• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like Bayonetta won for real.

The thing was that most of the votes where ****posting because "le too mature for Le Smesh XD".

And the joke ended up ****ing the ballot.
If meme votes were counted, Goku would be our winner.

Also, there were a lot of genuine fans who really wanted to see her in. I think in the end, it was a mix of popularity and ease of implemantation.

*turns off notifications*

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I feel like Bayonetta won for real.

The thing was that most of the votes where ****posting because "le too mature for Le Smesh XD".

And the joke ended up ****ing the ballot.
Kind of like how EA ended up winning the "worst company in America" award two or three years in a row.

Like, yeah, they aren't great for the gaming industry. But how the hell did they beat Comcast and Bank of America???

The internet is meaningless.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Kind of like how EA ended up winning the "worst company in America" award two or three years in a row.

Like, yeah, they aren't great for the gaming industry. But how the hell did they beat Comcast and Bank of America???

The internet is meaningless.
In defense of the internet did you SEE what they did to Battlefront 2? Had to get friggin governments involved!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly again I don't think there was any "winning" the ballot since it wasn't a contest in the first place and we were never guaranteed whatever the top spot supposedly was. Beyond that we don't really have much evidence for anything with the ballot outside smaller polls and conjecture so I see no real reason to doubt Sakurai in that instance, especially considering Im not sure what would be gained from lying in the first place.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
YR to:

-Geno, Ken, BWD and Shantae are in
-Mallow is an A.T.
-Spirits is a glorified Smash Run
-Skull Kid is a boss
-Isaac doesn't appear in the game

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wanna hear Xander Mobus pronounce ♡♪!? . Or his Japanese name,"ϴ-double bolt S- box with inner box and hair-circle with up and down arrowheads"

SmashBoards doesn't like images today or else that would have been easier.

D

Deleted member

People really do ignore Bayonetta demand was so high back in Smash 4 days that it got Kamiya annoyed(hence his famous "Smash idiots"). Her fanbase just wasn't vocal about it, probably because this fanbase loves to shoot down what they don't agree with(just look at the arguments against Bayo before her confirmation). Hell, she even appeared in a bunch of fake leaks back in the day.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
In defense of the internet did you SEE what they did to Battlefront 2? Had to get friggin governments involved!
Actually, I didn't. Battlefront 1 was so bad that I kind of turned off my mind anytime Battlefront 2 was brought up.

I wasn't falling for it again.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
YR to:

-Mallow is an A.T.
-Skull Kid is a boss
-Yes, Yes, Yes, SO MUCH YES
-Ok
- I can live with that.. i guess
- I mean it kinda sucks with no new zelda reps but I was more in the Vaati or Ghirahim camp anyway
- Well thats a shame but theres always DLC.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Bayonetta was being worked on pretty early.

Maybe they looked at poll numbers after week 1 and called it then.

osby

Smash Obsessed
YR to:

-Mallow is an A.T.
-Skull Kid is a boss
- Shantae would feel weird but solid choises overall
- Nice, he deserves that much
- Meh. Still cool mode though, not like Melee's Adventure Mode
- Cool *wears headphones*
- That's pretty sad *keeps headphones on*

D

Deleted member

People really do ignore Bayonetta demand was so high back in Smash 4 days that it got Kamiya annoyed(hence his famous "Smash idiots"). Her fanbase just wasn't vocal about it, probably because this fanbase loves to shoot down what they don't agree with(just look at the arguments against Bayo before her confirmation). Hell, she even appeared in a bunch of fake leaks back in the day.
I know about that.
There was people that wanted her for real, but also trolls who voted for her thinking she was unlikely.

The people that voted seriously for her ended up being right.

Bandana Waddle Dee
Then a cool selection.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
that it got Kamiya annoyed
That's not necessarily very difficult...

If meme votes were counted, Goku would be our winner.

Also, there were a lot of genuine fans who really wanted to see her in. I think in the end, it was a mix of popularity and ease of implemantation.

*turns off notifications*
good thing you turned off notifications because there would be nothing wrong with that

D

Deleted member

Honestly, my hype for Bandana Dee died really hard after how disappointing SSF2 made him to be. Not that he'll necessarily end up like that but it just doesn't let me get hyped for him because I keep remembering... "that"

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
YR to:

-Mallow is an A.T.
-Skull Kid is a boss
My top two remaining wanted newcomers, someone I have very fond memories of in Ken, and Geno for the community would be absolutely amazing.
Mallow getting representation would be awesome.
Spirits as Smash Run would be disappointing, but that's only based on the expectations we all built up. If it's an improved Smash Run with Online multiplayer I'd be down.
I'd be fine with Skull Kid as a boss. I wouldn't dislike him as a character in any way, but this would also be fine with me.
Isaac not appearing in the game opens him up to DLC so that's awesome.

Overall I'd be very, very happy with that,but I'd understand that many people wouldn't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, my hype for Bandana Dee died really hard after how disappointing SSF2 made him to be. Not that he'll necessarily end up like that but it just doesn't let me get hyped for him because I keep remembering... "that"
How bad is he there?

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Since I can’t think of anything else better: What games has everyone been playing/replaying while waiting for this information drought to end? I just beat Castlevania Symphony of the Night a few days ago, and I loved just about everything about it. I’m trying out Maple Story 2 this week since everyone else is playing it, and will be playing the (FINALLY AFTER 500 YEARS) completed Pokémon rom hack Pokémon Gaia. I might also replay Kirby and the Amazing Mirror because why not.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
YR to:

-Mallow is an A.T.
-Skull Kid is a boss
-YESSSS
-Nice! Another SMRPG representation!
-Underwhelming but I like Smash Run so I am fine with it
-OOF but makes sense
-OOOOOFF

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Really? He's one of my mains in F2, I think he's super fun.

Though that might just be because his taunt cancel is top tier.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Bandana Dee was in Street Fighter 2? Was he the secret Boss who beats up Akuma if you get to the end without continuing and access the Akuma fight?

D

Deleted member

Since I can’t think of anything else better: What games has everyone been playing/replaying while waiting for this information drought to end? I just beat Castlevania Symphony of the Night a few days ago, and I loved just about everything about it. I’m trying out Maple Story 2 this week since everyone else is playing it, and will be playing the (FINALLY AFTER 500 YEARS) completed Pokémon rom hack Pokémon Gaia. I might also replay Kirby and the Amazing Mirror because why not.
-Spider-Man PS4
-Super Metroid
-Megaman 11
-Donkey Kong Country 1
-Brawl
-Smash 3DS
-Smash Wii U
-Warioware Gold
-Crash N Sane Trilogy
-Skylanders Imaginators
-God Of War
-Uncharted 4
-Batman Return To Arkham.
-Super Bomberman R
-etc...

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Bayonetta was being worked on pretty early.

Maybe they looked at poll numbers after week 1 and called it then.
Tmk we know she had a placeholder but I see nothing indicating she was being worked on at that time.

This seems to be true of smashfaqs at the very least from my experience. There's a lot of echo chambering going on a lot of the time and if you bring up something outside the chamber you get shouted down.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
YR to:

-Mallow is an A.T.
-Skull Kid is a boss
-Don't care, I'm cool with this, YES!!!!, and I approve
-Makes sense if Geno is in
-O.K., a bit disappointed for all the build up, but I'd like a improved Smash Run
-Wouldn't surprise me
-Hopefully he gets in as DLC

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Got Fire Emblem Echoes on the replay, a copy of Order of Ecclesia came in and once I fix my ps3 controller, MGS Peace Walker

D

Deleted member

How bad is he there?
Oh boy where do I start:
-Fights with a stick instead of a spear. That thing hs less range than MK's sword it's really ****ing dumb
-Half of his moveset is Parasol/Beam abilities that don't fit well with his playstyle
-The generic as **** BAir
-Spear Throw is slow and awkward
-WHAT'S THE POINT OF A SPEAR USER WITHOUT REACH

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Got excited when NintendoVS posted but it was about Splatoon.

And then I got excited because this Splatoon art is awesome and the splatfest sounds fun.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy where do I start:
-Fights with a stick instead of a spear. That thing hs less range than MK's sword it's really ****ing dumb
-Half of his moveset is Parasol/Beam abilities that don't fit well with his playstyle

I doubt that he would play like that in Ultimate.

He would probably be better.

D

Deleted member

where did you see me saying anything like that
Everyone KNOWS purple always means Waluigi. /s

TBH I just saw the chance to make a Waluigi joke and took it. :p

EDIT: Probably should have also clarified the text at the bottom in that post wasn't about Waluigi, that was about the Geno stuff from earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh boy where do I start:
His playstyle? Do you mean upairupairupairupairupairupair?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I voted for Bayo once a day. I have no regrets
Kingdom Hearts 2.5

I have a newfound hatred for Roxas because of his boss fight on Critical

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
YR to:

-Mallow is an A.T.
-Skull Kid is a boss
- Eh
- Good for him
- I liked Smash Run, so wouldn't mind
- REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
- Ouch

D

Deleted member

Oh boy where do I start:
Also, the big thing with Korby characters in Smash is that they play and feel just like they do in, well, Kirby games.
BD in SSF2 feels nothing like he is in Korby and is just a cluster**** of moves because SSF2 made those horrendous Mega Man and Chibi-Robo movesets because they think "big number of references=good moveset".
They also made an aerial Isaac which is... puzzling, to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom