• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Whoa now. As a Jack Frost supporter, friend you are crazy. The little dude's in like every Persona & SMT game. The perfect rep. He even has his own game!
I'm sorry, but he's like a chocobo or a slime

and besides, he couldn't call everyone a ho so what's the point of him

D

Deleted member

Cloud was certainly a popular and iconic enough character to be in Smash, and I think he fits well. That being said, you can't know who won the ballot from the DLC characters chosen. We don't know anything, other than King K Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus were supposedly high on it, as claimed by Sakurai, as well as inferring from Mii costumes. And there's evidence to suggest Bayonetta was chosen before the ballot finished--since she was the final DLC character, the same could be said of Cloud. As for the evidence we do have, the fan polls, Cloud was popular-ish, depending on how you analyze the polls (for me, I'd say he was popular).
You....completely misread what I said.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Luckily, if Jack Frost did get in as DLC, he has an unbeatable marketing strategy:

Jack Frost Buy It.jpg

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My guess is that that there's going to be a Mini Smash Direct next Wednesday/Thursday. No more than 10 or so minutes. It'll share some details/info on a few more modes, tease Spirits, and they'll end with not only a new character, but the date for last big Smash Direct next month.
I partly agree with this.

I think we'll get Incineroar and an Echo that is not Ken.

We'll see a bit more of Classic Mode and some other modes from back in the day, maybe even Break the Targets.

Then, they'll tease Spirits.

I don't think they'll announce the next Smash Direct though.

From here on out, I can see us getting 2 newcomers and 2 echoes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
While Mario got a clone and that Link has 2 clones, I am baffled that Marth has 3 clones/semiclones. Even more baffling is that Marth's clone, Roy, got a echo for him which is Chrom. 4/7 of all FE are Marth Clones!

With so many Marth echoes/semiclones, why not add them all into one Marth slot instead?
View attachment 168039
Now these anime swordmen copycats will now have a reason to be here! Maybe we can call this slot, the "Fire Emblem" slot! :p
Marth is too pretty to share with more than one person other than multiple Lucinas

D

Deleted member

Could you imagine Ocarina of Time having those weird CGI cutscenes on the level of FFVII?
I NOW WANT THIS, FFF.
Alright, aside from some bangers like OOT, the Mario Parties, classics that y'all can list off, the N64 Era was also kinda trash man lmao

Like, where's the RPGs? Aside from Paper Mario, there literally is none, they all went to the PS1 like OOF.

Shroob

Sup?
Really, if next week's reveal ISN'T a Smash Direct and is just a Robin/Lucina reveal, I fully expect Keniroar to be shown off together.

The only question then though is, who's left?

Like, I want to say 1-2 more, but those names need to be ****ing BIG to carry the Final Smash Direct on their own if they have yet to have gotten leaked.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
yeah, but so does Chocobo, and I don't see many people clamoring for that feathery fiend.
I'm sorry, but he's like a chocobo or a slime

and besides, he couldn't call everyone a ho so what's the point of him
I counter the Chocobo point by saying Jack Frost can talk, but admit that there may be a problem with him saying "Ho". And him not saying "Hee-Ho" would be like Daisy not saying "Hi I'm Daisy"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You....completely misread what I said.
If I misread what you were saying, I'm still not seeing it. You said "The ballot says..." and I'm saying we don't know anything about the ballot, directly, and that if Cloud was a character, it was likely not based on the ballot. You did say regardless of how he got in, but that seems to contradict the assertion that the Ballot explains... anything directly. I could be missing something, though.

Chrono.

I NOW WANT THIS, FFF.
Alright, aside from some bangers like OOT, the Mario Parties, classics that y'all can list off, the N64 Era was also kinda trash man lmao

Like, where's the RPGs? Aside from Paper Mario, there literally is none, they all went to the PS1 like OOF.
Based Quest 64 thoooo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Like, I want to say 1-2 more, but those names need to be ****ing BIG to carry the Final Smash Direct on their own if they have yet to have gotten leaked.
Shulk is cool and all, but is he really that ****ing BIG to carry off Smash 4, or is this just some arbitrary requirement?

Potato_

Smash Lord
Really, if next week's reveal ISN'T a Smash Direct and is just a Robin/Lucina reveal, I fully expect Keniroar to be shown off together.

The only question then though is, who's left?

something something Square Enix rep something something Sephiroth something something Sora

Also DLC could be shown off too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I could not imagine Black Knight being a boss.
You know unless say... he was made giant via magic....huh...almost like....
KAMEK REVEALED TO BE SPIRITS MASTERMIND!
New Conspiracy Theory: Ridley was never sized down. Instead, everyone and everything else was just sized up by Kamek to match Ridley's size.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I NOW WANT THIS, FFF.

Honestly I don't think if they did do the Nintendo Playstation route in an alternate universe, the Wii wouldn't have made gaming as casual as it did alongside the DS, which was just a piece of the puzzle. Then again, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro would've been a ****ing Nintendo IP and been in Smash as long-time veterans and then Banjo still isn't in because Microsoft.

Shroob

Sup?
Shulk is cool and all, but is he really that ****ing BIG to carry off Smash 4, or is this just some arbitrary requirement?
I'm talking more in the case that, these theoretical 1-2 haven't been leaked, at all.

Between Gematsu and Ninka/rose, we knew Shulk, Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt were in.

And then my mind trails off to "What if Vergeben is right, and they show the SE character."

osby

Smash Obsessed
By the way, you guys know ballot is not the only way characters can be requested, right? Sakurai pointed out that Shulk and Little Mac were wanted characters without ballot. And it's not hard to imagine he received such requests for Cloud a lot.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
And should it not be Incineroar, Ken or both its gonna definitely open a new can of worms in terms of predictions.
If it actually ends up being either in a single trailer and not a direct, then it still is a big deal because that means we'd be getting more than them come an actual direct.

Basically, as long as it's not a Final Smash direct with only Ken and Incineroar (specifically this), then we should have more than those 2 characters to look forward to in base.

I always figured Geno and Banjo would be revealed last if they were in. Not only that but they're guaranteed huge reactions, especially Banjo considering they're the last characters who have been part of the heavily requested characters group with King K Rool and Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Depends on how you view it. Personally, I have preferential treatment towards Nintendo icons to gaming icons in general. So I agree, though I'm also not surprised Cloud came before Banjo. I do believe given Nintendo also ****ed up their relationship with Rare, that Banjo's a huge missed opportunity (which will hopefully soon be rectified).
Right, like here's the thing, I don't mean to discredit Banjo at all, he definitely worked to get his cred back in the day, with all the platformer rage. You'd have practically 50 up the ass each year, and Banjo definitely stood out of the bunch.

I think we all just wanna see Banjo back to try and get some sort of revival of the franchise or see where things can head for the IP. Castlevania got a HUGE reinvigorating boost in the arm after the Simon and Richter reveal, so I just really want Banjo to see the franchise see another day. It's for sure sad to see what Microsoft has done with the franchise, but I'm not surprised because this entire generation they've been absolutely dumb.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If it actually ends up being either in a single trailer and not a direct, then it still is a big deal because that means we'd be getting more than them come an actual direct.

Basically, as long as it's not a Final Smash direct with only Ken and Incineroar (specifically this), then we should have more than those 2 characters to look forward to in base.
Huh never thought about that. That's actually a good point there.

Shroob

Sup?

Still, even IF we get Keniroar together, I'd only bank on 1-2 left, with, IMO, the SE rep, Banjo and Steve being the potential candidates for the final Direct.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I always figured Geno and Banjo would be revealed last if they were in. Not only that but they're guaranteed huge reactions, especially Banjo considering they're the last characters who have been part of the heavily requested characters group with King K Rool and Ridley.
I can imagine that in the final Smash Direct Banjo would be the first to be shown followed by a few echos then Sakurai says his usual "Before we go we got another surprise" revealing Geno as the last one.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You think Kamek would help my boi like that? I think everyone BUT Yoshi got sized up by Kamek and he found another way to get bigger...
I think its moreso that he's helping his pal Ridley out so that he can get involved in the fighting, one evil flying reptile to another.

But sure, maybe Yoshi has a secret stash of mega mushrooms hidden away somewhere.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kamek would honestly be a great addition to the roster even if its unlikely. Yoshi could use another rep and Kamek easily fits that bill.

Another thing people seem to be overlooking is that if we get another Smash Direct that basically guarantees us two unique reveals. One at the beginning and one at the end of the direct. At the very least we know we never get only one reveal in these events. Could that reveal be dlc? Sure. But if I feel if they wanted to announce dlc they would do it at the Game Awards anyway.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys what are the chances that Shadow maybe the next reveal or at least among them supposedly next week if its on the 10th or 11th? It kinda fits.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

After all that would be the 10th anniversary since Sonic was revealed in Brawl.

Eh maybe I'm overthinking it too much it could be as big of a stretch as the chair theory or simply just a coincidence...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The n64 barely had any rpg's. Paper Mario is one of the few good ones. Ogre Battle 64 is probably the only one that could be remotely called "good" otherwise. Quest 64, Hybrid Heaven, Aidyn Chronicles? They were okay/mediocre, honestly. Though I can't remember if Hybrid Heaven was an actual rpg, it's just the last one to stick out in my mind. But the other ones are actual rpg's.

There's no question the n64 was starting for rpg's. As much as I love Quest 64, it definitely wasn't helping the n64 feel like it was getting better in that genre(though it is great for getting people into the idea of how rpg's work, but that's a different point altogether). The fact it was intended to be the "answer to FFVII" is pretty sad too. The only thing it even had was... actually far better polygon models. Like, they definitely look cleaner/more detailed than FFVII's non-cutscene versions. But that's really the only point it has over it, and considering FFVII was one of the first PS1 games, it's understandable why the polygons were really poor. I'm just disappointed it took them this long to finally remake it. Even a re-release with cleaner models would've been nice as a port alone. Hearing X and X-2 get a remake before VII blew my mind. But that's what it is. Thankfully it's getting a real remake(though I'm disappointed in them trying to change the entire battle system, which completely ruins the point of remaking a game with highly outdated graphics, the only reason FFVII even warranted a remake in the first place. It was super easy to grab via the PlayStation Store for pretty cheap too, so trying to play it was no issue).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Another thing people seem to be overlooking is that if we get another Smash Direct that basically guarantees us two unique reveals. One at the beginning and one at the end of the direct. At the very least we know we never get only one reveal in these events. Could that reveal be dlc? Sure. But if I feel if they wanted to announce dlc they would do it at the Game Awards anyway.
I mean, the first Smash Direct showed mostly veterans and only Greninja as a newcomer and the 50 fact extravaganza showed Bowser Jr. who was common knowledge as the 3DS version was out for a while and Mewtwo

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I NOW WANT THIS, FFF.

Saying the N64 era was trash on a Smash Bros. forum?
socontroversialyetsobrave.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom