• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I want a Kirby Smash mode in Smash. Kirby Smash is where all the playable characters in this mode are Kirby with permanent copied specials. I don't mean just the Neutral Special. I mean Side Special, Up Special, Down Special, and even Final Smash. The character select screen in this mode would be nothing but Kirby with hats.

They all have the same normal moves like Kirby but they all have different special moves depending on the hat they are wearing.
Making an animation for Kirby for every special in the series sounds like a humongous amount of work for a mode that you can basically on;y play one character. Sounds like a fun idea for a spinoff or a Mods, but as an official game mode it sounds like a lot of wasted time IMO

Sounds fun as hell though :p

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Making an animation for Kirby for every special in the series sounds like a humongous amount of work for a mode that you can basically on;y play one character. Sounds like a fun idea for a spinoff or a Mods, but as an official game mode it sounds like a lot of wasted time IMO

Sounds fun as hell though :p
Also why make it a mode and not just part of Kirby's moveset if you are going to use all that time, I really doubt that would be unbalanced.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I think I want a Kirby Smash mode in Smash. Kirby Smash is where all the playable characters in this mode are Kirby with permanent copied specials. I don't mean just the Neutral Special. I mean Side Special, Up Special, Down Special, and even Final Smash. The character select screen in this mode would be nothing but Kirby with hats.

They all have the same normal moves like Kirby but they all have different special moves depending on the hat they are wearing.
That'd be a lot more work than it's worth, though trying to imagine Kirby perform certain animations from the other specials does sound funny just because some would look weird.

I like the idea though, but what I'd rather get is a proper Kirby fighting game. Kirby Fighters Deluxe was pretty underwhelming. Or maybe just add a handful of alternate semi-clone movesets for Kirby where he uses actual Copy Abilites as the basis for his attacks instead of being able to use Inhale and whatnot. That'd also be more work than it's worth though...

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I'm debating with myself if I should update the OP or not. I know many people would jump straight to last page nowadays because they already read the OP so I'm not sure if it's worth for me to update the OP. Since there are some stuffs that may come out recently that weren't in OP.

---------

Well, Dr. Toto said that Smash for NX is in development (he tweeted it in Jan 2016 so I presume that that's when they may start their development) and he presumed that Smash NX is going to be a launch title. Dr. Toto haven't been wrong with his sources and rumors so far, and he have a reliable source.

I don't think Smash for Switch is going to be a launch title but I think it's going to be out by next year. During Jan 2016, Sakurai already commented that he would have a new project ready for him so we don't know if it's Smash-related or a brand new project. Also he commented that he bought a robot figurine so he could use the gun for his upcoming project.

Before people going to mention that Sakurai is on vacation. He already clarified that he's taking a breather, rather than a break.

If Sakurai chose to work on something else new. It don't meant Smash Bros is out of question, since it's plausible that Smash for Switch might be in the work, with Sakurai in small capacity, or without Sakurai, like Sakurai stay in position via Producer or so. Also the gun that he just purchased, I wonder if it's for new game project, or would it be used as prop for Inkling moveset animation concept for Smash Bros project? (Source:SourceGaming, Sakurai's GDC 2008 powerpoint)

I know it's pretty much everyone's question with upcoming Smash project? Is it enhanced port with new contents? or Is it going to be Smash 5? No one knows. It's a complete new situation for Sakurai and the fans, since Wii U kinda ended early. I meant Sakurai actually made Melee like two years after Smash Bros (64). If Dr. Toto is right about Smash for Switch being in development, then the development already went on for 14 months. However it's plausible that the development is complete and Nintendo is sitting on it so they could wait for a right time to announce and release.

I don't really think they're going to call it Super Smash 4 Deluxe, and if Sakurai's upcoming project is going to be Smash Bros for Switch (Only if he's more involved with the project.) then I would believe that we are going to see some new contents than some people expected to.

Also, I haven't throw some other stuffs in there yet as well.

I'm debating with myself if I should update the OP or not. I know many people would jump straight to last page nowadays because they already read the OP so I'm not sure if it's worth for me to update the OP. Since there are some stuffs that may come out recently that weren't in OP.
Sure, a lot of us will jump straight to the end, but that is only after reading the OP.

Keeping people, especially new members who are just heading in for the first time wouldn't mind.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm of the belief that the majority of the content for the port was probably being worked on concurrently with the DLC. Development was probably continued on afterwards, but I would imagine a fair chunk was done at that time. Much like how, supposedly, Sun/Moon and Stars were being made in tandem, with the team doubling down on S/M to get them out for their launch, and then going back to finish up Stars.

That's my guess for how the port went.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo is sitting on it, intending to use it to keep the steady stream of content coming rather than releasing it as soon as they can. And in that situation, Sakurai may very well be done with the port, and on to his next project.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Man I feel like an idiot now. I want to apologize to the posters I was arguing with a few pages back. I didn't really understand what they meant at first.

Anyways, I'm hoping Nintendo doesn't lose sight of the plot and remembers to put in more obscure characters. Third parties are all well and good but they have to remember they have a mighty backlog of franchises with cult fanbases to appeal to as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Man I feel like an idiot now. I want to apologize to the posters I was arguing with a few pages back. I didn't really understand what they meant at first.

Anyways, I'm hoping Nintendo doesn't lose sight of the plot and remembers to put in more obscure characters. Third parties are all well and good but they have to remember they have a mighty backlog of franchises with cult fanbases to appeal to as well.
Obscure character have never really got much attention if they weren't also retro. "Retro" seemingly only extending to NES and earlier. Even though now we're getting to the point that the Gamecube and GBA are starting to be seen as retro, which makes me feel about 106.

In any case I agree, I think some of Nintendo's most interesting characters come from less well-known series, but if we do get a port where the additions are few, I'm not expecting them to sacrifice slots over obscurity.

PsychoJosh

Obscure character have never really got much attention if they weren't also retro. "Retro" seemingly only extending to NES and earlier. Even though now we're getting to the point that the Gamecube and GBA are starting to be seen as retro, which makes me feel about 106.

In any case I agree, I think some of Nintendo's most interesting characters come from less well-known series, but if we do get a port where the additions are few, I'm not expecting them to sacrifice slots over obscurity.
It's mainly SNES-era characters that I want.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It's mainly SNES-era characters that I want.
We got most of the iconic SNES era characters. SNES era would be 1990 to 1996.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda:
:4samus::4ness::4marth::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4charizard:
:4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::4littlemac::4falcon::4pacman::snake::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic:

Hmm... there are still plenty of noteworthy SNES era characters left to add in Smash.

Toad
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ganon
Ridley
Slippy Toad
Meowth
Alm
Celica
Sigurd
Lip
Muddy

Bomberman
Arthur
Simon Belmont
Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Akira
Heihachi
Crono
Rayman

PsychoJosh

We got most of the iconic SNES era characters. SNES era would be 1990 to 1996.

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4drmario::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda:
:4samus::4ness::4marth::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::wolf::4pikachu::4charizard:
:4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::squirtle::ivysaur::4littlemac::4falcon::4pacman::snake::4ryu::4megaman::4sonic:

Hmm... there are still plenty of noteworthy SNES era characters left to add in Smash.

Toad
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Ganon
Ridley
Slippy Toad
Meowth
Alm
Celica
Sigurd
Lip
Muddy

Bomberman
Arthur
Simon Belmont
Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Akira
Heihachi
Crono
Rayman
Apart from Lip, none of those are the SNES characters I was thinking of. Many of them weren't even on SNES at all. Also I have no idea who Alm, Celiac or Sigurd are. If they're more fire emblem cancer, no thanks.

When I think SNES I think Sparkster, Earthworm Jim, Lip and Goemon. All of them would be great for this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Apart from Lip, none of those are the SNES characters I was thinking of. Many of them weren't even on SNES at all.

When I think SNES I think Sparkster, Earthworm Jim, Lip and Goemon. All of them would be great for this game.
Arcadenik meant characters from that era, not just the SNES specifically, hence why characters like Akira, Heihachi, and Rayman are on the list despite never appearing in any SNES game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So about the incoming Direct...does anyone else think we're probably not getting any big Smash-related news here? If the focus is on ARMS and Splatoon 2, that seems to say this one's going to be about short term releases.

Yet at the same time, they could have something to lose from saving a Smash announcement all the way until E3, giving them a short time to build hype until the rumored fall release.

What's going on here? Is the release date later than suspected? Are they setting up a Smash Direct? Or, Arceus forbid, this really does end up having minimal new content and we're left sitting on our hands for the next 6 years until a fully new Smash game is made. Because with how Sakurai has been talking, I doubt he'd be up for jumping right into a brand new Smash game right away the way people have been assuming.

Or if you'll entertain me for a second...what about a couple crazier ideas? What if the base version doesn't have much new because they're planning another round of DLC? Or, what if they want to make this go full platform, with a new character+additional content added every 4 months or so?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Apart from Lip, none of those are the SNES characters I was thinking of. Many of them weren't even on SNES at all. Also I have no idea who Alm, Celiac or Sigurd are. If they're more fire emblem cancer, no thanks.

Alm and Celica are the two main protagonists of Fire Emblem Gaiden and its upcoming remake, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. Sigurd is one of the two main lords of Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War (Japan only).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, if the next Smash game is like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, then I hope that it has all the stages from both Wii U and 3DS games... and all the DLC stuff are already included... and it has both Smash Tour (ugh... but I said "both versions" so it must include that mode) and Smash Run (I love this mode!). That's the bare minimum for me.

And to sweeten the deal, it brings back :snake::wolf::popo::ivysaur::squirtle::pichumelee::younglinkmelee: and adds Inkling as a newcomer... and brings back some more stages from 64, Melee, and Brawl and adds a Splatoon stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I feel you're going to be waiting a long time until we see third-party additions like those...

So about the incoming Direct...does anyone else think we're probably not getting any big Smash-related news here? If the focus is on ARMS and Splatoon 2, that seems to say this one's going to be about short term releases.
Yeah, I think expecting any Smash stuff during the Direct is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Maybe if it had already been announced, but at this point it very much seems like E3 material.

Yet at the same time, they could have something to lose from saving a Smash announcement all the way until E3, giving them a short time to build hype until the rumored fall release.
I'd agree if this were a new Smash game, but in all likelihood it's just going to be a port with a scant amount of new content, so the few months interim between E3 and release would be fine for covering the new stuff that's to be included.

What's going on here? Is the release date later than suspected? Are they setting up a Smash Direct? Or, Arceus forbid, this really does end up having minimal new content and we're left sitting on our hands for the next 6 years until a fully new Smash game is made. Because with how Sakurai has been talking, I doubt he'd be up for jumping right into a brand new Smash game right away the way people have been assuming.
It's probably the latter. I don't know if we'll have to wait six years... but the long stretch until the next full Smash is probably part of the reason this port even exists.

And I could see the release getting pushed into the first half of next year if Nintendo doesn't have enough content to pad out early 2018. Because I do think development on this port, if not done already, is nearing its close. Otherwise I'd still expect it for this year.

Or if you'll entertain me for a second...what about a couple crazier ideas? What if the base version doesn't have much new because they're planning another round of DLC? Or, what if they want to make this go full platform, with a new character+additional content added every 4 months or so?
Well the Wii U is for all intensive purposes done, so unless they'd be able to bring the content to the Switch as well, I really doubt it. Even as it is now, I'm guessing they're pretty much finished providing content for the original two versions. At this point there's much more profit to be had bringing Smash 4 to the Switch, even factoring in the cost of porting.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well the Wii U is for all intensive purposes done, so unless they'd be able to bring the content to the Switch as well, I really doubt it. Even as it is now, I'm guessing they're pretty much finished providing content for the original two versions. At this point there's much more profit to be had bringing Smash 4 to the Switch, even factoring in the cost of porting.
Well, that was what I meant with that. A scenario where the rumored "Smash 4.5" has minimal new stuff in the base version because either they have further DLC or Splatoon-style rolling updates planned. I think our collective jaws would hit the floor if the latter happened.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
yh, i'd expect more than 7 for a new smash game.
Even for a port tho, more than what we got for DLC doesn't sound too unlikely.

what are the chances of a second ballot? :p
Tho imagine the crazyness if they gave actual possible options(including veterans) of say like 50 characters to vote for and then said:
  • "the top 3 will be made playable, with the 5th and 10th also made playable"
That would be a grand masterplan from Nintendo to drive speculation and smash talk into insane levels over 9000.
Perhaps even keep live updates on who is where at random spots. Imagine every day they reveal who is in 1 random place except the top 1o . (apart from the last 3 days where they show the 4th, 6th and 9th positions)
  • "those that place 4th, 6th and 9thth at the end of the ballot will get an item from thier series added in"

Nintendo pls hire me as your ultimate evil mastermind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

An idea I had since a long time, how about having supportive characters in an Adventure Mode?

They can be characters you have to help in specific missions, like saving them from a bunch of enemies, and in exchange they reward you with a new CD or a new custom move or giving you hints to reach a new path for example.
They could also be characters you have to find in some hidden areas and you bargain with them by spending your Gold to purchase exclusive content, like trophies you cannot collect in Trophy Shop.

This should be a role given to characters who have not enough potential or constraints to be playable or even an AT, but which would still allow them to have a proper appearance in game instead of just being trophies only.

Here's a first list of such characters per series:

:4mario: - Toad
:4dk: - Funky Kong
:4tlink: - Beedle
:4samus: - Dachora and Etecoons
:4yoshi: - Poochy
:4fox: - Slippy
:4pikachu: - Audino
:4robinm: - Anna
:4olimar: - Louie
:4villager: - Isabelle
:4littlemac: - Doc Louis
:4shulk: - Tatsu

:4sonic: - Tails
:4megaman: - Roll
:4bayonetta: - Loki

Don't hesitate to suggest your ideas of supportive characters for series which I have no idea for: :4kirby::4ness::4falcon::4pit::4wario::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud:

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
An idea I had since a long, how about having supportive characters in an Adventure Mode?

They can be characters you have to help in specific missions, like saving them from a bunch of enemies, and in exchange they reward you with a new CD or a new custom move or giving you hints to reach a new path for example.
They could also be characters you have to find in some hidden areas and you bargain with them by spending your Gold to purchase exclusive content, like trophies you cannot collect in Trophy Shop.

This should be a role given to characters who have not enough potential or constraints to be playable or even an AT, but which would still allow them to have a proper appearance in game instead of just being trophies only.

:4mario: - Toad
:4dk: - Squawks
:4tlink: - Aryll
:4samus: - Dachora and Etecoons
:4yoshi: - Poochy
:4fox: - Slippy
:4pikachu: - Audino
:4robinm: - Anna
:4olimar: - Louie
:4villager: - Isabelle
:4littlemac: - Doc Louis
:4shulk: - Tatsu

:4sonic: - Tails
:4megaman: - Roll
:4bayonetta: - Loki

Don't hesitate to suggest your ideas of supportive characters for series which I have no idea for: :4kirby::4ness::4falcon::4pit::4wario::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud:
Mona and Ms. Pac-Man would fit I suppose
Also fixed some of the others

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
An idea I had since a long, how about having supportive characters in an Adventure Mode?

I like your idea, very much.
(unless playable)
:4pit:Magnus and Phosphora are taken...so.. err.. well I suppose they could do this too but if not then... Dyntos
:4wario:Captain Syrup
:4kirby: Magolor

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, that was what I meant with that. A scenario where the rumored "Smash 4.5" has minimal new stuff in the base version because either they have further DLC or Splatoon-style rolling updates planned. I think our collective jaws would hit the floor if the latter happened.
They probably would; it seems so unlikely for a reason...

Because in all likelihood this is just a port... and the attention paid to it will be equal to that of a port, which is to say, not equal to or in excess of if it were a completely new title. But it's fun to dream...

Tho imagine the crazyness if they gave actual possible options(including veterans) of say like 50 characters to vote for and then said:
That would be a grand masterplan from Nintendo to drive speculation and smash talk into insane levels over 9000.
Perhaps even keep live updates on who is where at random spots. Imagine every day they reveal who is in 1 random place except the top 1o . (apart from the last 3 days where they show the 4th, 6th and 9th positions)
  • "those that place 4th, 6th and 9thth at the end of the ballot will get an item from thier series added in"

Why would they make another ballot when they still have perfectly usable results from the last?

Also in that paradigm they'd presumably either have to keep it all Nintendo or work out the legalities of every potential third-party on that list before committing to their inclusion on the ballot. Which pretty much guarantees it'd just be Nintendo.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Honestly, if the next Smash game is like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, then I hope that it has all the stages from both Wii U and 3DS games... and all the DLC stuff are already included... and it has both Smash Tour (ugh... but I said "both versions" so it must include that mode) and Smash Run (I love this mode!). That's the bare minimum for me.

And to sweeten the deal, it brings back :snake::wolf::popo::ivysaur::squirtle::pichumelee::younglinkmelee: and adds Inkling as a newcomer... and brings back some more stages from 64, Melee, and Brawl and adds a Splatoon stage.
mmm, nice waste of slots! :p

actually I prefer all new characters. Well, I know Ice Climber's coming back is unavoidable unfortunately...

surely it's evil! :O
no no no, too much evil, it would be almost unbearable haha
imagine the ranked 4th... or the 9th, the number 11... please no!

very mindbreaking idea, though

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
mmm, nice waste of slots! :p

actually I prefer all new characters. Well, I know Ice Climber's coming back is unavoidable unfortunately...
There's no such thing as "slots". It's not like Sakurai said, "okay, for this game we should have only 45 characters so we need to pick which characters to fill these slots".

We have these numbers because that's how many characters Sakurai and his team managed to finish before the deadline. :p

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They probably would; it seems so unlikely for a reason...

Because in all likelihood this is just a port... and the attention paid to it will be equal to that of a port, which is to say, not equal to or in excess of if it were a completely new title. But it's fun to dream...

Why would they make another ballot when they still have perfectly usable results from the last?

Also in that paradigm they'd presumably either have to keep it all Nintendo or work out the legalities of every potential third-party on that list before committing to their inclusion on the ballot. Which pretty much guarantees it'd just be Nintendo.
More for a new smash rather than port or for new dlc chosen by fans like bayo.
The current one could be used for newcomers anyway and any DLC's like Ryu that were chosen by developers.

PsychoJosh

There's no such thing as "slots". It's not like Sakurai said, "okay, for this game we should have only 45 characters so we need to pick which characters to fill these slots".

We have these numbers because that's how many characters Sakurai and his team managed to finish before the deadline. :p
I think this is a bit of a misconception.

"Slots" don't exist in the sense that Sakurai picks an arbitrary number of characters that he needs to put in. I think people who talk about "slots" are looking at it from the end result of development rather than the beginning.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I think this is a bit of a misconception.

"Slots" don't exist in the sense that Sakurai picks an arbitrary number of characters that he needs to put in. I think people who talk about "slots" are looking at it from the end result of development rather than the beginning.
Well that depends. Yeah, slots don't technically exist but Sakurai probably does plan ahead. I mean he doesn't just have a list of characters he goes down and just develops throughout the development cycle, obviously. More likely he'll say 'How many characters can we reasonably do in the time given?' say he comes up with a number like 9, at that point he may have a list of characters he thinks would be good in terms of gameplay at which point he would pick the 9 that are either most unique or the easiest to develop in a short timeframe to maximize output. So in that sense 'slots' exist.

However, you put that in with unforeseen development hurdles and maybe even some ease of development and that number could greatly fluctuate. In that way 'slots' don't exist.

I do agree that Sakurai probably doesn't look at a series and go 'oh that series needs another character' or something along those lines. I notice people complain that Clones take up 'slots' which doesn't really make any sense since those characters are traditionally done during gaps in development or, in some cases, even the developers' free time. While new and fully developed characters WOULD take up a hypothetical 'slot'. So in short clones don't take up a slot. Unique characters probably, technically do.

I do. I can see the reveal happening at E3 2017 at the earliest, although I'm not personally expecting it.

DMan64

Smash Cadet
If there will be a port for Smash 4, I see them adding stages from the 3DS, bringing over Smash Run, and perhaps add an actual stage hazard toggle. Aside from that they may add new characters and balance the game around them and shortly after the game releases.

In terms of characters I see them adding, they could bring back Wolf and Ice Climbers due to popularity.
Newcomers I see and why include:

Inkling -- Unique move set revolving around zoning, the squid transformation, and a mechanic similar to Robin's durability where if ink runs out, attacks will be less powerful, though unlike Robin you must manually charge your ink. It would make sense to include Inkling since Splatoon is a major new IP.

Spring-Man/Ribbon-Girl -- Similar to Corrin, a character from Arms can be included to promote the game. In terms of move set they could be long range brawlers, who could also utilize equipment found in the game.

New FE Rep -- As unlikely as this one is(and mind you, I love FE but even I don't want another character, at least for a while), it's not out of the realm of possibility given how much more popular FE has been getting as of late. As for who they could use, it would have to be someone that keeps with the idea of Robin and Corrin and they'd have to be unique in some way. Lyn could make a playable appear based on her promoted class utilizing quick strikes combined with archery. Or perhaps they could add an original character from Heroes (Alfonse, Sharena) and have the first representative of mobile.

I'm not saying they will make it in, this is just who I are likely to appear.

There are other characters I see as well, like Elma from Xenoblade X, but if I listed them all, this post would be longer than it already is.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
There are other characters I see as well, like Elma from Xenoblade X, but if I listed them all, this post would be longer than it already is.
That's (partially) what spoiler tags are for (just type [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ] without the spaces), so go nuts in terms of listing characters! Who knows? You might raise interest in some of them, or at least get people to look into who they are.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still don't see any playable representation for a Nintendo mobile game.

Trophies? Sure. Stages? As interesting as Pokémon GO is, I don't see it as likely. Characters? Would you want people requesting Angry Birds and the Candy Crush girl.

PsychoJosh

Regardless of whether slots exist or not, I'm sick of all the Fire Emblem characters and would much rather see other characters in their place, even if it means there are fewer characters overall. I have zero interest in Fire Emblem and don't see why people who aren't interested in the series have to put up with six characters from it. Like Fire Emblem is as important as Mario or Pokemon. It absolutely is not. It makes sense to me why those franchises have as many reps as they do, but I can't see why FE has just as many.

I really hope FE is greatly culled in the next game.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Miitomo stage would be swell though.
So how would it look, just one large room of the Tomodachi Hotels?

People request DBZ Goku, Spongebob and Shrek.
Angry Birds and Candy Crush girl are at least characters from a video game.

Well, you aren't wrong. And people still request celebrity fodder like Britanny Spears.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Regardless of whether slots exist or not, I'm sick of all the Fire Emblem characters and would much rather see other characters in their place, even if it means there are fewer characters overall. I have zero interest in Fire Emblem and don't see why people who aren't interested in the series have to put up with six characters from it. Like Fire Emblem is as important as the Mario series or something. It absolutely is not..

I really hope they are greatly culled in the next game.
Honestly, I have to agree with you here; I feel like they went a bit too far with Fire Emblem in Smash 4 (Robin was the one character I was alright with being added from the series). When Corrin got revealed back on December 2015, it clearly set off a trigger of frustration for many which did include me (and yes, I know Corrin has a unique moveset and was added in because of advertising, but they could of just waited until Smash 5 or even the port if a bunch of characters are planned on being added as its pretty clear Female Corrin won't be losing popularity anytime soon). Either way, its time for other characters to get their chance. And like you, I am not really a huge fan of Fire Emblem in general, so I hope the series gets a break for the foreseeable future in regards to Smash.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I want the baboon from Temple Run in Smash. :troll:

Still a better mobile rep than those irrelevant birds.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Honestly, I can't say I'm behind the whole "let's cut X series's characters because there's too many" philosophy, I dislike Fire Emblem's over representation more than anyone else, but I think it'd be for the best if they just kept all the characters we currently have as long as they don't add anything new and add more to other franchises instead. Cleaning up the roster's appearance isn't worth ruining every (insert cut character here) mains fun, while keeping the characters harms nobody.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I still don't see any playable representation for a Nintendo mobile game.

Trophies? Sure. Stages? As interesting as Pokémon GO is, I don't see it as likely. Characters? Would you want people requesting Angry Birds and the Candy Crush girl.
Miitomo stage based on those drop stages would be nice.

Speaking of mobile games, I hope StreetPass Mii Plaza games, especially Find Mii, would be ported to mobile. It makes too much sense for me.

On a related note, Wandering Heroes for Smash! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom