• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Playing it safe, because they don't know, if they will get the Miis ready for Online? Assuming Smashdown can be played online, which doesn't seem that farfetched to me...
But that seems like an easy toggle, they're playable offline but not on. I don't think our roster size is tied to smash down, but regardless I just think it would be weird for Miis not to be in the mode. The best I can think of is that they're sort of 3 seperate characters in one (where as PT is one cohesive character) so maybe the team didn't know how to break that up and just cut them from the mode.

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
The best I can think of is that they're sort of 3 seperate characters in one (where as PT is one cohesive character) so maybe the team didn't know how to break that up and just cut them from the mode.
I think your right, seems plausible, I could see that being the reason.

Untouch

Smash Master
The core problem with the smashdown theory is that it makes DLC impossible unless they release them in packs of 12.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The core problem with the smashdown theory is that it makes DLC impossible unless they release them in packs of 12.
Or, by the end of DLC, we have 12 new characters, meaning it ends out being perfect again.

Similar to how the theory states that while the game won’t start out perfect for Smashdown, it will be in the end when you get all the characters.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Thinking about the game awards ""leak"" some more...
It just feels VERY absurd, they're obviously talking about Dragon Quest and there's no doubting it.
But they're going to announce a Dragon Quest character as DLC, and possibly announce DLC itself, a day before the game launches in an event entirely catered towards the West?
I know Nintendo has announced stuff at the TGAs before (Bayo 3) and has had Smash announcements in events only catered to one part of the world (Shulk) but still..

I guess this speculation is better than the box theory.

D

Deleted member

Moydow Moydow
Never ask me for anything ever again.
Ultimate Roster.png

This is completey 100% biased so I'd like to know how you'd all feel if I had free reign over the roster.

Notes: Dark Samus is the only decloned Echo. Team Rocket works much like Pkmn Trainer, their playable Pokemon are Meowth, Koffing and Arbok.
EDIT: fixed a mistake

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Thinking about the game awards ""leak"" some more...
It just feels VERY absurd, they're obviously talking about Dragon Quest and there's no doubting it.
But they're going to announce a Dragon Quest character as DLC, and possibly announce DLC itself, a day before the game launches in an event entirely catered towards the West?
I know Nintendo has announced stuff at the TGAs before (Bayo 3) and has had Smash announcements in events only catered to one part of the world (Shulk) but still..

I guess this speculation is better than the box theory.
Dragon quest is Square right?... So it might not be Geno After all...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Moydow Moydow
View attachment 165502
This is completey 100% biased so I'd like to know how you'd all feel if I had free reign over the roster.

Notes: Dark Samus is the only decloned Echo. Team Rocket works much like Pkmn Trainer, their playable Pokemon are Meowth, Koffing and Arbok.
While I like this roster... It seems to be missing something... hmm...What Could it be?...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I see y’all still talking about game theories right now...any new ones within the past whatever hours?
While I like this roster... It seems to be missing something... hmm...What Could it be?...
Viridi

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
Moydow Moydow
View attachment 165502

As you didn't cut anyone and added Dixie Kong and Bandana Dee I would gladly take it. Although I would debate Kraid being to big, as he is even more massive than Ridley... And Bowser Jr. is doubled in the first row.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
May I ask what credibility or track record this leak has?
None. Kidding aside, I've heard they have had a shaky track record, so it's not a leak I follow. I also tend to not trust leaks that go "We have information! But we don't like spoilers, so we'll give you hints." Like, either you think people should know the information, or not. Hinting doesn't absolve you of anything.

D

Deleted member

May I ask what credibility or track record this leak has?
The source of the VGAs “leak” has a track record of being wrong. There’s not much ground for it to stand on, other than people guessing Dragon Quest, and tying that in to VeggieTales’ claims.

prowler12

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-7518-9066-3502
i remember back at E3 waluigi assist was K.Od and everyone was saying he would be the final reveal

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Moydow Moydow
View attachment 165502

No King Boo, Linebeck, Marin, Totodile, Oricorio, Rocket, you have too many ****ing FE reps, I don't like the idea of Doc but eh..., cut Metal Face for Rex/Pyra, 1 W101 rep (unless an echo), 2 Sonic reps at most, Raiden at most (but you should have a Big Boss echo lol), no Chun Li, who is Celes, most of your bottom row is bad, I can name 5 characters from it.

Too many FE reps and your most of your 3rd parties aren't recognizable enough IMO

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
At this point characters aren't my #1 concern anymore, so if you had to pick one,

>Break The Targets!

or

>Board the Platforms!

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
The what now? Bruh I swear everyone is coming up with a new theory each hour. Can someone summarize or link?
The theory is that in order for Smashdown to work, the final character roster will have to be divisible by 4,3 and 2 (or 12), otherwise the last round there won't be enough characters for everyone to play. It kind of assumes that every character will need to be played and based on DLC, this won't be the case.

D

Deleted member

The what now? Bruh I swear everyone is coming up with a new theory each hour. Can someone summarize or link?
Final roster needs to be divisible by 2, 3, and 4 for Smashdown to work. This means the roster will be either 72, or 84. We don’t know what happens when the number of players exceeds the remaining character count yet. I don’t buy it, personally.

:ultgreninja:

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Moydow Moydow
View attachment 165502

It's missing Amaterasu, but for the most part it's pretty amazing.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Both, and who would you pick as the RH rep?

If Hector and Joshua were replaced with Lyn and Edelgard than it would be acceptable
People already hate(d) Corrin. I would legit consider skipping this game if it had almost an entire ****ing row of FE characters.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Another reason I don't think Smash down is at all tied to the roster number, why does the mode have to be limited to 4? Why not go all the way up to 8?

Honestly I hope most of the Smash modes can go up to 8. There's literally no reason not to anymore.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The theory is that in order for Smashdown to work, the final character roster will have to be divisible by 4,3 and 2 (or 12), otherwise the last round there won't be enough characters for everyone to play. It kind of assumes that every character will need to be played and based on DLC, this won't be the case.
Final roster needs to be divisible by 2, 3, and 4 for Smashdown to work. This means the roster will be either 72, or 84. We don’t know what happens when the number of players exceeds the remaining character count yet. I don’t buy it, personally.

:ultgreninja:
Essentially it's implying the roster is determined by the mode, rather than the mode being made to work for the roster. Which would be the case, if it were opposite day.

Jakenimbus

Smash Apprentice
72 is divisible by 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, and 72 so it would be a really good number for the roster as it is a really flexible number.

D

Deleted member

No King Boo, Linebeck, Marin, Totodile, Oricorio, Rocket,
You must have a sad life to hate all of them
you have too many ****ing FE reps,
Still less than Pokemon
I don't like the idea of Doc but eh..
Doc didn't quit alcohol to hear this ****
cut Metal Face for Rex/Pyra
Why would I cut the sexiest character in my entire roster?
1 W101 rep (unless an echo),
No.
2 Sonic reps at most
Why?
Raiden at most (but you should have a Big Boss echo lol)
Nah, this game needs Revolver Ocelot
no Chun Li,
Bad taste
who is Celes
The ****ing protagonist of Final Fantasy VI
most of your bottom row is bad, I can name 5 characters from it.
Not my fault you didn't play the best RPG series of all time or the second best tactical RPG of all time.
View attachment 165506

Oh and I love that you have Ocelot, Welkin and Alicia, Phoenix and Edgeworth in your mega roster. By the way, what game are those last 4 characters next to the Mii fighter from?
Finally someone is appreciative of the fine arts!
Valkyria Chronicles really deserves something it's such a good ****ing game and I haven't even finished it yet

All the characters after Joker are from Etrian Odyssey.
Protector is a tank class from the first two games and acts as the mascot of the series
Bertrand is a Protector from Untold II and a relevant party member
Highlander is the silent protagonist for Untold I and a spear wielder
Frederica is the main heroine of Untold I and has a GUN
Fafnir is the silent protagonist of Untold II whose gimmick is powering up by transforming and keeping it for as long as possible.
Harbinger is a class from EOV and my favorite one from it so...

LetterO

Smash Lord
Alright, so 2 things.

1. Why do people assume 103 is the final stage count? Even before CoroCoro, Sakurai has never mentioned 103 being the final count.

2. I’m going to be thinking that the SE rep for Vergeben is Geno. Geno’s the only SE rep I can think of that where his fans would get super peeved and give tons of backlash to Vergeben, as he said for why he didn’t want to reveal the SE rep.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Both, and who would you pick as the RH rep?
I would pick the Rhythm Girl (aka The Tap Trial Girl). She's my Avatar for a reason. I just feel like she would be a good pick because it wouldn't seem out of place for her to use Items and Characters from the different Rhythm Games in her moveset (It be weird to see the Chorus Men or Karate Joe holding around a Tambourune or a Microphone...). Besides, Characters like the Chorus Men and possibly Karate Joe (though I think he might make a better assist trophy) would probably be involved with her specials... Also, she technically appears in every Rhythm Heaven game, With her Rhythm Game Tap Trial being playable in every Game except for the DS one (Although she does make a cameo in that one)...

Last edited:

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
The past 2 weeks of speculation have honestly been exhausting. The Direct delay, box theory, Verg showing up again, the blog theory, Corocoro saying there’s 108 stages, alt costumes... I thought the chairs thing was enough nuttiness, but this fan base continues to surprise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m going to be thinking that the SE rep for Vergeben is Geno. Geno’s the only SE rep I can think of that where his fans would get super peeved and give tons of backlash to Vergeben, as he said for why he didn’t want to reveal the SE rep.
Can’t wait for this to be the thing he gets wrong and the fans attack him anyway despite never mentioning Geno by name.

:4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom