• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
With the box, at this point I just hope for the best, but expect the worst. And at least the box tempers my expectations somewhat. It's not worth getting all pissed about. If the box is right, no one is going to care when everything's revealed, and if it isn't, hype but again, no one is going to care.

I'm more salty at the box for completely destroying discussion though.
The box was my bestman at my wedding and I caught it in the bathroom porking my wife...

The box is awful.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I just saw the Isaac leak... it's actually not bad tbh. Definitely fake though, because lol website leaks lol

Also, for Geno's voice, the only one that I'll accept is Takehito Koyasu in JPN and Patrick Seitz in ENG
More like Dark Geno.

"Hoh? You're approaching me? Instead of running away, you come right to me, Geno? Even though your grandfather, Simon, told you the secret of The Star Road, like an exam student scrambling to finish the problems on an exam until the last moments before the chime?"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
He's popular with the Smash speculation community. Nowhere do people care about him.
As much as I disagree with your statement you're literally going "ME HATE GENO REEEE" in the middle of the very group you pin as the main support base of the character.

Without bothering to actually justify it, mind.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
He's popular with the Smash speculation community. Nowhere do people care about him.
Do you think Geno is gonna steal some imaginary slot away from your most wanted? Is that why you're acting like a manbaby getting angry about a video game developer ambiguously considering to add something that appeals to fans of his game?

D

Deleted member

Geno needs his old Crusade voice though. I need to be able to GINO WORL in Ultimate!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The man himself said he did very well in the polls. In fact, besides K. Rool, he's one of the ONLY characters we know did very well in the ballot. I doubt the Smash Speculation scene alone could get a character that high up.

Anyway, moving on...

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I personally prefer Mallow a bit more.
Hey man, Mallow's a good boy. And I'll fully admit that, unlike Geno, he actually has an arc and develops as a character. Nothing wrong with liking the cloudy boy more.

Don't tell Ridley. He might get ladder combo'd off the top of the stage.
*Roblox Oof*

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But what if Geno/Mallow tag team and they both play basketball?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
and that's fine

Tbh I'd even be okay with some sort of SMRPG assist trophy featuring Geno and Mallow. And Boywer. And Booster. etc.
Okay I just realized how Booster's Tower ABSOLUTELY needs to be Mario RPG's stage. Also we need this song more badly than any other song literally ever.

Heck, forget all of it, BOOSTER FOR SMASH!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay I just realized how Booster's Tower ABSOLUTELY needs to be Mario RPG's stage. Also we need this song more badly than any other song literally ever.

Heck, forget all of it, BOOSTER FOR SMASH!
I don't know if you were there for the conversation in the discord months ago but I think I mentioned liking that idea

And also it would be a grave sin not to have any SMRPG music in, and "And My Name's Booster" would be perfect lol
So would a lot of songs but I really wanna hear this in a Smash Ultimate mix

inb4 rap

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Square Enix should make another Mario Sports title, tbh.
I have a personal vendetta against Mario Hoops 3 on 3 because I'm a lefty and games like that and Kid Icarus make me work way too hard just to be able to comfortably play them, but MAN was it such a clever idea and a great way to make Basketball feel like Mario.

And hot damn its soundtrack is boppin.

Sports Mix is mostly just "Eh" to me, but the fact that I can slam dunk a basketball on the head of a Beheamoth absolutely brings it up from a 6 to an 11 easily.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
As much as I disagree with your statement you're literally going "ME HATE GENO REEEE" in the middle of the very group you pin as the main support base of the character.

Without bothering to actually justify it, mind.
Man, I'm just tired and seeing people go on about him is just making my mood worse.

I'm just gonna take a break for a few hours until I'm less tired

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly wouldn't mind Geno but think talk of their popularity can be overblown at times and don't think he would be as much as a hype explosion as his fans say he would be. His fanbase is passionate and would be super hype but honestly even within the fandom from my experience he still gets a "huh who is that?" from a good chunk of people, And that is where the entirety of his popularity even comes from.

D

Deleted member

Good, we need a good sports game rep

Reopening old wounds, I see. :c

I say like who you wanna like. Everyone has their own tastes on what characters they do and don't like, and I personally don't see a reason to argue about it or try to belittle one another's favorite characters.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
This is been bugging me for ages and I need an answer: what's Geno's personality supposed to be like? This isn't meant to be a criticism - half of the Smash roster has no discernible personality. I'm just wondering as I never played SMRPG and half his fanart gives off an edgelord vibe (as does fanart for any character) while the other half is more light-hearted and wholesome.

D

Deleted member

This is been bugging me for ages and I need an answer: what's Geno's personality supposed to be like? This isn't meant to be a criticism - half of the Smash roster has no discernible personality. I'm just wondering as I never played SMRPG and half his fanart gives off an edgelord vibe (as does fanart for any character) while the other half is more light-hearted and wholesome.
I'm still trying to finish Mario RPG (i am in the cave located in the mole village at the moment).

But i think that he is a character focused on his mission (getting the seven parts of the Star Road) and quiet in every situation (even battles).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here's some Geno quotes from the Mario wiki.

He's an entity of the stars who inhabits a young boy's wooden doll. He's also a fan of Mario.
The "guy who knows what he's doing" character but isn't infallible. Obviously, considering he's seeking the help of "THE Mario!".

Last edited:

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
The man himself said he did very well in the polls. In fact, besides K. Rool, he's one of the ONLY characters we know did very well in the ballot. I doubt the Smash Speculation scene alone could get a character that high up.

Anyway, moving on...
Lol, right. And “bayonetta won the ballot”

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Reopening old wounds, I see. :c

I say like who you wanna like. Everyone has their own tastes on what characters they do and don't like, and I personally don't see a reason to argue about it or try to belittle one another's favorite characters.
where did you see me saying anything like that

D

Deleted member

Lol, right. And “bayonetta won the ballot”
I feel like Bayonetta won for real.

The thing was that most of the votes where ****posting because "le too mature for Le Smesh XD".

And the joke ended up ****ing the ballot.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That's a good question. He sadly doesn't get as much text as he probably needed to develop, but based on his initial appearance and his conversation with Mario and Bowser when they enter Smithy's realm, I'd say he definitely has one, it's just... Hard to pinpoint.
He gets goofy when the rest of the party gets goofy, he laughs, he has a serious side... I'd say Geno is almost a bit... Posh?

I mean, he goes around saying things like "This is a fine mess!" And he literally bumps his head like a goof stumbling around in the dark trying to get use to his body when he snags the doll, is sly enough to manipulate Bowser into helping them even after getting the castle back... Geno's FAR from being an Edgy boy.

I think Posh is the right word. He kinda reminds me of, say, Prince Peasley from Superstar Saga, just not nearly flamboyant. He has a strong sense of justice, wants to help those in need, but tries to have fun while doing so. Honestly, he's a pretty typical JRPG protagonist, just... Not the primary protagonist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom