• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I wonder if we will get more Fatal Frame content this time around. Preferably from Maiden of the Black Water.

I am NOT expecting a character since Tecmo would be very protective of their characters, but a stage. I feel that would be the best way to represent the series.

?????????????

Smash Master
I really want a HGSS stage because Johto has been robbed of music tracks for way too long(I think there are, like, two).
I've always wanted a Sootopolis City stage from RSE.

You fight on the middle island, surround by water and cliffs. At random points, one of three events happens:

1.) Groudon appears and turns all the water into land.
2.) Kyogre appears and turns all the land into water, forcing players to swim or fight at the base of the cliffs.
3.) Rayquaza appears and forces all players onto his back, changing the stage to fighting on top of Rayquaza, who flies around and eventually drops you back off.

D

Deleted member

*Sees "cut 5 characters" has its own thread*
ok, time to go ba-
Tbh, Greninja isn't popular, unless due to the Pokemon X and Y anime, where showed the Ash Greninja.
Ingo_Chandelure_Psychic.png
Be careful with your words, friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staarih

Smash Master
Here's something else we can do. List 5 stages you expect to see in Smash Switch.
Inkopolis Square (Splatoon, with option for SplatFest theme w/ Squid Sisters and/or Off the Hook performing in background)
Odyssey (SMO, travelling stage across various kingdoms)
Altar of the Sunne/Moone (Pokémon)
Sky Arena (ARMS)

...and definitely something from BotW and XC2 but I'm not too familiar with either so can't pinpoint any good stage ideas.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To follow that ballot convo, I think Sakurai purposely chose a third-party to get an opportunity. And if any Nintendo characters were on the top 5 of all regions, those characters specifically will be mainly considered first for Smash Switch before any character like recent promotion character, retro reps, WTF characters, etc.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I feel like some people would be happy with that, for whatever reason.

(I get the idea of wanting the game to be balanced, but cutting the roster in half seems like it would only serve to upset/anger pretty much everybody else)
I, for one, was imagining in terror.

As far as stages go,

a Shifty Station(s) stage seems suitable for Splatoon the Second in Smash Switch. (Alliteration Level 100)

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I kinda want to see more people's opinion on the stage list for smash switch, since that was brought up last page.
If I had the choice as of stages I'd go with:

* A Mario Odyssey stage (It would probably be New Donk City but I'm rooting for Bowser's castle instead)
* A Paper Mario stage with more environments than the one on the 3DS
* A HD Rainbow Road stage
* An Autumn Heights stage from DK Tropical Freeze
* Sun and Moon Elite Four's arena if only for the Ghost version of said arena
* An Epic Yarn stage
* A stage based on the Final Boss area from Kirby Planet Robobot with PROGRAM playing in the background
* Lotus Lake from Miitopia (the location is far too beautiful)
* A stage based on one of the Streetpass games (unlikely I know but I'm a sucker for Streetpass games anyway)
* Paradiso from Bayonetta

As much as I love Zelda, I don't much care about which new stages it will get because it will probably be BotW themed and that game left a really bitter taste as long as I'm concerned.

EDIT: I forgot I also kinda want to see the Electroplankton stage return. I was sad to see that this small universe vanished in SSB4

Last edited:

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Do you think we will get some characters who have amiibo, but aren't compatible with Smash Bros yet? Inklings were added. I hope we get something like Mii costumes for the Animal Crossing amiibo and a playable Daisy or Waluigi. It would help clear out the remaining stock if Smash Bros supported them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you think we will get some characters who have amiibo, but aren't compatible with Smash Bros yet? Inklings were added. I hope we get something like Mii costumes for the Animal Crossing amiibo and a playable Daisy or Waluigi. It would help clear out the remaining stock if Smash Bros supported them.
I'd say Isabelle has a pretty good shot.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Why most people who do Smash discussions or top 10 Smash videos in Youtube are so damn bad at the game, like seriously.
If you are so bad, just put some videos of good players or some SSE cutscenes or something, it kind of hurts to watch.
Nobody wants to see a battle against a level 1 CPU or just two guys spamming Smash attacks or killing themselves haha.
I watched a video and a guy said Zelda's Din's Fire (like the worst move in the game) was a "hilariously unfair move" lol.

And their lists always are like 80% third parties or characters that make like no sense.

?????????????

Smash Master
Why most people who do Smash discussions or top 10 Smash videos in Youtube are so damn bad at the game, like seriously.
If you are so bad, just put some videos of good players or some SSE cutscenes or something, it kind of hurts to watch.
Nobody wants to see a battle against a level 1 CPU or just two guys spamming Smash attacks or killing themselves haha.
I watched a video and a guy said Zelda's Din's Fire (like the worst move in the game) was a "hilariously unfair move" lol.

And their lists always are like 80% third parties or characters that make like no sense.
I always felt I shouldn't "talk the talk" if I couldn't "walk the walk."

On that note, someone once called me out as a Smash YouTuber, claiming that I appeared to not be very good at the game.

I proceeded to beat them 30 times in a row.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I always felt I shouldn't "talk the talk" if I couldn't "walk the walk."

On that note, someone once called me out as a Smash YouTuber, claiming that I appeared to not be very good at the game.

I proceeded to beat them 30 times in a row.
Speaking of which, do you still have your Youtube channel? I thought it had been deleted when I couldn't find any of your videos.

?????????????

Smash Master
Speaking of which, do you still have your Youtube channel? I thought it had been deleted when I couldn't find any of your videos.
I do.

The problem is...I unfortunately had to delete (or at least hide) any videos that showed my face, which included almost all the Smash videos, because I'm an elementary school teacher now and I didn't want to risk my students discovering that.

I mostly do LPs now, but I've started doing Smash videos again.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Why couldn’t they?

Brawl hacks have like 90+ unique characters and PSAs at this point. If modders did that on Wii with a 2 gb sd card, I think Nintendo can top it.

I mean it will make the UI at the character select screen a pain... but those hacks tend to even manage that.
Because official projects are not like Fan based hacks. Everything that is done during an official game development is based on money, resources, staffing, demands from the corporation, contracts, and different demands for how a project is handled. I don't think you really grasp the massive amount of red tape surrounding how these things are developed. Using fan projects that are under no financial, time, or resource constraint is a poor gauge on what a development team can do.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
If I had the choice as of stages I'd go with:

* A Mario Odyssey stage (It would probably be New Donk City but I'm rooting for Bowser's castle instead)
* A Paper Mario stage with more environments than the one on the 3DS
* A HD Rainbow Road stage
* An Autumn Heights stage from DK Tropical Freeze
* Sun and Moon Elite Four's arena if only for the Ghost version of said arena
* An Epic Yarn stage
* A stage based on the Final Boss area from Kirby Planet Robobot with PROGRAM playing in the background
* Lotus Lake from Miitopia (the location is far too beautiful)
* A stage based on one of the Streetpass games (unlikely I know but I'm a sucker for Streetpass games anyway)
* Paradiso from Bayonetta

As much as I love Zelda, I don't much care about which new stages it will get because it will probably be BotW themed and that game left a really bitter taste as long as I'm concerned.

EDIT: I forgot I also kinda want to see the Electroplankton stage return. I was sad to see that this small universe vanished in SSB4
I bought all of the Electroplankton games because of SSBB.

Morbi

Scavenger
Apparently we are still in an age where Shovel Knight is wanted for whatever reason. So I could see that.

I hope they give us a Battlefield option for every stage like they did for FD.
And a Smashvillle version. Gamma stages?

Morbi

Scavenger
I thought Wolf was pretty heavily voted for, as well.

Maybe that was just my Twitter feed at the time?
I believe the theory is that most people took him for granted, and as a result, did not vote for him, at least not in the beginning, and at that point, a lot of people already recognized that he likely not returning and just decided to vote for whatever they genuinely wanted. Therefore he has less votes than he might have, say, if we redid the ballot right now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wonder if we will get more Fatal Frame content this time around. Preferably from Maiden of the Black Water.

I am NOT expecting a character since Tecmo would be very protective of their characters, but a stage. I feel that would be the best way to represent the series.
A stage and a few trophies from
Maiden of the Black Water sounds right.

I can’t deny that a Fatal Frame character would be unique (a camera fighter with ghost summoner elements), but then Ninja Gaiden fans wouldn’t want a FF protagonist stealing Ryu’s slot.

?????????????

Smash Master
Apparently we are still in an age where Shovel Knight is wanted for whatever reason.
...That doesn't seem that strange to me. He's very Nintendo-esque, his game was a big hit, he has lots of moveset options, and he's still referenced a lot. Cameos in newer Indie games, expansions like King of Cards, etc.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We can all agree that the ice climbers were likely the most voted veterans on the ballot?
I doubt it, I think people would have been more focused on veterans who wouldn't have had technical problems and that enough time had passed at the time for people to accept that limitation. The only vocal veterans I remember were Wolf & Snake.

If Ice Climbers are to return, I think the big question is whether or not 8-Player Smash will still be a thing and if the Switch can handle them at the same time while docked. Though personally I'd rather have them be reworked like the Transformation characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
A stage and a few trophies from
Maiden of the Black Water sounds right.

I can’t deny that a Fatal Frame character would be unique (a camera fighter with ghost summoner elements), but then Ninja Gaiden fans wouldn’t want a FF protagonist stealing Ryu’s slot.
Just rework Luigi with his Gameboy camera and poltergust, voila. And then, our favorite brother, Waluigi can swiggity swooty and steal Luigi's move-set. Everybody, and by everybody I mean just me, would be happy.

?????????????

Smash Master
I just remembered something!

I wanna see Blaster Master references. It could be a stage, an assist, or even a full-blown character; I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I just remembered something!

I wanna see Blaster Master references. It could be a stage, an assist, or even a full-blown character; I wouldn't mind.
I have no idea what Blaster Master is; however, I support it because you can just reverse it to Master Blaster in your imagination and I would love Master Blaster in Smash. His theme could be the Stevie Wonder song.

D

Deleted member

I do.

The problem is...I unfortunately had to delete (or at least hide) any videos that showed my face, which included almost all the Smash videos, because I'm an elementary school teacher now and I didn't want to risk my students discovering that.

I mostly do LPs now, but I've started doing Smash videos again.
Do you have a link to it? If you don't wanna post it here, then just PM me it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I have no idea what Blaster Master is; however, I support it because you can just reverse it to Master Blaster in your imagination and I would love Master Blaster in Smash. His theme could be the Stevie Wonder song.
Blaster Master's a mix of a top-down shooter and a Metroidvania game. They released Blaster Master Zero near the launch of the Switch, and added indie characters like Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Gunvolt as DLC. (initially for free, but after a few weeks, they cost $2) Here's an example of the gameplay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom