• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don’t get the boxart limiting us to 1 new character.
It shows 36 slots on one side. The other could be another 36.
That’s 72.
We have 68.
This would mean we at least get 4 more characters, echo plus unique.
That’s assuming the other side is even characters. Could be on the back wrapped alongside information and other junk.

Ken and Incineroar are placeholder fighters presumed by a lot of people including the person who made this but the 68 number doesn't include echo fighters.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ken and Incineroar while both cool, feels like a very weak way to end the newcomer line up.

If they are, I’d have saved Ridley and K Rool for last.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
When did he leak Phoenix Wright? This is news to me.
About 6 months ago. Mentioned the likes of Phoenix, Noctis, Cloud, Sonic, and Tails, getting in as guest characters.
I'm telling you guys, Spirits Mode is going to be some amazing, resource heavy single player campaign that trumps all previous Smash games is both quality and quantity of single player content. That's the real reason we're getting so few new fighters.
He also states that the hidden mode is like Subspace. He says it will feature Marx from Kirby as a boss.
Now here I am hoping for a story mode, with all characters playable at some point and interactions nice and fresh.

kylexv

Smash Master
What kind of weird order are they in though? :ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik: all makes sense, then skip Zelda all the way to Roy?

I call inconclusive. They wouldn’t have put that up without knowing people would do this analysis, so it may be a mockup.

Besides, what’s wrong with a single row at the back as well? They’ve probably got something up their sleeves
See my previous post. There's a pattern.
https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-discussion.434391/page-4482#post-22430913

I also made a quick mockup of the roster if Ken and Incineroar are the only remaining newcomers:

Ultimate Box Theory Roster.png

I'll have to say I like all the newcomers on the bottom, but I would be somewhat disappointed with it. Maybe we all got our expectations too high after the August direct.

I just find it weird that they pulled all of their big guns at the beginning.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Ken and Incineroar while both cool, feels like a very weak way to end the newcomer line up.

If they are, I’d have saved Ridley and K Rool for last.
I mean they technically ended things last time with... Shulk.

And for Wii U, Duck Hunt.

Hardly super hype worthy characters.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
i said i would post my new roster predictions

so heres my opinion (this is from the ultimate roster thread)

time for the next roster

View attachment 164307

Purple is other possibles and red is DlC

Inkling
King k rool
Isabelle
Chrom

Skull kid
Geno
Black knight
Heihachi
Lloyd

Ashley
Knuckles
Takamaru

(note these three were probably harder to make playable)

He informs as soon as possible when something is incorrect so far didn't happen for any smash involved stuff

Ridley (and shown at E3)
Simon Belmont
Isabelle
Snake
Ice Climbers
No cuts
No Mimikyu

Ken (hes also the Origin of Echo fighters so this is perfect)
Incineroar (well techniquely only one source said incineroar and also Pokemon rep from gen 7)
No Decidueye
No Lycanroc
Second Square enix Rep (Logically its Geno but could still be anybody else)
Minecraft involved in smash (not playable)

Quote from sakurai

Ridley
Daisy
Isabelle
Simon Belmont
Ritcher belmont
Dark Samus
Chrom
King K rool
All previously Cut Veterans in Smash 4

Black Knight
Shadow the Hedgehog
Isaac
Banjo and kazooie
Skull Kid
Dixie Kong
Geno
HeiHachi
Lloyd

Ashley
Shovel knight
Mimikyu
Bomberman
Waluigi
Lyn

(again probably difficulty reasons)

Dark Samus - Missing in Samus alts
Chrom - m=Missing in ike alts
Isabelle - Kapp'n

Gardevoir - missing in action (and is a popular pokemon)
Shadow the Hedgehog - Knuckles
Skull kid - the moon

Isabelle - Animal crossing 2019

Incineroar - Pokemon Sun and Moon
Spring man - Arms
Sylux - Metroid prime 4
Crash - Crash Bandikoot triliogy
Rex & Pyra - Xenoblade 2

Note: forget Shante and Dante for the Purple section they are both fan request

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now the only question remains. How many DLC? :p

I'm presuming four. Two uniques and two echos rounding to 80.

This is one I can't even predict who'd it'd likely be damn...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I mean they technically ended things last time with... Shulk.

And for Wii U, Duck Hunt.

Hardly super hype worthy characters.
There's a chance that there will be a weak character ending but it makes me believe that the other things they have yet to show us are going to be incredibly interesting.

Not gonna say that it will be, but I think I may shift gears towards thinking about what Spirits is, really.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Ken and Incineroar are placeholder fighters presumed by a lot of people including the person who made this but the 68 number doesn't include echo fighters.
Yeah. If it includes echoes(which the boxart does) it should be 74 already on the box, which wouldn’t be symmetrical. Kinda makes it seem like the boxart means nothing other than that there COULD be 2 unannounced characters.
But....they could just be censoring the two that happened to be on that one side.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well I guess if we were to all lower our expectations this much because of this, then less people would be disappointed.

Theoretically. Theoretically.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman

Toaster Boy is correct in the idea that the box suggests that there are two new unannounced fighters left.

Fingers crossed for Takamaru and Kyle Hyde.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
At this point I can see an October Smash Direct happening.

Incineroar and Ken trailer
Spirit Mode
A few other things (Vault stuff and other modes)
Maybe the first DLC character and perhaps a second ballot

Shroob

Sup?
"Why would they end it with those two?"

:ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultbowserjr: all say hi.

I'm not saying they're bad characters, but in no means 'hype worthy' unless you're a die hard fan.

Smash always comes out SWINGING, but over time, it has always fizzled near the end.... need I remind everyone of how pissed people got at :ultwolf: in Brawl?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah. If it includes echoes(which the boxart does) it should be 74 already on the box, which wouldn’t be symmetrical. Kinda makes it seem like the boxart means nothing other than that there COULD be 2 unannounced characters.
But....they could just be censoring the two that happened to be on that one side.
You're forgetting to remove 2 characters.
We can see that the miis are all in one slot on the box. Which means the Pokemon Trainer is also in one box. 1 instead of 3, so 72 instead of 74.
70 characters + the 2 unannounced ones.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
RIP Bandana Dee, Dixie, Geno, Isaac, Shadow and Skull Kid. It was a good run.

Until perhaps DLC that is.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don’t get the boxart limiting us to 1 new character.
It shows 36 slots on one side. The other could be another 36.
That’s 72.
We have 68.
This would mean we at least get 4 more characters, echo plus unique.
That’s assuming the other side is even characters. Could be on the back wrapped alongside information and other junk.

Edit: I see it shows echoes. So I guess with 6 echoes(Chrom, Lucina, Richter, Dark pit and Samus and Daisy also shown, it should show 74 already. Which destroys any hope of this revealing anything.
Actually, the count is altered. Echoes are shown with their own slots, and Trainer and Miis have one slot each.

68 minus 4 (extra trainer and mii slots) plus 6 (echoes) equals 70.

72 slots on the combined two sides.

The Original 8 COULD be on the back, giving us 8 more spots on the side, making for 10 more characters in total, but I don’t know...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
If we only got 2 more reveals, they really frontloaded some things.
One of the main things Sakurai said is that we shouldn't expect too many newcomers because they wanted to bring everyone back and we're just under 3 months away from launch

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So we might able to see 2 more characters before launch; an echo and a new fighter. However, I do think we might get secret characters, like I'm betting that the end of the next smash direct, Sakurai will say there will be more fighters as a secret. Do you think so? I mean I think the last fighter to be reveal for the public is a pokemon rep.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

You have 12 blank spaces there, if they get filled it matches my smashdown roster prediction ages ago where we get 84 characters.
We could see two rows or columns on the back of the box after all or they could be for DLC.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Ken and Incineroar are the last ones indeed. Still predicting how the trailer will go.

Little Mac at some ring stage only to be killed by Incineroar (Or dispatched like Dedede was by K. Rool), then Ken shows up and the two fights. Fitting since all three are based on fighting. Little Mac being a boxer, Incineroar a wrestler and Ken...a street fighter.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Ken and Macho Man Randy Savage are really all we're getting, Geno better be the first dlc character revealed.
With that being said, I have a hard time buying we're only getting one more unique character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You have 12 blank spaces there, if they get filled it matches my smashdown roster prediction ages ago where we get 84 characters.
We could see two rows or columns on the back of the box after all or they could be for DLC.
The blank spots mean nothing in terms of representation on this picture.

Shroob

Sup?
The blank spaces are to indicate a separation of the two sides of the box, not character spots,

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1536879493465.png

Why is everyone treating the boxart like it's absolutely final on what the remaining roster is? Because it isn't.
Name one reason as to why it would. There's been plenty of things like this before prior to the "holy **** thats a lot of characters" direct. Why is this one all of a sudden mattering? It's just promotion, man. Get a grip.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That’s a weird thing to assume.

Splatoon on Wii U did free updates. Smash for Wii U didn’t.

Splatoon on Switch does free updates. Smash for Switch probably won’t.
Then why does Verge Know about 3 Characters?
Incineroar
Ken
Square Enix Character

When there's only two slots?

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So we might able to see 2 more characters before launch; an echo and a new fighter. However, I do think we might get secret characters, like I'm betting that the end of the next smash direct, Sakurai will say there will be more fighters as a secret. Do you think so? I mean I think the last fighter to be reveal for the public is a pokemon rep.
Sakurai said no secret fighters this time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 164334

Why is everyone treating the boxart like it's absolutely final on what the remaining roster is? Because it isn't.
Name one reason as to why it would. There's been plenty of things like this before prior to the "holy **** thats a lot of characters" direct. Why is this one all of a sudden mattering? It's just promotion, man. Get a grip.
You know damn well I treat things that aren't the same vergloz speak constantly as a thought experiment. I don't care what everyone else's motives are. Lol.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
You're forgetting to remove 2 characters.
We can see that the miis are all in one slot on the box. Which means the Pokemon Trainer is also in one box. 1 instead of 3, so 72 instead of 74.
What if on the final box they aren't together though? That takes up 4 more spots all together? Then put the original 8 on the back and leave Dark Samus on the right side of the box. Leaves you with six more characters left. 70-8=62+4=66. Wouldn't be too surprising really. Hell, only seperate the Miis and you still get 8 characters left.

Edit: Bad math

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom