• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
This is what I personally believe as well.

Everything checks out for them to be the actual son (I'm avoiding naming their real name because I think that's a violation of privacy), but there's just no real way to know if it was a misinterpretation, miscommunication, joke, etc;
They've now deleted the posts from the page.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Wait, What if they have Super Metroid scaled-down Ridley but they also bring back the smash 4 stage that has Other M big Ridley?

TIME PARADOX

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I mean the guy hardly said anything anyways. I suppose if a Nintendo Exec comes up fired (or assassinated by Sakurai's ninjas that I remember hearing about ~4 years ago), then maybe he wasn't lying. But I'm buried in grains of salt rn.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Wait, What if they have Super Metroid scaled-down Ridley but they also bring back the smash 4 stage that has Other M big Ridley?

TIME PARADOX
I think if we are going to get any Ridley playable it would probably be a Super Metroid version of Proteus Ridley from Samus Returns. He is easily the most scalable version of Ridley so far, not being as lanky and starved looking. But, it would be pretty hilarious to have him playable and then fight Other M Ridley on Pyrosphere.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think if we are going to get any Ridley playable it would probably be a Super Metroid version of Proteus Ridley from Samus Returns. He is easily the most scalable version of Ridley so far, not being as lanky and starved looking. But, it would be pretty hilarious to have him playable and then fight Other M Ridley on Pyrosphere.
"NO, I'M THE REAL RIDLEY!"

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Unrelated but what swear word has that many letters in it
I think I know but I aint getting banned
Yeah, that seems pretty plausable.

D

Deleted member

I will be fine with Ridley in Smash Brothers as long as Metroid Prime 4 makes him at least a little smaller and finds a way to make his tail smaller. I have seen modders do it, but I am not convinced of Ridley in Smash Brothers.

Honestly, I am sad that no one is talking about Bandanna Dee in Smash in Switch. Badanna Dee has a ton of move-set potential and his fans are vocal enough for Sakurai to think about adding him. Badanna Dee is going to be the only spear fighter in the game, so I am glad with adding him. He offers uniqueness and a great move-set potential. Guys, it is time!
#BadannaDee for Smash in Switch
idk what this question has to do with what you quoted, but it just so happens that my favorite characters are sword users.
Well someone said that same exact thing about my mains in some other thread.... except I main only top tiers. :chuckle:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
The fact that said person who said their dad asked OP to remove all the details regarding his dad from the post kind of tells me he was legit...
Could just tell the actual person that someone is claiming to be them on Reddit. Would give you a definitive answer.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I will be fine with Ridley in Smash Brothers as long as Metroid Prime 4 makes him at least a little smaller and finds a way to make his tail smaller. I have seen modders do it, but I am not convinced of Ridley in Smash Brothers.

Honestly, I am sad that no one is talking about Bandanna Dee in Smash in Switch. Badanna Dee has a ton of move-set potential and his fans are vocal enough for Sakurai to think about adding him. Badanna Dee is going to be the only spear fighter in the game, so I am glad with adding him. He offers uniqueness and a great move-set potential. Guys, it is time!
#BadannaDee for Smash in Switch
I could see Bandana Dee being a newcomer in this Smash. He has become more and more relevant and appeared in Kirby games and he would act as a nice rounding out of the Kirby roster without getting into clone-like territory. Heck, he could even have some sort of Waddle Doo skin, as weird as that might look.

InauspiciousPio

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CRZY#220
3DS FC
3308-4954-9081
Can someone enlighten me on Bandana Dee? I always hear of people wanting him in Smash, but what makes him a fan favorite? All I know is that he’s from Kirby.

Khao

Smash Lord
I missed the whole thing, but did someone seriously, unironically do the whole "my father works at Nintendo" thing on the Internet and actually got people's attention?

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I missed the whole thing, but did someone seriously, unironically do the whole "my father works at Nintendo" thing on the Internet and actually got people's attention?
Yeah, because someone basically stalked the user who did it and practically discovered his identity as the son of an actual Nintendo exec.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
While I don't think it would happen, it'd be pretty cool if the game had sliders and buttons in the options menu that change the game's physics. Like, it starts off with Smash 4's physics by default, but you can change em so they're more akin to Melee or Brawl. Plus, certain techniques like L-cancelling, wavedashing, etc. can be turned on and off.

Again, doubt this will be a thing but I feel this would be a good way to try and cater to all Smash fans, competitive or casual.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Apparently this dude has been right about stuff before.
Have they? Or are you referring to about their identity? I've never seen them say anything else except this one thing.

Basically, yep. They've been around on Reddit for a while and everything they've posted seems to indicate they are who they say they are (although there's no way to prove it without actually asking the real person if it's their account.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I don't think it would happen, it'd be pretty cool if the game had sliders and buttons in the options menu that change the game's physics. Like, it starts off with Smash 4's physics by default, but you can change em so they're more akin to Melee or Brawl. Plus, certain techniques like L-cancelling, wavedashing, etc. can be turned on and off.

Again, doubt this will be a thing but I feel this would be a good way to try and cater to all Smash fans, competitive or casual.
Good point, but what are you going to do with online? I guarantee you people are going to turn on L-cancelling and casuals who go on For Glory will not like that. There are casuals who go on For Glory, trust me.
"NO, I'M THE REAL RIDLEY!"

View attachment 138558
I am the real Ridley.
Yeah, because someone basically stalked the user who did it and practically discovered his identity as the son of an actual Nintendo exec.
Really? Someone should report that to a moderator! BAAH!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Can someone enlighten me on Bandana Dee? I always hear of people wanting him in Smash, but what makes him a fan favorite? All I know is that he’s from Kirby.
Bandana Dee is originally a character from the Megaton Punch minigame from Kirby Super Star.

a decade and a bit later, he's the 4th playable character in Kirby's return to Dreamland with the Spear copy ability. Since then he's made notable appearances in pretty much every Kirby game. He returns as a playable role in Kirby Star Allies with his Spear, but this time Spear isn't an ability Kirby can get himself so it's now exclusive to him.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Good point, but what are you going to do with online? I guarantee you people are going to turn on L-cancelling and casuals who go on For Glory will not like that. There are casuals who go on For Glory, trust me.

I am the real Ridley.

Really? Someone should report that to a moderator! BAAH!
The stalker was asked to delete his stuff about the exec

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
lemme enlighten you my guy
Bandana Dee goes all the way back to when he first appeared in Kirby Super Star, but only in a minigame. Since then, he’s become Dedede’s right hand man and the fourth main character of the Kirby series.Basically, he’s got a spear (nobody in Smash does, mind you), he’s adorable, and there’s nothing more I want tbh.
Also:
He’s playable in Star Allies now.

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Can I just say that I’m loving some of the ideas you guys are coming up with for Zelda?! Good work. I know it’s been said by a few different users on here but I love the idea of each Zelda character representing a different game, like maybe have Shiek go back to OoT keep Ganondorf as TP and such

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Simple: just keep the game's default physics.
Or, I guess if you REALLY want to wavedash around in For Glory, there could be some presets that you can select within For Glory. Picking "Melee" within For Glory would give you identical physics to Melee for example.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you're gonna risk your father's livelihood at least give us some details dammit. :p

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
People call it stalking, but the guy was just trying to find out whether or not that person was BSing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom