• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
If it checks out, where is Simon and Richter?
Zero kills this leak like it or not.
Well, I never said it was a complete leak.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't Verge. Someone probably hacked into his account.
Actually that was him. But apparently people are stating that he's disowned that leak as coming from a bad source. Pity that.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
obviously know now that’s not true
We can speculate that it isn't true, but we haven't seen the actual results. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Isabelle won over K.rool, for example. The only character we know comes from the ballot is Bayo. The likes of Isabelle, Ridley, Waluigi, Toad, and/or veterans could've easily won over K.rool.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
To be fair... Even though Dragon Ball started as an anime then a manga... It has a very long and diverse legacy with video games.... Even in the modern age dokkan, and heroes... Massive side games.... Xenoverse and fighterz are pretty big too.
Oh my hecking gosh please tell me we are not doing this again.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we assume Ken and Inceniroar are the last characters left to be revealed who do you think are the 5 most likely DLC characters.

To make this more interesting you can't say Rex/Pyra or Springman, because I imagine almost everyone is going to bring them up.
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie or Rayman
Dixie Kong
Geno
Isaac

Extras:

Rhythm Heaven rep
Skull Kid (Assuming he's not a boss)

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
We can speculate that it isn't true, but we haven't seen the actual results. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Isabelle won over K.rool, for example. The only character we know comes from the ballot is Bayo. The likes of Isabelle, Ridley, Waluigi, Toad, and/or veterans could've easily won over K.rool.
Actually, an insider from Nintendo went on record saying that K Rool basically won the ballot, which blew Nintendo away, and that Bayo was in development before the ballot was even over, as Nintendo projected she would win and missed the mark on their prediction. The ballot winners have effected Ultimate, but had no impact on Sm4sh.

You can read more about this in the K Rool thread called "How the Fans Brought Back K Rool".

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
If Waluigi and Toad beat K. Rool, he wouldn’t be playable over them.

Also data mining suggests Bayonetta was never actually related to the ballot, but y’know.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Actually, an insider from Nintendo went on record saying that K Rool basically won the ballot, which blew Nintendo away, and that Bayo was in development before the ballot was even over, as Nintendo projected she would win and missed the mark on their prediction. The ballot winners have effected Ultimate, but had no impact on Sm4sh.
Do you any links?

SonicMario

Smash Master
So I can't believe that there's only one echo fighter left I'm not buying it.

Why introduce a concept and add so few?
Because they may want to weigh the fanbase's reaction to Echo Fighters first? Imagine if we disliked echo fighters just as much as many of us did Dark Pit back during the ESRB leak

And 7 (counting the returning Dark Pit and Lucina) sounds like plenty of echoes to me. I think now that the general reception is positive though, they'll highly consider echo fighter DLC now.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Still he's not a video game character. The others I can give though due to being those but not Goku.
I'm not trying to sell you on Goku, but I am trying to give you an insight on why some people want Goku.

Simply put, he's contributed and done more for the gaming industry then most video game characters or franchises... An yes Dragon Ball has far more video games then any other "fourth" party. Yes more then Spiderman, Batman, and Mickey.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh my god Isabelle!!! This changes... Absolutely nothing!

Okay but seriously I’ve seen a lot of people get really upset over Isabelle across the web and I just want to say I don’t think they need to really worry, she seems relatively simple as a character barrowing a lot of assets mainly from the Villager and her character trailer has little if any CGI in it, so honestly I can’t say with good faith that she “Stole a slot”.

That’s just not right to say, I don’t think anything has drastically changed because she’s unique and not an Echo.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If we assume Ken and Inceniroar are the last characters left to be revealed who do you think are the 5 most likely DLC characters.

To make this more interesting you can't say Rex/Pyra or Springman, because I imagine almost everyone is going to bring them up.
Rex/Pyra
Min Min
Banjo & Kazooie
Sora (ugh, I just... I really think it's going to happen in DLC.)
Heihachi (also ugh, but Bandai isn't going to get only one representative in a game they made, and Heihachi seems to show up in everything.)

And since I can't say Rex & Pyra, uhhh... Geno...?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm not trying to sell you on Goku, but I am trying to give you an insight on why some people want Goku.

Simply put, he's contributed and done more for the gaming industry then most video game characters or franchises... An yes Dragon Ball has far more video games then any other "fourth" party. Yes more then Spiderman, Batman, and Mickey.
Never the less Goku doesn't really deserve a spot but I now do understand the reasons for people requesting him. Always assumed because of popularity of the series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair... Even though Dragon Ball started as an anime then a manga... It has a very long and diverse legacy with video games.... Even in the modern age dokkan, and heroes... Massive side games.... Xenoverse and fighterz are pretty big too.
Hey...don’t do it
Sonic games still sell well. For some reason.
They sell well cause Sonic is a lifestyle of memes

Iridium

Smash Hero
Also, CT (Clash Tournaments) also apparently tried some matches with CPUs. Check this out.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So here's something I thought about

Okay so Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was the first sonic game on a Nintendo console right?

What if everyone who was playable from that game is our sonic representation?

Funny enough characters of a similar class in that game played similarly

Sonic and Shadow were similar

Tails and Eggman were similar

Rouge and Knuckles were similar

So here's what I'm thinking

Sonic with a Shadow echo

Tails with Eggman as his echo (shaky but possible Eggman can literally be anything)

Rouge and Knuckles as ATs.

With the boss character if there is a boss being Biolizard the final boss of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

I imagine Tails being a gunner kind of character since the Mii costumes were 'blueprints' on how the characters would work.

Eggman could be the same thing.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So would that even include characters like Shrek or Spongebob if you really want to get down to it?
Sure why not?

"Deserve" has no universal basis. Therefore it is always a subjective thing. It doesn't matter how obnoxiously dumb something seems. Whether or not it "deserves" something is a subjective thing. I could easily say "no character deserves to be in Smash" and there are no purely factual refutes to that claim because you can't measure how much something "deserves" something else.

Subjective. Period.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Never the less Goku doesn't really deserve a spot but I now do understand the reasons for people requesting him. Always assumed because of popularity of the series.
"Deserve" isn't really a word we need to use.

I'd argue Dark Pit doesn't "deserve" to be in, but he is, and he has fans. I'd even argue Cloud doesn't "deserve" to be in a game dedicated to Nintendo's history, but he's also in and I assume the majority of the fanbase disagrees with me.

There's no clear outline of rules for who's in and who's out. It just comes down to who was available, who Sakurai liked, and what the time/budget constraints were at the time. If Sakurai wants Goku in and the various companies that own his rights want him in, what's stopping them from putting him in after Clou'ds inclusion? The fact that he doesn't deserve it?

StormC

Smash Hero
The only characters I would entertain beating K. Rool on the ballot are veterans or perhaps a third-party like Banjo-Kazooie. Considering that diehard fans were voting over and over and over and over (I know people who have claimed to have voted hundreds of times), there is 0 doubt in my mind K. Rool was the most voted Nintendo newcomer on the ballot. Sakurai wouldn't pick some old and forgotten video game boss that hasn't been in the mainstream for ~20 years if it wasn't for him crushing the ballot, or as Sakurai said in his own words, "received a ton of votes."

This goes double if K. Rool is somehow the only unique ballot newcomer in the base game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"Deserve" isn't really a word we need to use.

I'd argue Dark Pit doesn't "deserve" to be in, but he is, and he has fans. I'd even argue Cloud doesn't "deserve" to be in a game dedicated to Nintendo's history, but he's also in and I assume the majority of the fanbase disagrees with me.

There's no clear outline of rules for who's in and who's out. It just comes down to who was available, who Sakurai liked, and what the time/budget constraints were at the time. If Sakurai wants Goku in and the various companies that own his rights want him in, what's stopping them from putting him in after Clou'ds inclusion? The fact that he doesn't deserve it?
Difference is they're at least video game characters. Yes Dragon Ball has a video game series but fact remains Goku is an anime/manga character and Sakurai said "Video Game characters only".

KMDP

Smash Legend
Correction: Dragon Ball started as a Manga, then got adapted as an Anime.
Regarding the discovery by ConnorEatsPants on Twitter.
I'm just tuning in, what's this discovery?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
My 5 DLC picks (not including ARMS or Xenoblade 2):
- Terra Branford (or any FF character)
- Doom Slayer
- Phoenix Wright
- Isaac
- Banjo-Kazooie

Together with Springman and Rex and Pyra, I think this would pretty much be one of the strongest DLC lineups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom