• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
After the 8/8 direct I was assuming "I hope you're not expecting too many new fighters" meant "too many new, non-echo fighters" but not where they end up with 85 let alone 100 characters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
My friend now said the “100 characters” is PROBABLY counting Assist Trophies, so...

They’ll try to verify it whenever they can
At that point it'd be over 120, considering we're getting at least fifty assists, lol.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Goemon please.

Also, while on the subject. If konami would just give nintendo its backlog of characters it would be great.
Right?! Like, PLEASE!

You're not gonna do anything cool with it Konami, just sell it to Nintendo and focus on making your pachi machines!
The "exciting news" for Minecon is they will be moving Minecraft: Story Mode to another studio so it can continue. Because everyone wants that.
Can Gearbox start making it's own Tales from the Borderlands as well then!

Last edited:

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Congratulations on 5002 pages! I was here during 100 pages O.O

But can’t wait to see more adventures of us talking about more Smash till launch and DLC.

By the way, what’s you guys favorite stage remake so far in Ultimate? Now with 103 stages there’s a lot of good ones here.
If I had to choose just one, I have to give it to Fountain of Dreams. It was one of the most visually striking stages back in Melee, and it looks absolutely stunning in Ultimate. This is probably going to be the first stage I'll play on when Ultimate releases honestly (barring Dracula's Castle or another brand new stage).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if anyone's en route to their local gamestop to check that out now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Real talk though if for some reason that 4chan post is right and Celica got in, I'd be ecstatic. At that point I'd have both of my most wanted newcomers.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Hey so uh

I’m hearing from a friend in a discord server that some GameStops have an ad saying 100 fighters or something, and that some clerks reinforced it to them

Anyone been to a GameStop lately and noticed said ad??
Jesus! that cant be true can it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Real talk though if for some reason that 4chan post is right and Celica got in, I'd be ecstatic. At that point id have both of my most wanted newcomers.
At least it'd be another female rep granted not a female villain which Smash could use more of.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why does everyone think that Celica would be a Robin echo? Clearly she's meant to be an echo of Marth. Obviously.

I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.

Anyway uh, I don't think being a slow heavy hitter really works for Celica. So even if they replace the durability mechanic with a recoil damage one, I still have a really hard time imagining her with Robin's moveset.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah apparently disregard all that, whomever’s in charge of advertising for GameStop got bamboozled by a literal deviantart mockup:

https://www.deviantart.com/ssbfangamer/art/Super-Smash-Bros-For-Nintendo-Switch-Boxart-711515999
  • They're still using World Pac-Man but not TP Link
  • They're not using the "For System" naming convention anymore
  • Shovel Knight's an assist
  • 100+ fighters vs. "I hope you're not expecting too many new challengers"
This didn't age well.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Being honest, I think that 100 is a realistic number for the roster at the end of the game's lifespan. We'll have anywhere from 76 - 80 characters in the base roster (we currently have 74 including echoes), and assuming that this game will have more DLC than Sm4sh, which it almost certainly will, we should expect anywhere from 10 - 20 DLC characters. To be completely honest, I expect we'll get at least 14 DLC characters, which is double that of Sm4sh. If we get DLC echoes (which I don't expect, but could see it happening), then I definitely think we'll hit 100 total fighters.

I said it at the beginning of speculation and I'll keep saying it, but we are reaching Smash Bros. Infinite levels of character inclusions.

IN AN ACTUAL SMASH BROS GAME.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Yeah apparently disregard all that, whomever’s in charge of advertising for GameStop got bamboozled by a literal deviantart mockup:

https://www.deviantart.com/ssbfangamer/art/Super-Smash-Bros-For-Nintendo-Switch-Boxart-711515999
That's actually hilarious. Apparently research of any kind is dead?

Being honest, I think that 100 is a realistic number for the roster at the end of the game's lifespan. We'll have anywhere from 76 - 80 characters in the base roster (we have 74 currently including echoes), and assuming that this game will have more DLC than Sm4sh, which it almost certainly will, we should expect anywhere from 10 - 20 DLC characters. To be completely honest, I expect we'll get at least 14 DLC characters, which is double that of Sm4sh. If we get DLC echoes (which I don't expect, but could see it happening), then I definitely think we'll hit 100 total fighters.

I said it at the beginning of speculation and I'll keep saying it, but we are reaching Smash Bros. Infinite levels of character inclusions.

IN AN ACTUAL SMASH BROS GAME.

If they actually support this game throughout the Switch's lifespan completely then yeah I could see it. Question is how many fighters they consider to be too much. I'm sure Nintendo would do as many as possible, but Sakurai would most likely be wary of adding unnecessary additions.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Hey so uh

I’m hearing from a friend in a discord server that some GameStops have an ad saying 100 fighters or something, and that some clerks reinforced it to them

Bud, I wouldn’t believe a single thing Sakurai says if there are 38 characters left in the game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not that I want it to happen next month, but I want to ask, because I am curious...

Does anyone still hope for, or think a Direct will happen next month?

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Not that I want it to happen next month, but I want to ask, because I am curious...

I'm hoping for one ASAP so that we can all have something new to talk about (and put some of the dumb "leaks" and theories to rest).

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I think there's a chance if it goes by a pattern.

June - August - October - December: Release date

The best we could also hope in October is a Lucina and Robin duo style reveal trailer.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh, are we playing the "characters have to deserve a spot before being in" game?
This statement of yours is your opinion and that's fine, but that goes completely against Sakurai's one rule of just be from a video game. It lets all possibilities take place, first, second, or third party.
If you want to frame it as "deserves" then sure.

All I'm saying is don't hold your breath, because some characters are objectively better choices than others.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I mean you can say some characters are objectively more likely than others. I feel like a character being a better choice is fairly subjective

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
But in all honesty, I can see their goal of trying to hit 100 characters and adding every stage in existence (some stages are oddly missing, some very good ones) by the end of DLC. I'm going to wait andbase this off of how many remaining echo fighters we have. If we get a decent chunk more, then I can totally see 10 Unique DLC fighters all come with 1 or 2 echo fighters in the end. I definitely think "Echo fighter" as a category can and will be bigger than we think, but we'll see.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Jeez, how much would all the Smash DLC end up being monetarily if they go up to 100 characters? How much would you have to pay to get the Ultimate ULTIMATE experience?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey so uh

Tell me more. I am... very intrigued by this, no matter how stupid it turned out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Is Goomba a better choice than Geno?
No, in my opinion adding a goomba would be stupid. Doesn't change what I said. Someone can legitimately want to play as a goomba in smash and support it's addition to smash and there'd be nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom