• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I never though I'd see the day when Nintendo/Game Freak is struggling to sell a Pokemon game on the Switch. Wow.
There is no struggle to sell the game rest assured. The game has it's audience and it's going to sell like hotcakes regardless.

It's just the PR blowback for a lot of the things in this game are at a high this time around. So Niny is doing their best at damage control.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If we're being completely honest... Probably Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader. Like, I think if there was for some crazy reason a Star Wars rep, they'd probably choose one of them as they're both equally iconic and use lightsabers.
Also, believe it or not, Sakurai has stated before that he's a Star Wars fan. He even kinda liked the prequels. It's probably the reason why the beam sword is in Smash in the first place.
(I am not messing with you this time)

D

Deleted member

Honestly I can't figure out why people are so mad about Let's Go. Looks like every other ****ing Pokemon game, just with different catching mechanics.

Also people who are still mad at Last Jedi are the biggest losers in the world lmao. Get over it. It's nearly been a year.
I have not even seen The Last Jedi due to a lack of interest.

D

Deleted member

I think a thing not a lot of people keep in mind is that Pokemon, Let's Go especially, is still very much geared towards children, and like it or not that is the audience they make the most money from. I 100% guarantee this game will sell decently with it's target demographic, and children will probably love the game.

Seriously, I do not understand all this drama with LG. Gen 8 is coming next year and will probably be shown off officially by like March. LG is a very, very harmless side game that will not hurt anything in the long run. The game you guys want is coming. Why hurl such venom at this game?

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Is Lucas really so forgettable?
Ha! Oops. I was saving him for the semi-clones on the right and just forgot to add him.

It's surprisingly hard to remember exactly who was new and when.

StormC

Smash Hero
Honestly I can't figure out why people are so mad about Let's Go. Looks like every other ****ing Pokemon game, just with different catching mechanics.
Because it looks like a 3DS game with objectively less content than a remake for the GBA 14 years ago and it costs 60 dollars.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Do you people think that RDR2 might overshadow Smash Ultimate?
I read this as R2D2 and I was like absolutely, if R2D2 got into Smash his announcement would outshine every single character. Truly, Everyone Is Here.

And on a related note...
This is gonna be Last Jedi 2.0 isn't it?
No. Because The Last Jedi was a good movie.
fight me

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Also people who are still mad at Last Jedi are the biggest losers in the world lmao. Get over it. It's nearly been a year.
It's been a year, but the stain is forever.

D

Deleted member

Broke: raging over Pokémon Let's Go!'s mechanics.

Woke: wanting a Pokémon Ranger title on Switch.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I read this as R2D2 and I was like absolutely, if R2D2 got into Smash his announcement would outshine every single character. Truly, Everyone Is Here.

And on a related note...

fight me
I'm not saying that last jedi is a bad movie (I'm kinda mixed on it honestly)
I'n just comparing the backlash it gets from fans to the backlash that Let's go is getting from fans.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Because it looks like a 3DS game with objectively less content than a remake for the GBA 14 years ago and it costs 60 dollars.
so like the last few pokemon games, got it

And on a related note...

fight me
it's the best star wars along with empire

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I think a thing not a lot of people keep in mind is that Pokemon, Let's Go especially, is still very much geared towards children, and like it or not that is the audience they make the most money from. I 100% guarantee this game will sell decently with it's target demographic, and children will probably love the game.

Seriously, I do not understand all this drama with LG. Gen 8 is coming next year and will probably be shown off officially by like March. LG is a very, very harmless side game that will not hurt anything in the long run. The game you guys want is coming. Why hurl such venom at this game?
It's multi-faceted.

>It's another Generation 1 remake when people were expecting Gen 4 next, on top of the amount of genwunner pandering GF's already been doing as of late
>It strips out basic features that have been with the series for most of it's existence and panders to the Go crowd

It's more a long-term genuine fear that it could end up being the series' future on top of dissatisfaction with GF constantly milking Gen 1 even at the expense of newer Pokemon (see: Gens VI and VII).

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Let's Go is just FireRed/LeafGreen 2 people.

I don't care about it because there's no new Pokemon in it. But I'm sure it'll be fine.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Crunchii was lying about Forest Maze, it probably means nothing for Geno.

He doesn't have the game from what I heard, he just get's music from a source who has permission from Nintendo.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Now I want Indominus Rex as a boss.
And an Ian Malcom Assist Trophy (The Lost World is the best), with stages of Jurassic Park (with tyrannosaurus rex stage boss), Jurassic World (with velociraptors that can join your team if you win against them) and Isla Sorna (spinosaurus boss?). Playable Alan Grant and Owen Grady. Blue as a DLC character.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo needs to update their marketing team to something modern or relevant, maybe the upper echelons are the problem that refuse to adapt and change to modern times. Their marketing seems so out of place and misleading, i mean was Pokemon lets go supposed to attract a casual audience or the core gamers? Why theres not a clear direction?

D

Deleted member

TBH All I want from Pokemon right now is a Mystery Dungeon with Gen 7 'Mons on the Switch. That biz would be hype.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hella yikes. That game's release has disaster written all over it if you ask me.
Maybe an internet disaster, but there's no way it'll be a financial disaster. The casual Pokemon fans who fuel Pokemon Go will most certainly buy it in droves. That's who these games are made for.

They'll inevitably be outsold by the next proper Pokemon, but this isn't any Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. They have millions of not-so-hardcore fans and parents of children ready to throw their money at something with Pikachu on the cover.

TBH All I want from Pokemon right now is a Mystery Dungeon with Gen 7 'Mons on the Switch. That biz would be hype.
Not gonna lie, I read this entire post in Pearl's voice.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
The only reason somebody would buy Let's Go is because they want to transfer their Pokemon to Pokemon Go. And, for the PoGo players, that's actually a big deal that they can now have unlimited Dragonites or whatever in their game, but for normal Pokemon fans it's a waste of time.

D

Deleted member

I have this feeling that Pokemon is going to fall from grace in the near future. Dunno why, but I feel like Pokemon has had this vibe lately.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
And an Ian Malcom Assist Trophy (The Lost World is the best), with stages of Jurassic Park (with tyrannosaurus rex stage boss), Jurassic World (with velociraptors that can join your team if you win against them) and Isla Sorna (spinosaurus boss?). Playable Alan Grant and Owen Grady. Blue as a DLC character.
As a Jurassic Park fan this idea makes me happy.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Maybe an internet disaster, but there's no way it'll be a financial disaster. The casual Pokemon fans who fuel Pokemon Go will most certainly buy it in droves. That's who these games are made for.

They'll inevitably be outsold by the next proper Pokemon, but this isn't any Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. They have millions of not-so-hardcore fans and parents of children ready to throw their money at something with Pikachu on the cover.

Not gonna lie, I read this entire post in Pearl's voice.
I can only hope.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

And on a related note...

fight me
I want to live in your dimension, where apparently Star Wars is still good.

D

Deleted member

It's multi-faceted.

>It's another Generation 1 remake when people were expecting Gen 4 next, on top of the amount of genwunner pandering GF's already been doing as of late
>It strips out basic features that have been with the series for most of it's existence and panders to the Go crowd

It's more a long-term genuine fear that it could end up being the series' future on top of dissatisfaction with GF constantly milking Gen 1 even at the expense of newer Pokemon (see: Gens VI and VII).
I can understand tiring of Gen 1, I'm tired of it too, but you have to admit it makes sense. If Gen 1 keeps selling, there is absolutely no reason to stop doing stuff with it.

And yes, the game panders to the Go audience. Because that's who it's for. It's a side game for people who like Pokemon Go. It's not a new Gen that's replacing the main games, and honestly, I would wait until actually seeing Gen 8 before crying doom about it, but to each their own.

D

Deleted member

*pull Assist Trophy*

I'M FEELIN' LIKE A STAR, YOU CAN'T STOP MY SHINE, I'M LOVIN' CLOUD CITY, MY HEAD'S IN THE SKY, I'M SOLO, I’M HAN SOLO, I'M HAN SOLO, I'M HAN SOLO, SOLO
How can I like something multiple times?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Doc would be great but he's sadly different proportioned than Mac, so he could fall under semiclone the same way Isabelle did.
Yeah.

I would love to have either Doc Louis, Bald Bull, or King Hippo equally.
Doc for being the 2nd most well known Punch Out character, and well, because I like the character.
Bald Bull is basically the most recurring enemy in the series (appeared in 5/6 games).
And King Hippo because next to Mike Tyson, he's the most iconic villain in the series. And Captain N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom