• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm so ****ing confused right now. For me, the strongest point of evidence against this leak are the VERY NOTICEABLE background changes everyone seems to be ignoring. Now, there could be a logical explanation for why this is a thing: perhaps Sakurai made multiple fake backgrounds for promotional art in case things leaked, so nobody would believe leaks?

But then again, if something like this leaked at all, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT IN HIDING IT ONLY TO REVEAL IT A FEW WEEKS LATER? Either way, people are gonna go, "huh, so the leak WAS real." It's not worth it.

I just don't get it, man.
it's not that serious it's okay

breath man, breath
even if it was totally and obviously fake there's no reason to react like this lol

Takasmash

Smash Ace
My Smash Ultimate will be complete and the best if the leak is real I think its 100% real I dont care the evidence are to strong to be fake.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't know why people are making comments like "OMG the leak never dies" when we're the ones keeping it alive. Every time the leak shifts in one direction, someone pulls up new evidence to bring everyone back to their side. It's like an endless struggle with a game of tug of war.

At this point, I don't even think an official statement from Nintendo or Sakurai denying the validity of the leak would put a stop to all this. "They know it's real!! It's a cover-up!!"

shaggypatriot12

Smash Cadet
This only confirms that this person has not worked there in 2 years. We never actually knew WHERE the snapchat was taken, just that the person in the picture’s name lead to a LinkedIn profile that listed this company. Yet they themselves say he hasnt worked there in two years. In that two years he very well could have moved onto a new company, which is where the picture was actually taken. If an actual company doesnt update their LinkedIn, its not unlikely this person wouldnt have updated theirs either to reflect his change in enployment.

Untouch

Smash Master
Is this server going to crash if I say this:
https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436387397

Apparently, that OP claims the leak is NOT fake as the background has already changed since E3. He could be telling the truth, becuase E3 are not final materials or things.
He's wrong.
You can see the castle in E3 footage, it's clear there but covered up by a monitor in the picture a lot of people are looking at.

BQziy[1][1].jpg

Last edited:

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't around for the Smash 4 speculation, so I must ask;

This must be the craziest leak we've ever had, right? Was the ESRB leak ever this confusing?

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm guessing the leak is still alive

Its really won't be till the next reveal to debunk it

And it still stay alive despite evidence against it same thing happen with the esrb leak

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Honestly even if this new company doesn't have ties to universal/illumination it doesn't necessary debunk the Smash leak.

This only confirms that this person has not worked there in 2 years. We never actually knew WHERE the snapchat was taken, just that the person in the picture’s name lead to a LinkedIn profile that listed this company. Yet they themselves say he hasnt worked there in two years. In that two years he very well could have moved onto a new company, which is where the picture was actually taken. If an actual company doesnt update their LinkedIn, its not unlikely this person wouldnt have updated theirs either to reflect his change in enployment.
We already found the new place LOL.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know why people are making comments like "OMG the leak never dies" when we're the ones keeping it alive. Every time the leak shifts in one direction, someone pulls up new evidence to bring everyone back to their side. It's like an endless struggle with a game of tug of war.

At this point, I don't even think an official statement from Nintendo or Sakurai denying the validity of the leak would put a stop to all this. "They know it's real!! It's a cover-up!!"
Because it never dies.
It'll keep coming back, over and over, to make people keep asking why people keep saying it keeps coming back, when in reality what keeps coming back is the friends we made along the way.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Having multiple LinkedIns is definitely believable. When people leave a company they want a fresh start to the new jobsearch, which could include a new profile on LinkedIn.
Edit: I'm still riding this out as "likely true" (I'm a faithful man once I commit)

Last edited:

Raspberry

Smash Journeyman
Since there are two LinkedIn accounts and ACP PLV (sic?) works with Nintendo/Bamco, of course Marina would want to make their lack of involvement known, the leak would have been a huge hit to their credibility and reputation.

I'm still Team Real, but we need to know if ACP handles the promotion for the Grinch movie.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
ACP PLV makes these, in case anyone was wondering:

cuisto_dingo_1a_copie.jpg

Still looking for movie/game connections.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm so confused. I hate how I'm like "well, we'll know the truth soon enough, I'll just wait and see" ...but at the same time can't stop trying to figure out if it's true or not, what goes against it and what helps it etc.

My head.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wasn't around for the Smash 4 speculation, so I must ask;

This must be the craziest leak we've ever had, right? Was the ESRB leak ever this confusing?
No because this is many layers of crazy. That was just several layers set in a rather calm and enlongated speculation period. This happened in a period crammed within several months with several intense thirst inducing droughts.

These people are rabid, I say! RABBID!!!!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I think the only real evidence the "leak" has against it is that the roster is too good to be true. I'm team fake only to temper my expectations.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
Smash ad went up on Nintendo's YouTube today.

Nothing really of interest, just curious timing given the leak, for this random ad to conveniently appear. Maybe it was already planned for upload today but idk...I sense rumblings are afoot because of the leak.
Apparently that was posted on GameStop's YouTube channel about a week ago, Nintendo just didn't put it up on theirs until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom