• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Her moveset definitely derives from Villagers, but I'm really glad she's in. Congrats Isabelle fans. I'm mostly hyped for that new AC, and also Luigi's Mansion 3

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So, Isabelle is unique, but still borrows Villager moves? Is she our first Ultimate semi-clone?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
From her video on the website she seems like a semi clone, so apparently those are still happening. That all but assures Dixie imo.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Isabelle is a semi-clone, then? Same Final Smash, same neutral special, same grab, apparently?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, she still shares a few moves with Villager. But she's not an echo. For instance, her up special is incredibly similar, her Gyroid plant is a lot like Villagers tree plant, and she has pocket... that's kind of disappointing for a newcomer. Not that I'm complaining. They could add whoever the hell they want however the hell they want and I'd still be happy with the game.

D

Deleted member

The moment I saw "not actual gameplay footag" I knew it was her.

*Ahem* Now I can finally say what every Isabelle support has ever wanted to say to the Smash fanbase: **** ALL YA'LL
I TOLD YOU SHE WOULDN'T BE AN ECHO
MY GIRL DESERVES THIS AND I'M GONNA RUB IT ALL IN YOUR FACES FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Isabelle appears to be a Semi-clone.
She has a lot of unique moves, but she also has things like Villager's Grab, Dash attack, and Pocket.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Happy for the people who are happy, but that Smash reveal was kind of disappointing for me... Oh well, next time.
To be fair though this was an Nintendo Direct not an Smash Direct. We definitely are lucky we at least got one reveal and surprisingly not an Echo as many would had believed.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Slow paced trailer but I'm sure lots of people will be happy for Isabelle and new AC.

My favourite part of the Direct was FINAL FANTASY!!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Wow... just wow.

For the fact that Isabelle is in as a UNIQUE newcomer (which is pretty cool)

And that trailer while appropriate, was EXTREMELY underwhelming.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

We didn't get Skull Kid or Isaac in this Direct, and in accordance with that I have to change my avatar. Who better than:

THE ABSOLUTE PIMP OF PERSONA, THE MONEY MAN WHO KEEPS ON GIVING, THE SISTER COMPLEX KING-PIN OF STEEL

YU NARUKAMI

DZgtcC6r_400x400.jpg

Being serious though, I'll go through the archives and kill more "leaks" soon (tm). At the very least this further confirms Vergeben having correct information.

Also Daemon x Machina was the sleeper hit of this Direct. That game looks so much fun. Four player Civilization is also going to be great. Can't wait to bust that out with my friends.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
We can FINALLY bury Loz18 six feet under.

Vergeben's legit my boiz.

Submit to your bara-catdaddy Tigermask overlord now while you can.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
not gonna lie, i am really unhyped right now. i just really dont like animal crossing, and after the hype of all the ff games coming it just deflated all of that

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
So the answer to the question "Is it to different to make it an echo" Is apparently "If it is then we'll just make it a new character and still save work by reusing ****"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh lord, they actually did it, the absolute madmen. To all those who predicted that Isabelle would get a letter…

I'll take my time to gather up my thoughts...

Also, Luigi's Mansion 3, Battle Circuit, portable Katamari remake, free New Super Luigi U, it's like Christmas! Though I never thought that Peach being related to Toads would be proven true after all.

And finally, well, looks like Cloud actually does deserve to be in Smash now, huh? :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh also, I think this Direct confirmed something. Square is giving Nintendo:
* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remaster
* Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition
* Final Fantasy XII Remaster
* A new Chocobo's dungeon
* Final Fantasy's VII, IX, and X/X-2

I think we can all agree that they're not 'stingy' with Nintendo. Any problems with getting people into Smash has been with licensing has not been because of Square.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
My big takeaways from this direct:

~LUIGI'S MANSION 3, BOYZ
~KATAMARI AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
~Cloud in Smash is officially justified
~Wolf is Vegeta, if his dietary habits are anything to go by
~Amazingly enough, no casualties from the latest Smash reveal
~Playable Petey Piranha in Mario Tennis once again
~Swank new band for Spla2n

All in all, it's a solid 8/10 from me. Pretty good reveals overall, just not quite to the magnitude we're used to.

nintenplayer

Smash Journeyman
While the trailer kinda sucked, I'm still over the roof happy for Isabelle, this is GREAT!!

And a new Animal Crossing AS WELL as a new Luigi's Mansion? Take my ****ing wallet Nintendo

I got everything I expected and wanted in this Direct so, I'm pretty satisfied personally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom