• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Speaking of Captain Toad, I think it's high time he got added to Smash. Also if the 3DS version of Captain Toad had them Odyssey levels, I might just pick it up
Yeah, I once hope Toad can be in Smash... now I think Captain Toad should be in this time.
If appeared a character based from Nintendo Labo, I believe its Final Smash is the Robot Kit.
The next Wii Fit Trainer I presume lol.
mario123007 mario123007 It's not that mind boggling when it's happened before. :4bayonetta::4corrinf::4peach: (and Tharja).
EDIT: Mind you I'm not asking for a redesign of either of them. I don't think Pyra or Mythra's designs are that bad, I'm mainly talking about how they'll be censored a tad.
But happened before doesn't guarantee next Smash Bros will, just look at Brawl and Melee as well... and assume this is a new game... I will highly agreed with this suppose this turns out to be an enhanced port (Which I hope not.)

- one more time.. sorry if you consider this an excuse but...
:4bayonetta::4corrinf:<< included in Smash after release when the game's rating is set stone.
Tharja: If there wasn't ESRB leak (Which I also hope there wasn't)... we might not even know she was once in the game as a trophy.
I won't mind they will have minor censored, I'm just a bit annoyed on how some users here being so sure that Pyra and Mythra will get some tweaks... and without any legit reason but only based on some personal distaste on both of their design...
And look, it's ok to criticize Pyra and Mythra's design (Saying it's bad, it's sexualized..etc....), but use your personal opinion to prove that censorship will happen... is not right in my opinion or just a flaw statement.

If I were in the same stance I would say "I hope they have design tweaks on Pyra if she is in Smash because her pants are too short/ I don't like her sexualized design."<< this statement is ok, I won't say anything about it.

Contrary to most people, I personally think next Smash Bros will most likely be rated T, I have no proof whatsoever though, just my mere thoughts...

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Waluigi should have his own series of video games if he has some moves and so he can appear in the Super Smash Bros as a newcomer. If not his own series, at least since he is along with Wario in Mario's spin-off series, he was with him in the Wario Land and Warioware series.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I still don't really understand the point of putting Waluigi in his own series. He fits under the Mario umbrella, since he was created as a Mario character to be a rival for Luigi, similar to Wario. He has never left the Mario spin-off series, so I don't know how he could be considered anything else.

If we really want a 2nd Wario character, what's wrong with the WarioWare characters? I at least think they're pretty likable.

If we are ever fortunate to see Waluigi in a WarioWare or Wario Land game, I'd agree.

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I'd never heard this phrase before, except a couple of pages ago. It's actually quite useful.

Back on Smash though, are there any references you'd like to see in skins/colours for characters? I'd like to see a detective Pikachu hat for, well, Pikachu.
I want a Pikachu Libre costume for Pikachu

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
I still don't really understand the point of putting Waluigi in his own series. He fits under the Mario umbrella, since he was created as a Mario character to be a rival for Luigi, similar to Wario. He has never left the Mario spin-off series, so I don't know how he could be considered anything else.

If we really want a 2nd Wario character, what's wrong with the WarioWare characters? I at least think they're pretty likable.

If we are ever fortunate to see Waluigi in a WarioWare or Wario Land game, I'd agree.
I agreed but I want see the Waluigi's backstory. Anyone from the characters have a backstory.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is what I've always imagined Waluigi to be, honestly. Originating from Mario Tennis, it always seemed fitting to me to get a Waluigi that encompasses and references all of the Mario spin-off series he appears in, with his quirky personality and mannerisms.

Many have imagined Daisy in the same vein as well. Sounds like rivalry for the spot.

I though feel like due Waluigi's bigger popularity and having had more infamously spotlighted appearances in Smash before, I think he's bit ahead of Daisy.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I am sure for a stage from Super Mario 3D World, but I want see and a stage from Super Mario Odyssey. Maybe the Cap Kingdom or the Moon Kingdom or the New Donk City.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Many have imagined Daisy in the same vein as well. Sounds like rivalry for the spot.

I though feel like due Waluigi's bigger popularity and having had more infamously spotlighted appearances in Smash before, I think he's bit ahead of Daisy.
I don't think Daisy fits the role as well, personally. She is in just about as many party games, yes, but she doesn't really originate from them... and her appearance in Mario Tennis was due to a suggestion from Nintendo.

I definitely wouldn't mind if they could somehow work them both into the same character, a-la Olimar and Alph.

I'm pretty biased against Daisy though, getting harassed by her obsessive fans long enough has caused me to want to avoid that entire group and character.

Staarih

Smash Master
To me, the Mii’s were actually more enjoyable as the ”multi-man” opponents than actual fighters lol. Though I think I’d welcome a revamped Mii in the next game, playing with them and setting them up in Smash4 felt so cumbersome.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I agreed but I want see the Waluigi's backstory. Anyone from the characters have a backstory.
Does Waluigi need much of a backstory? I figure it's funnier if he's just some guy who really, REALLY hates Luigi for some inexplicable reason.

Though I'd really like to see him playable in a Wario Land game, or perhaps a new installment of the Mario & Luigi series where he and Wario are the X and Y buttons. (Not in that order)

T-Hell

Smash Lord
To me, the Mii’s were actually more enjoyable as the ”multi-man” opponents than actual fighters lol. Though I think I’d welcome a revamped Mii in the next game, playing with them and setting them up in Smash4 felt so cumbersome.
This just reminded me of how much I miss Fighting Polygon Team, lol. But Miis are ok.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Does Waluigi need much of a backstory? I figure it's funnier if he's just some guy who really, REALLY hates Luigi for some inexplicable reason.

Though I'd really like to see him playable in a Wario Land game, or perhaps a new installment of the Mario & Luigi series where he and Wario are the X and Y buttons. (Not in that order)
Waluigi's backstory is once Luigi accidentally bumped into him on the sidewalk and stepped on his foot.

Waluigi, having never been wronged so viciously before, changes his name and aims to destroy Luigi the only way he knows how: Tennis.

This is why he must get into Smash, to finish his duty and free his wandering soul once and for all. /s

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread just keeps moving too fast. Anyway, I want to take the time to input some BGM tracks from past Smash Bros. installments that should pop up again.

Battlefield
Final Destination

Like this?
Yeah, if Pyra does make the playable cut, she's going to have to have some censoring done to keep the game at an E10+ level. The variant on the right might do the job, but expect a Teen rating to pop up if the left variant gets used.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Had a dream last night where Sans got announced for Smash. Everyone here was pissed.

What would your actual reactions be?
I actually am having odd gut feeling that Sans might be that surprise character none expected to see.

Maybe because I'd be bit annoyed to see him, but kind of expect the world to bend itself just to get me salty anyway.

But I'm sure Undertale-fans and some beyond will be stoked, definitely. Also, full circle from Earthbound Halloween Hack to the creator's own RPG making his characters finally join the ones that allowed him to start such long and amazing journey on game development...

I'm pretty biased against Daisy though, getting harassed by her obsessive fans long enough has caused me to want to avoid that entire group and character.
I can only think of one "obsessive" fan like that, but I feel like Daisy-fans are more or less quieter due how Daisy's fan perception has shifted after Rosalina had hit her peak of popularity starting from 3D World and eventually being in Smash, leading to Daisy become more a memetic loser and apparently the target of infamous obsession of "that one guy" in Youtube.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I can only think of one "obsessive" fan like that, but I feel like Daisy-fans are more or less quieter due how Daisy's fan perception has shifted after Rosalina had hit her peak of popularity starting from 3D World and eventually being in Smash.
On here and GameFAQs sure, but not really anywhere else. Twitter is really bad about them, I most recently had someone go after me because I liked someone's Tweets saying they didn't like Daisy. They made a call out post and everything lol

I actually am having odd gut feeling that Sans might be that surprise character none wanted.

Maybe because I'd be bit annoyed to see him, but kind of expect the world to bend itself just to get me salty anyway.

But I'm sure Undertale-fans and some beyond will be stoked, definitely. Also, full circle from Earthbound Halloween Hack to the creator's own RPG making his characters finally join the ones that allowed him to start such long and amazing journey on game development...
Eh, I don't think they'd ever make a 3rd party the weird one.

Of course anything is possible.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I believe they are referring to the lack of Waddle Dee (or another Kirby character they want, like Marx.)

(I'm mostly just guessing based off their username.)
Yeah I didn't want to waste Young Link's spot, which is more interesting than Waddle Dee

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Waluigi's backstory is once Luigi accidentally bumped into him on the sidewalk and stepped on his foot.

Waluigi, having never been wronged so viciously before, changes his name and aims to destroy Luigi the only way he knows how: Tennis.

This is why he must get into Smash, to finish his duty and free his wandering soul once and for all. /s
My headcanon is that Waluigi was once a Luigi superfan who slowly lost his sanity after cosplaying one too many times. Now his ultimate goal is to quietly replace Luigi as Mario's brother without anyone noticing.

"Waluigi's Warehouse - A game featuring Mario's purple-clothed brother. Coming in 2018!"

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Waluigi originated from mario tennis so he fits the "mario sports rep" better imo than daisy and the fact he was an assist trophy, one that sakurai mentioned in the context of some characters are assist trophies not playable (implying perhaps hes considered it), and he even uses his tennis racket as an assist trophy so sakurai has already made the connection of mario sports rep.

Daisy I'm fine with being in smash but she could easily be a peach clone/semi-clone or an alt costume like Alph to olimar or the koopalings and I dont think people would be mad about that. You CAN'T do that for waluigi, I'm happy to have both and this seems to be the way to do it.

I think the most likely pure "mario" newcomer is captain toad (as cool as paper mario is id rather have more characters added than a link/toon link situation for mario who already has doctor mario) and if we get captain toad changing peaches toad special move would also make adding a daisy clone/alt costume more likely, if her character is already being tweaked and her moveset being disassociated with "princess of the toads", which daisy of course is not.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it wrong if I said that I could tolerate Rosalina's Mario Kart 8 voice better than Daisy's Mario Kart Wii voice? Of course, Rosalina does have a few voice clips that could've been handled better.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I thought Waluigi was **** Dastardly after giving up his dream of ever winning a race.

Honestly... all Waluigi needs is a purple trenchcoat and a hat with aviator goggles. A sidekick, preferably a dog with a wheezy laugh. And he should be in a car at all times.

?????????????

Smash Master
I'm juuuust about as interested in seeing Daisy in Smash as I am seeing Waluigi in Smash. As far as I'm concerned, they fulfill the same role: two Mario characters we pretty much expect to see in every Mario Party, Kart, or sport game.

If we get Waluigi, I'd like to see Daisy too, not that I expect that to be the case. As far as I can tell, Waluigi has more..."fan demand," but I have a clearer picture of a Daisy plant-themed moveset.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina has one.
....and that's it.
And her back story (that story book) is good, I mean really good, so good that Koizumi even once consider publish it as an actual children book.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The reason Waluigi has more demand is he's simply more intriguing.

He's got a mystery to him (who is he to Wario?), he's got this weirdo charisma, he's got a flirty personality that you know would win with the ladies but doesn't really get him in anything in the Mushroom Kingdom.

And Daisy?

She's just orange Peach. And she's a tomboy. That's literally all she has.

Daisy needs to be developed more. You can increase a character's personality even in spin-off games. Waluigi is a testament to that. Daisy is the reverse of that.

Last edited:

Chron

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, mii too. As likely the only Mii main(dual main with Roy) on this thread, I'm definitely hoping they return, especially with the extra customization they have on Switch. Being able to transfer the Mii outfits from Wii U to Switch would be cool, but probably isn't gonna happen. The Switch also resolves my main problem with the Miis. If you transfer a Mii with a DLC outfit from Wii U to 3DS(or vice versa) you can't use the outfit. That makes since, but that also means if your at your friends house/at a tournament, unless they have the outfit, you can't use it. The Switch solves this by being the portable to carry your Mii on, and the console to play on.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Daisy needs to be developed more. You can increase a character's personality even in spin-off games. Waluigi is a testament to that. Daisy is the reverse of that.
Oh, really? I never realized that was the perception of her. I thought they'd done plenty to actually give her a personality.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, really? I never realized that was the perception of her. I thought they'd done plenty to actually give her a personality.
Please tell me 3 unique facets of her personality. Or 3 unique things only she does in the Mario Kart or Mario Party series.

Because basically everytime I've selected her in those games? She's just a palette swap for Peach with a slightly spunkier tomboy attitude.

Meanwhile with Waluigi?

He flirts and has an affinity for roses, he's always concerned that everyone is cheating despite looking like cheater number one looks wise, he has an affinity for bombs like Wario before him, he's constantly doing eccentric dances and movements.

The amount of time put into Waluigi's personality. Compared to Daisy's is just....not even close.

Daisy seems like an afterthought to make into her own individual. Even more so when you look at the other 3 main Mario ladies and how fleshed out and different they are from each other.

Pauline has more of a vibrant personality than Daisy and she's sat out the Mario series mostly.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Please tell me 3 unique facets of her personality. Or 3 unique things only she does in the Mario Kart or Mario Party series.
1.) She's competitive. She hates to lose and pouts when she doesn't get her way.

2.) She's energetic. She does everything with gusto and puts her heart into her actions.

3.) She magically grows flowers.

....That wasn't even hard. I could do more.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
1.) She's competitive. She hates to lose and pouts when she doesn't get her way.

2.) She's energetic. She does everything with gusto and puts her heart into her actions.

3.) She magically grows flowers.

....That wasn't even hard. I could do more.
Where does she magically grow flowers? And is it a recurring theme for her? Not just one game.

The other two are just ''I'm a tomboy ya'll!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom