• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
How much left do they have before they run out?
Besides a couple items and assist trophies? Probably early to mid October, late if we're pushing it.

I legit cannot see them wait until November, especially due to how much stuff they'll dump on us come the next Direct.

If they stretch these out to give enough content for 2~months, they'd have to basically go into blog post overdrive in November before the game comes out one week in December.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
tbh Ultimate has a lot to live up to, we're talking about DLC. Cloud, Ryu and Bayonetta were absolutely insane; at this point, we might as well go all out and do Sora lmao
You forgot to add Corrin on your list of insane DLC characters. She broke the smash fandom when she came out(just not in a good way)

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah. I'll put my money on the 'last' Smash Direct come mid-October, maybe even early like 8.8 was.

There just isn't enough info from 8.8 left for them to stretch it out all the way into November, and if this Direct is going to have a lot of stuff on like Spirits, I can't see themselves giving them only a month to blogpost about it.

October just seems like a good place for a Direct, and 'would' fill in the theory we're getting a Smash-focused Direct every 2 months until launch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, if Link and Samus were to have completely different movesets, how would you design them?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Besides a couple items and assist trophies? Probably early to mid October, late if we're pushing it.

I legit cannot see them wait until November, especially due to how much stuff they'll dump on us come the next Direct.

If they stretch these out to give enough content for 2~months, they'd have to basically go into blog post overdrive in November before the game comes out one week in December.
The Direct for Smash Wii U was released at the very end of October, which was only 2-3 weeks until the official release in NA.

I could see them doing a small reveal in October, followed by some type of presentation in early November. The game launches on Decemeber 7th, so if they keep it within the first 14 days of the month, they'd still have over three weeks until release day.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I will post it here as well...
First of all I want to warn you that all this can be false, an old friend who already gave me game information told me all this, but he already told lies and also revealed many true things.
So please take all this with a big grain of salt.

He gave me some words indicating characters that are going to be playable in Smash Ultimate. He warned me that I could post all this somewhere.

"Peramelemorphia"
"Agamidae"
"Erinaceinae"
"Virtual Lacertilia"
"Demon Felis"
"Fire Karategi"
"Gấu"
"Extremitats"
"Suryaprabha"
"Stalflute"
"Star Nukke"
"Tiikeri Taistelija"
"Condemn Destruction"
"Fool Guy"
"Artis"

That's all he gave me.
Sorry for any problems.

Finally, a fake "puzzle" leak that seems fun to crack.ñ...

BTW this is fake and im sorry to say it, but you are being fooled by ... but i will give it a try just cause fun!.

"Peramelemorphia"
Crash Bandicot
"Agamidae"
a kind of lizard and "aga" considering they were trying to fool you i will say agumon...
"Erinaceinae"
Shadow the hedgehog
"Virtual Lacertilia"
Virtual lizard? Unreal lizard? Fantasy Lizard... Spyro i guess? (either that or Gex the gekko, take your pick)
"Demon Felis"
Incineroar
"Fire Karategi"
Ken
"Gấu"
Banjo (bear in chinese)
"Extremitats"
Limbs in catalan? no idea here...
"Suryaprabha"
Isaac :V (sunlight)
"Stalflute"
Skull Kid
"Star Nukke"
Geno (Nukke is doll in finnish)
"Tiikeri Taistelija"
Incineroar again? or maybe King "Tiger fighter" in finnish isn't exactly original... maybe heihashi? he have a tiger in his gi.
"Condemn Destruction"
ironically the 2 ones i don't have a clue are the english ones... with this i shall pick... uhm... dunno XD
"Fool Guy"
Dante because... why not?
"Artis"
Literally "the arts" I'm gessing "Elma" due to "Battle Arts"since this list is a compilation of popular requests anyway...

D

Deleted member

I think out of anything, I wanna know what comprises the remaining 400 tracks that we haven't listened to yet. There's roughly 900 of them, so if you minus that with 481 - the number of songs that were in Smash Wii U (including DLC) - and 17 of the tracks that're on the website right now, we still have QUITE an enormous amount of music to find out. I wonder what the second Mario icon is for, because if it's one for the main games and one for the spin-offs, I guess that'd make sense.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'm still leaning on the idea that we got 2-3 unique newcomers left.
Also not to mention the fact if Ken or the possible SE character could be considered echoes or unique characters, if you go off of what Verge has claimed.
We'll see though.

Shroob

Sup?
The Direct for Smash Wii U was released at the very end of October, which was only 2-3 weeks until the official release in NA.

I could see them doing a small reveal in October, followed by some type of presentation in early November. The game launches on Decemeber 7th, so if they keep it within the first 14 days of the month, they'd still have over three weeks until release day.
The biggest difference is that 3 out of out 5 blogpost days are taken up by Veterans.

And one is taken up by music.

Meaning we have effectively 1 day a week for Direct-info not related to characters to drop to come out.

You can't compare this blog-cycle to Smash4's, because we still have what, over 20 characters to get through?

I just realize I've never posted my newcomer predictions. While I think the box rumor is ********, I also highly doubt we'll get more than 4 more unique newcomers (if even that many).

Unique
  • 69: Some Pokemon newcomer (kinda 50/50 on this one, wouldn't be surprised if there were no Pokemon newcomers in the base game. This is mostly because of Vergeben.)
  • 70: Dixie Kong (Semi-clone of Diddy Kong. Very popular request, and I have a gut feeling things came to fruition this time around.)
  • 71: Rhythm Heaven rep (I could totally see Sakurai revisiting this. If I had to choose one specific character, I'd probably go with Karate Joe)
  • 72: Geno (Popular, has moveset potential, and has Sakurai's blessing. Wouldn't be out of place as one of the final reveals.)
Honorable mentions:
  • Isaac (No personal connections to the character, but I wouldn't be surprised if he got in, and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it/gets the Assist Trophy treatment. He feels like the most 50/50 character to me right now. I am hoping he makes it in, though, because his fans have waited a long time, and they deserve to get their character.)
  • Banjo Kazooie (Could be in the base game as a final reveal, but I could picture him being a DLC character too.)

Echos
  • 60ε: Ken Masters (All but confirmed at this point. I don't think it's a matter of if now, but when)
  • 38ε: Shadow the Hedgehog (Still confident as ever. Popular enough to warrant making him an echo, and Assist Trophy's still MIA)
  • 64ε: Octolings (Pretty popular, and insanely easy to make work. I could definetly see Sakurai throwing them in at the last second)
  • 16ε: Impa (Based off Skyward Sword, thus giving every magor game in the Zelda franchise playable representation. Seems too good not to pass up, and is the only consistently reccuring Zelda character not in the game yet, but I am the least confident in her out of all my echo predictions)

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, if Link and Samus were to have completely different movesets, how would you design them?
Samus would use the many functions and ammo types of her arm cannon way more instead of relying on PUNCHING PEOPLE WITH WHAT IS EFFECTIVELY A GUN.

Zero Suit Samus would ditch the jet boots and gun whip and rely more on acrobatic CQC while implementing her taser more.

Link would focus more on his light-footed quick style of swordplay instead of being projectile focused.

Toon Link would rely more on his spin attacks and rising strikes and dodges along with his unique things like the deku leaf.

Young Link would be faster and draw more from Majora's mask and have some subtle nods to the TP Hero's Shade while having a boost mode that temporarily transforms him into the Fierce Deity.

Last edited:

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
I'm back, sooner than I thought too. The 4chan leak looks fake and none of them recently have been right.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'll say it once, and I'll say it again.

There 'really' isn't a lot of stuff left from the 8.8 Direct for them to stretch out to all the way to November.

But here's my biggest reason as to why I believe the next Smash Direct will be in October:

Directs usually get stretched for blogposts for about two months worth of time.

If we get one in November... that gives them about a month and a week, or less depending on how late they air the Direct, until the game launches.

It only makes 'sense' for the Direct to come in October, two months after the last, and regurgitate info from it until launch.
Honestly a direct in 4 to 5 weeks sounds about right

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

But yeah. I'll put my money on the 'last' Smash Direct come mid-October, maybe even early like 8.8 was.

There just isn't enough info from 8.8 left for them to stretch it out all the way into November, and if this Direct is going to have a lot of stuff on like Spirits, I can't see themselves giving them only a month to blogpost about it.

October just seems like a good place for a Direct, and 'would' fill in the theory we're getting a Smash-focused Direct every 2 months until launch.
The biggest difference is that 3 out of out 5 blogpost days are taken up by Veterans.

Meaning we have effectively 1 day a week for Direct-info not related to characters to drop to come out.

You can't compare this blog-cycle to Smash4's, because we still have what, over 20 characters to get through?
I don't see how we are running out of stuff from the direct. We generally get three fighter post, a song, an item/at/pokemon and a stage each week. We have enough characters to ride for a while, stages for days, enough series left for one every Tuesday night up until release, and enough items/AT/Pokemon for at minimum 8 more weeks, even when we double up a bit.

We could easily have enough updates until November. Also, reffering to having to show everything before the release really quickly...they can continue to post after release. They did that for every game so far. We could easily be waiting until November for a Smash Direct.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

No one said absolutely every character and item had to be discussed before the game launches, but if they really wanted to upload everything they had planned, all they have to do is double up on certain days. Easy fix.

Besides, I'm sure we'll still get a few updates even after the game launches. The amiibo tag on the website has to be planned for something.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't see how we are running out of stuff from the direct. We generally get three fighter post, a song, an item/at/pokemon and a stage each week. We have enough characters to ride for a while, stages for days, enough series left for one every Tuesday night up until release, and enough items/AT/Pokemon for at minimum 8 more weeks, even when we double up a bit.

We could easily have enough updates until November. Also, reffering to having to show everything before the release really quickly...they can continue to post after release. They did that for every game so far. We could easily be waiting until November for a Smash Direct.
What exactly do we have left from 8.8?

Rage Blaster, Banana Gun, a couple Assists and Pokemon.

And not all of this is going to be on the site if the E3 trailer/demo is anything to go off of.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
On Link I really wouldn't. His normals feels almost perfect, but my changes would be.
  • Revali's Gale + Glider up-B
  • Spin attack is now down-smash
  • Slowdown while using bow in air
  • Return Hookshot/Clawshot

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
That box theory is very very sound and I don’t think it’s likely to be wrong. The fact that they shuffled the characters in the way they did definitely points to Ken. And Incineroar is pretty much a given. So, I’m thinking that Verg’s other SE rep is either:

Secret Character that’s not in the box (have to ignore or either interpret Sakurai’s words in another way)

or

DLC

I’ll be glad if I’m wrong, but I’m now pretty convinced we’ll be only getting these two as reveals next and, honestly? I’m super fine with that. Sakurai did indeed say to no expect a lot of newcomers and we got a lot more than Inwould’ve ever thought, the roster is also ridiculous. I’m happy and made my peace with it.

EDIT: Though, I’m gonna be a madman’s here and suggest that MAYBE the SE rep is on the base game and Incineroar is either the secret or DLC. WHO KNOWS, but it’s possible

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
What exactly do we have left from 8.8?

Rage Blaster, Banana Gun, a couple Assists and Pokemon.

And not all of this is going to be on the site if the E3 trailer/demo is anything to go off of.
A user shared a Google sheet with every revealed aspect of the game (character, stage, item etc) and what had and hadn't been revealed. About 10 assist trophies haven't been shown on the blog yet, 5 or so Pokemon, and close to 10 items. And on average we only get one of those a week.

Now personally I think we will get a single character reveal in October. But I think next month is still too early for a Smash Direct (hoping I'm wrong!).

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We have a set of newcomers left to be announced for Smash Ultimate...who could it be...who could it not be...it could be anyone and anything...whomst’ve knowns

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

Just do one more Smash Direct next month and reveal everything!!

Iridium

Smash Hero
On Link I really wouldn't. His normals feels almost perfect, but my changes would be.
  • Revali's Gale + Glider up-B
  • Spin attack is now down-smash
  • Slowdown while using bow in air
  • Return Hookshot/Clawshot
Wouldn't he also want to aim his bow in that case too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom