• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Don't think anything is coming at Big House.

No reveal, no announcement of an announcement, nothing.

EVO is an exception. EVO is the biggest ****ing smash tournament around.

BH is "hurr durr third biggest!" Yeah well that means ****. We've seen no real meaningful Nintendo representation there other than an Ultimate demo(?) and some obligatory nintendo retweets about the tournament to show they support the scene.

Sorry if I sound overly hostile but I am pretty sure nothing is happening tomorrow at Big House and we'll get something in a couple weeks, or maybe something this week outside of Big House.

I'll GLADLY eat my words tomorrow if this is not the case but I am not expecting it and neither should anyone else.
We haven't seen any meaningful Nintendo representation until very recent years with tournaments.
They are working on building up their relationship with the competitive community now more than ever.

The Ultimate demo, the retweets, none of that was obligatory; they'd have to be investing in this tournament to do that in some form.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Don't think anything is coming at Big House.

No reveal, no announcement of an announcement, nothing.

EVO is an exception. EVO is the biggest ****ing smash tournament around.

BH is "hurr durr third biggest!" Yeah well that means ****. We've seen no real meaningful Nintendo representation there other than an Ultimate demo(?) and some obligatory nintendo retweets about the tournament to show they support the scene.

Sorry if I sound overly hostile but I am pretty sure nothing is happening tomorrow at Big House and we'll get something in a couple weeks, or maybe something this week outside of Big House.

I'll GLADLY eat my words tomorrow if this is not the case but I am not expecting it and neither should anyone else.
I just watched meet the scout because you posted it.
Bravo. "And brotha, I hurt people!" We will just have to see what happens tomorrow.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Pre-order. It just makes sense from a marketing perspective to have the finished product put on display when the time comes.
Okay, that makes sense. I thought they would give you a download code for it that would activate in a month.
I just watched meet the scout because you posted it.
Bravo. "And brotha, I hurt people!" We will just have to see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty much my motto:

Except nothing, be pleasantly surprised when something nice happens.

If nothing happens tomorrow? Okay, I wasn't expecting it anyway.

If something does? Sweet.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
How I feel when all the pieces are in place for some sort of announcement. Yet there is doubt and uncertainty:

Last edited:

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
While I don't expect anything by the end of Big House...

Just remember how many naysayers there were to Nintendo ever even announcing something at EVO. It was unheard of... until they just did it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Just remember how many naysayers there were to Nintendo ever even announcing something at E3. It was unheard of... until they just did it.
Do you mean EVO? Because I'd wager most everyone expected stuff at E3.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord

Just remember how many naysayers there were to Nintendo ever even announcing something at E3. It was unheard of... until they just did it.
I... kinda feel like you're comparing apples to oranges here

aarchak

Smash Ace
Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Yeah that is true. However, I think EVO is different than The Big House.

Let’s face it, with the limited amount of time left until release, EVO always had the biggest Smash tournaments of the year. Smash 4 at EVO was even live-streamed on DisneyXD. Big House doesn’t really have that.

I would love to be wrong though, I think we need an announcement of some kind for new information.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I wouldn't let him in my house unless my boi was with him. Theory debunked!!!
Given his historical behavior he is not taking your compliance as a factor, that man is invading your home and possibly possessing your body

Narr

AN ORB OF MANY TALENTS
NNID
LordChrom
3DS FC
1289-8310-9030
Switch FC
SW 8256 5756 1598
Of course it'd make sense, but at the same time, it's taken them 20 years to even acknowledge EVO, the biggest fighting game tournament of all time.
they've got ultimate setups there and are tweeting about it, they've definitely acknowledged it...

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Oh no guys Mario possessed me Im shaking and crying
Omg hes taking over my thoughts help

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
:ultmario:it's a me mario. i have taken over roze's body. if you ever want to see him again donate me 9999 coins because that is all i can carry.:ultmario:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
That's a very easy stage to fake due to it simplicity, and Steve is notoriously easy to fake with a simple design.

Interesting find Graizen Graizen !

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...

-Notes that reveal timelines have been coming up a fair bit of late-

In the interest of adding a bit of perspective to this brand of speculation, allow me to provide a visual aid.

Of course, the Ultimate timeline in this one is set up based on website launches, so it leaves out the period of time between Ultimate's Teaser and E3. That said, I went ahead and put together a rough graph of Ultimate's timeline for that scenario.

There are certainly reasons to believe this cycle will not follow the patterns set by it's predecessors, but it could still be interesting to consider where we stand if it does.

Last edited:

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...

In the interest of adding a bit of perspective to this brand of speculation, allow me to provide a visual aid.

Of course, the Ultimate timeline in this one is set up based on website launches, so it leaves out the period of time between Ultimate's Teaser and E3. That said, I went ahead and put together a rough graph of Ultimate's timeline for that scenario.

There are certainly reasons to believe this cycle will not follow the patterns set by it's predecessors, but it could still be interesting to consider where we stand if it does.
Absolutely loving this graph. wicked infographic.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hmm...

...What sort of patterns are we talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom