• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So what could be the final big update is apparently coming in two weeks.

Strange to think of it that way.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Just realized I actually had a screencap of my old Smash ballot entry. I think I didn't realize I could write more than the box so I didn't really go into detail.

a95e9eb4-27da-4f86-99f3-94471435e28c.png

I also found a joke post between me and a friend of mine made where we weaved a few big time wants we thought were unlikely with some jokes and memes, and I just thought it was funny to look back at our mindset at the time.

Screenshot_20181023-135607~01.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pretty sure I restrained myself to three characters for the Smash Ballot: Geno, Ice Climbers, and Takamaru. My personal wish list has shrunk with each game so I'm now just Geno away from not really caring who gets added to the future Smash games.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The ending for :ultzss: in classic mode in Smash 4.

Weird and out of place huh?
Wow. I really didn't play any single player in Smash 4.

I can't remember a single thing from either version.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I remember that the 3DS handled it better.

All I'm gonna say about my vote is that I didn't vote for Pichu but I think my vote influenced its return.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I believe I voted for Shantae and a RH rep (I didn't specify the character). I don't know which I did first though...

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, we doing screencaps of ballot entries?

homura in smash.png

I should've specifically mentioned the PSP game's title though, sense it's actually a game. Even if ballot 2 happens and I try this again, I'll still have to use the PSP game because Homura's still not in the gacha for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
I voted king k rool
and Dixie Kong in the same vote.

i supose that dont count but ... I WANT my blonde hair so much now that i have my fav crocodile :-)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

It's weird, I forgot that Classic was the weird branching thing until I booted it up again the other day. I only ever had the 3DS version and I realized I cleared classic with a fairly decent amount of the roster.

I liked Smash 4 a lot but it really just...came and went. Weird.

link2702

Smash Champion
It’s very difficult for me ro decid on which of the confirmed newcomers I’ll play first. If for whatever horrible reason geno doesn’t get in, it’ll probably be simon. I’m not a huge castlevania nut(haven’t even finished one game yet) but I love how they went with his classic 80s design and not the awful looking anime modern one.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
What's this forum at its worst?
Complaining about an earthquake "that didn't even affect (Nintendo)" for the Direct delay & not providing their timely gratification; and theorying that said earthquake is why their precious Isaac wasn't shown in the delayed Direct ("they just pulled it out and put in Isabelle for sensitivity"). An earthquake with real death & destruction. Makes me sick

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I intentionally didn’t vote for anyone in the Ballot because I wanted to be able to tell people that I didn’t vote for anyone.
I can be kinda weird about stuff like that sometimes...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Just realized I actually had a screencap of my old Smash ballot entry. I think I didn't realize I could write more than the box so I didn't really go into detail.

View attachment 171306

I also found a joke post between me and a friend of mine made where we weaved a few big time wants we thought were unlikely with some jokes and memes, and I just thought it was funny to look back at our mindset at the time.

Honestly would love Marina myself. Shake shake

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I voted for Krystal and Dixie Kong

Odd feeling that my vote may have gotten her promoted... just not to the level I wanted.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Complaining about an earthquake "that didn't even affect (Nintendo)" for the delay & not providing their timely gratification; and theorying that said earthquake is why their precious Isaac wasn't shown in the delayed Direct ("they just pulled it out and put in Isabelle for sensitivity"). An earthquake with real death & destruction. Makes me sick
Some Isaac fans are super desperate it seems this time around

D

Deleted member

I'm well aware.
That was the point of my post. Trying to determine why they would claim she was the "winner" of the ballot when she was actually predetermined.
As said before, just because she was "predetermined" doesn't mean she couldn't have legitimately placed where it was said she did.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, I voted for Mike Jones, same as the Brawl ballot (which was only for Japan).
I didn't know I could .... well... yes, you can always vote multiple times I guess, but usually they ignore dupli-votes.

-

As to what characters I'd love to try out in Ultimate first... well, judging by how we have to start with Smash Bros 64 base roster, I'm going like this:

:ultsamus:>:ultness:>:ultpeach:>:ulticeclimbers:>:ultyounglink:>:ultpit:>:ultpokemontrainer:>:ultrob:>:ultsonic:>:ultmegaman:>:ultlittlemac:>:ultdarkpit:>:ultryu:>:ultcloud:>:ultdaisy:>:ultsimon:>:ultrichter:>:ultdarksamus:>

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Complaining about an earthquake "that didn't even affect (Nintendo)" for the delay & not providing their timely gratification; and theorying that said earthquake is why their precious Isaac wasn't shown in the delayed Direct ("they just pulled it out and put in Isabelle for sensitivity"). An earthquake with real death & destruction. Makes me sick
Yeah whew, mmm, that wasn't great.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
As said before, just because she was "predetermined" doesn't mean she couldn't have legitimately placed where it was said she did.
Im kind of wondering. I hadn't heard until this thread that Bayo had anything other than a placeholder file in the data for her. Some people here said she had some completed files in the data at that time?
Could someone provide a link to those for me?

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Complaining about an earthquake "that didn't even affect (Nintendo)" for the Direct delay & not providing their timely gratification; and theorying that said earthquake is why their precious Isaac wasn't shown in the delayed Direct ("they just pulled it out and put in Isabelle for sensitivity"). An earthquake with real death & destruction. Makes me sick
Yeah...that was pretty disgusting.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm just surprised someone wanted Gothitelle before that one guy said it was gonna be Gardevoir's echo.
Sometimes I feel like judging people for their Pokemon newcomer choices, but then I remember my favorite Pokemon are Porygon and ****ing Litwick and I realize I have no room to talk.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Here's a question for everybody. Will you ever really play smash in handheld mode?

For me, I'm so stuck to the GameCube controller that it will be my primary means to play, especially online or competitively. I have a lot of free time at my job (Awesome, right?) So I will probably use handheld mode there to do some offline stuff that doesn't require me to be at my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom