• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
On second thought, you probably hate Smash too don't you Arigarmy
Damn right. Who the **** would play a party game competitively? It's never meant to be competitive!
Now if you excuse me, I'm going back to my totally not dying Street Fighter.

IronTed

Smash Ace
I'd be glad if it were a more interesting Pokemon than Incineroar. Lycanroc or Golisopod are some easy choices since Mimikyu is deconfirmed, and the only real idea we have is Veggieburger saying it's not Decidueye. That makes enough sense anyway, it's already in Pokken and Pit's curvy arrows basically fill that niche. I'd shoot for even more creative choices but Pokemon inclusions are just whoever's new and marketable: Gen 1, Pichu (maybe the worst example here but still) Lucario, Greninja...
Veggie confirmed it's Inceneroar.

Edit::ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I am surprised that Var G. Bin hasn't said anything in a while. It seemed like previously he was coming out with something every 2-3 weeks.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
1. :ultlink:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
Forget top 10, I'm doing top 20 because I'm one of those guys that tries to be good w/ everyone (keyword there is tries)
1.:ultbowserjr: 11.:ultganondorf:
2.:ultcorrin: 12. :ultdarksamus:
3.:ultbowser: 13.:ultkrool:
4.:ultridley: 14.:ultmewtwo:
5.:ultmetaknight: 15.:ultlucario:
6.:ultwolf: 16.:ultsonic:
7.:ultpalutena: 17.:ultpichu:
8.:ultgreninja: 18.:ultpacman:
9.:ultzelda: 19.:ultdoc:
10.:ultlucina: 20.:ultyoshi:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
New Geno? What new Geno? Can I guy get a link to new Geno?
There is no new Geno. Just some dude trying to debunk it.

Honestly, the Geno leak is probably fake. It was mentioned with a Diddy and Banjo Leak, which didn’t look good.

Sad though, I really liked that Geno model.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
rekt-geno_1.png

The Geno leak is a photoshopped pic of this model

That's hilarious

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
alright I'm not saying Capcom and Bamco won't get more reps, but gosh, it was pretty obvious Tansut was conveying the idea that his source is from Square Enix, and that it was SE who were worked up over a leak.

We're either getting Sora or Geno, especially because of Masked Man disappearing.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Something's been on my mind as of late, and I've been thinking about discussing it here, but I'm still a little conflicted about whether or not I should go through with it in full detail. It has to do with someone online who I've consistently referred to in the past, but I've refused to name out of respect for their privacy. Said user was possibly the most vehemently anti-Sakurai user online during the days of Sm4sh, especially considering western content in comparison to eastern content. Now that the Sakurai bias theory is nothing more than subatomic particles, I want to see what they've been up to, but I still don't want to name them because of the potential conflict that might follow. Should I cave in and say the name here in public (at least in a spoiler tag)?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Something's been on my mind as of late, and I've been thinking about discussing it here, but I'm still a little conflicted about whether or not I should go through with it in full detail. It has to do with someone online who I've consistently referred to in the past, but I've refused to name out of respect for their privacy. Said user was possibly the most vehemently anti-Sakurai user online during the days of Sm4sh, especially considering western content in comparison to eastern content. Now that the Sakurai bias theory is nothing more than subatomic particles, I want to see what they've been up to, but I still don't want to name them because of the potential conflict that might follow. Should I cave in and say the name here in public (at least in a spoiler tag)?
No, because that's pretty unnecessary and it'd be better for the thread to focus on Team January instead.
However, if you really want to get back at somebody, I can give you some ideas.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
Sounds like a waste of time to me. Some people just don't learn, you know? I'm not even sure what specific "Sakurai bias theory" you mean, but people always call that and it's always been nonsense.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
I'll ask a question myself: what are your top 10 characters in Ultimate? Doesn't matter for what reason (mains, preference, etc.), and order/no order is up to you.

For me:
2. :ultgreninja:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultsonic:
5. :ultmewtwo:
6. :ultsimon: (:ultrichter:)
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultpit:
9. :ultyounglink:
10. :ultmarth:

A good time to have literally 10 (11?) mains.
2. :ultyounglink:
3. :ultpokemontrainer:
4. :ultsimon:
5. :ultinkling:
6. :ultcloud:
7. :ultchrom:
8. :ultmario:
9. :ultsonic:
10. :ultzelda:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
You ask me, Sassy Geno is just a photoshop of a secret image containing Sora in smash, the true leak, which only 5th rank vergebens like myself can interpret

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wake up after a nap to the Geno things aft

Oh ..hum...okay-
I'll explain quickly what it tries to prove-
TL;DR it's the "source" picture before supposed Photoshop upgrade.

The 100% fitting background is what supposedly kill it alongside perfect Ribbon placement, Head shape and Eye shape

Supposedly 4chan creator came off with that? What?
How did it appeared? I need more info pls

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wake up after a nap to the Geno things aft

Oh ..hum...okay-
I'll explain quickly what it tries to prove-
TL;DR it's the "source" picture before supposed Photoshop upgrade.

The 100% fitting background is what supposedly kill it alongside perfect Ribbon placement, Head shape and Eye shape

Supposedly 4chan creator came off with that? What?
How did it appeared? I need more info pls
Everyone in this thread knows as much as you do

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Sounds like a waste of time to me. Some people just don't learn, you know? I'm not even sure what specific "Sakurai bias theory" you mean, but people always call that and it's always been nonsense.
"Sakurai bias" refers to a baseless arguement that fans like you-know-who make in order to make him sound like he only cares about franchises he likes or has created/co-developed, while at the same time despising western-developed/popular IPs. The whole argument disintegrated the moment Ridley's splash screen came up, so I'm just curious as to what people like that are thinking now.

Yeah, it's best to keep them anonymous for now, though I'd still like to see a screencap of comments from these kinds of people learning that they were wrong about Sakurai all along. It's make for a great laugh.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
A 'leak' with no evidence against it is in confirmation limbo. Ken has nearly escaped confirmation limbo via the overwhelming detail that implies it's real.. The current Geno leak exists in limbo, and as such, I still feel the need to strike down faulty, incomplete 'evidence' against it. Actually source where this new image comes from and when it came out. Whether it came out before or after the Geno 'leak' is integral to whether or not it means anything.

Last edited:

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398
"Sakurai bias" refers to a baseless arguement that fans like you-know-who make in order to make him sound like he only cares about franchises he likes or has created/co-developed, while at the same time despising western-developed/popular IPs. The whole argument disintegrated the moment Ridley's splash screen came up, so I'm just curious as to what people like that are thinking now.

Yeah, it's best to keep them anonymous for now, though I'd still like to see a screencap of comments from these kinds of people learning that they were wrong about Sakurai all along. It's make for a great laugh.
Right, I get the idea behind Sakurai bias. I just thought you were framing it as a specific theory. Not just a thing people say that basically means whatever's convenient.

Unrelated, but I kind of hope it ends up being Akuma instead of Ken. I mean, the leak looks very convincing, but it depends how quickly an echo fighter could be made. Would it be crazy at this point for them to change?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I literally do not grasp how those models resemble each other at all beyond being a model of Geno, a simple and easy character design to model

The background's a different story
The nose matches perfectly. The mouth mostly matches with a slight change in the "leak".

Follow a line on the "leak" image in the wood texturing and it seems to match the "Original" image.

The ribbon placement is identical. The Ears are almost identical

The background is what absolutely kills it

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
So just a quick question, as I am not all that familiar with Geno or Super Mario RPG (never played it).

Does Geno talk? And if he does talk, will he be voiced in Smash if he gets in?

Anyway, sorry for my ignorance. Every picture I've ever seen of Geno, he has his mouth shut, so I've always just assumed he's a "strong, silent type."

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So just a quick question, as I am not all that familiar with Geno or Super Mario RPG (never played it).

Does Geno talk? And if he does talk, will he be voiced in Smash if he gets in?

Anyway, sorry for my ignorance. Every picture I've ever seen of Geno, he has his mouth shut, so I've always just assumed he's a "strong, silent type."
Geno does in fact talk but as SMRPG is just pure text with no VA (if I recall correctly) there is no specific voice associated to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom