch of accounts with flatulence theme-naming trying to claim that Verg had an alt account because an account (that also followed the theme naming) replied to a post asking him about something as if it was him. And then people started jumping on the bandwagon of "oh he's acting snippish so clearly he's wrong".

People over there absolutely hate him; he's basically caught nothing but ****. It's understandable why he's a bit condescending and fed up with everybody.
Still though, it's understandable that he's angry, but using autistic people as an insult is an awful thing to do IMO

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Hold on...don't these seven newcomers re-confirm music theory?

:troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Shish! They think they thing I really like isn't real! Sure, they have inside information and know more than any of us do but they don't believe my favourite is in so they're just a bunch of dingly dangly ding dongs
Shut up Gwen, I know more about people who actually work in these things because I know "reason and evidence" but I won't elaborate on that at all, this leak is real until proven fake, that's how it all works!
Next you're gonna tell me the Empire in Star Wars are actually Nazi-coded when we all know that's bs created by those SJWs.

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
I enjoy the speculation, but I'd be wary of being convinced one way or another that the leak is fake. Sure, burden of proof is to show that it's real, but the standard of proof any individual is going to personally require to be convinced will vary between people. Since proving the leak 100% is essentially impossible, there'll never be a consensus on whether the leak is real regardless of how much evidence shows that it might be because the plausibility that it's fake will always exist. I do really hope it's real, though :(

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Simply stating you don't believe a leak and providing evidence for why shouldn't result in being insulted or attacked. The fact that it happened signifies that something is horribly wrong with our community.
That is fair. Although it is hard to get a group of people who enjoy games together without massive discourse it seems.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Except Ray couldn't have been cut because he almost certainly was never remotely considered. Since Nintendo outright lost the Custom Robo trademark shortly after development began; if they had any interest in doing anything with it around that time they probably would've been able to keep it.
They might have been using "cut" to mean "not in", they might not be a native English speaker.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That's legit how I see it.

People see it as an ESRB 2.0, yet the ESRB 2.0 FIRST started with a simple picture of the smash 4 roster, with Snake, Wolf, Lucas crossed out, the 3ds icons of the Secret newcomers and a picture of mewtwo with a "?" implying that they somehow knew about him being DLC.
They said it was fake.
Later, we got the first pictures of the menu and ****.
They said it was fake.
Then videos.
It's fake and Brawl mods.
It took the reveal of Shulk to finally make people believe it completely.

Here I'm feeling that it's going to happens backward

Almost Everyone believe a random Snapchat screenshot from a video because of how much hope this Roster gives to people.
Everyone defend it.
Ever dissing every Insiders saying it's not it, even Serebii himself.
And next reveal will be a break or deal for it.

In anycase, whatever happens, a meltdown will happens, proved Fake or Real. I'll just be here eating my pop-corn in team "HMMMMM"

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just want to play the dang game already.

I just want to pit :ultsamus: vs :ultdarksamus:vs:ultridley:vs:ultganondorf: on Brinstar Depths.

... Why :ultganondorf: you ask? Because he looks much more badass if the fight takes place in a stage full of lava.

-

Also... Anyone took the trailer released last night as if Nintendo were saying: "Game releases 12/7/2018. So calm the **** up, you impatient ****s"
Because it kind of gave me that impression. :p

Somehow I'm surprisingly chill about this leak, wether its true or false. I think Shadow's getting in either way. And it's not the end of the world for me if he's not.

DLC... now that's where I'll probably be on the edge.
But that's a battle for future me.

D

Deleted member

Leaked moment captured on camera of the Grinch fighting a black Nintendo Sentinel.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Still though, it's understandable that he's angry, but using autistic people as an insult is an awful thing to do IMO
Yeah, As someone on the spectrum, I can easily say it's kinda annoying when people make fun of it......

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That's actually a good point. A boss called Spirit Hand was mentioned it could be that.
I actually don't know what to think of the 4chan post, honestly. It matches up so much that I feel like they have to be connected--the strongest possibility I see is that if this current leak is fake, then it was either done by the same person or piggybacked off it. However, the way the post was presented is--odd, and sounds like one of those rambling idiotic 4chan leaks. I'd actually use that as a point *against* the current leak. Certainly not enough to counterbalance the evidence for the leak itself or say anything definitively, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom