• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Riddles McDiddles got leaked again? Looking into the source they seem decently legit at a cursory glance, but I didn't give it too much of a look.

Grain of salt as always for me. But it's a big grain, because Ridley.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace

Me when I see a Ridley leak; no matter how real it sounds, I must proceed with caution.
High hopes, high hurts.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
yo some peeps here had a 40-man challenge on this forum and i took a crack. kinda like this roster too, pairs it down to the nitty-gritty

fabuloso said:
bot 5 are my dreamteam/newcomers. everyone else a vet. kinda like it, smaller and healthier

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Time to change from Ridley is too big mode to Ridley confirmed mode again.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros/76421310
Did a little digging, seems like this guy actually does have a bit of a history:
-TMNT in Injustice 2
-MP4 being developed by Namco (unconfirmed, but implied by now)
-Has apparently leaked details on SCVI, DBZF, and the like. Along with a follow-up when questioned about Geralt.

There may be more, but I haven't looked that far yet. In general, he does seem to know stuff and has accurately guessed things. I'm still rather skeptical of him I'll admit, but we'll see how this goes.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'll say it again, I suppose. If Ridley gets in this time I won't be surprised. I feel like the ballot will play a part in chosing new characters and I'm sure that Ridley was high up there.

Hopefully this means Isaac, K. Rool, Snake, and Wolf all have a decent chance now!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Time to change from Ridley is too big mode to Ridley confirmed mode again.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros/76421310
I hear some complaints about why this leak is wrong, but at least it is something.
Cuts? I'd prefer not to but if you ask me...
:4wendy: I dunno, it just feels like Sakurai is trying too hard to add female characters and is forcing them on us. Don't need to remove Bowser Jr. and the other Koopalings, just her so it doesn't feel like "diversity" is being forced :/
:4mario: I think it's time we recognize Mario as a full blown Doctor. He may have left college during Brawl but it's clear he dedicated himself during Smash for 3DS and Wii U so I think calling him just "Mario" is a bit disrespectful since he has a PhD now.
:4pacman: I don't like the fact he has his hand in his stock icon, it ruins any sort of consistency in the roster and I don't think they can change this because it's integral to his character so the only way to fix this is by removing him conpletely.
:4samus: I still don't know what was up with Sakurai when he decided to add Halo, that game was never on a Nintendo console, and the unreleased DS game doesn't count. I want a roster with jusf Nintendo characters, if I want to play as Halo I'll play PlayStation AllStars
:4fox::4falco::4dk::4diddy::4duckhunt: Please stop feeding the furries' fetishes
I thought you were going to make the part where you tell Sakurai to add Etrian Odyssey characters into the roster... :troll:
Did a little digging, seems like this guy actually does have a bit of a history:
-TMNT in Injustice 2
-MP4 being developed by Namco (unconfirmed, but implied by now)
-Has apparently leaked details on SCVI, DBZF, and the like. Along with a follow-up when questioned about Geralt.

There may be more, but I haven't looked that far yet. In general, he does seem to know stuff and has accurately guessed things. I'm still rather skeptical of him I'll admit, but we'll see how this goes.
I am a little skeptical about that Ridley leak... yet curious on how he managed all of those leaks and if the Ridley leak could be true. If he is actually is right about those leaks, than that would be something... I just feel like he could have started the Ridley leak to only start hype... I am saying "maybe". Either way, it has not even been two weeks of the reveal and a Ridley leak is running strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I mean, let's be honest, there's not a huge lot of Nintendo All Stars left to be put into the game as playable character, so it makes sense to me that maybe this time Sakurai has really tried very hard to make them work, especially knowing their importance and their huge support. So, despite remaining very skeptical and with low expectations until proven otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we can finally see joining the battle chars like Ridley, K.Rool or Isaac. Hell, even though this one seems impossible in my eyes, we might even see freaking Waluigi pulling a Little Mac.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I always tell myself never to let leaks affect my feelings towards the likelihood of a character.

However the more Ridley gets leaked, that tiny sliver of blind hope grows a little bit more and I eventually end up being disappointed when it inevitably doesn't happen regardless of what I'm telling myself I'm expecting, lol.

I'm skeptical about this, or at least trying to be as much as possible here. It doesn't seem super reliable regardless of the previous accuracies, however I'll be ecstatic if any of these turn out to be true.

I do agree that it was very likely Jonneh was just going into PR mode originally, however that doesn't mean what they said was necessarily accurate at all. It's incredibly possible that they're just misinterpreting his appearance in the game. Probably likely, even.

Last edited:
Vergeben is the Fighting game Kappa leaker

so, basically, he fires a **** ton of stuff out with varying degrees of quality. (FighterZ was half wrong half right for instance, but he edited things too which really ****s with his credebility)

Or at least, I hope it's the reddit guy and not a copycat lol.

I have my own opinions on Ridley but just adding a bit more context than "extremely credible" lol
:061:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Nindies showcase coming Tuesday.

I don't think that Nintendo will show an indie in Smash for it... but then again we never suspected that Smash trailer outside of E3 either.

Morbi

Scavenger
Vergeben is the Fighting game Kappa leaker

so, basically, he fires a **** ton of stuff out with varying degrees of quality. (FighterZ was half wrong half right for instance, but he edited things too which really ****s with his credebility)

Or at least, I hope it's the reddit guy and not a copycat lol.

I have my own opinions on Ridley but just adding a bit more context than "extremely credible" lol
:061:
I definitely agree with your sentiment, however, at the same time, he is only leaking two items, realistically one. If he has any information whatsoever, it does feel as though it would be Ridley as anyone could predict this game is not gong to be entirely new. It was always going to have port elements.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I started to make a list of who I thought would be cut. I honestly can't think of anyone. Sakurai doesn't mind clones, and they're so easy to implement, that I don't see any reason to cut them. The only possibilities in my mind, are the 3rd party characters. I imagine if those licenses are hard to get, they could be cut. But I bet he wants to bring all of them back, if possible.

I can't imagine any of the non clone, non 3rd parties getting cut.

I think a few franchises will get new characters:

Mario
Starfox (I think Wolf did okay on the poll, I bet he's coming back, and he was a more unique "semi clone")
Pokemon
Fire Emblem
"WTF" character
"Retro"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I don't think that Nintendo will show an indie in Smash for it... but then again we never suspected that Smash trailer outside of E3 either.
My other favorite part of Smash speculation.

Before Smash is revealed: "Do you think this direct will have a Smash trailer in it?"
After Smash is revealed: "Do you think this direct will have a Smash character announcement in it?"

I love it.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Haven’t been as active for the last few days because I’ve been busy....

Aaaaaand we’re back where we left off. Glad to see that Ridley is actually confirmed, for real this time, pinky swears and cross my heart and all that jazz.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't think that "leak" even deserves our discussion, tbh. He's basically just saying the exact thing other "leakers" have already said. And real leakers don't just say "Here's a link to another random leak that I don't know anything about".

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

In all fairness, that "trailer" is basically just a teaser. Nothing quite like the reveals of the previous games.

Even the info shown isn't that much aside from a few characters (Mario, Link, DK, Bowser, Samus, Inklings and a bunch of silhouettes we can't figure out yet)

It's basically the same kind of trick as Prime 4, except they show just a little more than a number (in this case, characters who we all knew would be there)

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Literally just wait for gameplay with UI to reveal/leak the character. Anything else is hogwash, ESPECIALLY from GameFAQS.

Ridley leaks are basically a meme at this point. Take anything they say with a grain of salt. They're practically put out because they know they'll get people immediately believing them because of the character in question.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
No, please stop, I've finally accepted it won't happen, don't give me hope again.
It is not over until it is over. All I can say is, expect the worst, hope for the best. There is no problem with having hope if you manage your expectations. I hope for Black Shadow, doubt it will happen. I hope for Lucina to have her own move-set, doubt it will happen. Those are two out of the top three things I want to happen this time. My only salvation is that Spring Man should be lit af.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548

I'd say it's very unlikely we'll see anything Smash related before E3, and a near 0% chance we'll see anything Smash related at Nindies tbh.

I remember people getting angry over a Nindies not having Smash during the Wii U DLC/Ballot era lol

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I bet Nintendo sent the teaser so that the fans would shut up about always asking for Smash.

And now that it's a thing, fans will still keep on asking for a Smash trailer in everything they do :laugh:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If Ridley is possible, then so is Darth Vader.
I used to feel that way. I still feel that he is WAY too big. But with all the fan outcry, I could imagine Sakurai saying "Fine, since there's actually a new Metroid game coming out, I'll cook something up"...

And then make him into a boss ;)

Morbi

Scavenger
I used to feel that way. I still feel that he is WAY too big. But with all the fan outcry, I could imagine Sakurai saying "Fine, since there's actually a new Metroid game coming out, I'll cook something up"...

And then make him into a boss ;)
No, he did that last time. This time Ridley is going to be the announcer for the game. Gotta think big.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
No, he did that last time. This time Ridley is going to be the announcer for the game. Gotta think big.
Since they’re reusing assets, can we get Xander Mobus to come back as the announcer, but instead of saying actual words he just uses various tones of space pterodactylian screeching?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I really hope people don't get hyped about Smash info in the Indies direct and then have the forum turn into a salt fest after :'( I remember that happening several times before. Smash would overshadow the entire direct, it would be a really bad move on Nintendo's part to give any Smash info.

We're probably going to have to wait at LEAST a few weeks.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is not over until it is over. All I can say is, expect the worst, hope for the best. There is no problem with having hope if you manage your expectations. I hope for Black Shadow, doubt it will happen. I hope for Lucina to have her own move-set, doubt it will happen. Those are two out of the top three things I want to happen this time. My only salvation is that Spring Man should be lit af.
It was sort of a joke comment tbh, of course I hope for Ridley as much as I've always done, but contrary to in the past I consider him nigh impossible. I've seen my fair share of "reliable" leaks get plenty wrong in regards to Smash before, so I know how it goes, but even then there's always something inside you that gets just a little bit giddy when you read about something you want so badly, no matter how hard you try to contain it.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
It just occured to me.. we've just been assuming the Switch would handle 8 Ice Climbers or 8 Ridleys.. but what about modifications given by items.. What about XXL Ridley. What about "special rules" Smash with 8 XXL Ice Climbers or 8 XXL Ridleys. What about 8 XXL metal Ice Climbers. Maybe the Switch can handle 8 Ice Climbers but not 8 XXL Ice Climbers, thus making a decision of whether cut IC again or cut that match editor thing. That's something to consider..

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Nintendo Direct Mini

*Released with no announcement*

Nintendo Direct

*Announced one day prior*

Nindies Showcase

*Announced four days in advance*

Correction, most of us never suspected it outside E3. I ****in called it. You can ask The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn and redfeatherraven redfeatherraven :p

I really hope people don't get hyped about Smash info in the Indies direct and then have the forum turn into a salt fest after :'( I remember that happening several times before. Smash would overshadow the entire direct, it would be a really bad move on Nintendo's part to give any Smash info.

We're probably going to have to wait at LEAST a few weeks.
We're obviously getting Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Travis Touchdown in this showcase. You know it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom