• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Speaking of Ganondorf, now that I think about it, if he gets a redesign that reflects the style of BotW, what would they do with his Final Smash? I suppose they can just turn him into Calamity Beast Ganon of that game and have him charge out as usual but still...
I think you just answered your own question and gave us the most likely outcome.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I agree with this 100%.
The more people say Greninja is going to get cut, the more angry I get. Greninja is really popular at this point and Greninja is still getting a lot of love, like Ash-Greninja in Generation Seven. I highly doubt Greninja is going to get cut from Smash 4 to Smash in Switch, and I think Greninja could remain in every Smash Brothers game it is in.

I am her long lost grandson.
I'm gonna agree with you here. This is the new Lucario/Ike getting cut debate all over again.

Time to get my ninja frog support in now

:4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
It's not just :4ganondorf:, but in general, I dislike the idea of characters using a bunch of made up specials. It kind of defeats the point of using the character. If they don't do anything canon, it just makes the character, not the character anymore.

Making up moves was necessary for :4falcon:, but they should've given :4ness: PSI he could actually use. Paralysis as a side special, Teleport as an up special, and Shield as a down special would've worked.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Almost the perfect Ganondorf. Just give him a mashup of different moves from this rather than it being two different sets.
Oh yes, yes, yes, yes. This would be perfect. If we can’t have the glorious HW Trident Ganondorf, this is an excellent alternative.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's unbelievably uncreative. If he's just gonna slash his sword like Marth, he may as well stay a Captain Falcon clones.

He deserves better than that in the next game.
Did you even watch the video? All of the moves are taken directly from various Zelda games.

The sword could only be a handful of moves while the rest are the magic based ones.

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
Speaking of Ganondorf, now that I think about it, if he gets a redesign that reflects the style of BotW, what would they do with his Final Smash? I suppose they can just turn him into Calamity Beast Ganon of that game and have him charge out as usual but still...
Remove the Beast part and just make him Calamity Ganon. Would be nuts with all those different attacks, heh.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
How many people actually want Ganondorf to fight with a sword? It seems silly to hear around these parts, especially considering how many people think we have too many sword characters. I think an entire set based around dark magic would be optimal for a rework, but personally I only want him to get minimal changes, if any. I would like a better recovery, different neutral B, and a different down B.
I don't play as Falcon OR Ganondorf, so I wouldn't mind either way.

He could be 100% changed or unchanged for all I care.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don’t see the point in giving Dorf a sword when DDD and Ike exist.

DDD is the extremely heavy, slow and powerful one. Ike is the physically slow but relatively agile one. Swordendorf would be... Kinda in the middle I guess? Then if you make him more of a zoner then you just start overlapping Link.

Dorf stands out more with his cloned moveset, ironically enough. Give him some floaty thing and some more green sparkles and you could say it’s inspired by OoT and shut up the people who say he’s not accurate.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So, I just found out this discussion existed, right after I already uploaded a video on my predictions for the new installment.
I'm not a fan of self advertising, but everything I'd probably say here is likely to have been said in my video already. Since it's related to the topic at hand, I feel it should be safe to throw up a link for those curious:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The first discussed leak(well second if you count the relative that works at Nintendo).

And it's Ridley. Let the Smash leak fun begin anew.

Anyways. I'm wondering who will be the next Codex/Guidance NPCs. The most popular choice seems to be Callie and Marie which is definitely a reasonable choice. Hopefully it won't be that botched like the Guidance was.

D

Deleted member

“Ganondorf rework”.

I'd gladly sign that list.

If there’s one character that could have use a proper rework since Brawl, it was him. (and to an extent, Dark Pit with a moveset entirely based on Uprising).

“Falcondorf” fits his personality? In what alternate universe am I living in? People “happy” or “satisfied” with that moveset are the reason Sakurai is unwilling to change him at all. The custom move was a small step in the right direction but it could go a bit farther than that.
I was joking around before because, honestly, people can have their opinions. Thinking Ganondorf should be reworked is fine, it's just an opinion.
But saying Ganondorf SHOULD be changed because YOU don't like it really gets on my nerves because there are plenty of people who ACTUALLY do like him as he is.
Doesn't help you saying that those who do like him are "part of the problem".
If you want Ganondorf to get reworked, there are better ways to go about it without insulting people.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
The first discussed leak(well second if you count the relative that works at Nintendo).

And it's Ridley. Let the Smash leak fun begin anew.

Anyways. I'm wondering who will be the next Codex/Guidance NPCs. The most popular choice seems to be Callie and Marie which is definitely a reasonable choice. Hopefully it won't be that botched like the Guidance was.
I'd be down for that. Wouldn't be too hard to add for DLC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Callie & Marie were hilarious hosts of Splatoon. If they can keep their rivalry alive in codec/guidances. It'd be amazing.

Plus their fashionistas too. So they'd probably drag the playable roster for filth.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Suppose there was a smash ballot, and you got to pick one of each of the following for the new game:
Character
Stage
Mechanic (or remove a mechanic)
Rework a character/remove a character
For me, it would be:

- Dixie Kong (my fav Nintendo character)

- FE Heroes Summoning Stone:
A stage where from time to time is made a summon and a Fire Emblem character appears as a hazard. Of course the most commom are Oboro/Barst/Stahl/Virion but ir randomly summons 4 specific 4*s and even 2 5*s.

Remove ledge trump

Zelda Re-Work...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Callie & Marie were hilarious hosts of Splatoon. If they can keep their rivalry alive in codec/guidances. It'd be amazing.

Plus their fashionistas too. So they'd probably drag the playable roster for filth.
Callie and Marie codecs would be so amazing.

Give Pearl and Marina a cameo or two in them too while you're at it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
- FE Heroes Summoning Stone:
A stage where from time to time is made a summon and a Fire Emblem character appears as a hazard. Of course the most commom are Oboro/Barst/Stahl/Virion but ir randomly summons 4 specific 4*s and even 2 5*s.
If it means my boy Virion can finally get a trophy, yes please. :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Isn't Emily Rogers also involved in that leak. If so, she has been wrong a few times. Like all leaks. Until there's convincing evidence, then I remain skeptical.

D

Deleted member

Isn't Emily Rogers also involved in that leak. If so, she has been wrong a few times. Like all leaks. Until there's convincing evidence, then I remain skeptical.
Emily teased the Smash Bros announcement, but didn’t say anything about Ridley.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
That...doesn't seem to be a good enough reason for me. Any other reasons as to why?
Any leak involving Ridley catches a lot of attention. There was this one guy who has leaked stuff before then now he saying he's not sure if the leaker is right. Ms. Rogers is now saying she didn't say anything about Ridley in public.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
That's a good mindset. The only fully accurate leak with Smash 4 was the one that literally leaked the entire roster...although that also kinda ruined the surprise for everybody.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Any leak involving Ridley catches a lot of attention. There was this one guy who has leaked stuff before then now he saying he's not sure if the leaker is right. Ms. Rogers is now saying she didn't say anything about Ridley in public.
Then there is more reason to not believe this leak. Not completely, for now, but not take it that seriously until it is completely debunked or the opposite, you know what I mean?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Suppose there was a smash ballot, and you got to pick one of each of the following for the new game:
Character
Stage
Mechanic (or remove a mechanic)
Rework a character/remove a character

For me, it would be
Bandana Dee
Dr. Mario Stage
L-Cancelling
Ganondorf Re-Work
Late to the party, but here goes nothing.

Urban Champion (Yeah, that's right)
Mario Odyssey Stage
Aerial Grabs (if only for one character, donut steal Opossum Opossum )
Ganondorf re-work

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

"Holy carp! Isn't that Mario over there?! That dude's like CRAZY famous! He might even be more famous than us!"

"Y'know, for a gaming celebrity, you'd think he'd want to wear something besides dirty overalls. Just sayin."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom