• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Saw this on Reddit. It's the updated trailer after they announce it's actually a port lmao

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
If you're gonna risk your father's livelihood at least give us some details dammit. :p
Here's how the conversation went:

Leaker, from his room: "HEY DAD! IS THE SMASH A NEW GAME OR A PORT?"
Father/exec: "NEW GAME!"
Leaker: "K."
*posts about how it's a new game*

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
What were some of the details... sorry has he deleted everything already?
It was just that they were told it was a new game.

Very important to know they also claimed their father usually doesn't tell them anything, and it slipped out this time. Meaning even if their identity is true, what they said still isn't 100% confirmed.

D

Deleted member

If that son gets his father fired, it is not going to be a very good relationship between the two. Hopefully Nintendo finds a way to prevent the father from getting fired or things from getting worse.
If you're gonna risk your father's livelihood at least give us some details dammit. :p
I agree. :p
If we got more information quickly, then this could make the thread nuts. But then again, speculation could immediately stop and the thread would change... I do not know.
Don't worry, this happened on Reddit. Stuff like this won't happen here.

.....I hope...
Trust me, really scary and bad things have happened to me right in this website.
I’m starting to rethink my stay here...
ROY2 - Copy.PNG

Not even I am safe in here.... Yet I will stay. :p

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The father knew his son couldn't keep a secret, so lied.

That means the game's a port. Son got played.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hold on, hold on, what are y'all on about? What's this about a Reddit thread?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Don't worry, this happened on Reddit. Stuff like this won't happen here.

.....I hope...
You're right, here we'd just thoroughly laugh at anyone claiming to have a familiar relationship to Nintendo and blow our chance at learning anything.

It was just that they were told it was a new game.

Very important to know they also claimed their father usually doesn't tell them anything, and it slipped out this time. Meaning even if their identity is true, what they said still isn't 100% confirmed.
I can see why. x_x

ErenJager

Smash Champion
If I say my dad works at nintendo, will someone stalk me?

Do stalkers count as friends?

If so, my dad works at nintendo.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I doubt we'll get a character from the Switch Fire Emblem unless it's another Roy situation where a character gets added as a last minute clone. I doubt a character from the Switch FE was chosen at the start of this games development. I think this will be the case for any game that comes out after or near Smash's release.

D

Deleted member

That only seemed to happen once.

Remember, Sakurai gave the date of 2012 and cited that if he hadn't played Awakening they would have missed the mark.

And yeah the lack of a trailer makes me think that the FE team isn't close to being done. I honestly think it might be delayed.
I'm giving it until E3 for FE Switch. If it's a no show for 2018 then, then I will revise my Fire Emblem prediction to Celica from Shadows of Valencia.
RUMOR BELOW

Someone on Reddit says their father works at Nintendo of America as an executive, whome tole them Smash Switch is a new game.

I know that sounds like an obvious lie or a joke, but someone looked them up based on their history and they appear to actually be the son of Flip Morse, who according to Bloomberg.com (and Flip Morse's own pages) is the Senior Vice President of Corporate Resources for Nintendo of America.

Everything this user has posted about themselves checks out to be true. Take it with a grain of salt as always, but they've at the very least seriously dedicated themselves to pretending to be Flip Morse's real son if they are lying (which I doubt based on how old this account is and how frequently it's used.)

(If this is against the rules, or considered to be invading this person's privacy too much I'll remove it. I tried my best to tell as much as I could without giving any real personal information I found of this person other than what they posted publicly in the one thread.)
Thank you for posting this on here and clarifying that this is a rumor. It is a big deal should this turn out to be true as it means the game will be a larger scale than just a port. But as it is, we will treat this as a rumor and we hope everyone keeps this in mind until it is confirmed one way or another.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
How long will this game get support tho?
Considering that, unlike the Wii U, this game is showing up early in a highly successful console's lifespan, I'd assume it'll get supported for at a bare minimum a significant amount longer than Wii U did. Wii U had support for, what, a year and a half after launch? I'd be shocked if this game wasn't at least getting balance patches for almost 3 years as long as it stays active. And let's face it, it's going to be active for a long time.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am honestly confused. Pretty much anyone with critical thinking skills knew it was not a port. So? It is not as though someone is going to get fired for leaking the something that was more or less inferred. That would make literally no sense.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I am honestly confused. Pretty much anyone with critical thinking skills knew it was not a port. So? It is not as though someone is going to get fired for leaking the something that was more or less inferred. That would make literally no sense.
NDAs are a thing, even if something is obvious. While personally I've been pretty sure it's a new game for a while, there is also still a lot of conflict in whether or not this game is a port or not.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Join #TeamCanThisLeakEvenBeCalledALeak

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Soooooo...Anybody still rooting for my guy Isaac? Cause at this point he's one of the few new characters I'm hoping makes it in. Aside from maybe a new Metroid character. Though his series is obscure, especially by Nintendo standards.

I just want to throw rocks and giant hands at dudes. Maybe some bramble and bamboo traps too while we're at it.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
NDAs are a thing, even if something is obvious. While personally I've been pretty sure it's a new game for a while, there is also still a lot of conflict in whether or not this game is a port or not.
Yeah I think the real concern for the father would be if this is in violation of their NDA, which it probably is. I'm going to guess any information that hasn't been officially announced would violate a Nintendo NDA, those things have to be more strict than your old, bitter, 3rd grade teacher.

Morbi

Scavenger
Sure, but they would have to actively pursue it and while Nintendo has had a questionable legal history, I just doubt even they would go after someone for telling their son something so utterly obvious. He could probably play it off like, "Oh, I just pointed out the redesign and lack of marketing and he got the general idea like 99% of the internet."

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
How long will this game get support tho?
As Bradli Wartooth Bradli Wartooth suggested, I'd say this game's early-lifespan release will probably mean continuous game updates and/or DLC for at least a good deal longer than Smash 4's support cycle.

Now, here's a question on the subject of this topic: do you think this game could potentially have more downloadable fighters/stages than 4? Personally, I'd say for one thing, if they decided to add Pichu back in for whatever reason, it should be the only addition you should get free of charge.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Soooooo...Anybody still rooting for my guy Isaac? Cause at this point he's one of the few new characters I'm hoping makes it in. Aside from maybe a new Metroid character. Though his series is obscure, especially by Nintendo standards.

I just want to throw rocks and giant hands at dudes. Maybe some bramble and bamboo traps too while we're at it.
Binding of Isaac for Smash! Great idea!

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
As Bradli Wartooth Bradli Wartooth suggested, I'd say this game's early-lifespan release will probably mean continuous game updates and/or DLC for at least a good deal longer than Smash 4's support cycle.

Now, here's a question on the subject of this topic: do you think this game could potentially have more downloadable fighters/stages than 4? Personally, I'd say for one thing, if they decided to add Pichu back in for whatever reason, it should be the only addition you should get free of charge.
I think we'll get more DLC content in this game for sure. Especially if the initial roster is missing anyone from Smash 4. I would think they'll at least try to DLC in veterans who don't make it alongside a couple newcomers like in Smash 4. I think this is going to be a "definitive edition" of Smash where they try to at least get every veteran in the game by the time DLC is done.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Yeah I think the real concern for the father would be if this is in violation of their NDA, which it probably is. I'm going to guess any information that hasn't been officially announced would violate a Nintendo NDA, those things have to be more strict than your old, bitter, 3rd grade teacher.
I used to intern for Disney for Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0. I leaked info (on accident) and never got in trouble. If this guy's dad is as high as the stalker claims he is, I doubt he'll be touched. Maybe privately reprimanded, but I don't think he needs to worry about his job.

That said, I haven't been here in a hot minute-- new game new hype! I'm just super happy to finally see Splatoon representation in Smash. I thought for sure it would happen in the last game.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I do, but I hope his series gets a game on Switch first though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

For ~15 years baby, can't stop now!

Oh god I've wanted Isaac in Smash since before some of these kiddos were alive. o_o

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

I played golden sun and thought it was fun. I'd love it if he was in there. Don't think he will be.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social

As much as I'd love, Isaac, I don't think he's likely. Golden Sun's prime time was back in the Brawl days, and he was even removed as an Assist Trophy in 4. :(

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
I used to intern for Disney for Disney Infinity 2.0 and 3.0. I leaked info (on accident) and never got in trouble. If this guy's dad is as high as the stalker claims he is, I doubt he'll be touched. Maybe privately reprimanded, but I don't think he needs to worry about his job.

That said, I haven't been here in a hot minute-- new game new hype! I'm just super happy to finally see Splatoon representation in Smash. I thought for sure it would happen in the last game.
Tell me why Rocket Raccoon didn't get more stuff in Infinity.

D

Deleted member

As much as I'd love, Isaac, I don't think he's likely. Golden Sun's prime time was back in the Brawl days, and he was even removed as an Assist Trophy in 4. :(
Have hope, Isaac might just return because the fans were very vocal or he can be a nice retro character. We need Isacc in Smash, this could help his own series even. I am actually a little sad that Isaac was gone as an Assist Trophy as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Because that game was painfully mediocre as a whole. Sad because I was saying for years I'd go hard on a new MvC game for PS4.

EDIT: Oh wait were you referring to Disney Infinity? I was totally thinking MvC Infinite lmao

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I was a huge advocate for Isaac during the ballot. I definitely don't think he's likely anymore, though.

I think everyone was intended to get more stuff eventually, but Disney Infinity shut down in the middle of a lot of things. (Hence there being so many fully completed Peter Pan figures to the point to them being as cheap as regular ones on eBay, but do absolutely nothing in the games... since development unfortunately stopped before they updated 3.0 to implement them.)

Because that game was painfully mediocre as a whole. Sad because I was saying for years I'd go hard on a new MvC game for PS4.
I enjoyed it, personally! It was unique, and while I definitely agree it could have used more polish I think it did what it wanted to pretty well.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Have hope, Isacc might just return because the fans were very vocal or he can be a nice retro character. We need Isacc in Smash, this could help his own series even. I am actually a little sad that Issac was gone as an Assist Trophy as well.
You spelled Isaac two different ways in that post and both were wrong. Impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom