• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I must have missed something about the Ken leak, last I knew it was an undisputed real image.
Nah you didn't miss anything, people are just pressing X to doubt suddenly for no real reason.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Example?

...I've never even considered that until now. Who would make a good voice for Geno? He's definitely not a silent character, so I'd imagine he'd get a VA... I'd imagine it'd be one of Square's many mainstay actors.
Honestly a voice like Adult Yugi echoes in my head.

Wait he might have two if Square isn't lazy, one for English and on for Japanese.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At least that particular Isaac render isn't completely hideous and looks slightly closer to Ultimate's lighting style if nothing else.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Example?

...I've never even considered that until now. Who would make a good voice for Geno? He's definitely not a silent character, so I'd imagine he'd get a VA... I'd imagine it'd be one of Square's many mainstay actors.
I've always been of the belief that there are only two ways to do Geno's voice.

The first is a semi-serious, calculated take. Mick Wingert's take on Jeorge in Fire Emblem Heroes is the closest vocal match I had in mind.

The second was honestly my instinctual choice, which was somewhere between Smash 4 Fox and Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I doubt Geno will have a voice. They'll likely just give him voice clips from the SM RPG.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Since the website isn’t letting me post pictures...here’s an article and a picture link
Bruh I don't know if this is fake there's a lot that needed to be replicated.

I mean they got the lighting bugs, that's madness
Sometimes you can fake it real good, so who knows (I’m personally indifferent on the Ken leak, but oh well)

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
I really wonder if this will be a big week or not. Less than two months out and we still don't know about:

-Spirits
-Online and whether or not for Fun and for Glory are back
-Games and More
-All Star Mode
-Events
-Trophies
-Mii and character customization of any kind

It's actually insane that most of the game is still shrouded in mystery, less than two months out.

Last edited:

bobadz

Smash Ace
I am willing to believe it if it means it'll summon a lynch mob for Vergeben.
I don’t want verge harassed and it’s not that I don’t think his info isn’t legit. I’d just like to see what happens if he’s wrong on a character being in.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer if Geno didn't have a voice, yeah. Mega Man is supposed to talk, but he doesn't for the sake of making him look cool, I guess.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly a voice like Adult Yugi echoes in my head.

Wait he might have two if Square isn't lazy, one for English and on for Japanese.
Completely spit balling here, but there's 3 choices I feel would be good depending on what kind of voice they want Geno to have, considering we pull from Square's litter.

If they want a younger take on Geno, I think Ray Chase (Noctis) would be a pretty good choice. If they wanted a more mature-ish voice, I think Yuri Lowenthal (Cecil, Marth, Spiderman in the PS4 Game) would work too. If they wanted to go somewhere in the middle, I think Johnny Yong (Firion, Zero from MMX, Yu from Persona) would work.

Plenty of choices. I'm pretty interested in seeing who, if anyone, would voice Geno. I think I'd prefer him silent, but still.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I would prefer if Geno didn't have a voice, yeah. Mega Man is supposed to talk, but he doesn't for the sake of making him look cool, I guess.
Probably because retro mega man doesn't talk for his first games. Ik he talks now but yeah. Idk it'd be weird having a talking mega man in smash, at least to me.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
I really wonder if this will be a big week or not. Less than two months out and we still don't know about:

-Spirits
-Online and whether or not for Fun and for Glory are back
-Games and More
-All Star Mode
-Events
-Trophies
-Mii and character customization of any kind

It's actually insane that most of the game is still shrouded in mystery, less than two months out.
I think all of this (plus some character reveals) can easily be stuffed into a single Smash direct. It's becoming increasingly likely that they'll drop a fat direct in November very close to release, just so interest in the game can be at it's peak by the time the game drops.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Nah you didn't miss anything, people are just pressing X to doubt suddenly for no real reason.
I've doubted it since the start. You can check my post history if you want.
Nothing is "undisputed" until its confirmed.
Again, that Palutena "leak" looked incredibly real as well.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I've always been of the belief that there are only two ways to do Geno's voice.

The first is a semi-serious take, calculated take. Mick Wingert's take on Jeorge in Fire Emblem Heroes is the closest vocal match I had in mind.

The second was honestly my instinctual choice, which was somewhere between Smash 4 Fox and Mandark from Dexter's Laboratory.
Just refreshed myself on his voice clips, and Mick is a pretty dang good fit, yeah. He'd definitely do Geno justice.

And I find it weird that I can not only perfectly picture the second idea, but completely agree that it could work, because it's such an ODD medium. But hey, what works works!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Gilbert Gottfried for Geno

Only way I'll tolerate that garbage character in Smash
Is this seriously going to be a thing with you every time Geno is brought up?

We get it man. You don't like Geno. That's cool, I dislike plenty of Characters people like. But what exactly is a comment like this trying to accomplish? Literally doing nothing but bring the mood down.

Just talk about something else if it bothers you so much.

Though I will admit Gilbert voicing Geno is funny as **** to me.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
More like Jeff Goldblum for Geno.

"I serve, uh, a higher authority."
"In reaching for the power of Master Hand you and all the others always pondered whether you could but never asked if you should !"

-Geno, Spirits Mode 2018

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I mean...it KINDA can. Because you can write the circumstances of a person death in it like, "Mary went home and hung herself." and they'll just go and do that.

So it's possible for him to be, like, "Goku kills Naruto and then dies from his injuries."
Well... it's ok, but... the post you have quoted is from Luigifan18, how is it possible that it results as quoted from me?
lol

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Is this seriously going to be a thing with you every time Geno is brought up?

We get it man. You don't like Geno. That's cool, I dislike plenty of Characters people like. But what exactly is a comment like this trying to accomplish? Literally doing nothing but bring the mood down.

Just talk about something else if it bothers you so much.
This is what happens when you constantly hear people go on and on and on and on about him for well over 10 years.
More like Jeff Goldblum for Geno.

"I serve, uh, a higher authority."
jeff should be waluigi

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
This is what happens when you constantly hear people go on and on and on and on about him for well over 10 years.

jeff should be waluigi
God forbid people talk about something they enjoy.

That doesn't answer my question. What does your comment accomplish?

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Probably because retro mega man doesn't talk for his first games. Ik he talks now but yeah. Idk it'd be weird having a talking mega man in smash, at least to me.
It's the same reason Pac-Man doesn't talk. They're going for the retro feel. Which I very much appreciate.

A part of me wishes they did the same with Sonic. Remove his voice and about 6" in height, give him a potbelly and a chili dog taunt.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Let's me get at least some of my anger and annoyance out.
No.
Not if that anger and annoyance is a detrement to a conversation or the general mood. Sulk to yourself unless you have something productive to add. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

Last edited:

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
no particular reason, I think if something happens this week it'll be announced Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. But I am always hopeful the drought will end every day at 7am :p
Waiting for this drought to end is slowly eating away at my sanity. i just wish katamari reroll would come sooner

D

Deleted member

I just saw the Isaac leak... it's actually not bad tbh. Definitely fake though, because lol website leaks lol

Also, for Geno's voice, the only one that I'll accept is Takehito Koyasu in JPN and Patrick Seitz in ENG

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The tires are wearing out, at this point it's better if we all do a pit stop and return to the box.
Oh, wait.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The tires are wearing out, at this point it's better if we all do a pit stop and return to the box.
Oh, wait.
I never left the box.

It's just that talking about other possibilities is more entertaining. But I'm already comfortable with the knowledge the box provides me.

All hail the box.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's been a box around my avatar for years. It only felt right that I believed the box.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
With the box, at this point I just hope for the best, but expect the worst. And at least the box tempers my expectations somewhat. It's not worth getting all pissed about. If the box is right, no one is going to care when everything's revealed, and if it isn't, hype but again, no one is going to care.

I'm more salty at the box for completely destroying discussion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom