• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Aren't Ebony and Ivory just real guns though?

Like... They aren't magical prop looking things like 'Love is Blue' or anything like that.

But that's a small problem I guess.
More like a nonproblem. Bayonetta’s guns still look and function like guns. Idoubt the ESRB care whether or not a gun is magic or not before they decide their rating.

Even then, Snake had grenades and missiles in Brawl. Smash is kinda past the whole “realistic weapons are bad” thing.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Donte doesn't count though, we don't claim him
Agreed. What we saw was nothing more but an potheaded impersonator addicted to crack and pot trying to take on and act like the Dante we all knew and last. Last I checked too he had been taken care of for good never to be heard of again and left behind in the dust. ;)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Aren't Ebony and Ivory just real guns though?

Like... They aren't magical prop looking things like 'Love is Blue' or anything like that.

But that's a small problem I guess.
Bayonetta's guns still fire real bullets.

This is why I've always felt she kinda of breaks the guns rule even with the magical element applied to them.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Aren't you the guy who wants a call of duty character to get in
Not trying to sound like a jerk, I'm just saying I don't think Dante fits any less than a cod character.
A character like soap would just be a semi clone of Snake. Nothing big but would bring In that epic Hans Zimmer music to smash. We need some more epic battle tunes imho. 1:12 in an epic smash battle would be so cool

https://youtu.be/YQBpX79xcCc

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally didn't know what Capcom was on when they thought Donte/DINO (Dante In Name Only) was a good idea to begin with...

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Yeah never heard of him. Honestly, If we get him i’ll Be happy for the fans, but tbh I hope we get some more characters I want lol. The only character we’ve gotten so far that I want is Isabelle.
Who do you want in?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Tekken is a fighting game though, so reusing voice clips for Heihachi wouldn't be nearly as off as it'd be for other characters. Like, Ryu probably could've had all his voice clips be recycled from Street Fighter V and it would work.
Plus they probably would’ve already gotten his consent a while back even if it was just re-using lines.

Not that I think he’s getting in.

Pakky

Smash Hero
More like a nonproblem. Bayonetta’s guns still look and function like guns. Idoubt the ESRB care whether or not a gun is magic or not before they decide their rating.

Even then, Snake had grenades and missiles in Brawl. Smash is kinda past the whole “realistic weapons are bad” thing.
Bayonetta's guns still fire real bullets.

This is why I've always felt she kinda of breaks the guns rule even with the magical element applied to them.
Y'all right I mean even though its a cartoon mess :ultkrool: uses a blunderbuss

and then

That's real-ish.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Limiting DLC characters to just ones that aren't assist trophies is absolutely stupid considering that's where a lot of popular characters have ended up. I can't see Sakurai going "Well, this character has a lot of support, but I'm not going to put them in as DLC just because they are an assist trophy that I could easily reuse some of the assets of to help make them a full character." Obviously, no assists are going to be base, but this stupid fan rule is bound to be broken by DLC. And no, Waluigi didn't have much of a fanbase during the ballot as far as I remember. He was always considered as a possible character, but support for him has never been this big. If Sakurai has seen the outcry for him and wants to include him as DLC, he will. (Also, sorry for bringing this back up)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
They CAN, but it's a bit awkward as every DLC character other than Lucas got new lines in 4, and not having Heihachi acknowledge he's in Smash in a reveal trailer would suck as all the DLC newcomers in 4 did alongside Roy
It wouldn't be the first time, though; from what I recall, all of Sonic's voice lines in Smash 4 (and I'm pretty sure it's also in the case in Ultimate) are taken from games where Sonic had his current voice actor, like Sonic Colours or Generations. Sonic's not DLC, admittedly, but he's still third party.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Btw thank you guys for providing me some insight on Dante’s inclusion, personally while he’s not my first choice for a third-party character I do see he has a lot of potential and I’ll be happy for all the fans who wanted him.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
well if dante's in...

Savour EVO 2019, for that's the last time any of us get to see a smash game on the big stage

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Btw thank you guys for providing me some insight on Dante’s inclusion, personally while he’s not my first choice for a third-party character I do see he has a lot of potential and I’ll be happy for all the fans who wanted him.
Same here although I still think he's a ridiculous choice but hey more power to the people and happy for them that wanted him. ;)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can't wait for Waluigi to be DLC and all of the "b-but Assists can't b-be promoted!!!" crowd gets a whole lot of egg on their face, and are forced to eat the crow that laid said egg.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just a reminder that Capcom made reboot Dante a costume in MvC:I

They haven't buried him juuuust yet

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well this has been interesting to catch up with.

I do think it's interesting that Corocoro is the only magazine with the 108 stages claim and doesn't make a big deal about exclusive information. I'm honestly not convinced this is legit until more sources start reporting there are 108 stages.

Box theory works either way though so that's still good. I'm not sure how Verge's SE character is. It not being corroborated by his other sources is interesting. I'm leaning towards it not being Geno because I'm not entirely convinced Sakurai wants Geno to be playable in Smash, given that he's always lagging behind others for popularity and is virtually unknown outside of the Smashboards echo chamber.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don’t know what any of that means lol
Samus's design changes from game to game are relatively minor compared to the DmC: Devil May Cry reboot, which removed all noteworthy aspects of Dante's character design (making him look like a relatively normal guy), along with completely altering his personality and backstory for the worse.

It would be like if Samus was based entirely on Metroid Other M, to the point of requiring Adam's authorization before she used Screw Attack, Charge Beam, or her final smash - they'd be representing the lowest and most hated point of the franchise for no particular reason.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Was Dante in a reliable or probable leak?

I thought he got rumored at one point but I just can't remember which one.
Comes from this info of Devil May Cry stuff by this pretty accurate leaker or something. That's why Dante is up to debate whether he's in the game or not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm probably late but Verg has finally confirmed FOR REAL that the Pokemon is Incineroar

Also he isn't against the SE character possibly being DLC but he has no information on it being so

But he still believes in the SE character because the source is reliable

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Just a reminder that Capcom made reboot Dante a costume in MvC:I

They haven't buried him juuuust yet
Hahaha that doesn't even exist anymore Goku ate most of it and Mario is carrying as many as he can to safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom